Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Mercury Mountaineer 2005 and earlier

Comments

• gregb882gregb882 Member Posts: 75
    Thanks for your comments. I, too, am happy with my 02 Explorer, but it only has 7300 miles on it.
  • wilsonze1wilsonze1 Member Posts: 8
    I admit that the dealer might have more power but they did swap the original vehicle and is trying to get this swapped but I do not want another FORD. They also said to call of the escalation numbers so I call the 800 number for Mountaineer in Detroit and what a waste. Pleasant lady but I asked what they do with these registered complaints. She said they would notify my dealer and a couple of departments track the calls there. Whew! Do I feel like I got the message to someone that cares and is going to take action? Their East Coast representative hasn't called me back once so who needs FORD. The problem is that no one has been killed yet if I look at how recalls work. The 2000 Mustang emergency brake problem, jeeps transmission, Explorer/Freestone, Pinto gas tank.
  • tomsrtomsr Member Posts: 325
    I have driven Acuras for years and am used to 99%
    trouble free cars but I have an itching for an SUV
    and my son is the new car prep guy at Ford.He can get me any Explorer for well under invoice.
    Should I reconsider?I wanted to upgrade to the next level car but somehow Ford does not seem that.If I won the lottery I would get the MDX.
  • joeadpjoeadp Member Posts: 68
    I purchased the mountaineer 2002 one month ago.
    I was skeptical but an under invoice deal hooked me in.

The truck has exceeded my expectations.
    Love having the V8 and third row seat.

This is my first american car in over 12 years.

My other two cars an mercedes E class and boxster sit idle because I actually enjoy the space in the mountaineer.

Best of luck with your choice.

By the way I considered the MDX but was turned off about paying over list.

I have never paid over list for a car and did not see the value in doing so for the MDX.
  • twoof1twoof1 Member Posts: 308
    I will echo what joeadp has stated. I have not owned a domestic car in over 20 years. Two month's ago I bought a V8 Mountaineer. The price and 0% financing where great. I was sick and tired of the Vovlo wagons we had been driving over the last couple of years. I also drive a 3 series and Z3 BMW.
    So far the Mountaineer has exceeded all my expectations. It is comfortable, quiet, roomy, solid and powerful. There is no comparison between the older model and this new one. It actually handles good for an SUV. So far I have not had any problems with the truck (I only have 2,000 miles on it). I also shopped for the MDX but found the dealers arrogance and outrageous above sticker pricing too much to swallow. Besides the one thing that really bugged me about the MDX was the lack of sound proofing and the extreme road and wind noise that intruded into the cabin.
    Good luck, let us know what you decide.
    You have been posting your same diatribe over many of the Ford related SUV boards on this forum. In the Aviator forum you posted:

"I suggest looking at anything but Ford products and I have spent close to 3/4 of million on them over the years."

At an average price of $30,000.00 that equates to you having purchased 25,000 cars "over the years"

hmmmmm.... what's that smell?
  • jrc346jrc346 Member Posts: 337
    Twoof- Could you mean a more reasonable 25 cars that wilsonze1 has purchased over the years? ;-)As for you wilsonze1 I symphathize for you and your Mountaneer troubles. However I also feel that you have said your piece. Is this how your drain your frustrations? At least the car is still in waranty and you still can get your money back. Its just not right to bash all Fords and Mercurys. Heck it could be your dealer for all I/you know with some of these problems. I have had problems with Ford vehicles but not as many as you have to claim on just the one vehicle. Whatever the outcome the best of luck with ALL your car troubles.
  • karzzkarzz Member Posts: 151
    The the new Explorer keeps getting awards:

First it was ranked highest by Consumer Reports,

then Best Family SUV by MotorWeek:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=11066

now best winter vehicle (I guess there is an award for everything!)

http://media.ford.com/products/press_article_display.cfm?article_id=11088&vehicle_id=239&make_id=0
    must have been my brain frying.
    my bad.
    There is no doubt that the folks writing and responding favor Ford products as I have for many years considering I still have my first 1984 SVO, 2000 Saleen supercharged convertible and 2001 Explorer Sport.
    I traded my Cadillac Escalade for the Mountaineer because like the enthusiast on the Lincoln Navigator chat section I like the looks inside and out, size, power, new suspension and since I have two children the side impact bags. I have had four Explorers previously starting with the first year where the crank moon roof was called back because it flew out. I seem to purchase a car a year or sometimes one every other year.

