Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tpbctpbc Posts: 13
    what is the penalty if you exceed the 12k mileage and/or can you negotiate more than 12k per year?
    Do you have the right to purchase the vehicle after the 36 month lease at the $11,583 residual price?
  • 1) .15 per mile
    2) could puchase extra miles up front, but I don't know cost as didn't research (I average under 9k annual)
    3) yes, have right to purchase at that price.
  • bobandusbobandus Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Got a quote for a 2011 Civic EX Coupe Automatic for $17,100 (destination included) + tax & license. Is this good? I live in NorCal
  • Wow, $17,100 seems like a great deal for an EX (the best deals for LXs look like $15500-16000 and another 1k for an EX seems reasonable).

What dealership was this from?
  • bobandusbobandus Posts: 2
    turns out the dealership was lying to me on the phone and because when i came in they refused to sell it to me for that price so i left. i then went to livermore honda and after all was said and done i got it at Livermore Honda for 17,300 +TTL.
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Just picked up a new 2011 Civic LX auto sedan earlier today -- black w/ gray int, 10 miles on the odo, comes with floor mats and full tank of gas from Honda so that was nice

Bought it from the online sales dept at Carr's Honda in Chicago
    MSRP was $19,305 with dest fee
    I paid $14,795 + Chicago tax/title/doc = $16541 OTD (paid some of it upfront and financed the rest at 0.9%)

Last Friday I requested online quotes from a dozen Chicago area dealers, most of them responded with offers of $15,775 or more with the dest fee. Carr's online sales manager said $14,795 but didnt mention if it included the dest fee or not. I replied to the email on Monday asking about the dest fee and also tax/title/doc fee. The sales mgr told me it'll be $16,866 OTD (which would make the car's price ~$15,100). I replied back on Tues night saying that the numbers dont add up using the $14,795 price from last week. Wednesday morning he replied back saying that he'll honor the lower price if I bought the car by Thurs (today)

After looking at the bad online reviews for Carr's, I didnt want to buy the car from there (I assumed that they would add other things in there or that they would put up a fight with the price) but I decided to go there anyways since the next lowest quote was $1,000 more. It turned out to be the best car buying experience I ever had since we agreed on the price by email, I didnt have to deal with the pushy sales people on the floor. The only problem I had was that the finance mgr had the paperwork for the 16,866 OTD price so I showed him the email with the lower price that we agreed on, he talked to the sales mgr to confirm since he wasnt told about it and then came back and updated the paperwork to the correct amount (he fixed it right away so it wasnt that big of a deal to me), other than that everything went smoothly and I'm very happy with the purchase

Will add the car to my insurance tomorrow -- I went ahead and ordered the rear cup holders and the rubber trunk mat from eBay, will look into other accessories over the weekend when I have some more time
  • Jatan, u got the same deal I had back in December. Did you see my post? I like the internet
    salesguy from Carrs. Ludovic is really nice.
    Yea I remember seeing Carr's 16.5k OTD price earlier in the thread which was the price I wanted but didnt think I would be able to get it now since that was a few months back, was expecting to pay at least 17k OTD now that its March and gas prices are up

According to alex the last Civic they sold was earlier in the week so I guess they wanted the sale to keep their numbers up, either way I'm happy
  • I just wanted to thank you again for the information and support. Tonight I ended up getting a 2011 Civic LX for $17,300 OTD after taxes, reg fees from Elk Grove Honda.

Really appreciate everything and good luck to others in the hunt for a good deal.
  • kap13kap13 Posts: 9
    edited March 2011
    I am looking for a Honda Civic Sedan LX and the best price drive out they offered me is $17,500 including everything in Houston TX. I told them about your deal and they want some information so they can match it for me. Can you help me? If it is possible to fax them your invoice with all your personal information black out.
  • ss_lass_la Posts: 2
    Hi I am looking for Civc EX new car in LA (so cal area).. i have got the quote with 18000(incl. destination & handling) + TTL.. which is OTD as 20160.. Can anyone tell me, is it good price? also can anyone guide, (1st time buyer), what to keep in mind to deal with dealers & paperwork? Thanks.
  • hk52hk52 Posts: 1
    we just bought our new Honda Civic LX + all season floor mats + Auto Day/Night Mirror with Compass with 16700(incl. destination & handling) + TTL
    We knew it may not be the be best deal but should not be a bad one,either.
    BTW, we are in Milwaukee WI area.
    Jatan, can you fax my dealership your invoice they are ready to match the price.
    Bakalao2k,

Can you help me with this deal?
  • vortix1vortix1 Posts: 20
    Just e-mail that dealer and ask for your own price quote for the car you want. Take that price quote to your preferred local dealer. Done.
    they want to see an invoice
    Dont have fax -- email would be easier (change your profile settings to show your email) so I know where to send it
    edited March 2011
    done and thanks a lot.
    Sending -- you can hide your email again
  • krigkrig Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hi kap13,

I'm also located in Houston and looking to buy the same car. Could you please tell me the name of the dealer where you got the $17,500 OTD offer? So far, all the offers I got are around $18k OTD... Were you able to get him to lower the price further, and if so to how much? Thank you.

Krig
    I am still working on it to get to $17,000 OTD, if you really want this car why don't we get together and make offer for 2 cars, maybe he will be willing to sell it to us for that price.
  • ss_lass_la Posts: 2
    Hi I am getting finally Honda Civic EX OTD 20100.. (Without Nav) in LA.. does anyone know, how much Blue tooth costs? if i have to installed separately i mean , without navigation.. I didn't negotiate at the time of OTD price, so dealer is saying roughly $700.. and if out side, from where i can do reasearch or go to get it fixed?

Thanks!
  • juan114juan114 Posts: 3
    Can you send one to my email also? Thanks a lot!
  • gdaf123gdaf123 Posts: 4
    If you don't mind, please send that email to me as well. I would greatly appreciate it.
  • psychofanpsychofan Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    :) Got it for $16,700 OTD in Maryland this past week (3/24/11) :blush:

Great internet buying experience with Criswell Honda
  • jd13jd13 Posts: 1
    Any ideas on price on a 2011 civic with leather and nav in Birmingham , al ? Any dealers someone might suggest ? Thanks
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 797
    I don't have a particular dealer to recommend, but you may have a tough time finding the car you're wanting. I searched dealers in Birmingham and Atlanta and couldn't find a 2011 Civic EX-L Sedan w/ NAV. There are some EX-L sedans without NAV, but I couldn't find a single one with it. I'm not sure when they're planning to wrap up 2011 production with the 2012 Civic due any day now?
  • embeedeeembeedee Posts: 5
    Jatan,
    I hate to be a joiner, but could you also send me a copy? I am trying to get a similar deal here. Thanks much.
  • I'm thinking of getting a 1993 del sol. Will I have problems getting it serviced due to its age and parts availability?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    We only have one Del Sol discussion, but you could post there, and see who might be following that forum and have answers for you.
    You can find it here: 1995 Honda Civic Del Sol

IMO, service should be easy to get.. It shares a lot of mechanics with other Civics of that time period.. Certain Del Sol specific body/trim parts may be a little harder to find, but not impossible..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs