Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair (2006 and earlier)

Comments

• billysbeepbillysbeep Member Posts: 21
    Thats not bad for a 3.5 Im getting that with a 2.7 02 and 04 models welcome to the world of hyundai
    Take off the headlight bolts pull light off carfully edge hangs on tip foglight bulb right there
    take off the headlight its easier
    What kind of hyundai was it?
    Thats really odd so0 many problems My wife has a 02 with 110,000 had 1 battery changed under warranty 2 headlights fogging under warranty and 1 stabilizer bushing under warranty The rest on the time oil changes
  • LDegrelleLDegrelle Member Posts: 74
    I get a single 'thump' noise from up front when I first pull out of my parking spot. It happens about 5-10 seconds after I start driving - and only once. Maybe my ball joint is getting ready to fall off. Hopefully it will wait until the 2007 gets here so I can trade up :)
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    maybe your vehicle is performing an ABS self-test? other vehicles do this when first initiating motion.
  • jax42jax42 Member Posts: 3
    My daughter has a 2004 santa fe that has the lurch problem I'm looking for answers my self I hope to find them here, it also has a speed-o problem, it works intermit. and drops the cruse, but the cruse will resume when the speedo resumes with out re setting it.
    2004 Santa Fe the trans lurches when shifted from reverse to drive, the dealer said she was axcelarating to fast. after riding with her I know there is no way that could be the problem. also the speed-o is intermittent, working good for a while and then dropping to zero and returning to the correct speed after awhile.
  • bricciobriccio Member Posts: 1
    i just looked at 2004 sante fe.8000 miles, like brand new.private party for 12K. sholud i buy it?
    I'm set for a trans service tomarrow. But would like to hear any input on the speed-o problem. Any ideas?
    THANKS, Jax
  • debragaldebragal Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 Santa Fe AWD with "Auto Temp", the A/C fan won't shut off, even when I press all the buttons. The A/C light goes out and it's no longer cold but just keeps blowing at high. All buttons are off and the fan keeps blowing. My friend finally pulled a connection under the dash on the passenger side and it's off. So what could be causing this? I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you.

Debra
  • jenay1928jenay1928 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Santa Fe and it won't start. When you put the key in, the lights, a/c, radio, etc. all come on but it won't start. Did your Santa Fe do that? I really can't afford to take it to a mechanic and its not under warranty. Can you tell me how much the ECU cost? Thanks!
  • drakedogdrakedog Member Posts: 1
    My vehicle has the code P0171 and the dealer can not seem to fix it. It has no problem starting but if i dont let it run 3-4 minutes it will sputter something fierce.. Even then it seems to cut out at 50 mph then re catches. I have replaced plugs, wire, coils but am afraid to go any farther with the maf or oxygen sensors. any suggestions. :lemon:
  • era174era174 Member Posts: 67
    mms://navernews.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/navernews/0004/2006/0111/00044799.wmv

\\ copy and paste the above link into the address bar of your browser or into the OPEN URL menu of your media player.

The new Santa Fe in Korea (2007 model in the USA & Canada) and Kia Optima (the Korean brand is Kia Lotze) have a PTTR (Pull To The Right) symptom, according to the Korean national broadcasting company (KBS).

You don't need to understand Korean at all. Just have a look at the video clip. It's horrible.

Hyundai Korea has not yet found the reason and solution.

Some customers got wheel alignment and adjusted tire pressure. Still they have PTTR.

PTTR was also reported on the Honad CR-V forum of Edumunds.com

KBS news script in Korean
  • dawnybbdawnybb Member Posts: 3
    I thought that the Saturn VUE was american made??
  • targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    The Saturn Vue may be but I was talking about the Chevrolet Equinox engine...the V-6 is Chinese made. My point was and is....even though this person has "had it" with Hyundai and has decided to "buy American" that isn't possible in todays manufacturing climate. Most recognizable "American" brands either use foreign made components(check the content label) or are made in totality in a foreign country i.e. Mexico, Canada. On the other hand, Honda...Toyota..Hyundai..Subaru and others are and have been made in the good ole' USA.
  • brookeawbrookeaw Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone else had this problem? What is described above as a "vibration," I have been describing to my dad as a "grinding." I feel it on the floor on my left foot so I am pretty sure it is in the front of the car somewhere. It is both on acceleration and deceleration, and only underneath 20 or so mph.

