Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    Just e-mail that dealer and ask for your own price quote for the car you want. Take that price quote to your preferred local dealer. Done.
  • kap13kap13 Member Posts: 9
    they want to see an invoice
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Dont have fax -- email would be easier (change your profile settings to show your email) so I know where to send it
    edited March 2011
    done and thanks a lot.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Sending -- you can hide your email again
  • krigkrig Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hi kap13,

I'm also located in Houston and looking to buy the same car. Could you please tell me the name of the dealer where you got the $17,500 OTD offer? So far, all the offers I got are around $18k OTD... Were you able to get him to lower the price further, and if so to how much? Thank you.

Krig
    I am still working on it to get to $17,000 OTD, if you really want this car why don't we get together and make offer for 2 cars, maybe he will be willing to sell it to us for that price.
  • ss_lass_la Member Posts: 2
    Hi I am getting finally Honda Civic EX OTD 20100.. (Without Nav) in LA.. does anyone know, how much Blue tooth costs? if i have to installed separately i mean , without navigation.. I didn't negotiate at the time of OTD price, so dealer is saying roughly $700.. and if out side, from where i can do reasearch or go to get it fixed?

Thanks!
  • juan114juan114 Member Posts: 3
    Can you send one to my email also? Thanks a lot!
  • gdaf123gdaf123 Member Posts: 4
    If you don't mind, please send that email to me as well. I would greatly appreciate it.
  • psychofanpsychofan Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    :) Got it for $16,700 OTD in Maryland this past week (3/24/11) :blush:

Great internet buying experience with Criswell Honda
  • jd13jd13 Member Posts: 1
    Any ideas on price on a 2011 civic with leather and nav in Birmingham , al ? Any dealers someone might suggest ? Thanks
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I don't have a particular dealer to recommend, but you may have a tough time finding the car you're wanting. I searched dealers in Birmingham and Atlanta and couldn't find a 2011 Civic EX-L Sedan w/ NAV. There are some EX-L sedans without NAV, but I couldn't find a single one with it. I'm not sure when they're planning to wrap up 2011 production with the 2012 Civic due any day now?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • embeedeeembeedee Member Posts: 5
    Jatan,
    I hate to be a joiner, but could you also send me a copy? I am trying to get a similar deal here. Thanks much.
  • late2ridelate2ride Member Posts: 3
    I'm thinking of getting a 1993 del sol. Will I have problems getting it serviced due to its age and parts availability?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    We only have one Del Sol discussion, but you could post there, and see who might be following that forum and have answers for you.
    You can find it here: 1995 Honda Civic Del Sol

IMO, service should be easy to get.. It shares a lot of mechanics with other Civics of that time period.. Certain Del Sol specific body/trim parts may be a little harder to find, but not impossible..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Mechanical parts are still plentiful because the engine/transmission and most major components were shared with other Civic models. The '93 del Sol came in two trim levels- S, which shared mechanicals with the Civic DX/LX and the Si, which had the engine/transmission from the Civic EX/Si.

I checked several sites and new body parts are also still readily available. For an 18-yr old vehicle, using a site such as car-part.com to locate used/recycled/salvage parts is also a viable option.

A bit of friendly advice- take the car for a test drive on a bumpy or rough road surface and see how badly the roof panel shakes/vibrates. That will also give you a feel for how "loose" the body structure is after 18 years on the road. I hate to say it, but structural rigidity/integrity was the del Sol's biggest problem area. Early models were prone to water leaks and constant squeaks and rattles.

The del Sol also weighs as much as 200lbs more than a 2-door or 3-door Civic, due to the weight of the removable roof and the added reinforcements in the body structure. So performance lags a bit behind similar Civic models, but they're still pretty quick. On the plus side, they're still Hondas from the early 90s, which means they're bullet-proof in terms of reliability!

If you decide against the del Sol, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking a look at the 1990-1991 CRX (the Si is the best of the best)! I've had several over the years and they've been more reliable and more FUN than anything else I've ever driven!
    A friend bought it new and has had it off the road for a couple years. It's not practical for her any longer and she can't afford keeping two vehicles on the road. It does have a minor roof leak however. Any thoughts on how difficult that would be to fix?
    Where is the leak located (along the front or rear seam of the roof panel?) and has it caused any significant rust that will be a problem later?

