Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kimo6kimo6 Member Posts: 10
    So the price are going up as time pass by. cannot believe this. these tricky dealers. Did they tell you that LX out the door is: $17,281 (3% state tax)?
  • jd126jd126 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2012 Civic EX 4-Door. Dyno Blue Pearl. My OTD price was $21,515. That's tax, title, doc fees, tint, paint protection, and wheel locks. Tax was 8.95%. I feel like I had to fight for this price. I talked with multiple dealerships in Arizona and also out of state to.

I hope this helps.
  • charbfercharbfer Member Posts: 2
    Hi kimo6, would you also email me the name of this dealer ?

Thanks, charbfer
    email: charbfer@yahoo.com
  • charbfercharbfer Member Posts: 2
    Hi akash00, would you pls forward that dealer info to me?
    Thanks, charbfer
    email: charbfer@yahoo.com
  • mmgrupmmgrup Member Posts: 1
    Seems a good price in NY. How do you get this deal? Do you have rebate or discount on it? Do you have trade-in? I am willing to get my civic soon~
  • punerypunery Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a CIVIC LX in Alpharetta GA for total drive out price of $18700 including floor mats, body side moldings, splash guards & door edge guards. Good price?
  • taffy_r18taffy_r18 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I just helped my sister-in-law take delivery of her new 2012 Civic tonight. I had competitive bids from 15 Honda dealers and then gave a couple of them a second shot to beat the best offer that we had received. Here is what we got:

2012 Honda Civic LX sedan, automatic
    $17,987
    + $129 document fee
    - $700 when financed through Honda
    ---------
    $17,416 before tax (7%), title, registration
    ---------
    $18,702 OTD (included splash guards too)

This was from a Pittsburgh, PA area dealer. I think the price was great and the dealer was awesome to work with. Everything was done over the phone ahead of time. She just had to sign papers and was on her way. No hard selling in the F&I office either.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    Kirstie,
    Please contact me, i'm willing to share my experience.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Please reply to the e-mail address that Kirstie posted in her message..

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jason115jason115 Member Posts: 3
    just got a quote from honda dealer for 2012 honda civic EX with navigation and sunroof. Since my credit isn't that good(around 720). They offer me $3000 for DP, $370 monthly payment(include TAX) for 35 months leasing term, and the residual price is $13500 at the end of lease. How is this sounds? how bad of this deal? :mad:
  • taffy_r18taffy_r18 Member Posts: 2
    jason115, are you saying that it's $370 per month with $3,000 due at signing? If so, that seems like a lot to me. What's the money factor on this "deal?"
  • jason115jason115 Member Posts: 3
    I believe the money is about .0025. I think I was ripped off... :mad:
  • arthur16arthur16 Member Posts: 2
    Just paid $18600 OTD((2012 Civic LX automatic), state 5 percent tax included . all doc fees etc.
    Bangor, Maine..may have got it down a little more perhaps, but I am told this was a good deal.
    You pays your money, you takes your chances! HA!
    Good dealership, more professional than most. Darlings.
  • dan36124dan36124 Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2012
    Oh man....Dude that's a terrible deal. A deal I was just working on (but dealer screwed it up with terrible trade in value)...is Civic EX with Nav.

MSRP - 22775
    Selling Price - 20728
    Residual - 58% (13,209.50)
    Money factor - .000810
    36months/15k miles per year.

Including tax this comes to $252 a month. Of course they'll try to throw in a bank fee, motor vehicles, 1st month......maybe a doc fee (tell them NO).....But 370 is offensively high. I think 720 would be good enough to get the good money factor. I think? Even still, at .0025, your payment would come to $314 a month in this deal.

Oh and do not put "DOWN" any money as a cap cost reduction. If the car is totalled or stolen and not found, that money is gone. Better to have slightly higher monthly payments and keep that money safe.
  • tulsaztulsaz Member Posts: 1
    Trade-in for a 2012 Civic EX. Paid $11,750 out the door. Trade in was a 2003 Accord EX with 110,000 miles (great shape, new timing belt/tires, leather/moonroof). They threw in window tint on the new car. In Tulsa, OK.

Good deal?
    Did you recently purchase a compact or subcompact at least in part because it had very good fuel efficiency as gas prices continue to climb? A reporter is interested in speaking with you. Please send a brief description of your experience and contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sophia4carsophia4car Member Posts: 1
    This price is really good. How much state tax did you pay? I'm seeing a Honda civic LX Auto too these days. The best offer I can get is 18000 otd, including 8% state plus county tax.
  • ilikehondas2ilikehondas2 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a new civic ex today from round rock honda for 19200 otd. Had a trade so no tax was added. Got 1.9 and first payment covered by ahfc. Sales staff(Internet guy) was great and finished the deal in 1.5 hrs.
  • az2chicagoaz2chicago Member Posts: 10
    Removing the 8% tax from $18000 on the LX Auto, the price would be $16666.