If you read the reviews on this site it even noted that the Mountaineer had a vibration at 60 to 70 and the explorer did not. I am sure there are some that work better than others but the fact is these new transmissions are not as smooth as the previous ones and flutter shift or kind of clunk shift sporadically.
    The government web site has many complaints and I have several folks in the Ford organization agreeing that it does not shift smoothly all the time.

So I am glad others have been fortunate not to experience these same conditions that I have in both my 2002 Mountaineers. Since advertising and slick marketing will sell anything my only intent is to spell out the facts as they are happening to me. I did not do this in the past but think more of this is needed since this is one of the jobs I have. Wouldn't it be nice to log into a site that tracked actual problems by car, manufacture and distributor? This is a true audit finding and in normal business such findings led to corrective measures or failure. I commend Edmonds for allowing the sharing of facts even when they are not supportive of the product.
  • jrc346jrc346 Member Posts: 337
    As someone who is a semi-Ford loyalist, it really irks me when I have problems on a relatively new vehicle. My 2000 Explorer for instance. It has been in the shop 2 times for those great timming chain tensioners at under 20,000 miles. It makes me ask myself. What is Ford trying to do to itself? I get so tired of cheepening, cost cutting, and poor engineering with todays big three it makes my head spin. However I still want to support American made companies so I've been with Ford. In my prior post to you I wasn't trying to defend FoMoCo. I was just hoping that maybe quality would be better by the time my lease comes up this summer. After reading your post and others I'm not so sure I will be returning to Ford. Everywhere I turn it seems there are problems with vehicles no matter what the company. So who knows? I don't :-P Again I wish you the best of luck with your troublesome Mountaineer((s)?).
  • hotwheels17hotwheels17 Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to give an update on my last problem. Was having trouble getting it to start so I took it to my local Ford dealer and they said the "idle air control sensor" is the problem. Still have not gotten it fixed. I purchased my Explorer out of town for this very reason. I live in small town USA. I would like to know more about the safety ratings on pre- Nov models. Does anyone have a link I can check out about it. This is my first Ford and my reason for purchasing was because of the high safety rating. The sticker in the door says it was mfd in Oct. Thanks!
    I had to call the dealer today for they did not call me to tell me if my new transmission had finally arrived and it had. It is two weeks and two days but progress has been made. They also determined that the radio reception issues were due to the last time the transmission was taken apart since both are on the same circuit. As for this being the third time the independent suspension was squeaking they put silicone on the bushing again so as asked for new bushings since I do not want to be back for a fourth disappointment. As for the vibration in the drive train at 60 to 70 miles an hour they forgot to do anything about it.
    The VP is working with Ford to take this excellent crafted metal display for a new Navigator for it does not have the same transmission and does have suggested changes for the better. I know more money but at least this problem will be somebody else's