Just curious- is it an S or Si, what color and is it a 5-speed or automatic?

I would suggest joining a Honda enthusiast forum with a specific del Sol forum. Here's one to start with- http://www.hondaforums.com/

Replacing the weatherstripping with new from Honda is insanely expensive, but there are bound to be other ways to fix...

Are you planning to use this as your daily driver? Parking it in a garage?
  • autocarsautocars Member Posts: 2
    What's the best deal someone has got recently for 2011 Civic LX in SoCal (LA area)?
    I got quotes from a few dealers and so far the best quote I got is for 16.2k + Tax + TTL & Fees = 18.2K OTD.. Also, this does not include the Honda protection pkg (trunk tray, splash guards, etc.).. Is this a good deal? Or has someone recently (in March) gotten better deals in LA? If so, which dealer? Please reply at earliest convenience. THANKS MUCH!!!
  • windbaby2011windbaby2011 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote for LX @ $18,100 OTD price, which is the lowest price I got recently. But it's still too high for me. Is there anyone who can introduce a good dealer or dealership for me? I'm in bay area, CA. Thanks
    I think the leak is on the front passenger side. Haven't seen it yet but I don't think it's leaking much. The car is a 5 speed manual with a recently replaced clutch. Has about 135K on it. I'll likely only put about $4k miles/year on it since I'm a 4 season motorcycle rider. The best part is she offered to give me the car free. Nice lady!
  • pawninchesspawninchess Member Posts: 7
    Hey kap13, I am actually also interested in this car. I will move to Houston next week or so. Maybe we can work out some kind of group purchase thing. What do you think? Right now, the lowest OTD quote I got is ~$18000. I tried several dealership. They total price are strikingly similar.
  • huggiessupremehuggiessupreme Member Posts: 1
    truecar.com has it for 1950 below invoice at keyes honda in woodland hills
    Hi,
    I got mine this weekend for $17,750 drive out as it was the last day of the month. I waited for your reply, but I have told my sales guy that I want another one and if he could give at the same price and he said yes. Mine came with tint and stain paint protection(which a lot of dealers charge around $600 extra). I did not buy any other additional package. Let me know when you move to Houston and we can work a deal for you too.
  • brossardbrossard Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I got my Honda Civic LX OTD price for $17.5K ($15.9K plus taxes, licenses and fees) at Honda at Thousand Oaks. I have compared quotes between 6 dealers before purchasing.
    Congratulations! Thank you a lot for the information, although I think you might have mistaken me with krig.

It is very typical for the dealer to throw in some unneeded accessories last minute to boost up the price. I had that a lot 2 years ago when I was buying a CRV for my wife. They never told you in the email until you go to the dealership and show the interest of buying. I think it is unavoidable. Anyway, I think that is a very good price. You totally should enjoy the new car now.

By the way, do you mind showing your email so we may talk in private? Any one know how to send private message in this forum?
    Done
    Hi Kap13,

thanks a lot. However, I still couldn't see it in your profile. Maybe it requires a couple days to update? Anyway, I have also made my email visible. So feel free to drop me a note if you could see my address.
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2011
    Signed for this deal this evening.

2011 Honda Civic LX-S in Polished Metal
    36 Month Lease
    12,000 Miles a year

MSRP $19,905
    Negotiated Selling Price: $16,866
    Lease Acquisition Fee: $595
    Doc Fee: $210
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $17,671
    TTL: $675 paid cash upfront

Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: .00047
    $0 First Payment, $0 Security Deposit, $0 Down.
    Monthly Payment: $178.45
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    What price should I expect for a Civic coupe EX-L, auto w/navi with an MSRP of $24,705? Under $19K? in the Baltimore area?
  • dlgibesondlgibeson Member Posts: 2
    where did you buy at in nor cal? maybe send me a copy of your invoice
  • cap1919cap1919 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Kap13:

This is the first time I am on this forum. could not see your price but read all postings for 2011 Civic LX and thought that next month when new civic should come in I can get an LX for $16,500 or a tad bid more.

Am I off or on track. If not can you help so that I can go out a buy one. Thanks a lot.

