Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• midtowneastmidtowneast Member Posts: 49
    I am do to pick up on 12/29/2009 a 2010 EX-L 4dr auto for 19784.00 plus tax, tags and 97.00 in processing fees. This dealer is near NYC in Westchester County. I will name the dealership once I get the car.
  • sas123sas123 Member Posts: 1
    Just read the last post - $19,784 for 2010 Civic EX-L. Just bought the same car today (w/o navigation) and think i might have paid too much.....dealer would only come down $300 off the $22,515 sticker price ($22,215). Added spoiler ($501) and upgraded wheels to 16" alloy ($1080). They threw in pinstriping for free : ). They setteled for $23,700.

Traded in a 1998 Civic EX coupe (loaded) w/173,000 miles. Good mechanically, but black paint faded and had a damaged hood and other scratches to body - $1,200 trade in given.

With trade in of $1,200, walked out paying $22,500 - any comments to help me sleep better tonight?
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    What's done is done. So focus on enjoying your new loaded Civic!
  • lucky15lucky15 Member Posts: 72
    You may want to try the (2010 Honda Civic prices paid) site, they have actual prices paid for the area you live in, you`ll find that in different areas of the country dealers prices varies, you may find that for your area, that particular car, the dealer is getting what you paid from everyone or you may find that you overpaid.
  • boatingboating Member Posts: 17
    Bought yesterday 2010 Civic LX 4Dr Auto trans for $16,700. (no dealer installed acc)+ 200 for doc fee. Price did not include state taxes, registration fees. I was able to get 1.9% finance rate for 4 yrs. No trade involved-straight sale.

I started emailing dealers two weeks ago and told them the purchase will be made on 12-28-09 to take advantage of any late month sales goals. I was also able to check dealer web site on inventory of Civic's available.

Rhode Island dealer involved.
    Today I picked up the 2010 civic EX-L from New Rochelle Honda in Lower Westchester. The deal was done with the sales manager his initials are JL and is on their website. The sales person was C P. This dealer was the only one in my area that would give this price. My first quote form them was for a leftover 2009 civic ex 4dr auto which was 17575 plus tax and tags. I went to the dealer on Sunday to look at that car and found out it did not have traction control. The sales person informed me that only the EX-L came with Traction control and they did not have any 2009s left. The sales person CP spoke to the sales manager JL and while I was leaving they offered me the price on the 2010 EX-L. I rejected the offer as my wife and I were not ready to commit at the time. I called the dealer the following day after no other dealer in the area could match the price. I went in on Monday to start the paper work. Everything went well and the only thing extra I purchased was a valet key no other pressure to purchase anything else.
  • marauder74marauder74 Member Posts: 2
    A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a 2010 Civic Ex Sedan w/ Navi from Metro Honda in Montclair, CA (via Costco Auto Buying Program). I was able to pick up the car with only 4 miles on the odometer. It was literally just dropped off the truck the previous day and had no dealer installed accessories. It was exactly what I was looking for - no more, no less. Interior was practically still covered in plastic! I was offered $500 under invoice. So the final price was about $20,200 (before state taxes, reg fees, doc fees, etc.). I managed to take advantage of the 1.9% financing for 60 months. Plus the manager (initials - CK) threw in a free sunshade custom fit for the Civic! Great experience overall. No pressure to purchase extras.
  • pcvsmacpcvsmac Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

For everyone who bought a Civic LX with alarm, does your alarm beep when you unlock the doors? Mine does not but beeps when I lock it. However, my friend's civic does beep when she unlock the doors.
    I am just wondering if different computer program or else.
  • jogousajogousa Member Posts: 402
    Check this link for programming the keyless entry.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4470692_program-honda-keyless-entry-remote.html
    PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOB):

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
    2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.

13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.

15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.
  • seaurchinseaurchin Member Posts: 57
    Hi there, so what did you end up paying for that 2010 Civic, without taxes and fees?

Also can you please list all the fees that you had to pay.

My brother bought his 06 Civic from these guys as well.
    I thought that some cars are sold BELOW the invoice.
    2010 LX with auto is listed at MSRP $18,405 and you got it for $15,999, can you please tell me how did you negotiate to get that price, it seems like an absolutely AMAZING deal.
  • twob4go10twob4go10 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought the 2010 Civic LX Auto out the door price for $18200.