The dealer mentioned swapping for an Aviator but it is my guess it has the same model transmission since Ford uses this in the Explorer, Mountaineer, New 4 wheel drive Jag. and since the Aviator is basically same car as the Mountaineer and Explorer except for the 4.6 engine is the 32 valve model and boy that is worth $10 grand more.
  • gregb5gregb5 Member Posts: 82
    I might have missed an earlier post, but what exactly is squeaking in your suspension?
    I had a squeaking in the front of mine also. The dealer pulled the front sway bar and lubed the center bushings with a Teflon lube. It seemed to work for a while but I think I've heard it coming back in the last week.
    Thanks for your reply.
  • kenttrudiwkenttrudiw Member Posts: 11
    I just got back from trip from Denver to Grand Junction CO & back. Love my X v-8 in the mountains of Colorado. At the bottom of a long steep pull up to Isenhower tunnel a Trailblazer flew by me (around 80-85) I did not think much of it until later. Their were slower moving cars, so I got in the fast lane and gave it a little gas. I cruised up the pass at 75-80 with out much effort (never had a car that would go up at that speed with out being floored!) Almost at the top and in the fast lane was that Trailblazer! I had caught up with him, then I had a little fun and stayed close to him, he could not shake me! We ran out of mountain real fast, I slowed down & he took back off so I never saw him again!
    So much for 270HP, I will still take my V-8 and torque!
  • kheintzelmankheintzelman Member Posts: 26
    My dealer recently replaced these bushings in my 2002 V8 XLT with tow package, because my truck developed a "creaking sound" when the suspension went over dips and dumps. Since replacing the bushings, the noise has not returned.
    My trouble has occured three times front and back and because they have only used silicon on the bushings. As you noted the problem comes back. In addition several bushings needed tighting and something in one of the back seats was also incorrectly secured. I was supposed to get my care back today but it was not ready again and it looks like they did not replace the bushings. In my first explorer the bushings had to be replaced and the actual rubber compound was the problem. I have yet to hear of these types of issues with Toyota or Lexus which are the brands I am looking to purchase unless they give me a break on a 2003 Navagator.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    some friends of mine with a 2002 Explorer XLT with V6 engine bought in November...since they bought the vehicle, a stinking smell comes in thru the windows and vents, smelling exactly like the rotten egg smell that emits from catalytic converters...they noticed it when driving the vehicle new off the lot, but assumed that it was once of those "new car smells" that usually burns off in the first 500 or 1000 miles...well, the vehicle now has 3600 miles, and they brought it to the selling dealer for some routine service, and to check for the source of the ever-present, continuing smell...it happens morning, noon, or night, when vehicle is warm or cold...the dealer has told them that the smell is not uncommon on Explorers, and can often take 5K or 10K miles before it burns off...at their current driving rate, that means it could take most of their first year of ownership before it stops stinking...the husband has respiratory problems and the strong stench does not help his lungs...when they transport clients, it is quite annoying, and when they are dressed up in suits, they exit the car stinking like rotten eggs...the dealer does not seem sympathetic at all...has anyone else encountered this problem, what IS the problem, was there a solution for it, was the solution done by the dealer or a private mechanic???...they have already been told that the catalytic converter is fine, and that this stink is normal...altho they adore their Explorer, they are somewhat miffed at paying over $25K for a vehicle that may absolutely stink for the first year of use...are there any TSB's on this that the Ford machanic may not be aware of???any and all help is appreciated...

Bob
    since the dealer says there is something that must "burn off" in 5K or 10K miles, is there something that the factory sprays on the engine or the exhaust system that can be rubbed off, scraped off, dissolved off, or something that can be manually removed to "speed up" this burning off process that the dealer refers to??? Thanks again...

Bob
    Shortly after obtaining my 2002 V8 Explorer, I detected a faint but distinct smell of rotten eggs ONLY when getting out of the truck, and only when the engine was fully warmed up. (I never smelled it inside the truck). On a hunch, I switched to Shell gasoline (rather than using whatever was cheapest in town), and the smell COMPLETELY went away soon thereafter, and has yet to return. Also, I've begun using Chevron Techron Concentrate every 3000 miles (two bottles per 22.5 gallons of Shell 87 octane), in order to keep the engine and fuel system clean, and again, the smell has not returned.
  • nickm2nickm2 Member Posts: 11
    Hotwheels- if your explorer was manufactured after 10/1, you should be OK- that's the kind that the IIHS tested and got the good rating. Check it out in the upper left hand corner (says produced after 10/01):

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/0125.htm

• tulsahogtulsahog Member Posts: 64
    Can buy a new Eddie Bauer for 16% off list, but it has a moon roof which I have never wanted.

Besides the extra cost for something I don't need, I have always wondered about potential leaks during heavy rains.

Please comment on this and also, does it result in more wind noise at high speed? The one I drove seemed quiet enough on the highway.
  • jerry2281jerry2281 Member Posts: 97
    Edmunds is reporting under new vehicle prices-Ford Explorer, the option code for Advance trac stability control system and safety canopy air curtain system. I was told by a Ford dealer salesperson that these options would be available in April. Although Advance trac shows N/A, if you order, it will sit in the ordering system until available and then will be assembled. I went through this with late availability of reverse sensing on my '99 Explorer. Curiously, Advance trac is only available with V-8 plus Trailer towing option???
  • expy01expy01 Member Posts: 10
    I was at the Ford dealer this weekend, and picked up a new Explorer Brochure. It shows the low-back seats as standard ( like the ones on the Eddie Baurer and Limited) on the XLT along with fog lights. It also shows an XLT sport option that includes P245/65R17 tires and special 5 spoke machined aluminum wheels. Just thought you would like to know.
  • steelersfansteelersfan Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for the scoop expy01. The sport option sounds great. Do you have any idea when it will be available?
    aside from wheels and tires, does the sport option offer anything that might be performance oriented and functional, like springs, shocks, or stiffer sway bars for body roll???...I assume that the tires won't be Firestones, will they??? :):):):):)
  • expy01expy01 Member Posts: 10
    Here is what the brochure says for the XLT sport group:

17" 5-spoke Machined aluminum wheels,P245/65R17 All-terrain OWL Tires, Platinum Gloss Bodyside Cladding and wheel_lip moldings, Platinum Gloss Side Step bars, Platinum Gloss Two-Tone Front and Rear Fascias. I think this is what I am going to get. IN black
  • unhappy6unhappy6 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else been through a Ford buyback? I have a '02 Mountaineer, 6 cylinder; leased the end of June. So far, the car has been in at least 3x for transmission. The last 3 times it would not start.

I am currently working with Ford. They have found a new truck - of course, made in June of 2001, before the change in the manufacturing line. I am not a happy camper - I either take it, or get an attorney!

Did anyone have better luck with your second car or is it the same issues? I would also be interested in any information anybody can give me about reporting the car we are giving back. I think Ford wants to prevent a recall on their cars.

I can guarantee when my lease is up in '2004, there will be no more Fords in my garage!
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    On new cars, it's rare for the factory moonroof to have any type of leak. And, as for wind noise, there should be no difference at all, unless it's opened. If the deal is good, take it with the sunroof.

Hope that helps!
    I hope you enjoy the sport group...however, aside from 17" tires over 16" tires, the sport group seems to be superficial decoration, as opposed to an improvement in actual components...not trying to dissuade you, hey, if you like it and it looks good, get it...but I thought it might actually be a "sport" option, like passenger cars that offer a "sport" option...good luck with yours...
  • timnguyen9timnguyen9 Member Posts: 6
    I have an 02 Explorer Limited with V8 and absolutely love it. So far we have put 8K miles on the Explorer and have not had any issues.

I would like to know if anybody has installed the daytime running lights feature on this vehicle? Some of the dealers in the DC area have this in stock as an accesory. I know that up in Canada they are mandatory on all vehicles and would think that such a feature on my Explorer would look nice and make sense, since I have the black exterior.
    I wanted to give the follow-up on the multiple transmission and other problems so you can at least see what might happen to you. After two plus weeks in the shop on this forth trip they replaced the transmission completely for a change and it shifts smother with only a few flutter shifts from time to time. I demanded them to replace the bushings instead of using silicon or Teflon again and it has been one week without a squeak.
    MOONROOF -
    I have had several vehicles with a factory moonroof and none have leaked water only air due to the poor installation from factory. My current Mountaineer being the most recent.
    BUY BACK -
    In response to a buy back I just did one last summer on my first 2002 Mountaineer which left me with the recent mess which I think we may have at least corrected all issues so I can drive it until this summer and get something else.
    The transmission has issues and ford is not doing anything public about it for these actions seems to require personal loss of life or injury. My dealer has reported problems in the new Jag 4x4 model and I am sure ford in their cheap use the same thing in all model will put the same transmission in the new Lincoln based off of the explorer base. if you do the buy back you will have to pay out of pocket some monies. In My first one I had the six cylinder with 4 or 5 thousand miles and paid the taxes on a new V8 model with all options.

hope this helps?
  • blackxltblackxlt Member Posts: 3
    A while back a had a post regarding a noise coming from the dash on the drivers side. I just wanted to follow up with that post and let everyone know what the problem was because Ford does have a technical service bulletin that covers the issue. Apparently the original value body on the transmission was ill-manufactured and starts to make noise at around 35-40 MPH after downshifting into the final gear (it seemed to take at least 1000 miles before the problem was noticeable). If anyone has this strange "whinning" noise under the dash, have the dealer look up the TSB covering the transmission value body and they will replace this valve body with a new design
  • tigerjon1tigerjon1 Member Posts: 26
    kheitzelman, gregb5, and everyone, How's it been? I have not been on the thread for a while. I've been scrolling through trying to catch up. I recently noticed that the plastic molding on the inside of the right side A-pillar is not installed correctly. I've made an appointment with a dealer to have it fixed. It's hard to notice it unless you drive it everyday, as I do, so they problably looked at me like "Jeeze, this guy's picky". I don't care. We all pay good money for our vehicles and we deserve the best from Ford Service. On the other hand, if this is the only problem I ever experience with this vehicle(that's not by my doing) I'll be as happy as a clam. That's all for now. Good to be back.