My local Honda (Chicago area) has the LX Auto listed with a sale price of $16990. These are over $1000 under invoice. Looks like there is a little more room for me to negotiate.

I was about ready to buy at the $16990 price, so I'd say $16666 is a great price.
  • bakalao2kbakalao2k Member Posts: 7
    I bought my 2011 Civic LX with no options in Dec 2010 and paid $16581 OTD.

Carrs Honda in Chicago. Ask for Ludovic.
  • fgwhfgwh Member Posts: 5
    Two of my friends bought new cars in March 2011 and November 2011 respectively and paid about OTD $16800 respectively. As I looking for new cars now, the lowest offer from internet is OTD $17700. It seems the price goes up by about $1000. Is it possible to get last year's price?
  • dfencedfence Member Posts: 2
    I had a price of 17,500 otd on a 2012 LX but decided on an EX for 19,000 otd This was from a Dealer in the Washington DC area
  • dfencedfence Member Posts: 2
    I got a OTD price of 17,500 for a LX Auto
  • associatexassociatex Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a Civic EXL w Navi at a dealership in Suffolk County NY.

Price of vehicle : $22,000 with LoJack installed. OTD was $23,995 after taxes/fees.

Hope this helps someone.
  • fgwhfgwh Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    HI, Dfence,
    Do you have the dealership name, please?

''I had a price of 17,500 otd on a 2012 LX but decided on an EX for 19,000 otd This was from a Dealer in the Washington DC area ''
  • steveaspesisteveaspesi Member Posts: 46
    Can someone recommend a vendor on-line that sells Honda accessories?

thanks,

also: I read a post from February where a buy thought he had less than good credit with a score of 720! That should qualify you for the best rate out there imo. If the dealer said you have less than sold credit with a score of 720 - he's lying to you.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    For all-season floormats I recommend WeatherTech DigitalFit FloorLiners if you plan on keeping your car for a long time (since they're more expensive) -- have them in my '11 Civic and like them a lot (I keep them in there all year around)

For accessories you can check eBay for OEM ones -- here are some discounted online websites but you'll have to price things out on your own to see who's the cheapest with shipping:
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/ (they also have PDFs on how to install)
    http://www.bernardiparts.com/ (they also have PDFs on how to install)
    http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ (they also have PDFs on how to install)
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
    http://www.hondapartscheap.com/
    http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/
    http://www.bkhondaparts.com/
  • ksternosksternos Member Posts: 14
    Have some questions.... OTD means out the door w/ tax, destination, etc? Does everyone's base price include destination?

Please let me know how this compares to others:

The price I got was $17,100 (including the $770 destination).
    I added $198 for the window etching
    7% tax was 1,210.86
    299 mandatory 4 yr registration & plates
    299 document fee
    GRAND TOTAL $19,114.36
    Does the $16,990 price include destination? I was just quoted $17,100 including dest. for an LX Auto in Northern NJ.
    Can you give us a breakdown of each item that added up to 23,995. That would be most helpful.
  • az2chicagoaz2chicago Member Posts: 10
    The $16990 price included destination.

I got a couple quotes with true car and they were $16233 + 770 destination, which is about the same ($13 more).

But yesterday one of the dealers that sent me the quote offered to lower their price by another $250. So shoot for $16750 including destination, but not including doc fees (about $160 in IL), tax, title, and license.
    I assume you are in the chicago area?

I did make a deposit last night, seems your price is $350 less. On second thought, after reading comments about the poor design reviews, I'm going to cancel the purchase.
    A reporter is looking to interview people who bought new cars during the month of March 2012. Please email pr@edmunds.com with the make and model of your purchase and your daytime contact info no later than Monday, April 2, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• patkarpatkar Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

I have leased a 2012 Civic in 2011 Nov for 24 months (Seattle, WA). The car has done 1650 miles only. The monthly payments are $363 and the current payoff amount is $18500. There is now a problem. I wish to leave the country in November 2012 as I am not from the US (better job back home). Therefore I wish to get out of the lease. What options do I have? I know that I could complete the 18K payoff on the car and sell it again. What else? Honda does not allow lease transfers. Could I just pay the remaining lease payments ($368 X remaining months) and get out of this? Are there any penalties involved? How much of a mess am I in?