If you brake, the grinding stops. It will also stop when you turn but start again as soon as you straighten out the steering wheel.
    It has been doing it for about two months now and after new tires, an alignment and an oil change, it still does it. It is the worst and most noticeable when I am in bad traffic and don't get above 20 mph.

I have a 2004 4-cyl Santa Fe with 37,000 miles on it. I even had a good friend of mine that I consider a "car expert" look at it and he has no idea (He sent me here!)

Am looking for some guidance before I take it to the dealer. . . anyone know what this is or if it is covered under warranty? I'd really appreciate it.

Other than that, I love my Santa Fe and do not have ANY complaints. :o)
  • gwr2gwr2 Member Posts: 5
    2003 SF V6, 2wd 47,500 miles. Yup, I fell for the 1,000,000 warrenty scam. Bought brand new. Haven't even had it long enough for a state inspection, but it will fail. The "check engine" light just came on, go to have it looked at and fixed. It's some valve in the pollution control system that will cost over $300. So what happened to the 1,000,000 mile warranty? It really doesn't exist. It's only on a few items that rarely wear out or break. The EPA use to require pollution controls to be warrantied for 1,000,000 miles. A freind got a letter from Toyota when he had his car fixed and that's what the letter says. When was this law changed? Dealers should be required to tell buyers that some things are not covered. All they kept saying was "1,000,000 warranty", you'll have nothing to worry about as long as you own it." What a crock! Again, what a scam, and I'm telling everyone I can. :lemon:
  • jenneejennee Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: I have a 2002 Santa Fae. I really love it. When I start the car, it hesitates. It takes about a minute to start. Can you tell me if it's the ignition or the fuel line? Is it covered? In the 5 year warranty? It hesitates whether it's a full tank or a quarter of a tank.
  • andyz3andyz3 Member Posts: 10
    You did not say what part needed replaced but I would suggest reading the warranty information that came with your vehicle. It sounds like your part should be covered under the 5 year 60K bumper to bumper coverage. Try another dealer. They all try to rip you off if your not prepared. Your warranty should read similar to the following. Good luck.

10 YEAR 100,000 MILES
    POWERTRAIN PROTECTION Covers most engine & transaxle components.

Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e. selected Engine and Transmission/Transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to Original Owner only effective with 2004 Model Year and newer model year vehicles. On 1999-2003 Model Years, coverage applies to Original Owner and immediate family members (i.e. wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).

5 YEAR 60,000 MILES
    BUMPER-TO-BUMPER Covers nearly every new vehicle component

Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.

Following components covered for time and mileage limits indicated:
    - Radio And Sound Systems (i.e. radio, cassette tape drive mechanism, and compact disc player): 3 years / 36,000 miles
    - Paint: 3 years/ 36,000 miles
    - Battery: 3 years / unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years / unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)
    - Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge: 1 year / unlimited miles
    - Adjustments: 1 year / 12,000 miles
    - Wear Items: 1 year / 12,000 miles (e.g. belts, brake pads & linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses
    8 YEAR 80,000 MILES
    FEDERAL EMISSION AND PERFORMANCE WARRANTY

Covers repair or replacement of the following original Hyundai major emissions control components that cause the vehicle to fail to conform to an applicable EPA approved Inspection/Maintenance Program:

1) Catalytic Converter
    2) Engine Control Module
    3) Onboard Emissions Diagnostic Device (OBDII)