CP1818
    I got mine for $17,750 Drive out price. They will match the invoice from someone else only if the purchase was made in your area. I was working for mine with different delaership since december and nobody would would go under $18,000 OTD. I also have tint and stain paint included in my driveout price. The price for the 2011 civic LX in Houston area is anywhere from $18,000 to $18,500 without the tint and stain paint.
  • embeedeeembeedee Member Posts: 5
    After first reading jatan's post and then psychofan's post, I also got a Civic LX Sedan Auotmatic from Criswell Honda for $16,700. I had to drive to get it, but $1500 cheaper than anything local. Also, got 0.9% financing for 60 months.

Thanks for all the help, folks!
  • wbr99wbr99 Member Posts: 51
    I am in the market for a used 2006 or later Civic LX Sedan (if I can get it for under 12k) or a new 2011 or 12 LX Sedan if I can get it for $15k +TTL.

We went to Honda of Dulles in Sterling, VA. The '12 model we drove wasn't inspected yet so the radio etc weren't working and we weren't allowed to drive out of the lot. But from the brief minute or two that I drove the car it was really smooth compared to '11 LX. It's been a while since I've driven a Civic, but the '11 we drove was a bit rough. I used to own a '93 Civic coupe until '08 when I had to get rid of it, but I remember my car being a bit smoother than the '11.

The dash is completely changed and the guy was talking a lot about the ECON button which comes standard on the base LX. He said that when the ECON button is engaged, the car doesn't have the same amount of acceleration and that the AC won't work as hard as when the button is turned off, which in turn improves milage. Another thing on Multi-function Display, there are blue lines on either side of the speed display that turns green or red based on how hard you are pushing the car as another indicator of your fuel economy.

According to the stickers on the '11 and '12, the '12 gives 3 miles more than the '11 for both city and highway. The guy we dealth with said the MSRP of the '12 was only $100 more that the '11 but that the '12 won't be discounted at all. We told him that his competition was offering $15.2 K +TTL for an '11 according to zag and he said to go there instead of buying from here since he would be hard pressed to go under high 16k.

Hope this helps others.
  • vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Got an offer today to buy a 2012 Civic LX automatic for $19000.00 plus tax title in Gurnee, IL. Is it a good Deal?
    edited April 2011
    Not sure vagabondchef. I'm hunting for a good deal myself and don't know what the best price for a '12 is.

The dealer said they are not discounting the '12 at all and that we are expected to pay full price. His explanation was about the parts shortage due to the transmissions coming from Japan and the plants shutdown due to the quake. He said if he discounts the 12s, then he'll have an empty lot come June or when ever ever he runs out of inventory.

The thing I don't get is, if they don't discount people might just go to another local or foreign manufacturer or just another Honda dealer. If they do discount, they will run out of stock. Not sure what they are trying to do here.

With the '11 not being made anymore, sooner or later they will run out of the 11s. Then what are they gonna do, act like they are Saturn or CarMax and start advertising No Haggle (Full MSRP) Pricing!!! They can kiss their customers good bye at that point.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    You're kidding, right? Outrageous price for a car that's no better than the others in the compact field. Wait awhile to buy & things will change no doubt and just remember, the Civic is no longer at the top of the heap...there are better cars with higher mileage & longer warranties! Never rush into a car purchase if the price isn't right. Just remember, Honda can ask whatever they want...no one forces folks to buy at their crazy prices!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• lucrativemathlucrativemath Member Posts: 1
    On April 16th, 2011 I purchased a 2011 Civic EX Coupe (A/T) with 26 miles on the odometer.

MSRP $21,105
    Invoice $19,540
    I paid $18,228 (including dest.) + TTL

I did qualify for the 0.9% financing through Honda Financial and they let me add $2,000 negative equity from my trade in to the loan. After tax, licence, gap insurance ($600), and negative equity I was out of there for about $23k.

The experience was rather pleasant and I believe I got a great deal on the car. I wish I would have been able to get a little more for the trade in, but it was a full sized pick up truck with a 5.3 liter V8 with damage to the fender so I can understand not being able to get my payoff for it.