TJ
  • kenttrudiwkenttrudiw Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Blackxlt! I have had that noise (grinding, whining) occur every now and then. Here in Denver it has been very cold and the noise is happening quite often. Last night after reading your post it happened again quite loud and long. I pushed overdrive lockout and it immediately quit. I left overdrive off until truck warmed up and no more noise! I will make an appointment with Ford sometime to fix.
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    I have found that the only source for the air filters for the my Mountaineer V8 (and the Explorer) is a Ford dealer. A reusable filter is also available at high cost from K&N, and it is a special order item. The automakers could cut manufacturing and service costs by standardizing such simple parts. Has anyone tried to remove the UGLY air bag decals on the sun visors? Maybe they will come off with steam? My Mountaineer V8 2WD has run 16,000 miles with no problems except a bad differential due to improperly installed and/or made gears which was replaced promptly, and a mark in the paint on one door, whch was also repaired.
  • jmfreshourjmfreshour Member Posts: 57
    Let me get this straight, the XLT is now going to have adjustable head restraints like in the EB/LTD? The same ones that are in the base Mountaineer? If so, that's great news. I always wondered why Ford used the one-piece seats. I checked on KBB and they list certain options for the XLT like the 17" wheels, but no Sport Package as such. They also don't list any prices yet, but do list that they are available after 1/28/02. Anyone actually seen a "new" XLT yet? Thanks.
    jmfreshour -- What is KBB? Thanks!
  • rb123rb123 Member Posts: 51
    The reason they didn't have adjustable head rests is because they are cheap. I had a 2002 explorer xlt for about five months before I got rid of it because I just didn't like the vehicle. I had a few problems with it such as warped rotors and rattles bad body mounts. But outside the problems I thing I didn't like the most was the cheap interior. the seats were leather but looked really cheap had I known they were so cheap I would have went with the cloth. But the whole interior is covered with cheap looking plastic and a cheap looking instrument cluster. I was talked into the v-6 and this was a mistake this engine does not have the power for this vehicle.I may be a bit more critical of it's faults than most because I came from owning two Grand Cherokee's which have a much much nicer interior and the v-8 in it would leave both the 6 and 8 explorer in the dust. So after five months of the explorer I had to trade it and get back into an 02 Grand Cherokee. But this is just my thoughts.
  • lolaj42lolaj42 Member Posts: 420
    Didn't you test drive the V6 before buying? Didn't you look at the interior before buying it either? Hope you enjoy your Cherokee, but I'll pass on that one.
    KBB is short for Kelley Blue Book. They have a great website at www.kbb.com where you can look at all the standard features and options of a vehicle, along with the MSRPs and invoices. On that site, they list several options that are/were available according to the build date. It looks like for build dates after 1/28/02, you can also get the sunroof with the auxiliary air. Now that is cool. (pun not intended) I'll be very interested to see the XLT with the sport package and new seats.
    Sorry, gotta side with lolaj42 on this one. Why didn't you notice these cosmetic and performance issues before you purchased. I bet you lost your [non-permissible content removed] when you had to dump your explorer.
    I will be the first to admit I should have checked out the new explorer more before the purchase. What it was it was time for a new vehicle and I wanted to get something different this time so I thought of the new explorer because it was all new and it was larger which I did like. So I went to the ford dealer and the first explorer I test drove was a fully loaded
    v-8 it didn't have the power of the grand cherokee I was trading in but this was not a big deal. The saleman kept saying I shoud test a v-6 he said it feels close to the v-8 and he could give me a much better deal on a v-6 model. So I test drove it a couple miles and it did feel close to the 8 off the line, my problem with the 6 was on the highway when the trans was always shifting because it just didn't have the power to move this vehicle. I really could have dealt with this but after only a few weeks I got so sick of that interior it was so cheap and when I started to have a few problems with it this just made matters worse. So after five months I just had to get rid of it and yes it was an expensive mistake one I will never make again.
    If you love the JGC, then you have my best wishes. On the other hand, I found the actual cargo and interior space of the JGC to be absurdly small, and I found this vehicle to be vastly overpriced (as are most DC products). In addition, it appears to have a poor record for reliability (especially its transmission), and it also seems to have a reputation for poor handling manners, including a tendency to forever wander on highways, as well as a tendency for its suspension and "unibody" construction to impart to its drivers and passengers a rather persistent sensation of being jiggled and jostled about when riding over less-than-perfect surfaces. In my opinion, the biggest attribute of the JGC is its dashing good looks, which are unfortunately only skin-deep in the opinions of many. In my opinion, if one wants to spend this much money for a SMALL SUV, they would be better off buying the smaller Lexus. In the meantime, I'll take my 2002 V8 XLT any day, over a JGC.
    Thanks for getting back to me on KBB. I have Kelly Blue Book bookmarked, but I have never tried their "build a vehicle" link. It is much more informative than the Ford website. Go figure. Thanks again.
    I agree that there is no question that the explorer is bigger that was the main reason I first considered it, and I know by going back to the JGC I have a smaller vehicle but really it is big enough for what I need. I think an explorer at 35k is more overpriced that a JGC at 40k and it shows night and day. The inside of the JGC limited is so much nicer that there is nothing to compare. It was a big mistake on my part getting rid of the 99 JGC for the 02 explorer and I realized that quickly. I can't tell you how many people got in my explorer and said "you traded that JGC for this?" and that comment didn't help.If you plan on doing any off roading forget with the explorer. As far as reliability in the five months I had the explorer I had it in the shop four times I have had the JGC in zero times oil changes only. If I was going to go back to a larger vehicle like the explorer I think I would look at either the GMC Envoy or the Dodge Durango these seem like very nice vehicles in that class. I think part of the problem was that I had previously owned two JGC's so my standards were pretty high. But if you have an explorer and like it thats great the best of luck. By the way the unibody gives you a tighter construction I think that is why I had so many rattles in my body on frame explorer.
    Ryan, I can't help to think that after only 5 months you got a lemon if you were already experiencing squeaks. I hate to hear of anyone having problems with a brand new car. I'm interested to hear what you had your 02 in the shop for almost once a month. I do admit I have had one minor problem(msg. 635)with mine that I'm scheduled to have fixed this Friday. Other than that, knock on wood. This is my first SUV and my first American-made car in over a decade(all Hondas and one Acura in that time). The Hondas are definitely made better and it shows. I did the explorer because my wife has a friend who got us an x-plan deal. For the most part, I love the explorer so far. I've only had it about 2 1/2 months. I'm hoping that since mine was made after the line change I'll have better luck. Best of luck with the new JGC.