Other EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) emissions warranty parts are covered under the 5 years / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
    In the "warranty information handbook" I got with my 2003 Santa Fe, the statement "bumper to bumper coverage" is not used at all. The only things I find with 1,000,000 mile coverage is the engine and transmission, 2 items that rarely give trouble these days. Some items are only covered for as little as 1 year, 12,000 miles. Then you get to the "emission defect warrany-federal vehicle" on page 23. Under the section "What is covered- The primary components covered are listed on the following ""2 year/24,000 mile emission warranty list"" and "" 8 year/80,000 mile emission warranty list."" Pages 26/27 has all the items on the 2 year/24,000 mile list and includes every item needed to control emissions except for the 3 items on the 8 year/80,000 mile list shown on page 28; catalytic converter, engine control module, onboard emission diagnostic device. I cannot find anything showing the "EPA Emissions Parts covered for 5 years/60,000 miles" that andyz3 mentioned. Page 24 "emission performance warranty-federal vehicle." "What is covered-Some states and local jurisdictions have established periodic vehicle inspection and maintenance (I/M) programs in your area to encourage proper maintenance of your vehicle. If the (I/M) program in your area has U.S. EPA approval, you may be eligable for HMA's performance warranty coverage under the following conditions: #1 not applicable, #2 The vehicle fails to conform DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD to the applicable emission standards as determined by an emissions test approved by the EPA." Then the last paragraph on the same page refers you to the 2 year/24,000 mile and 8 year/80,000 mile parts lists on pages 26, 27, and 28 to see what is covered. My girlfriend can't find the estimate, even that cost $86.00, to see what they say it was but, if it isn't one of only 3 items covered, then I'm screwed. I'll still tell everyone I can that the 10 year/1,000,000 mile warranty that Hyundai claims in the ads is a scam and that all buyers should be wary of dealing with this company. :lemon: :sick:
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    The only things I find with 1,000,000 mile coverage is the engine and transmission

Not to be nit-picky, but the warranty is 100,000 miles, not 1,000,000 miles.

Also, the emissions warranty mentioned previously is the federally mandated warranty that all manufacturers must adhere to. Beyond that, you are at the mercy (or kindness) of the dealership's service dept. Work with them or go to a different dealer, you might just end up pleasantly surprised.
  • queensqueens Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 Santa Fe, that thump noise or a grown as I call it is the ABS doing a computer check. There is a service bulletin# 05-50-004 that addresses that issue. It's normal and nothing to worry about.
    Sorry, my mistake on the 100,000 miles. I've been to the EPAs' official website and they require only 2 years/ 24,000 miles on most emissions controls, except the same 3. In fact it looks like Hyundai copied it almost word for word. The EPA site I looked at is at:
    http://www.epa.gov/otag/consumer/warr94fs.txt
    So my car is only going on it's 3rd year with 49,000 miles; just off warranty. Again, a scam, an advertising ploy. Buyer beware. :lemon: For some reason the link don't work, you have to type it in manualy.
    Sorry I can't get the link to work here. :lemon: I have it in my "favorites" and I don't see anyway to get this fixed under warranty. :lemon: The link will put you on an "error" page. :lemon: In the "search" box at the top, type in EPA420-F-95-014 and click go and you'll see the law. :lemon: Click on #3. :lemon: I hope more people come to this board before buying a car, I know I will before I buy anything else.
    Again, a scam, an advertising ploy

Not really, you just unfortunately have fallen into an area that no manufacturer, not Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, etc, is legally bound to warranty. I would hazard a guess that if you look at the warranty pages of just about any other make, you will find the exact same warranty language regarding emissions-related parts.

Try this link for the EPA page:

EPA emissions warranty post-1994

By the way, what part or valve needs replaced? If you can't get the dealer to come down in price or comp you on it, why not go to another independent garage for an estimate since we know it is not a warranty issue.

As an addendum to all this, here is Toyota's warranty from their website. Sounds pretty similar (except for the mileage/years covered) to Hyundai's, doesn't it? Is this one a scam also?

Basic Coverage: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).

Powertrain Coverage: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and air bags).

Rust-Through Coverage: 60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).

Federal Emissions Coverage: Components under the federal emission defect warranty are covered for 36 months/36,000 miles and specified major emission control components are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. Specified major emission control components under emission performance warranty are also covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. In addition, emission performance warranty is applicable for 24 months/24,000 miles in states and local jurisdictions that require a periodic EPA-approved inspection and maintenance program.