Base price in the invoice was $16600+Doc Fee+6% CT Tax+$173 for new Plate.

Negotiated on the Out the Door price thru internet. CT Dealer was involved.

Internet Sales manager was little bit rude, I gave him a price of $17850 against his $18650 OTD. I forwarded his rude mail to the General Manager. General Manager agreed upon $18200 after few mail threads and the delivery was smooth. Got the 0.9% APR, but they tried to make the life miserable. Initially my wife applied for the finance and they told she got 2.9% and they called me back and I applied separately. Next day I found that she was also approved for 0.9% :mad: .
  • banshabansha Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm in the market for a civic lx and have learned alot from reading the postings from the past year. I've been keeping an eye on incentives and came across a recent incentive posted on Edmunds.
    From 1/5/2010 - 3/1/2010, there's a manufacturer to dealer marketing support of $650.

Details are available at http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/honda/civic/101209943/incentives.html.

Hope this helps.
    I think it all comes down to the fact that this Fall there will be a brand new 2011 Civic, its a complete redesign.
  • banshabansha Member Posts: 4
    That's possible. The incentive is higher than the one offered in early 2009. In reading the posts from 1/09 - 2/09, the incentive was $500. However, there was a $750-$1,000 incentive (depending on style) some time in 4/09 (as best I can figure out).
  • marksyrmarksyr Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I've learned so much from this forum that I wanted to give a little knowledge back...
    I just purchased a 2009 Civic 4Dr LX Automatic from a dealer in Syracuse, NY. It was a new car (2 miles on the odometer). My pricing was as follows:

MSRP $18,965
    Honda discount on 2009s - $750
    Negotiated discount - $2,015
    Net Price $16,200
    Application processing fee + $75
    NYS Sales Tax + $1,296
    NYS Inspection + $10
    Waste Tire Fee + $12
    TOTAL $17,593

I also got 1.9% financing. Obviously, it's a prior year car, but I think $2800 off sticker price isn't too bad.
    You did well....congrats and enjoy your new Honda!
    Sorry for the late reply I was not on Edmunds for a while. The 2010 Civic EX-L was 19,784.00. That price included destination.

Additional Fees
    10.00 NYS inspection
    12.50 NYS tire fee for new cars
    75.00 Doc Fees
    170.00 for NYS Title and Registration

all except for the Doc fee should be the same at all dealers in NYS.
  • 2010civic2010civic Member Posts: 7
    Does the 2010 exl come with fog lights, side molding, or window tints?
    Damn that's a grand below invoice, nice man. I got mine @ invoice had a feeling I could've gotten @ least another 500 off.
    Does the 2010 exl come with fog lights, side molding, or window tints?

The EX-L does not come with fog lights or window tints. The car has side moldings but they are low and useless. Fog lights are optional and I am sure the dealer can get window tinting.

The EX-L has Traction control while the EX does not. That was why I got the car.
    Thanks man, I got an exl too, I've been paranoid the last couple weeks. You've got a coupe or a sedan? According to the dealer the coupe doesn't have side moldings, but its got this design on the side that juts out like molding, so im trying to figure out if he's lying.
    I have a sedan.
    Is the sales tax included?
  • charles2528charles2528 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2010 Civic LX Coupe this past December for $16,795 (not including tax, license, and doc fees). This was at Rock Honda in Fontana, California.
    My price did not include the sales tax. Sales tax varies from state to state and county to county so it may not be a good measure of price.
  • hondafan69hondafan69 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Midtowneast,

Can you tell which tri-state honda dealer you got you EX-L from (what color)?

I got offer a much higher price today at a NJ dealership and I left exhausted and upset.

What was you true out of door price BTW, if you dont mind? : D

much thks in advance
    Someone keyed my car, I have no idea who it could've been. The scratch is not deep, but goes from the door handle to the bottom of the car. I'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible but have no idea how much it would cost, I'd appreciate any help you guys can give.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Hi guys, I'm trying to sell my red/blk 4 door civic with 7000 miles, any idea on how much I should ask for it? Is $14600 a good price? I live in central MASS.
    Thanks for any input.
    Hi Midtowneast,

Can you tell which tri-state honda dealer you got you EX-L from (what color)?

I got offer a much higher price today at a NJ dealership and I left exhausted and upset.

What was you true out of door price BTW, if you dont mind? : D

much thks in advance

The dealer was Honda of New Rochelle which is in lower Westchester. just above the Bronx.
    Color Gray or polished metal, they had all colors
    OTD was 21788.00
    The OTD price includes an additional valet key.

Good Luck I dealt with the sales manager JL check their website for his name.
  • sajimurasajimura Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for a 2010 LX-S for $18,047.92 (out the door price). It's a dealership in Cary, NC. Is this a good deal or should I try to haggle further?

Thanks,
    Sam.
  • sagard79sagard79 Member Posts: 2
    I got LX at $18000 (out the door price) (Northern Virginia) on 30th Dec 09 with Honda financing (0.9%/36month). I did this deal after getting quotes from 3 dealers and lot of negotiation. After all the negotiations and emails I am still not sure if I got the best price.
  • mpgseekermpgseeker Member Posts: 1
    Did I get a lemon? I bought a 2009 honda civic 4 door sedan in July 2009. The best mpg I've gotten is 34. In town I get 22 mpg and on the highway it's usually 28mpg. My 1995 honda civic did much better. What type of gas mileage are others getting? Is there anything that could be adjusted to improve the gas mileage?
  • lilvylilvy Member Posts: 5
    Hi

I got quote for $19322 OTD for this car
    is this a good price?
    first time buy experience

My big issue - all APR finance is 4.99% !! I can't get them to give me at least 1.99%

any advise??
    Check you credit report(s). 1.99 % financing (by Honda Finance perhaps) is normally offered only to perfect score customers.

Try to get your own financing (not through a dealer) because the dealer makes money, if they finance the car for you.

Credit unions normally have the best rates although not as low as 1.99%, which is normally only offered through car manufacturer's finance divisions. It's quite costly to manufacturers while they are trying to get rid of certain models.
    Hi Joqousa

My credit is around 700's
    is that good to perfect score?
    How am i going to get 1.99% through honda finance when the dealers keep saying 4.99% ? Please send me some guides

I've checked w/ credit union and the best out there now is 3.99%

thanks very much : )
  • crazyflycrazyfly Member Posts: 61
    You have a very good credit score, and is the reason you are getting 3.99 or 4.99% rate on the loan. The best of the best rate of 1.9% is difficult to get and is usually available with cr score of 800+.

My advice would be:
    (a) If you need the car now then get the 3.9% rate and re-finance the loan later when your cr score gets to around 800.
    (b) If you do not immediately need the car then wait a few months and improve the score and get the car/loan when 1.9% is available to you.

Keep in mind that honda is re designing the civic for 2011 and new shape will be available in sept this year. which means that the current model will do on deep discount in the annual honda clearance that starts in august. Even if your score doesn't get to be in 800s to qualify for the top most tier rate, you will save a bundle in the purchase price that will more than make up for that 2.0% point difference in the interest rate.
  • civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    You might see if you can get someone to tell you what the cutoff credit score is for top-tier financing. I suspect it might be a little lower than 800. I say this for two reasons:

(1) I am aware of buyers qualifying for Honda's 1.9% with credit scores under 800 (i.e. high 700's)

(2) I used to work as a business lease broker. In many cases, our customers began qualifying for the best rates with a credit score around 750. Granted, we're talking about a completely different industry. And, of course, there are other variables involved.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. The bottom line is you might not need to raise your credit score a full 100 points to get the best rate. Maybe someone else here can confirm or dispute that with some authority.
  • marauder74marauder74 Member Posts: 2
    My wife bought a 2010 Civic last month and secured 1.9% financing with a credit score of around 790. But that was during the "Honda Holidays" special which ended Jan. 4 (from what I remember). Is the 1.9% financing still available now?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    The 1.9% financing was for 36 months and it ended last month.

That's the problem. The car manufactures try to spur sales during slow times or when they have excess inventory by offering these low rates.

Then, people come to expect these rates to become "normal" rates when they aren't. A 3.99 rate is an excellent rate and I would jump all over it.
    I agree with the previous poster: 3.99% is a very good deal!

I also agree with an earlier post that these special rates, like 1.9% or even 0% financing are for Dealers to move excess inventory. Mind you these "teaser" rates are costly to manufacturers because they subsidize Dealers to move their inventory to make room for new models. Also it's a good advertising gimmick to bring customers to floor.

What I have done few times, I would let the dealer use "their" financing (they make some extra money that way) and then, 3 to 6 months later re-finance the loan with an outside bank or lender, like someone suggested earlier. But I doubt that there are any lenders out there that would go lower than 3.99% on a car loan.
  • jooliejoolie Member Posts: 1
    Is $16,665 a good price for an automatic sedan? (including destination charge but not including tax, title, and license). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • dd540dd540 Member Posts: 14
    I just bought an LX with auto for $16,550 ($15,840 + 710 dest.) + TTL. I got 3.99% for 60 months. There is $650 manufacturer to dealer cash in this market. My rate / financing was through Honda Finance. This weekend this dealership was advertising 3.75% for 60 months on Civics and Accords. They are really trying to move some inventory. They had acres of Civics, Accords, etc... The only car that they don't have in stock is the Fit. This dealership only gets about 15 a month and most are presold at sticker plus dealer add ons. I also test drove a Toyota Corolla LE auto and could have bought that for $16,400 + TTL with 2.9% for 60 months through Toyota Finance. For me, insurance is about 5% cheaper on the Civic than a Corrolla.
  • crazyflycrazyfly Member Posts: 61
    I got an email from the local honda dealer that Honda company is offering current honda owners a $1800 loyalty bonus towards the purchase of any new 2010 honda civic or accord. No trade-in is required. Per the email, the offer is valid from now through the end of this month.

Anyone in the market to buy a new vehicle in these days should checkout this offer and take advantage.
    I just want to share you a story that my husband and I had this afternoon at Honda of Stevens Creek (san jose, CA)

I've been negotiated pricing on LX-S 2010 Automatic Civic Sedan with this fleet manager named T. J. Singh, finally he agreed with the price of $18,800 in condition of cash only (all emails saved in my gmail account). So we made appointment to see him today at 2pm for the car -

When we there, first he took us to the car lot and show us an urban titanium color LX car, I told him it's the LX-S that we've been dealing via email. He then said "ohh I made a mistake, I thought I did on the LX", and then he started asking us about the loyalty program to see if we have any one in family own a Honda, he said that way it will help him to maintain the quoted price. I was like "what the heck! :mad: it wasn't on the quote, what 're you saying, you agreed for the price with cash and i'm here"

He brought over this Upper manager, this full of [non-permissible content removed] manager (I forgot his name) was like "sorry we can't do anything much", I was really pissed off "you quoted me the price and I'm here, you didn't required me to have anyone in family to own a Honda to be in Loyalty program, what you guys are doing, I'm really pissed off". The fat [non-permissible content removed] manager said "oh, i'm sorry that's you are pissed off, we do not want you to buy the car if you are so pissed off, we just want "happy" customers!" :sick:

This is so pathetic, it's my first time surfing for Honda car and these two bull [non-permissible content removed] guys really irresponsible. They obviously tried to get away with what they quoted by pissing me off, making me mad, and trying to push us away to the door

Is this how Honda dealer doing in your area? I'm done w/ Honda car and I won't ever stop by this dealer again. They are not committed to what they said and most of all, this is not how you do business. I didn't force them to give me the price.

my regret, I totally forgot this fat [non-permissible content removed] manager name. He's the fat white guy sitting at the long desk office on the left side of the building when you first walk in.

http://www.hondaofstevenscreek.com/dealership/staff.htm

Hopefully I'm the only one who got this bad service from Honda dealer!!! :cry:
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Sounds like a typical CA dealer. I'm from CA and that is one miserable marketplace. Not just Honda.

My suggestion is to ask others for a referral. Ask people you know or meet in a parking lot if they were happy with their experience.

It doesn't have to be a bad experience. There are good stores out there. Even in California.
  • leadtongueleadtongue Member Posts: 13
    What dealership was that? I havent heard any such offers here in nj.
    san jose, california
    Honda of Stevens Creek