Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Honda does rebates through the back door. They are giving incentives to the dealers based on their number of sale for the month. Don't worry; they are not losing money at the dealership. The incentives vary with the number of cars sold. Also, Honda, like other makes, has a 3% holdback. Most dealers will not bargain with the holdback but they will bargain with the incentives.
  • Options
    freewillyfreewilly Member Posts: 8
    Dear All-
    Is this a good price for 2005 Honda Civic LX in NJ?
    15,500.00 Include Tax 6%, Destination and DMV
    I will be buying it tomorrow on 4th July
    Pl let me know if this is the best deal

Thanks in advance
    FreeWilly
  • Options
    The base price is 14,500(Include Destination) + 1000 Tax DMV etc
  • Options
    jiimmmjiimmm Member Posts: 15
    Try Curry Honda, Put in an internet request, They have dealerships in chicopee, ma and Yorktown ny.
    I got a great deal for a VP coupe w/side airbags for 12, 175 and their doc fee is only 124.
    I bought at chicopee but they did a vehicle swap with their yorktown dealership.
    Good luck
  • Options
    Is it a good deal???
  • Options
    fblackfblack Member Posts: 26
    For new 2005 Civic Sedan VP this dealer is charging $12,495 + $515 Freight, + $100 processing fee, + local tax and tags. Bottom line $13,110 + tax. It's in the Washington DC area. Is this a good deal or could I do better?

Thx
  • Options
    Is this a good price?
    I am also thinking of EX as this one doesnt have ABS. I am not sure if the LX has ABS???
    What is a good price in NJ for EX AT?
    Any experts have any suggestions about ABS?Currently I live in NJ but may be moving to MN where you get tons of snow

Is ABS really worth if you are in heavy snow states?

Tx....Willy
  • Options
    dhondadhonda Member Posts: 2
    Just helping out fellow civic shoppers. I didn't get any reference so this will hopefully help some one.
    Just bought one over the weekend for $14K includes destination but before TTL. This is the normal price around the Bay Area, CA. You should start targeting $1500 below invoice or more. If I had known earlier that would have been my target.
  • Options
    bj1879bj1879 Member Posts: 1
    What is a realistic price on the EX sedan automatic nnow that we are in July, I have been shopping and have been quoted at 16,300 (said 200 below invoice). What can I do or say to get this price down into the 15,500 range if that is possible. I am in Ky if that helps. Are any new dealer incentives coming out on the 5t5h, what are they if so? Thanks guys and gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mbell2mbell2 Member Posts: 1
    I found a 2001 Civic LX, auto with 47000 miles that looks great. The Honda dealer was asking $12995 which seems way high based on my research. He came down to $11K pretty quick but I was thinking he has $8500 in it so I should go $10K. What do you think? WHat is a fair profit for the dealer on a used car?

I found a 2003 that had just sold for $11K with lower miles so the 2001 seems high.

• Options
    hintrinshintrins Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I am in IN and the best i can find so far is a couple of hundred dollars over the invoice price. Can you provide the dealership names? I will gladly go to MD to save around $2k. Thank you!
  • Options
    bluelotusbluelotus Member Posts: 6
    Hello, hintrins,
    When I first sent emails and called the dealers for the quote, the quotes I got were all around the invoice price. Then I did some homework about the car, how much other people paid...( check http://www.carbuyingtips.com, it is very helpful )I print out all the information, and went to the dealer, showed them what should be a reasonable price... Of course, they would say it is a ridiculous price..blah blah... Till the last day of June ( I guess it is also the last day of that quarter), I got a couple of emails and calls from the dealers I visited, siome of them offered a much better price compared to the ones they offered before. Then I let them beat to each other, selected the best one.

I am not sure whether you can still get this price even you come over ( I once tried to get the same price as my friend got from the same Toyota dealer, it didn't work, since he got it on a special time, while the dealer was desperate to sell the car) the price depends on the time, the dealers sales situation, also the sales man...

I would recommend you to try the local first, and maybe try to call up a couple of Maryland dealers too.
  • Options
    sleukemsleukem Member Posts: 22
    You said:
    I paid $16,292 + TAX/LIC with the protection package (trunk tray, wheel locks, and splash guards), door edge guards, and all 5 windows tinted. 3 other dealers ended up saying they couldn't do it.... So I think it was a good deal...