California Emission Control Coverage: In California and any other state that adopts California emission warranty provisions, performance warranty and defect warranty coverage is applicable for 36 months/50,000 miles, and specific control devices are covered for 7 years/70,000 miles.
    My biggest complaint is that this is a hook to get you in the door. All the sales people tell you is "you'll have no worries as long as you own it, everything's covered." This is only the third time I've needed warranty repairs. Two were on another vehicle and they took care of them no problem. This is also the first foreign car I've bought new; had a few used Beetles 30 years ago though, great cars they were. I guess I'll have to ask for a complete copy of the warranty whenever I go looking for a new vehicle again. I will be going to an independant garage to find out what the real problem is and have it taken care of and unload this car. Aamco is having a $29.95 check engine light promo, I'll see what they say. No more foreign cars for me though. I will be going to another Hyundai dealer in a non Hyundai car and act like I want a new car and see what line they give about the warranty. :lemon: Thanks tenpin288 for getting the link to work.
    Aamco is having a $29.95 check engine light promo

Do you have any chain auto parts stores around? AutoZone and Advance Auto have scanning tools that will pull those codes and often do it for free. (They hope you'll buy the needed parts from them!) It could save you a few dollars anyway. ;)
  • bnighterbnighter Member Posts: 3
    y not? I thinking the same thing. We totalled our 2004 AWD gls 2.7l santa fe and I am considering replacing it. I thought the car was great. Got to 40k--Not one single problem the last 30k miles. My question is why is it so cheap. In Fort Wayne, IN they are much more expensive.
  • bnighterbnighter Member Posts: 3
    Got to 40k--Not one single problem the last 30k miles. More on this... While the insurance company was deciding if our SF with 40k was totaled we rented a Ford Escape with 10k miles on it. Both vehicles had 4wd. The Ford Escape was loud, groaned, rattled, idled rough, and drove like a truck. I kept looking at the odometer because it drove like it had 100k on it. SF-10.0. FE-5.0. No contest. Our SF drove like it was new, minus the new car smell.

It kind of scares me to read others stories. It would be a nightmare to have to wait weeks to get a repair done.

We had a few break in problems the first 10k and they are always disappointing but they were fixed.

My goal was to get to 100k +++ are there any success stories out there with their SF? We had the SF with 2.7l AWD.
  • andyz3andyz3 Member Posts: 10
    The info I got was from Hyundai's web page. Print it out and take it to the dealer. "Hyundaiusa.com" click on "about Hyundai" and drop down to warranty. I have had some luck in the past asking to talk to the district service manager. Dealers tend to get a little nervous when you ask, It my take some time to track him down, but it's worth it. I too have a 03 Santa Fe but the warranty info and car is with my son at college. I will be checking and almost 100% sure there is a 5 yr 60K warranty. good luck
    Thanks for previous noter on the ABS self-check.

After bringing car in for first oil change (3000 miles) I just noticed that about 25% of the time when I am applying the brakes, the steering wheel vibrates. Not a huge amount, but I can feel it. Definitely never did this before. Is this a normal thing or should I have them take a look at the rotors?
    Hey all. Saturday went to dealership for first oil change and asked them to wash the car. Last night I was filling gas tank and was eye level with the area of the roof around the hinges for the rear hatch. There were scratches all over the place back there. None going through to the metal, but about 20-30 all around both hinges.

What is up with this? Could this be soemthign that happened when they washed the car, or when they installed the roof rails? When we took car for first test drive I saw the big oafish sales guy standing on rear bumper screwing in the mast antenna. I wonder if he scraped it up during that time.

Do I have any recourse to have dealership take car eof this, or will they just blow it off and say I must have done it? Any one else have experience with this kind of thing?

THANKS!
    Hyundai has had the best warranty in the business. Does it cover everything for the "Million miles" you first stated or even the actual 100,000 miles drivetrain/60K miles bumper to bumper etc..hell no. BUT, is it the most comprehensive warranty out there,you bet!. The text of the actual conditions and terms are readily available( if you would have taken the time to read it) and and if you consider it "a hook" then see what kind of warranty ANY other auto maker will offer when you "dump" this car that may have had an $89.00 part fail in 50,000 miles..terrible reliability. What a shame that you found the gray area in emission warranty...that is also gray for all makes and models of vehicles and may have an out of pocket repair cost. Boo-Hoo. Oh yeah, good luck with your American (made in Mexico Ford, Mercury, Lincoln or Canadian made GM or Chrysler car,truck or SUV, or Chinese made V-6 for the Equinox) car. Don't even consider one of those foreign made...Honda (made in Ohio) Toyota (made in Kentucky, Texas or one of the other 12 facilities they have in the US) Subaru (made in Indiana) Hyundai ( certain models now made in Alabama) and probably others.
    :sick:
    We finally figured out yesterday what the problem was.

