Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I think you might get even better deal if you emaled at least 10 dealerships and narrow them down.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Great price on the LX...better than South Florida. Wish they'd had the LX-S version back in '06. That's my choice, now...and then if it had been available.

The Sandman :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    apx43apx43 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your posting sdarling.

We just picked up an 09 Civic LX Sedan from Wittmeier Honda for the Special Internet price of $15,600. The OTD price was $17,377 (incl 9.25% CA sales tax + DMV fees). They gave this quote by email and stuck to the price and it was just a pleasant buying experience; we also financed half the car at 3.9% thru Honda Finance.

The other dealers(Roseville, University Honda, Davis) we contacted were not even close and University Honda even implied that we were lying to them. Carmichael Honda would not give us a quote, but claimed they would match any quote; we just told them don't bother !

BTW the Civic LX Coupe was offered to us also at $15,360. They did try to push the Honda care extended warranty, but backed off once we said no.
  • Options
    sweetysoniasweetysonia Member Posts: 7
    Hi All,
    I just picked up My 09 honda civic Lx,Coupe,Manual from El Cerrito. Honda
    Sale Price : $16,660 (Incl destinations)
    9.25 tax,dmv and stuff
    OTD $16,340
    This forums was really helpful. thanks to every one who posted their prices on the board
  • Options
    jukordsjukords Member Posts: 14
    Is this Automatic?

Very nice man.
  • Options
    dukedvldukedvl Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote that "could not be beat" today:

MSRP $22, 775
    Invoice $21,020

$20,127 (Offered Price Including Destination)
    $449 (Processing)
    $59.50 (DMV)
    $658.43 (Tax)

$21294 OTD

There are not too many post on here for EX with Nav (See a few EX-L w/ Nav) but from what I see here, it looks like I can do better than what I was offered. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    atlkep1atlkep1 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Yes, this was an automatic.

Keith
  • Options
    I got my LX-S auto sedan last saturday, May 30, for 18,554 OTD here in MD.
    Includes Protection package (splash guard, wheel locks and door protect).
    College park Honda also included in the package the Lifetime limited powertrain warranty.

I also did internet shopping and research so I think this is a fair price for now.

Paperwork and test drive done in 2hrs so I am satisfied :)
  • Options
    rigg419rigg419 Member Posts: 1
    My girlfriend just picked up her 4 Dr. EX Civic yesterday from Power Honda In Costa Mesa. Emailed several dealers through Edmunds, and Power matched another dealer's quote, which was great since they're down the street and the other dealer was like 30 miles away. Everybody at the dealer was very nice, and the buying experience was terrific.

MSRP: $20,775 (or thereabouts)
    Actual: $17,998 (including destination, dealer handling etc...)

+ Tax and DMV ~ $1900

= ~ 19,900

When you get the car out the door for less than the price on the sticker , I think you've got to be happy about the deal. :)

This site and the forum helped a lot in buying the car.
  • Options
    sdarlingsdarling Member Posts: 4
    Apex43, glad I could help. I just wanted to return the favor for the many other posts that helped me. I was hoping someone local could get the best deal for their new purchase by comparing to my price. Enjoy.....

Shawn
  • Options
    fourfourtwofourfourtwo Member Posts: 13
    What was the sale price again and the OTD price? Are the numbers you have right, or is there a misprint?

Thanks for replying.
  • Options
    sweetysoniasweetysonia Member Posts: 7
    Sale price was : $14,660 (Incl destination)
    OTD: $16,340
  • Options
    faykfayk Member Posts: 13
    My 28 yr old daughter was buying her first car. She test drove the Elantra, Mazda3, Corolla and Civic. Once she decided on a LX 4dr sedan AT (atomic blue pearl) - we emailed 13 dealers in a 60 mile radius of Richmond, VA asking for an OTD of $17,000.

We received offers from 11 dealers ranging from a low of $16,500 (Pohanka) to $17,500. After several conversations with the Internet salesperson (Ms.T.... G....) on 5-28/5-29, I was convinced this was a serious offer and was told by TG and her manager it was good until 6-1-09.

On 6-1-09 at 9:30 a.m., my daughter called Pohanka, spoke with TG and said the deal was a go. We would be there in an hour and requested the VIN to give to the insurance company.

After much paper shuffling, long pauses etc, my daughter was informed they didn't have the atomic blue in stock but Pohanka would be happy to sell her the LX-S in atomic blue - with an upcharge of course. Then she repeatedly pressured my daughter to buy another color. My daughter refused and asked if they could get her the color from another Pohanka dealership (and there are at least 3 others in the area) - there was a $385 transfer fee!