I was quoted $16,200 (plus tax/license/doc fee) for the Civic EX SE Coupe with manual transmission. I didn't get the extra goodies you did! They don't have this car on the lot. They would have to trade another dealership for this car. According to Edmunds, this is $363 below invoice. I am located in Northern IL (Rockford).

Does anyone think I can do better?????
  • Options
    nash123nash123 Member Posts: 82
    Here is what I got from Honda website today:

Read all about it.

There's big news with the recent engine announcement for the 2006 Civic.

Greater horsepower, increased torque and improved fuel economy are just a few of the things you can expect under the hood. But the changes don't end there. The Civic has been redesigned from bumper to bumper, adding tons of new comfort features, engineering upgrades and inspired styling. It is transformation at its best.

Visit our Web site to view the full press release.

go to http://automobiles.honda.com/civics/email.aspx
  • Options
    keertibkeertib Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the market for a new Si, but I'm not sure if I should wait or buy one now. My local dealership in IL has a couple 2004s and a few 2005s (all brand new). I am perfectly fine buying the 2004, but the best price I can get for one seems to be $16,800 (incl. Dest. I believe). I've tried to do a bit of research to see if this is a good deal, but it's a little hard since the 2004 is now classified as a used car. (Edmunds TMV is ~$15,800). I'm not too worried about what the value of the car will be in the near future because I intend on keeping this car for quite a while.

My questions are:
    Is this a good price or can I do better?
    The salesperson told me they'd rather sell the 04 Sis at a dealer auction rather than sell it to me for $14-15K. Is this true?
    Should I wait a couple months until the 2006s come out hoping the price drops some more?

I'm a patient person, but I would love to have the car now and have some fun :-)

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    TuTu Member Posts: 56
    Last weekend I went to purchase an 2dr Civic SE auto for my niece negotiated a price of $17000 OTD at Landmark Honda in the Washington DC suburbs. Was this a good price?
  • Options
    TuTu Member Posts: 56
    Last weekend I went to purchase an 05 2dr Civic SE auto for my niece and negotiated a price of $17000 OTD at Landmark Honda in the Washington DC suburbs. Was this a good price? She loves the car!!
  • Options
    keertibkeertib Member Posts: 3
    Seems to be allright. It comes to about $15,500 for the car (which according to Edmunds is $1200 below the "invoice"). You could ask a couple other dealers easily since you are in the DC area if you want to be sure.
  • Options
    dpatdpat Member Posts: 87
    Your price is about what I just paid - I got an EX SE sedan auto for $17440 OTD at Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA. This price was with their "Hendrick Honda Value Package" which included door and wheel well guards, pinstripes, mud guards, and wheel locks. (They put this package on all of the cars they sell)
  • Options
    keycardkeycard Member Posts: 26
    Was looking at for a few weeks now, but the best deal that I found so far is round $15,700 before TTL...ANy suggestion>? And it didn't have the side airbags.

Thanks!
    KC
  • Options
    eric829eric829 Member Posts: 1
    Lowest quote last weekend before TTL was 15,888 (17,500 OTD).Anyone else get a better deal?
  • Options
    fuzzer34fuzzer34 Member Posts: 28
    Just picked up my Civic SI 2004 for $16,400 OTD here in the Lehigh Valley, NE PA. I'd recommend shopping around. I got the 2004 leftover for about $1K less than the 2005. It gets 32mpg and the shifter is great. The dealer through in mud guards and wheels locks for free. They really wanted to deal on this last 2004 versus the 2005 I took for a test drive. Good luck keertib...
  • Options
    fblackfblack Member Posts: 26
    I need to buy a car before the end of the month. I have my eye on a 2005 4dr Civic vp for $13,100 OTD. I've heard the end of model year clearance sale is coming up soon. Should I hold out or buy now?
  • Options
    poppypoppypoppypoppy Member Posts: 12
    is anybody know the price of Honda LX in indiana. i quote some deals, they give me the price is 1K higher than invoice price. does anybody get the lower price?
  • Options
    sorry, it is Honda Civic LX
  • Options
    when is the end of model year clearane sale? I am also looking for a car and hope to get it before the end of the month. if the big sale will come up soon, why not to wait more times and save some mone
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 3
    Honda website says the 2005 model clearance is coming soon
  • Options
    sbansalsbansal Member Posts: 1
    I was told by a dealer in Southern California that these are impossible to find. There were only 3 in California. Are these generally hard to find?
  • Options
    mlrtexasmlrtexas Member Posts: 8
    I have been told it is the 18th in the Accord forum...no details on rebates though.
  • Options
    bajangalbajangal Member Posts: 6
    I'm on the market for a 2005 Honda. I have never bought a car before and do not know what to expect when I go to the car dealership. I start a new job and will need to buy the car the first week of August. Can anyone offer ideas/strategies for buying?
  • Options
    So I got a flyer in the mail today, here is how it reads (scan/ocr):
    --------------------------------------------
    Here's your opportunity to save big at the annual Honda Clearance Event.

It's time for our yearly Clearance Event. So if you want a low price on a brand-new 2005 Honda, now's the time to check out our lineup. Perhaps you'll opt for a sleek new Civic Sedan or sporty Civic Coupe, both of which are a blast to drive and offer plenty of room for their lucky occupants. Into sports? Then you may want to get
    into the versatile Element, agile CR V or rugged Pilot. Or how about a new Accord? Every 2005 model now has front side airbags and side curtain airbags-standard. Or maybe the all-new, 255-hp Odyssey is more your style. Its been redesigned for 2005 and has more bells and whistles than ever before. Whichever Honda you're drawn to, come take advantage of great model-year-end savings at our Clearance Event. It's happening from July 18 through September 5. It only takes place once a year, and it will be over before you know it. So get to our dealership soon. Before your window of opportunity rolls away without you.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    So really no clues about the actual discounts or financing. Bummer.
  • Options
    Here is a question to all who received internet price quotes and went with it: Let's say you get a pretty good internet quote from a dealer and you decide to go see him to finalize the purchase. Has anyone negotiated from that internet quote to get an even lower price? How was your experience? Or do the internet salesmen say that this is their final offer and no counter offers?

Any responses appreciated.
  • Options
    who knows the price for civic lx during clearance. how much disaccount will be offered? $15200+tax+doc is the best offer in Indiana now or i can get pretty lower price during clearance?

i appreciate your responses :)
  • Options
    mosiemosie Member Posts: 3
    We are considering leasing two cars. Definitely a Pilot and maybe also an Accord or Civic. I know both of these are being restyled for 2006. I know often times people wait it out until right before the new ones come out to get good deals on purchasing the previous model year. Two questions...is it best to wait until right before the new ones arrive in order to get the incentives? Or is it best to wait until the new ones are actually there to get the old ones. Do those incentives then get shifted to the new models?

Also, when leasing, does it make a difference to wait until the new models? I know leasing involves a lot of depreciation calculations, so, even though the price of the old model goes down, would the lease really go down if suddenly it's already depriciated one year's worth?

Thanks for your advice :)
  • Options
    mike84mike84 Member Posts: 4
    I just got a 2005 Civic EX 2dr Std Black with Black Int. Full Aero Kit (ground effects), spoiler, dark tinted windows, chrome accents, 100,000 mile extended warranty for 19,200 also 2 full tanks of gas and 2 details (they filled it and detailed it again when I brought it back to have the aero kit put on) It seemed like a good price.
  • Options
    I was looking for one in Oklahoma, the dealer got a black one in and sold it the same day. The closest was in San Antonio and would have cost $500 extra to trailer it in. I settled for a black EX and added options and got the only ex standard in black in a five state area and they had to get it from a dealer 150 miles away.
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    The Civic coupe in black is a nice car. Was $19,200 inclusive of all taxes and fees? If so, then it seems like you got a good deal. If not, as long as you are happy with the price don't let anyone give you a hard time over it.
  • Options
    larzuslarzus Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote of 17440 OTD as well from Hendrick Honda on a EX SE Sedan. For a coupe it was 17671 OTD. Imagine the coupes may be a little more popular hence the slightly higher price. Both seemed pretty danr good compared to other quotes I got.

