Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wiphillyfan1wiphillyfan1 Member Posts: 10
    Automatic?
  • jk2009catjk2009cat Member Posts: 1
    Hi Emilema,
    Which dealer did you use? Did OTD include DMV fees?
    Thx, Jen
  • emilemaemilema Member Posts: 4
    Yes, DMV fees were included in the OTD price. I used Criswell in Germantown.
  • wholiganwholigan Member Posts: 148
    10 years since I bought my last new car (2003 Ody). The game has not changed much with the exception of having the salesperson speaking for the finance team instead of having to go to another room and negotiate that out. Buying experience was 4 out of 5.

2013 Civic LX Auto - no other options. Crimson Pearl w/Beige Fabric. 1.9% Honda financing.

MSRP: $19,755
    Invoice: $18,423 ($17633 + $790 Dest)
    Sale Price: $18,299 ($17509 + $790 Dest)
    Tax: $1,209.44 (6.5% of Sale Price [$1189.44] + $20 Excise Tax)
    Doc Fee: $75 (capped in MN)
    Lic/Reg: $351.75 (Registration+Safety+Plate+Title+Filing+Lein+Wheelage)
    OTD: $19,953.19
    OutOfPocket Down: $2000
    Honda Finance Down: $500

This was the best deal we could get in Minnesota suburbs. Starting (no-haggle - LOL!) price was $18,699. Struggled to get the red color in the Twin Cities. Dealer had to swap with another dealer 150 miles away. truecar.com is a great bargaining tool, however, there were no True Car Honda Dealers in the Twin cities. Average reported True Car Sale Price for our ZIP was $18915 ($18125 + $790 Dest). Using Illinois zip code (Glenview) resulted in the best price within 500 miles (a sub $100 plane trip + time to fly/drive home - I have family there - would have been an easy option): $17794 ($17004 + $790 Dest). Definitely helped that it was end of the month as well...

Financing. I had an offer with my insurance company's banking side for .89% for 60 months, however, chose the Honda Finance because of the additional $500 added to down payment (as well as convenience). In the end, the $500 is a little better than a "wash" for that point of interest.
    2003 Honda Odyssey EX-LRES - Midnight Blue Pearl
    2004 Honda Accord EX-L Graphite Pearl
    2007 Honda Civic EX - Atomic Blue
    2013 Honda Civic LX - Crimson Pearl
  • tgozdalski1tgozdalski1 Member Posts: 34
    I cannot find any information on $500 Honda finance loyalty rebate. Is this deal still on? I live in Austin, TX
    Thanks
  • goku705goku705 Member Posts: 5
    Hi tgozdalski1

I purchased civic EX on tuesday 08/06/13, they do have 0.9% up to 60 mo finance, they take out $500.00 when I do the finance at Honda.

I live in Chicago, IL.
  • tgozdalski1tgozdalski1 Member Posts: 34
    Thank you for information, Goku705
  • jartxjartx Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2013 Civic LX sedan Friday (8/9/13) from Gillman Honda of San Antonio (Shertz). They gave me the best internet quote by quite a bit, so accepted their offer from Timothy Horan. When I got there, he had the car I wanted ready for me to test drive (dyno blue). After that, we went in, did the paperwork, then had to go to a spiel with a guy selling options (very low key as he knew I wasn't local and needed to get on the road), then to the finance guy. That was the only "bump" in the road I experienced here, but when I made it very clear I wasn't going to buy any of the "extras" and was promised I'd be out of there in an hour and a half, he relented and printed out the paperwork for me to sign). Overall, it was a fairly easy transaction and was happy with the price I got. Here's my breakdown (this price included the $500 0.9% finance cash from Honda):

DRIVE OUT QUOTE FROM TIM HORAN, GILLMAN HONDA
    MODEL: 2013 Civic LX auto Sedan
    MSRP: 19,755.00 including destination charge
    Your Internet price 17,399.00
    Sales Tax 1,087.44 (8.25%)
    Vehicle Inventory Tax 30.76
    License 69.25
    Title/Registration 33.00
    2 year state Inspection 23.75
    Document Fee 189.00
    "Drive Out" Total 18,832.20
  • fabricfabric Member Posts: 22
    In SoCal car dealer ad., there has some NEW civic GXs for sell at $21,500.
    Have any idea of reasonable prices now? (2014 cars are coming out now, they still have 2012 cars) Thank You.
  • pixelvillepixelville Member Posts: 7
    Curious, how much is the breakdown of your payments - Down Payment, _ Monthly Payment for _ months?
    I have seen where they give you one purchase price and tell you your APR, but then monthly payments are not consistent with that. Of course I walked out of that dealership.
  • jartxjartx Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    "Curious, how much is the breakdown of your payments - Down Payment, _ Monthly Payment for _ months?"

