Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• akhtar1akhtar1 Posts: 19
    Bought Civic LX Silver with Black Interior yesterday June 29.
    $16573 (including destination)
    $17543 (OTD) -$500 (honda financing)
    Final price $17043.

Pohanka of Fredericksburg in the Washington DC area. No other dealer came within $500 of that price
  • micrainmicrain Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    So, I just got the car yesterday. I bought a red civic sedan lx from San Francisco Honda. I managed to get the promotional 0.9% APR through Honda so didn't even put a down payment. OTD was $19,033 (sales tax is for Santa Clara county) with the breakdown being $17,100 (incl $500 financing rebate and destination fee) for the car plus doc fee ($80), taxes, title and registration.

I negotiated solely through email & phone by contacting the dealerships in the area. They were typically beating each other's prices by $100 every time I called/emailed. Eventually, I decided it was time to stop negotiating and buy the car since I need it to commute to work now :)

I must post a warning for the shoppers in the Bay Area. Please avoid the Victory Honda dealership in San Bruno. After getting the $17,100 quote from SF Honda we saw them on the way and decided to check if they could beat it. They claimed that I didn't qualify for the promotional financing rate and the lowest they could give me was 3.9% APR which was a flat out lie. They also tied the sales of the car to our purchase of extra services such as extended warranty, etc. I understand that the price might be too low for them but why lie? I will give a call to Honda to complain about them. Let's see how it goes.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else out there!
  • finbar127finbar127 Posts: 4
    2013 Civic LX Auto - no other options. Silver w/Black Fabric. 0.9% Honda financing.

MSRP: $19,755
    Invoice: $18,423
    Sale Price: $17,538 (includes $790 Destination and $75 Doc Fee)
    Tax: $1,462.53
    DMV Fees: $203 (Title, 2 year reg, inspection, NY waste tire fee)
    OTD: $19,203.53

Contacted 12 dealers in my area. Most wouldn't come anywhere near this price. One came within $300.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,693
    Which Dealer?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• kewlajkewlaj Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Hi Akhtar1,

Does your price include any rebate like recent grad or military and did you get 0% APR.

I'm shopping for Civic LX in norther virginia and trying to get some quotes.

Thank you.
    Honda of New Rochelle. I sent an e-mail and received an email response with the quote from the Internet Manager. I brought the e-mail with me when I went to finalize the deal. The salesman reviewed the email, checked the computer and sold me the car for the quoted price. No problems at all. A surprisingly stress free experience.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,693
    Cool. Good to know. They advertise a ton in the papers. The lease on my current ride isn't up until next summer, but I might buy another Honda because there is nothing out there that wows me. If I do, it would be the 4th Honda in my stable. My current 3 are my 2001 Prelude Type SH, my wife's 2011 Pilot EXL W/ Navigation, & my 160 CC lawn mower;). I live in Stamford, CT but am willing to travel to Westchester or LI for a smokin deal.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• ashu10ashu10 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Has anyone bought the 2013 Honda civic LX in NJ area. I am planning to buy one. The dealer quated me 18400 base price. I guess i can go lower. Can anyone please help.
  • ashu10ashu10 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Did you buy Sedan or Coupe? I am intrested in 2013 Honda civic sedan automatic, they quoted me sales price 18,423(includes $790 destination)

Thanks
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,013
    A reporter would like to speak with a Baby Boomer who recently (within the last year) purchased a compact or subcompact car. If you can assist, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by July 17, 2013

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• What is the best deal in the Bay Area on a 2013 Civic LX (auto)? Has anyone gotten 18K or lower OTD?
  • tendency,
    Could you share more details, please?
  • kitty0315kitty0315 Posts: 1
    Initially I was looking to buy the LX model. I went online and received three different Internet quotes from honda dealers in the northern Virginia area, which ranged from 19,100 to 19,500 (the out the door price). Then my dad just happened to stumble across Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg website. The saleswoman I spoke with said that they one had one LX model left and it was a manual (i cant drive a stick shift,so that wasn't going to work), but said she could offer a competitive price for an EX model. Since we were chatting online I wanted to hear this competitive price and she came back and said the out the door price with taxes, fees and tags was 19,287.15. I took her up on the deal. Drove 40 miles to Fredericksburg, signed at 19,287.15 with 0.9 financing and drove home with my new Honda Civic Ex :) Feels good knowing I got a great deal. Hassle free buying experience would buy again from them!
  • mike_homemike_home Posts: 17
    What prices have people been paying for a 2013 Civic EX or EXL sedan? I am interested in the price with destination charges but before sales tax.

I am also interested about the buying experiences of any Honda dealers in the central New Jersey area.
  • kitty - could you give the breakdown please?
  • emilemaemilema Posts: 4
    I bought a 2013 Civic EX today for 19800 OTD in Maryland. Not the lowest price on the forum, but this was the lowest price I could find in MD and VA.
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I bought the sedan. $18,423 is the invoice price for the sedan. You should be able to find a lower price.
  • jk2009catjk2009cat Posts: 1
    Hi Emilema,
    Which dealer did you use? Did OTD include DMV fees?
    Thx, Jen
  • emilemaemilema Posts: 4
    Yes, DMV fees were included in the OTD price. I used Criswell in Germantown.
  • wholiganwholigan Posts: 148
    10 years since I bought my last new car (2003 Ody). The game has not changed much with the exception of having the salesperson speaking for the finance team instead of having to go to another room and negotiate that out. Buying experience was 4 out of 5.