This was an "Internet only price" quote. I inquired about the year end clearance prices and was told the Internet quotes were below clearance.... Not too sure on that. Anyone have any thoughts or know something different on this?

Wife and I plan on going in and picking up a Coupe on the 22nd. Until then doing the research and thinking on if the standard EX would be better as it comes with Side airbags.
  • Options
    yeah, that was everything actually it was about 19138.00
  • Options
    is very vague about what exactly the clearance event prices are. I would assume that it means you can get a Civic well back of invoice. The deals should be about as good as they are going to get right now. The new 2006 Civic is around the corner so production has probably stopped on the 2005's. That means selection is only going to go downhill from here. If it's a price that's below invoice and you are happy with it then buy now before you are unable to find the car you want.
  • Options
    monistermonister Member Posts: 7
    hi ppl,

im looking to buy a 2005 honda civic lx coupe in rochester, ny and i was wondering how much i should expect to pay and if anyone has bought from any dealers in this area (80mile radius from 14623), who would u recommend ? this is my first car buying experience and im a bit nervous
    ive looked at the tmv prices but seeing at the model year is practically ending i feel the prices should be lower than the tmv

thanks
  • Options
    charmedboi82charmedboi82 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have any details on the Honda Graduate Financing program? How does this end up affecting the price paid? Can it be used in conjunction with the current low APR financing on 2005 Civics?

I live in the Central/Western Maryland region if that would make a difference.
  • Options
    infifaninfifan Member Posts: 1
    Picked up an LX Special edition(AT, 4dr) at Hendrick Honda, Woodbridge VA today. The price I got was $15076($1100 below invoice), and out the door price was $15893. We were looking for a commuter car with good mpg and had Civic in mind all along. But when I got to Hendrick, I got very tempted to buy an Accord LX, because it was being offered with an even better discount($18300 OTD), but wife wanted to stick with Civic. Even though Accord was a better value at that price, we thought the price we got on Civic was not bad too.
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 3
    Seems like there's no deal at all if that's all they have for the 05 clearance.

http://automobiles.honda.com/landing/2005_clearance.asp
  • Options
    This is crap really. So what is new with the clearance deal? The dealers are already giving almost the lowest prices in their internet quotes. I was expecting at least a low APR financing deal but no..
  • Options
    The Civic should serve you well. Though the Accord is more comfortable and has more features you did save $2300.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Does anyone have any details on the Honda Graduate Financing program? How does this end up affecting the price paid? Can it be used in conjunction with the current low APR financing on 2005 Civics?

I live in the Central/Western Maryland region if that would make a difference.

Honda's Graduate program basically offers the lowest advertized rate for a recent graduate who has no or minimal credit history, as long as there are no negatives, such as late payments, defaults, bankrupcies...

So, whatever price you negotiate, is the price you pay without any effect on the interest rate. Right now, there are no really good APR rates on the Civics. But Honda has done 1.9% for 60 months in the past. One thing to look out for is the dealer add on's. Some dealers may BS you into extended warranty, or GAP as conditions of the low APR. Honda does not require extended warranty, GAP, or anything elese to get low APR is you qualified for it. The best way to find out if you qualify, is to submit credit application onlien though AHFC. This would eliminate dealer's trickery.

Good luck.
  • Options
    dteskadteska Member Posts: 12
    This past weekend, we bought a new Magnesium Metallic Civic EX Sedan with automatic at Hidy Honda in Beavercreek, Ohio (just outside Dayton) for $1,000 under dealer invoice.

MSRP: 18,825
    Invoice: 17,247

Sale price: 16,247
    Tax 6.5%: 1,056
    Title & Fees 132
    OTD: 17,435

All negotiating was done over the internet with their "Internet Sales Manager", and our experience at the dealership was very straightforward and professional. So far, we are extremely happy with the car and would recommend this dealership.
  • Options
    akhtar1akhtar1 Member Posts: 22
    I am trying to get the best deal on CIVIC 2005 VP 4 Dr with automatic. So far the best I have gotten is $13425.00 OTD. Anybody else has any better info. Thanks
  • Options
    as the clearance is going on, does anyone get the price lower than 17800 at Indiana.

i appreciate any reply ;)