Looking forward to everyones responses

NP
  • ilovelailovela Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys.. I just completed this deal

Civic EX
    3 year - 12,000 miles/year
    Residual 62%
    Money factor .0013
    Monthly payment $200 (incld tax, license, and fees)
    Down payment $1500 (incd tax, license, and fees + 1st month pmt)

What did u guys think?
  • sportsfanaticsportsfanatic Member Posts: 1
    Got a new Honda Civic LX. End of the month deal and on the last day of the month.

Final Price: $18,159 (no trade-in)

LX Model - $15,882
    Destination - $770
    Mass tax - 6.25%.....$1041
    Title, registration and doc fee - $465
  • ajaybarveajaybarve Member Posts: 3
    Bought White Civic EX-L with NAV on April 2 and picked it up yesterday in Dallas. Price Paid 21905+TTL which included window tint, splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, and some protection package for door handles, rear bumper etc. Traded in a 2000 Acura 3.2TL and dealer paid fair price for the trade in based on craig's list postings for similar cars in Dallas. Another competing offer was for approx 21400+TTL without any dealer adds, but the dealer was 30 miles away. Also a warehouse store that has a car service offer was 500 below invoice, again with a dealership about 20 miles away. My dealer is about 5 miles. Also took the Honda financing for 36 months to get the 500 "rebate" on 1st months pmt. Dealer add-ons were about 1700 at full price.

I called the dealer to make sure the car was inside due to hail storms in dallas. Our area got hit very bad. luckily it was in the shop for window tinting when the storms hit.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You can't just pay the payments and drop off the car...

You can solicit offers from dealers on the car.. The advantage is that you won't have to buy the car (and pay sales tax) before then selling it to someone else. The disadvantage is that a dealer won't give you as much as a private buyer..

You might still take a bath, but late model Civics hold their value extremely well.... even if you don't break even, you'll likely be out a lot less than the remaining $6500 in payments on the lease.. There are plenty of Honda dealers in a city the size of Seattle... shop it around, and see what happens.

If the Honda dealers aren't playing ball, try CarMax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• randrx2randrx2 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    In Hampton Roads, Virginia.

Just picked up a 2012 Honda Civic EX for $19,250 + TTL (price includes destination and $250 dealer processing fee). No trade.

Included dealer added "Appearance Package" (wheel locks, mudguards, pinstripe).
  • have2civicshave2civics Member Posts: 2
    Got my new 2012 Honda civic lx tody....out the door for $17000. all taxes title and fees included....no trade...no down...and fully financed through American Honda at 1.9% ..$297/mo for sixty months. Cincinnati
  • have2civicshave2civics Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention that its an automatic
    If you recently traded in a gas guzzler for a more fuel-efficient new vehicle, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with your daytime contact info and the makes and models of the vehicles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33
    That's very good deal. may I ask how much is sale tax in your area?
    Is it a sedan or coupe?
    Here's in Bay Area, CA that they have a sale for 16.9K for LX auto sedan+ tax and doc. fee. Almost the same with your OTD.
    Could you tell us what's exactly price? tax? doc. fee?
    Thanks for sharing.
  • ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33
    Got a new Honda Civic LX. End of the month deal and on the last day of the month.

Final Price: $18,159 (no trade-in)

LX Model - $15,882
    Destination - $770
    Mass tax - 6.25%.....$1041
    Title, registration and doc fee - $465

In Bay Area, CA more expensive than your area. Thank you for sharing.
  • hedmundshedmunds Member Posts: 5
    you got a very good deal on your civic lx. could you please share your experience on how you managed to get this OTD price of $17000 with the dealer? the dealers around my area won't even consider below invoice price. Thank you very much!
  • vic139vic139 Member Posts: 1
    Which area are you in? Is there any information in Cleveland area for reference?
  • anubhav1anubhav1 Member Posts: 4
    Thats a great price.. I am also looking to buy Civic LX in cincinnati.
    Can u tell us what is the dealer name.. u can mail at contactvinodgarg at yahoo
  • rangerusa1111rangerusa1111 Member Posts: 1
    We recently bought a new Civic Hybrid with leather seats for $24,177 + TTL.
  • ttmadisonttmadison Member Posts: 2
    I have negotiated two written offers from San Diego-area Honda dealerships for a CASH deal, no trade-in, no extras:

New 2012 Honda Civic EX sedan w/nav (no leather) for $20,500 plus TTL out-the-door price.

I'm planning on buying tomorrow. Any cautions? (I've read all the scams and tactics, etc. and the dealerships know I won't fall for anything, nor can they waste myy time.)