I was in a car accident on Saturday, caused by me skidding out on wet pavement -Upon taking to our car shop (not a dealership), it was discovered that the "splash guard" that is supposed to keep the brakes dry had been put on at an angle instead of straight. When I drove on Saturday, (the first time it has rained in months), water got on the brakes, causing a "glaze" to form - So when I put my foot on the brakes, it had no traction, so I skidded out and hit two cars in front of me.

The brakes have been replaced, the splash guard put on straight and the noise is gone. I also have hundreds of dollars of damage to my car and a $500 deductible to pay to get it fixed. And I don't even know how much it will cost to get the other cars fixed (covered by insurance).

Not a happy camper.

If you're experiencing anything close to the same problem - get your Santa Fe looked at! Don't wait.

Any advice on how to handle with insurance company? Or with Hyundai? Do I have any grounds to at least get Hyundai to cover my deductible? Or is it not even worth pursuing?

Thanks for any advice - this is not only the first car I've ever owned (had my name on), this is also my first accident.
    WHAT!!! disc brakes can never be "kept dry". By nature of the design rotors, pads and calipers are exposed to all the elements including rain, snow, and mud. Further, I have never heard of any "glaze" forming on the rotors because by the squeezing action of the outside and inside brake pads (every time you brake) all foreign material is "squeegeed" (sp. sure doesn't look right)off those rotors...they are always dry even after running through standing water. Further... well, beyond further, all Santa Fe's are equipped with A.B.S.(anti-lock-brake-system) specifically designed to keep the car stopping in a controlled straight line, even allowing you to steer while stopping at the "max." It IS possible to stop in a straight line...straight into the vehicle in front but the "steering while braking" is the important part of this system. I acknowledge that many,even most, people have no idea how to maintain control even with ABS in a panic situation. I took my car with ABS to an empty snow covered parking lot and stomped on the brakes to feel, see, and experience how ABS works when it needs to. So, in summary, it sounds like it is possible the noise may have been caused by this cocked or crooked "splash shield" but whomever told you it was the primary source of your accident is well, simply put, wrong. Operator error is the most likely cause. How to handle the insurance claims? well, in most states if you rear-end cars in front of you (if this is what happened to you)it is almost automatically your fault for not having control of your vehicle..or not keeping sufficient space between you and them ...or too fast for conditions. So, you see they (the police) can site you for a number of things and they all add up to one thing, it is your fault.
  • rrk1368rrk1368 Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2002 Santa Fe. I went into the dealer for service, to have my "serpentine belt" changed for the second time{i have 40,000 mi, the first time it was changed was 8000 mi} I was charged $175.00 which i thought was rediculous. The service manager said to me i should have my trans. fluid and and coolant flushed. I agree, however he also said that if i did not have it done at the dealership, my warranty would be voided. Does anyone out there know if this is true? Hyundai charges a lot to do this. would appreciate any info. thx. Bob K.
    First of all, I asked for advice - not a condescending reply of blame. Thank you.

I KNOW how the law works, and I KNOW that if I rear-end someone else, fault will be assigned to me. That's not what I was asking. My insurance has even acknowledged that it was probably not something I could have prevented. But thanks again for no help.

Don't bother replying, I won't be back.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may want to try Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents.

tidester, host
    And exactly what advise or help did you expect???...I explained that the reason given to you for your accident probably wasn't valid, and gave an explaination why not. You asked and I answered..I certainly can't help it if the answers weren't to your liking. It was your fault so don't try to pawn it off on the vehicle or ask if you can collect money from Hyundai for your poor or inattentive driving. Condecending? I think not, in my explaination of how ABS works, something you obviously don't know, I used the example of how it will stop straight..straight into the car in front of you, which is something you now do know. Of course you could have possibly prevented it by any or all of the below:
    1. allowing more space between vehicles.
    2. allowed for the greasy conditions that are evident on roads during the first rain after a long dry spell and...