Finally TG stated that "several transports" were due in on Monday and the dealership supposedly had 7 atomic blue LX civics coming in within the next 1-2 days. My daughter offered to wait the 1-2 days as long as the $16,500 offer wasn't withdrawn. After much hemming/hawing, TG stated she "thought" the deal would hold.

I called TG, at 10:30 am asking about the status of the car. TG said she would speak to her manager and call me "right back." That was 36hrs ago and NO ONE from the dealership has yet to call back - despite three attempts by us to reach someone.

Promises, promises from a dealership who clearly only wanted to get my daughter in the door and then either "upsell" her or pull a bait/switch.

There are plenty of other dealerships in the area that are more upfront. Please beware of anything Pohanka tells you.

Please see the next post to read the happy ending. :mad:
  • Options
    faykfayk Member Posts: 13
    As stated in my earlier post, my daughter had an extremely negative interaction with Pohanka Honda of Fredericksburg. On 6-1-09, because my daughter sensed that the deal was slipping away with Pohanka, she began to contact several other dealerships in the Richmond area to see if they would negotiate a lower price closer to Pohanka's OTD of $16,500.

One of the dealerships she contacted was Colonial Honda in Chester, VA which had offered $17,000 OTD. She spoke with Ms. K... G.... of the Internet division and asked if there was any flexibility in the price. KG called back 5 min later and said her manager wouldn't budge.

Several hours later, KG called us back and asked if we had bought the car yet. KG said she had been pleading her case all day with the manager and he had finally agreed to come down to $16,900 OTD and the dealership had 3 atomic blue Civics for her to choose from.

We immediately hopped into the car and drove to the dealership. My daughter put down over 1/2 of the car in cash! Pohanka's loss - Colonial's gain. Approximately an hour and a half after walking in the door of Colonial Honda (and being treated like a queen), my daughter drove home her beautiful new atomic blue 4DR AT LX Civic.

Thanks to all those honest dealerships out there who make car buying a pleasure. Stick to their word, no pressure and a smile to make everything go easier. If you are looking for a Honda in the Richmond area, please consider Colonial Honda. :)
  • Options
    blahboyblahboy Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy something affordable and reliable like a Honda Civic or Toyota Camry. I don't really care about looks or cool features. I just want something that's reliable and gets me from A to B.

I want something cheap (maybe $2k-4k?), but not something I'll be paying for a bunch of repairs on.

What sort of miles should I be looking for to get a good price w/o having to put much repair/maintenance money into it for about a year? One friend told me 100k-150k. Any recommendations on other types of cars to consider?

Thanks!
  • Options
    tilton0674tilton0674 Member Posts: 3
    I have been getting the same price $19,500.+ Tax, + Document Fee. for EX-L 2 Dr. Coupe, Automatic in PA. Do Honda Dealers charge different Document Fees Amounts?
    I have been told by a Dealer, who I purchased over the years, 4 Honda's from, to bring in my other offers and they will match it, shouldn't they beat the competitors offer? Are accessory prices put on by Dealer negosible? Will they come down in price if I wait until the end of month/quarter?

Thank you for any advise on this matter.
  • Options
    My son is looking to purchase this Auto within the next 2 wks. The best price he received $19,499. +6%Tax, Document Fee + Tags. Does $20,865. seem like a good OTD Price? Do Dealers charge different Document Fees & is it negosible? Should he wait until the end of the Month & Quarter to buy for better pricing? Our family has bought from one particular dealer in our area approx. 4 Honda's, their price was higher, they said bring us a lower price and we will match it, I would think they should beat it. My son also wants to add some accessories to the Civic, are the prices on accessories also flexible?

Thank you for any advise you give us.
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    EVERYTHING is negotiable, especially dealer add-ons (accessories)!!!

Here are the figures for a 2009 Civic EX-L Automatic (using a PA Zip Code)-
    MSRP- $22,325
    Invoice- $20,607
    Edmunds TMV- $20,056 (which includes $1000 cash to dealer "marketing support")

The quote of $19,500 sounds like a very good deal...as long as there aren't any hidden fees or add-ons. If it's simply $19,500 plus sales tax and tag/title/registration fees, it's a GREAT DEAL!