Downpayment was $10,000 with monthly payments of $245 for 36 months. I'll pay it off sooner just because I don't like carrying debt, but with a .9% interest rate, it's tempting to go the life of the loan. They tried to get me to go 60 months, but that was a big no.
  • bugplaybugplay Member Posts: 10
    Test
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    I hope this information is helpful to someone looking to purchase or lease a new Civic LX. I leased a Civic LX automatic with a cost (or in my lease it was the gross capitalized cost) of $18,053 and a 5 speed LX at a gross capitalized of 17791.73. These were used to work up a lease for zero money at signing, 27 months (actually 26 payments as it was a zero a signing lease). The automatic LX was $217 and the 5 speed was $207 through Honda Financial. I did get $500 of cash on each car from Honda. Not sure if that was flex cash or some other money.

I hope this is helpful information.
  • dd123dd123 Member Posts: 53
    Piad: $17300 Plus TTL ( no extra fees other than $80 document fee
    Civic also had splash/mud guard pre installed, not sure it was standard.

Literally no hassle price in San Diego

truecar was 17540
    cosot was 18222
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Good job Bethpa - looks like the net selling price on these vehicles was around 1500-2000 back of invoice factoring in the 500 flex cash on each - is that pretty close? I wasn't sure of your DMV fees and taxes in PA so I'm just estimating. Looks like the kids got some reliable transportation.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Hello everyone!
    Working on a deal for a 2013 Honda Civic LX AT........here is what I have on the table:

MSRP: $19,755
    Selling Price: $17,225
    Sales Tax: $1427.58
    Smog: $42.00
    Title Fee: $28.25
    Dealer DOC fee: $399.50

Or I can LEASE it for:
    $589 due at drive off
    and $174/mo plus tax
    36mo and 12,000 miles/yr
  • thrice626thrice626 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    At this point in the game (end of August) how many dollars should we be shooting for below invoice on 2013 Civic's? In the Accord thread, they are saying to shoot for about $1000-$1800 below invoice?

Does this hold true for Civic's?

I am debating on an Accord LX (base model) or a Civic EX (base model).

BTW - I am in the Los Angeles area..

Thanks
    Thrice - you should be able to do that here in SoCal - we've got lots of Honda dealers. Send an identical email to as many dealers within the distance you are willing to travel. Give them your criteria and ask for their best quote (including destination and their dealer doc fee). This way, you're comparing apples to apples. Cerritos, Weir Canyon, and Spreen are usually pretty competitive but work with as many dealers as you can. Negotiate only with the folks in the internet sales departments. Massage the quotes and don't get stressed - stay focused and determined. Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Bill G
  • zsumuzsumu Member Posts: 3
    I got the following offer for 2013 Civic LX 4dr Automatic (Standard Features) for 18,543 OTD in Cleveland, OH. Is this good offer to consider or any body has got any better deal?

17,600 Base Price Discounted (below invoice)
    250 Doc Fees
    1160.25 Tax 6.5%
    33.50 Regist. Fees
    ------------
    -500 Flex Cash (Honda Financing discount)
    -----------
    18,543 (OTD - Amt financed)

Any comments or share your experience will be helpful.
    Thanks
  • thrice626thrice626 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks again for your insight, Bill. It keeps me motivated. I have about 30 or so email addresses for sales internet managers and will start emailing today. I'll keep you posted!!
  • haxorhaxor Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I had been following this thread and wanted to share my own experience. Recently bought a 2013 Civic LX sedan (automatic) in the SF bay area:

(cash deal)
    $17200 base (including dest charge)
    $19041 OTD

There were several dealers willing to give ~$16800 with financing, using the $500 flex cash.
  • zsumu1zsumu1 Member Posts: 2
    Great Deal - Can you please provide the beak up (any doc fees etc) paid?
  • cs5211cs5211 Member Posts: 1
    If you dont mind, an you let me know where you got it from? I am looking for the same. Was it a 2Dr or 4Dr that you bought?
  • pixelvillepixelville Member Posts: 7
    Btw, haxor does say 4dr in the subj and also sedan in the text.
  • nizakanizaka Member Posts: 1
    What part of the country are you in?
  • akhtar1akhtar1 Member Posts: 22
    Sorry for the late response. $500 off for Honda financing. IT does not include military or college grad or any other discount
  • ninissniniss Member Posts: 7
    If this is an automatic LX then you've got the lowest price in this entire forum.
  • ciaramellociaramello Member Posts: 1
    Isn't there an $800 destination fee in there also?
  • zsumu1zsumu1 Member Posts: 2
    No all inclusive
  • smallworld1smallworld1 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you get this quote from?
  • sunny59sunny59 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

It seesm that you got a super deal. Does it have 2-side doors or 4 side doors.
    What is yout OTD price?