3. adjusted your speed accordingly.
    4. possibly had not been talking on your cell or your passenger.
    5. know your how your vehicle reacts during a panic
    situation and use the benefits of ABS by being able to simply steer out of trouble .
    I AM replying and if you do happen to check back...too bad about your accident, don't blame the car BYE!!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Can we lighten it up a bit? The issue is not who caused the accident (the OP stated responsibility in the very first sentence of the post). If you don't wish to reply or are unable to reply to the question then just skip over it.

tidester, host
  • lpjxk0lpjxk0 Member Posts: 10
    I have two Hyundai Santa Fe's, my wife drives the 2004 LX & I drive the 2002 LX. My car has 95000 miles on it and the extended warranty. I had a slight rip in leather seat back rest, I questioned Hyunda about repairing the back rest, they said no they would replace it. Both vehicle have the extended warranty and I rarely had to use the service. Will be looking at a Azera next year. Have had no problems with the vehicles or the dealer. I highly recommend MotorWorld in Wilkes Barre, Pa, great people to deal with and terrific service department. Jim
  • santafe3santafe3 Member Posts: 1
    I had the exact same thing happen last weekend. How was your case resolved? My dealer has told me that the master cylinder is covered by the warranty, but the $3K in damage that resulted is not! My Santa Fe only has K16!! Any advice would be great!
  • tbwhitetbwhite Member Posts: 1
    I don't get that noise but what I do get is strange. After the car has warmed up a metallic ringing can be heard when riding over rought terrain. Plus is happens when engine is on or off and the doors are shut, but with the hood up no noise is heard when doors are closed.
  • sundae2sundae2 Member Posts: 6
    you could have been my twin. i have the exact same situation for 03 sf with 2.7l engine. same gas mileage. same gentle driving. same results after crying to dealerships. :cry:
  • doreen1doreen1 Member Posts: 1
    :cry: Can someone help me, I have an awful studdering and a loud bang that happens when I travel on the highway, of course they tell me nothing is wrong, but I have had to have my transmission fluid changed twice and I only have 55,000 miles on my truck. They tell me this is normal and I know it's not. Will probably nvr buy another Hyundai product again, and the service people are very rude and unprofessional. :(
  • joseajosea Member Posts: 1
    Dear jenay1928 I also have a 2001 Santa Fe that appears to have a bad computer, causing a "no start" condition. I have checked all my sensors and under the hood wiring, and everything is Ok. I priced out a used computer around $200 bucks, but I suspect that Car quest auto parts can have mine rebuilt for around the same price. I will let you know what happens, If you have better luck send me a email and we can share info, I am a used car dealer and I need this vehicle running soon! Thanks and hope We can get these vehicles up and running. josea
  • anuckanuck Member Posts: 5
    Hi-This sounds similar to an issue I have been having for over a year (off and on). 2003 4cy. I was told that the caliper (sp?) was leaking (not exactly sure what it's leaking) and causing the brake to stick. When it got really bad, the car would vibrate. I thought something was wrong with the tire at first. I would feel the vibration in the brake pedal. When it's not too bad, it sounds kinda of like a high pitched groan. Gets louder as it's gets worse. I've had the calipher replaced twice. This seemed to fix the issue for a while but it's starting up again. I notice it the most driving in rush hour traffic when I'm coasting a lot. I've resigned myself to just having to get it fixed off and on until I get rid of the car. So far, I have not been charged for the repairs. As long as it stays that way, it's just an inconvenience. I love my car but this issue has killed any chance that I'll ever buy another Hyundai. Hope this helps.
  • kalabankalaban Member Posts: 17
    I have had this problem since I bought the car almost 2 yrs ago GLS V6. My rear window wiper will clean 1/2 the windshield and not the other half. The dealership has addressed this at least 6 times and they keep telling me "it needs to be lubricated". I have asked 1. That they show me what needs to be lubed and 2. What lube to use and they haven't done either to date.

This is the wrost car I have ever owned. I had the transmission replaced twice after the first month off the lot!! :mad:

If anyone has found a solution to the rear window issue, please post.

Thanks