2013 Civic LX Auto - no other options. Crimson Pearl w/Beige Fabric. 1.9% Honda financing.

MSRP: $19,755
    Invoice: $18,423 ($17633 + $790 Dest)
    Sale Price: $18,299 ($17509 + $790 Dest)
    Tax: $1,209.44 (6.5% of Sale Price [$1189.44] + $20 Excise Tax)
    Doc Fee: $75 (capped in MN)
    Lic/Reg: $351.75 (Registration+Safety+Plate+Title+Filing+Lein+Wheelage)
    OTD: $19,953.19
    OutOfPocket Down: $2000
    Honda Finance Down: $500

This was the best deal we could get in Minnesota suburbs. Starting (no-haggle - LOL!) price was $18,699. Struggled to get the red color in the Twin Cities. Dealer had to swap with another dealer 150 miles away. truecar.com is a great bargaining tool, however, there were no True Car Honda Dealers in the Twin cities. Average reported True Car Sale Price for our ZIP was $18915 ($18125 + $790 Dest). Using Illinois zip code (Glenview) resulted in the best price within 500 miles (a sub $100 plane trip + time to fly/drive home - I have family there - would have been an easy option): $17794 ($17004 + $790 Dest). Definitely helped that it was end of the month as well...

Financing. I had an offer with my insurance company's banking side for .89% for 60 months, however, chose the Honda Finance because of the additional $500 added to down payment (as well as convenience). In the end, the $500 is a little better than a "wash" for that point of interest.
  • I cannot find any information on $500 Honda finance loyalty rebate. Is this deal still on? I live in Austin, TX
    Thanks
  • goku705goku705 Posts: 5
    Hi tgozdalski1

I purchased civic EX on tuesday 08/06/13, they do have 0.9% up to 60 mo finance, they take out $500.00 when I do the finance at Honda.

I live in Chicago, IL.
  • Thank you for information, Goku705
  • jartxjartx Posts: 2
    Just got a 2013 Civic LX sedan Friday (8/9/13) from Gillman Honda of San Antonio (Shertz). They gave me the best internet quote by quite a bit, so accepted their offer from Timothy Horan. When I got there, he had the car I wanted ready for me to test drive (dyno blue). After that, we went in, did the paperwork, then had to go to a spiel with a guy selling options (very low key as he knew I wasn't local and needed to get on the road), then to the finance guy. That was the only "bump" in the road I experienced here, but when I made it very clear I wasn't going to buy any of the "extras" and was promised I'd be out of there in an hour and a half, he relented and printed out the paperwork for me to sign). Overall, it was a fairly easy transaction and was happy with the price I got. Here's my breakdown (this price included the $500 0.9% finance cash from Honda):

DRIVE OUT QUOTE FROM TIM HORAN, GILLMAN HONDA
    MODEL: 2013 Civic LX auto Sedan
    MSRP: 19,755.00 including destination charge
    Your Internet price 17,399.00
    Sales Tax 1,087.44 (8.25%)
    Vehicle Inventory Tax 30.76
    License 69.25
    Title/Registration 33.00
    2 year state Inspection 23.75
    Document Fee 189.00
    "Drive Out" Total 18,832.20
  • fabricfabric Posts: 7
    In SoCal car dealer ad., there has some NEW civic GXs for sell at $21,500.
    Have any idea of reasonable prices now? (2014 cars are coming out now, they still have 2012 cars) Thank You.
  • Curious, how much is the breakdown of your payments - Down Payment, _ Monthly Payment for _ months?
    I have seen where they give you one purchase price and tell you your APR, but then monthly payments are not consistent with that. Of course I walked out of that dealership.
  • jartxjartx Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    "Curious, how much is the breakdown of your payments - Down Payment, _ Monthly Payment for _ months?"

Downpayment was $10,000 with monthly payments of $245 for 36 months. I'll pay it off sooner just because I don't like carrying debt, but with a .9% interest rate, it's tempting to go the life of the loan. They tried to get me to go 60 months, but that was a big no.
  • bethpabethpa Posts: 29
    I hope this information is helpful to someone looking to purchase or lease a new Civic LX. I leased a Civic LX automatic with a cost (or in my lease it was the gross capitalized cost) of $18,053 and a 5 speed LX at a gross capitalized of 17791.73. These were used to work up a lease for zero money at signing, 27 months (actually 26 payments as it was a zero a signing lease). The automatic LX was $217 and the 5 speed was $207 through Honda Financial. I did get $500 of cash on each car from Honda. Not sure if that was flex cash or some other money.

I hope this is helpful information.