Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kap13kap13 Posts: 9
    I am still working on it to get to $17,000 OTD, if you really want this car why don't we get together and make offer for 2 cars, maybe he will be willing to sell it to us for that price.
  • ss_lass_la Posts: 2
    Hi I am getting finally Honda Civic EX OTD 20100.. (Without Nav) in LA.. does anyone know, how much Blue tooth costs? if i have to installed separately i mean , without navigation.. I didn't negotiate at the time of OTD price, so dealer is saying roughly $700.. and if out side, from where i can do reasearch or go to get it fixed?

Thanks!
  • juan114juan114 Posts: 3
    Can you send one to my email also? Thanks a lot!
  • gdaf123gdaf123 Posts: 4
    If you don't mind, please send that email to me as well. I would greatly appreciate it.
  • psychofanpsychofan Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    :) Got it for $16,700 OTD in Maryland this past week (3/24/11) :blush:

Great internet buying experience with Criswell Honda
  • jd13jd13 Posts: 1
    Any ideas on price on a 2011 civic with leather and nav in Birmingham , al ? Any dealers someone might suggest ? Thanks
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    I don't have a particular dealer to recommend, but you may have a tough time finding the car you're wanting. I searched dealers in Birmingham and Atlanta and couldn't find a 2011 Civic EX-L Sedan w/ NAV. There are some EX-L sedans without NAV, but I couldn't find a single one with it. I'm not sure when they're planning to wrap up 2011 production with the 2012 Civic due any day now?
  • embeedeeembeedee Posts: 5
    Jatan,
    I hate to be a joiner, but could you also send me a copy? I am trying to get a similar deal here. Thanks much.
  • I'm thinking of getting a 1993 del sol. Will I have problems getting it serviced due to its age and parts availability?
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856
    We only have one Del Sol discussion, but you could post there, and see who might be following that forum and have answers for you.
    You can find it here: 1995 Honda Civic Del Sol

IMO, service should be easy to get.. It shares a lot of mechanics with other Civics of that time period.. Certain Del Sol specific body/trim parts may be a little harder to find, but not impossible..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Mechanical parts are still plentiful because the engine/transmission and most major components were shared with other Civic models. The '93 del Sol came in two trim levels- S, which shared mechanicals with the Civic DX/LX and the Si, which had the engine/transmission from the Civic EX/Si.

I checked several sites and new body parts are also still readily available. For an 18-yr old vehicle, using a site such as car-part.com to locate used/recycled/salvage parts is also a viable option.

A bit of friendly advice- take the car for a test drive on a bumpy or rough road surface and see how badly the roof panel shakes/vibrates. That will also give you a feel for how "loose" the body structure is after 18 years on the road. I hate to say it, but structural rigidity/integrity was the del Sol's biggest problem area. Early models were prone to water leaks and constant squeaks and rattles.

The del Sol also weighs as much as 200lbs more than a 2-door or 3-door Civic, due to the weight of the removable roof and the added reinforcements in the body structure. So performance lags a bit behind similar Civic models, but they're still pretty quick. On the plus side, they're still Hondas from the early 90s, which means they're bullet-proof in terms of reliability!

If you decide against the del Sol, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking a look at the 1990-1991 CRX (the Si is the best of the best)! I've had several over the years and they've been more reliable and more FUN than anything else I've ever driven!
  • A friend bought it new and has had it off the road for a couple years. It's not practical for her any longer and she can't afford keeping two vehicles on the road. It does have a minor roof leak however. Any thoughts on how difficult that would be to fix?
    Where is the leak located (along the front or rear seam of the roof panel?) and has it caused any significant rust that will be a problem later?

Just curious- is it an S or Si, what color and is it a 5-speed or automatic?

I would suggest joining a Honda enthusiast forum with a specific del Sol forum. Here's one to start with- http://www.hondaforums.com/

Replacing the weatherstripping with new from Honda is insanely expensive, but there are bound to be other ways to fix...

Are you planning to use this as your daily driver? Parking it in a garage?
  • autocarsautocars Posts: 2
    What's the best deal someone has got recently for 2011 Civic LX in SoCal (LA area)?
    I got quotes from a few dealers and so far the best quote I got is for 16.2k + Tax + TTL & Fees = 18.2K OTD.. Also, this does not include the Honda protection pkg (trunk tray, splash guards, etc.).. Is this a good deal? Or has someone recently (in March) gotten better deals in LA? If so, which dealer? Please reply at earliest convenience. THANKS MUCH!!!
  • I just got a quote for LX @ $18,100 OTD price, which is the lowest price I got recently. But it's still too high for me. Is there anyone who can introduce a good dealer or dealership for me? I'm in bay area, CA. Thanks
  • I think the leak is on the front passenger side. Haven't seen it yet but I don't think it's leaking much. The car is a 5 speed manual with a recently replaced clutch. Has about 135K on it. I'll likely only put about $4k miles/year on it since I'm a 4 season motorcycle rider. The best part is she offered to give me the car free. Nice lady!
  • Hey kap13, I am actually also interested in this car. I will move to Houston next week or so. Maybe we can work out some kind of group purchase thing. What do you think? Right now, the lowest OTD quote I got is ~$18000. I tried several dealership. They total price are strikingly similar.
  • truecar.com has it for 1950 below invoice at keyes honda in woodland hills
  • kap13kap13 Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I got mine this weekend for $17,750 drive out as it was the last day of the month. I waited for your reply, but I have told my sales guy that I want another one and if he could give at the same price and he said yes. Mine came with tint and stain paint protection(which a lot of dealers charge around $600 extra). I did not buy any other additional package. Let me know when you move to Houston and we can work a deal for you too.
  • brossardbrossard Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I got my Honda Civic LX OTD price for $17.5K ($15.9K plus taxes, licenses and fees) at Honda at Thousand Oaks. I have compared quotes between 6 dealers before purchasing.