What accessories (specifically) are you asking about? If it's an item or two you want added, you can use this as a bargaining tool. Take the offers to your regular dealer who will 'match' the price and tell him to match the price AND add a certain option or two free...or at a reduced price, at least.

FYI- they're also offering 3.9% APR for 60 months to qualified buyers...
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    Hi,

Which of the ff sites sell ginuine Honda Care EW backed by American Honda?

Saccucci, Bernardi, Curry or Hyannis Honda

Thanks
  • Options
    middleclassmiddleclass Member Posts: 7
    Just was quoted a internet price of 19,166+destination charge of 670=19,836 plus tax of 7% for the county I live in and applicable fee's which would be tag transfer of approximately 32.00.The area is central Florida approximately 25 miles from Tampa. has anybody got quotes from this area of the country if so is this in line or not for this area. Thanks for any responses....... P.S. I am also looking at the si sedan but no replys yet.
  • Options
    bostonbenbostonben Member Posts: 71
    I know Saccucci and Bernardi do. I haven't checked out the others.
  • Options
    vegashomesvegashomes Member Posts: 24
    What happened to this thread , no posts in 4 days?
  • Options
    familydadx4familydadx4 Member Posts: 26
    Just received a price of $18.9k good until the end of the month.
  • Options
    That seems like a good price to me. I purchased in PA last weekend, Civic Coupe EX-L Automatic, with Anti-Theft Device,Mud Guards and Wheel Locks for $19,700.00 includes Destination. I think I did OK on my price.
  • Options
    newtoherenewtohere Member Posts: 2
    I'm new to here and definitely need some help on my first brand new car purchase. I’ve been contacted several local Honda dealerships and no quote below $18,000 OTD. Since I saw a lot of great deal on this forum, just wonder if I should wait till the end of month and might be lucky to find a salesman willing to make a deal. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance for help!
  • Options
    ernst2ernst2 Member Posts: 3
    Just trying to get affirmation here that a 2009 Tango Red Civic EX-L Auto Trans Sedan at $20771.38 out the door is a good deal. The car has the protection package (wheel locks, trunk tray, mud flaps, and pinstripe) installed. Thanks.
  • Options
    kaiotes1kaiotes1 Member Posts: 9
    I just started looking for a civic at lx sedan.
    seems this 1000 marketing support offered to dealers have enabled them to give me quotes of $16,000 before ttl but including destination.

I'm curious as to what previous offers they have given in terms of when they offered 0% and i'm not sure if i should wait until the next round of incentives. Idealy i would prefer 0% and 16k, but i can only get 2.9% for 36 months at this time. Any chance they will continue the 1k and maybe lower the apr down to 0 come July 7th when they announce new incentives? Is there a site that tracks and archives such incentive info?

i'm in san jose, ca
  • Options
    Ernst2:

Depending on your state it could be a good deal. A better indicator is the price without TTL (taxes, tags, licensing). TTL is different in every state. What is that price?
  • Options
    ernst2ernst2 Member Posts: 3
    FamilydadX4,

The price was $19806.00. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    joshua2joshua2 Member Posts: 3
    we went to a HONDA dealer yesterday and they offered 17500 OTD for HONDA CIVIC COUPE LX(auto) ~~tax here is 6.25% , is this a good price ? thanks~~
  • Options
    joshua2joshua2 Member Posts: 3
    Does this car has tinted windows and pin striping? thanks~~
  • Options
    bryan200kbryan200k Member Posts: 64
    I signed the paperwork and picking up a new 2009 Civic LX-S for my daughter on Monday.

I initiated my contacts thru the Honda Quote feature, and negotiated by email and phone. Our local Honda dealer that I previously bought an Accord from, made me a better deal that I expected that I almost fell on the floor.

We weren't going to buy our daughter a car until next Spring, but with the 3.9 interest rate, ability to claim the state taxes on my 2009 Federal return, and the good price, I just couldn't pass it up. The Trim, color and accessories are just what she wanted.

Here are the details:
    2009 Civic LX-S Automatic
    MSRP=$18,855
    Invoice=$17,369
    Edmunds TMV = $17,568
    Add in the Honda Destination charge, Splashguards, Wheel locks, All-season floor mats (plus installation), and upgrade rearview mirror to the Auto Day/Night (plus installation), PA state tax of 6%, and Tags & Title.

Out The Door (OTD) was $18,407.

Plus we are getting the 3.9 percent financing for 60 months.

I am picking the car up Monday. Our daughter doesn't know yet. It's a surprise!
  • Options
    I just heard from one dealer here in SF Bay area.
    $15,777+TTL, 17.6K OTD for civic lx at sedan.
    Managed to get a couple of dealer to match it.
  • Options
    newtoherenewtohere Member Posts: 2
    I'm in DFW area and get an offer for Honda Civic Sdn auto $18,500 OTD. Which part of TX are you at?
  • Options
    xenopusxenopus Member Posts: 1
    A dealer near me has several '08 lx-at sedans remaining. Anyone here have some idea of a good price for such? I've been unable to find any current pricing info on '08s from the usual sources. Thanks
  • Options
    jjbarrett124jjbarrett124 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. First time buyer in need of some advice. I'm looking to buy a 2009 Civic EX 4 door automatic transmission in the Detroit Metro area. I've done the online inquiries and so far the best offer is $17,890 not including shipping, tax, tags, license, etc. Should I shoot a little lower? I was thinking I should be getting offers around this price INCLUDING all dealer fees. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    jjbarrett124jjbarrett124 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone purchased this option for their 2009 Civic? How much does it cost (or how much should I pay) and is it worth it? We just had a baby and I thought it would be a nice option for the Detroit winters.
  • Options
    crazyflycrazyfly Member Posts: 61
    Honda's annual cleareance starts in about month, if all can wait that long you may be able to get the price you want on the civic.
  • Options
    Ernst2:

A good price. I was offered $18900 for a manual trans a couple of weeks ago. You might knock a little bit off ($100-$300) but it will take some time and effort. I'd be more inclined to go for a couple of extras (pin striping, mud flaps, free oil changes, whatever). I suspect that will be easier than fighting for a little less money.

It's a nice car. Enjoy it. Three years from now you'll never remember what price you paid.
  • Options
    themacuserthemacuser Member Posts: 1

No Options

Quote: $18,234 This price includes Honda's destination charge but not dealer-installed accessories, sales tax, or licensing fees.

Is this good price please advise!

Thanks
  • Options
    Location, Marin Honda in Corde Madera in SF Bay area.

2009 Civic LX AT Sedan

MSRP=$18,925 (incl dest)
    Invoice=$17488
    Edmunds TMV = $16847

Was quoted (see few posts above) for 15777 (incl dest) or 17602 OTD. I got a dealer to go down to 17,550.

I decided to give the original sales guy the sale if he matched and he did.

Also got 2.9% for 36 months and got a warranty plan from Honda for 1,400 for 8yr/100k mi. I have 59 days to decide and get full refund. Any suggestions on the warranty plan?
  • Options
    hun011hun011 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, you got a very good deal.
    I am in Los Angeles and the lowest I found is $16,311 for a LX sedan AT. I may wait till next month.
    ;)
  • Options
    hun011hun011 Member Posts: 2
    You many want to check out the American Express Auto Purchasing Program. You may find good prices in your area.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I had a bunch of dealers in the bay area willing to sell them for 16k+TTL via the internet mgrs....
  • Options
    davepoddavepod Member Posts: 3
    Purchased Honda Civic LX Coupe Silver
    quoted 16800 gave 1800 trade
    OTD 15900
    Treated great there. Low pressure and took time to answer all my questions.
  • Options
    darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    Honda World Downey has given me a price of $ 16, 406. Has anyone gotten a better price in Southern california ?
  • Options
    hondajhondaj Member Posts: 9
    i have shopped almost the entire southern California region and there is only one dealership i would recommend: Keyes Honda in Woodland Hills. I have done 6 transactions with them, and their pricing and service always comes up on top. I deal directly with the sales manager per our good relationship as a repeat customer. Since I am unable to name names on the forum, e-mail me and I will give you more info if needed: jerryhong83@hotmail.com

Jerry aka Hondaj :P
  • Options
    sam151sam151 Member Posts: 1
    Location MN.

I received a Honda warranty for $900 with a 7yr/100K back in April on my 2009 Honda LX AT Sedan.

I paid a similar price for the vehicle of $17,500 OTD or just above $16K before taxes/license and fees.
  • Options
    thanks for the info. since i need to go get car detailed (for free) i'm going to need to do some haggling else i'm returning the pkg!! :)
  • Options
    I just did a google search
    i found the prices from this particular honda to be even cheaper than what you got.
    both of us got ripped
    7 yr 100k was listed at 860.
    8yr 100k is at $940
    College Hills Honda">link title

i'm definitely going to do some negotiation in person!!