I live in San Diego and am looking for a 2013 civic LX/auto. Can you let me know the names of the dealer and sales person? Thanks :)
  • xfsxfs Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    Picked up a Civic EX 2013 4 Door yesterday after a week of bargaining.

I got it for

18599.00 + tax + 349 doc fee

Dealer is located in Mass.

How did I do?

Edited for total price:

Total price paid 20267.93 (RI taxes)
  • dd123dd123 Member Posts: 53
    Once again,
    I got 2013 Honda civic LX 4 door with splash guard for $17300 + TTL with no extra fee in san diego
    this was almost without negotiation.

My OTD was $19003.

Deals was honda of escondido and saleperson was greg
  • santababesantababe Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Dear. xfs

Could you give me some tips how you got such a good deal?
    My email is [email protected]
    I am on my way home from dealershop after 3 hrs of negotiation.
    The otd was $22,000 range. Msrp was 20,299 for EX

Please help.
    This is my first time purchasing a car and I need a wise advice.

Thank you
    Hi, I was puchase 2013 Civic EX in Chicago, IL. OTD price $20,400. I know my price is not the cheaper. Hope this can help you a little bit.
  • toolshed2toolshed2 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to purchase 2013 honda civic coupe si base model. I received a price of 20400 from my local dealer (excluding taxes. They also charge 600 in dealers fees). Does it sound like a good deal.
  • rainstonerainstone Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Would you mind telling me which dealer you bought the car from? I am also in Chicago and shopping Honda civic EX maybe EXL.

Thanks!
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

I bought from Continental Honda at Countryside IL.
  • feli1feli1 Member Posts: 1
    I'd love to find out a fair price for civic exl in Seattle. Can anyone give advice? Thanks!!!
  • prettypennyprettypenny Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys, gonna buy a car today or tomorrow. Is the 2013 Honda Sedan LX -automatic $19,300 OTD (out-the-door/final) price a good deal?

Also, let's say if I don't like the color they have, how much more could I possibly negotiate down?

Thanks a bunch!
    Not knowing where you reside, the OTD is not a good way to measure. The invoice price incl destination for a civic LX automatic is around 18,500. A good price would be around 12-1500 below invoice - then factor in any incentives you may qualify for. Negotiate any dealer doc fees down as much as possible - if they tell you they can't lower their doc fee, see if they will adjust the selling price to compensate.

Good luck!

Bill G
    Southern California is where this deal is being made. So would that be a good OTD offer? $19,300?
    $17,790 including destination. Tax, license, other fees totaling $19,300. Yes or no?

Also got another quote for $17,490 but OTD was $19,340 (supposedly).

All dealers will ask you if you are financing or paying cash, so they can gauge how much more they can possibly make off of you via finance interest charges.

Also, in regards to financing, I know the type of credit you've own is important as well as many factors for you to get approved for a fantastic interest rate. I have great credit but will be a first -time new car buyer, so I am wondering how likley I would be approved for the lowest finance rate which right now is .9%.
    If they are factoring in flex cash, 17,490 is a so so deal. That's 500 below invoice plus 500 flex cash. As I said in my first response to you - shoot for 12-1500 below invoice plus any incentives you qualify for (i.e. flex cash would bring you to 17-2000 below invoice). As far as financing, if your credit score is around 700, you should be able to get Honda Finance's best rate.

Bill
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for your responses.

I'm not too familiar with flex cash. Does that mean there's a flexible in that $500 amount that dealers either keep for themselves or pass on a little more discount to me, lowering the cost of vehicle purchase?

Also, for my specific car in interest, a white 2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr sedan -automatic, Edmund is listing the TMW for this particular configuration (quoted from my zip code) to be at $18,445 (w/ destination) but without TTL. Are you saying I should try to get the quote 12-1500 or 17-2000 lower from $18,445 depending on if there's s flex cash or not? But even without flex cash, I go 1200 below $18,445, that is 17245. So is this the actual quote for the vehicle I should aim for?

If so, let's just pretend that also TTL is another 10%, then my OTD is just right under $19,000. It will be $18,969. Think that is a fair OTD for Southern Cali?
    Flex cash is a Honda supplied dealer cash - not sure it's still available - the 18,969 OTD in SoCal is a good deal if no flex cash is factored in - that's about 1500 under invoice.

Bill
    Bill,

Thanks for your reply. If you think the above Otd price was good, what range do you think would be considered great?
    If the dealer has flex cash available, an additional 500 off is possible.
  • whodey17whodey17 Member Posts: 2
    16206 Price of Vehicle
    250 Doc Fee
    16456 Taxable Amount
    1144 Tax

Total 17600 OTD

Cincinnati, OH Jeff Wyler Honda
    Congrats on the new car - were there any incentives involved? Your stated price is around 2000 below invoice - a very good deal indeed!

Enjoy the car!

Bill G