Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3 Series Compact (2001)

pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
edited March 2014 in BMW
2001 BMW 3-Series Compact. What do you think? Thanks for your comments. ;-)

Pocahontas
Host
Hatchbacks Message Board

Comments

• Options
    pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802

What do you think? ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks Message Board
  • Options
    MarkinAtlantaMarkinAtlanta Member Posts: 194
    Alway's really, really liked the ti. Almost, almost bought an E36 318ti in 1998. Roundel says it won't come to the US. Das is schade. Translation, that is a shame.
  • Options
    div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Well, NA also said the E36 Compact wouldn't be brought over. The Compact was a popular car in other markets, but Americans stupidly equate "hatchback" with "cheap car". I bet NA will reconsider if the M-B C230 hatch takes off.
    As for the E46 Compact, I sorta like it. In side profile it looks nearly identical to the old Compact; since I own a 1995 ti, that doesn't bother me one bit ;) That said, it doesn't look as slick or sporty as the M-B. And BMW simply must lose the ricey IS300 style tail lights. ECCHHHH!!! The interior looks pretty nice, though I prefer the simple and functional "BMW Traditional" layout of my car. Would I buy one? Maybe. A sub-35K M Compact would be difficult for me to resist. Only PLEASE fix those hideous rear lights.
  • Options
    occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    I will give kudos to one thing on the taillights, unlike most of the import-racer wannabe taillight kits, at least these Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS copies have amber turn signal lenses. Nice car, plenty of cargo room, sounds good to me, except it is about $20,000 more than I'll ever be able to spend on a car.
This discussion has been closed.