TJ
  • lrmet2lrmet2 Member Posts: 12
    I'm interested in anyone's real expperience towing with the 02 Mountaineer. I'm buying a V8 with tow package and not towing anything huge, but will be towing for a long distance so I stayed away from the smaller SUVs. First try with the Mountaineer (yes, bought one) then quickly backed out because on the test drive the tranny 'fluttered'. Service said they're removing it and sending back to Ford for analysis.

Any comments from anyone?
  • jerry2281jerry2281 Member Posts: 97
    Visited my Ford Dealer today. New 2002.5 Explorer production begins today at Louisville and 3/11 at St. Louis. Advance Trac $795 including trailer tow and adjustable pedals (according to dealer)
    prices up $86-$378-4 door models
    3 new colors-
    silver birch, true blue, aspen green
    Safety canopy system replaces side curtain AB
    Low back bucket seats with adj. head restraints standard on XLS AND XLT-$560
    Fog lamps standard on XLT (YEH!)
    Black leather wrapped steering wheel standard on XLT
    Electrochromic mirror standard on XLT
    Tire pressure monitoring system (XLT Sport only)
    Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing the new productions. When you mention the low-back bucket seats as standard but then have a $560 figure next to it, might the $560 be for the Sport Group about which we've been hearing? I've seen that this option will be available but haven't seen any prices associated with it. Cheers.