If anyone is interested, I bought the car at Spreen Honda in Loma Limda, CA. I would go there again and I would recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a Honda.
    I read this article about Drum versus disc brakes

http://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/brakes-drum-vs-disc.html

Is upgrading to the EX from the LX worth the price of the disc brakes on the rear wheels ? I don't really care about the 60/40 spilt of the rear seats or the heated seats or blue tooth or moon roof. What do you guys think ?

Thanks for your help
  • monkeygodmonkeygod Member Posts: 7
    Hey Karp,

I was reading your posts here and I am looking for a Civic LX OTD of under 18k. From talking to the dealer, the Civic probably have the best incentives right now. I was looking at both the Civic and the Fit but no luck on the Fit. Since I am in Houston I was wondering what dealer did you get your Civic from for that price. I don't really need tinting and the fabric add-on but hey if it's included in that price then why not. Thanks in advance.
    Is upgrading to the EX from the LX worth the price of the disc brakes on the rear wheels ?

No.. not worth it.. If the other options aren't important to you, then I certainly wouldn't pay the difference just to get rear discs...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jymhuffjymhuff Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    Got to the bottom dollar with incentives. I paid 17900+T/T. I have a friend who manages a dealership so I got to see the real cost of breaking even. $18700 is the cost of recoup for a dealership on an EX trim model. with $1000 in incentives toward 2011 until end of April, I was able to get it super low, no money down, 0.9% and my payment is at $323 out the door for 60 months.

Just test drove a 2012 EX-L today. I love the exterior, BUT I didn't love the newinterior i-MID display. It was very "Prius-ish" and distracting. The sun glared on the black speedometer display vs. the blue backlit 8th gen display you can see fine. There is a serious lack of compartments in the 2012 and the buttons and menus for everything are just annoying. I did like the perceived roominess, and it did seem quieter than the 8th gen, but there are worse blind spots and the rear window seems seriously tighter than the 8th gen.

Here's the deal on these. They are still building 2011's until mid-summer AND the parts are easier for the lines to keep up with. The 2012's are going to be in scarcer supply as the plants have leaned production schedules until May 9th. The incentives run out in a week, and the 2011 will be on firesale shortly after Memorial Day, but not below the Low price y'know. The 2012's won't have wiggle room until the mid-summer/fall, when the 2012 CR-V's hit and they are next hot item. The dealerships can't make crazy deals on the new until they market and clear their inventory on the 2011's first, and they are still receiving 2011's for a while into the future.
  • linderdukelinderduke Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to deal on a 2011 Civic LX at Brookdale Honda. So far they are saying $18,845.36 OTD. Has anyone found a better deal in Minnesota?
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the feedback kyfdx.

I am being offered

2011 - Civic LX : $14,743.65
    2012 - Civic LX : $17,855.00

from a dealership in Maryland. Is the price difference worth going for the 2012.

The extra 3 mpg on the '12 is tempting. But the $3000 I save can get me 750 gallons of gas at $4 a gallon or 600 gallons of gas at $5 a gallon if the price hits the roof. 600-750 gallons could take me (at 30 mpg worst case scenario) 18000-22500 miles. The USB audio interface, and the multi-function display and the new look are nice to haves but i hate the look of the stereo on the '12.

Also is the ECON button worth it in the '12.

Thanks in advance.
  • jymhuffjymhuff Member Posts: 2
    The ECON button in my understanding is the only way you maximize MPG estimates for a 2012, which regulate everything from speed to A/C output. The 2012's will be worth more as the previous model depreciates
    edited April 2011
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

I called Liberty Mutual to get an estimate of insurance for the 2011 LX 4 door automatic. They said comprehensive is going to cost me $30 per year more than what I am paying for comprehensive coverage of my 2011 Acura Base MDX. The agent himself was puzzled and checked with his manager. Apparently since the Civic is high on the stolen cars list, it is more expensive to insure than my MDX.

I checked online and all the stolen civics are from the 90s. This is ridiculous.
  • csellcsell Member Posts: 1
    Vagabonndchef
    Did you check to see what price you could get the 2022 civic LX automatic? I am from northern il also and interested in the 2011
    SUVs are cheap to insure.... econo-boxes are expensive...

You could substitute any two cars that fit those categories, and get the same result..

I'm guessing it has something to do with demographics...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator