Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    medema7medema7 Member Posts: 19
    Sure, it is Wilde Honda in Milwaukee, WI
    The only fees were the service charge of 119 dollars ( standard when you buy a car from them) BTW, the dealer admitted the double service charge error.
    The title fee of 89 dollars and 5% sales tax. I avoided a $79.00 license plate
    charge because I'm using new WI plates that have never been used since we moved here last summer. We will finally take off the PA plates when we trade in the 06 Odyssey. I'll assume I'll have to pay the state a registration fee at some point in the future.
  • Options
    a8man1a8man1 Member Posts: 23
    I received this from Pauly Honda, thier internet sales gave this price:
    This is what I got:

08 NON PAX TOURING W/NAV&RES
    ALL SEASON MATS
    WHEEL LOCKS
    SPLASH GUARDS
    $34050+TTL (includes destination)
  • Options
    cambreacambrea Member Posts: 26
    Since my wife's MDX lease is maturing in April, I have decided to purchase or lease 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L model. We have a new born and need more cargo room to carry lots of stuffs.

I have intention to keep this Odyssey for at least 5 years or so. Therefore, purchase would make sense to me.

However, while I was surfing few Odissey forums, it seems like there is $2,000 dealer cash (incentives from Honda to dealer) for lease. But, I couldn't find such thing for purchase at this time.

In such case, it would be a lot easier to get lower price when I negotiate as lease? In other words, I can lease for the first three years, with lower capitalization cost (than purchase), and defer purchase at the end of lease term... and overally it would be benefit to me. Correct?
  • Options
    jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    From Edmunds:
    Incentives & Rebates
    2008 Honda Odyssey
    Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Manufacturer to Customer
    Rebates There are no customer or dealer cash rebates or incentives available at this time.
    Financing There are no low APR incentives available at this time.
    Leasing There are no special lease terms available at this time.

Manufacturer to Dealer:
    Marketing Support
    $2000 Cash to Dealer start: 03/04/2008 end: 04/30/2008
    Restrictions Dealer Cash cannot be combined with the 2008 Odyssey special AHFC lease/purchase plan.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

I don't think the marketing support is limited to leases, but YMMV.
  • Options
    lonestar98lonestar98 Member Posts: 48
    correct. you can either get $2k for purchase or lease w/ the special money factor, but you can't do both.

of course, not all dealers might be willing to share the full $2k w/o a fight since it's fact to dealer money. however, thanks to competition, most dealers will cough it up when pressed.
  • Options
    jwidenergajwidenerga Member Posts: 2
    Picked up a 2008 Touring w/o PAX at Gwinnett Place Honda earlier this week.

Pricing was as follows --

Total Car = $34,339.09

Trade-In = $17,000 (2005 Pilot)
    Balance = $17,339
    Doc Fees = $399
    Sub Total = $17,738.09
    7% Tax = $1,241.66
    Title Fees = $31.00
    Trade Balance Owed = $2,882.27

Total out the Door = $21,492.27

Hope this helps others get similar, or even better, deals!

--Joey
  • Options
    traubetraube Member Posts: 28
    Please be warned-worst honda dealership in US-check out Better Business Bureau and on line at Paragon Honda Complaints-classic cheats
  • Options
    madcity_wimadcity_wi Member Posts: 1
    My local dealership still has four 2007 touring models left. They quoted me 32,500 (includes destination) plus TTL. This seemed like a very good deal until I saw that people are buying the 2008 Touring for approx. 34,000 plus TTL. I had no idea that you could buy that much under invoice so early in the model year.

Any suggestions on whether I should even continue looking at the 2007? If so, what is the maximum amount I should be willing to pay for the 2007?
  • Options
    littlesunnylittlesunny Member Posts: 6
    Can someone guide me whether i am making a right decision of buying a 2008 Honda Odyssey for $26,995 + TTL (3% tax in NC) ? It is the month of March , quarter end sales month , will i get a better deal then this anywhere else?

I read about the $2000 which each dealer gets. On what basis should i get benefit from the dealer if he is going to get $2000 to sell the car to me ?

Appreciate all your responses!
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    If that's the price for a Touring with a navigation system, it might be worth considering if you want PAX. If not, you can get an '08 for two grand more.
  • Options
    ecnirpecnirp Member Posts: 20
    If that price includes freight it sounds like a good deal to me. I recently got a price from Koons Honda of Manassas, Virginia of 27301.05 which included freight - Add TTL and the price came to $28940. I'm still waiting for better financing rates like they had at the end of February and then I'll pull the trigger.
  • Options
    slydislydi Member Posts: 2
    Two days ago 3/3/08 I got an internet offer from Crowne in Chapel Hill, NC for EXL for 29,416 plus fees. Tonight 3/6 it was $27,716 plus fees.
  • Options
    cheapdad000cheapdad000 Member Posts: 33
    Can someone guide me whether i am making a right decision of buying a 2008 Honda Odyssey for $26,995 + TTL (3% tax in NC) ?

Price looks very good. What was their doc fee? Also, which dealer was it?

Invoice + destination on EXL is $29801.

If incentive is only $2000 (saw in one place that Feb incentive was $2500 + financing - have only seen $2000 published for March), then dealer is giving you this incentive plus digging into their holdback to drop price (unless they plan on charging exorbitant doc fee).

I'm on the fence myself between this model and a T&C Touring Sig series (free double DVD is nice perk).
  • Options
    plbankheadplbankhead Member Posts: 2
    Included all-season mats and splash guards from Larry Hopkin's Honda. I probably could have negotiated down a few hundred bucks, but took the rubber mats and splash guards (worth $300) instead. Not too painful--used Honda's website to request quotes from several dealers, all came in within $100 of each other.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I bought my 07 Touring in November for $33k. So, $32,500 sounds high to me. I would certainly pay $1k more for an 08.
  • Options
    cambreacambrea Member Posts: 26
    My wife's leased car to be returned on April 23rd.

Should I purchase (or lease one) at the end of March to take advantage of end-of-the-month sales pitch?

Or should I wait until April 23rd, which will minimize duplicate ownership cost?

I believe the threshold would between $300 and $400.
  • Options
    ohioeagleohioeagle Member Posts: 18
    cccompson,
    I am looking for a Honda Odyssey E-XL in Ohio. More specifically the Columbus area. I have just started my search. Have you found any good deals in Ohio for the Odyssey? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -Thanks
    Matt
  • Options
    gfagori,
    I know you have been asked this a lot already, but could you please forward me a copy of the internet quote you received? The lowest I have received thus far is $27,100. I am in Ohio, but would take a vacation to MD for a couple grand off!
    -Thanks A Lot!
    Matt
    mlkaulen@yahoo.com
  • Options
    The last time I got a quote was on an '07 last November at Hugh White where I'm a long time customer. The figure given then was invoice less incentive less holdback plus $200 plus doc fee.

Competition is pretty fierce so just get quotes from all the local stores (don't forget Marysville and Hinderer in Newark). In the past Immke has tended to have the highest prices but, who knows, that may have changed.
  • Options
    3halls973halls97 Member Posts: 1
    gfagori, I hate to bother you but would you mind emailing me a copy of your quote or invoice if you have it for the EX-L? I had a dealer quote me$27,500 on the first try but would love to get them closer to the price you got...or heck for $2000 I might just fly to MD and drive back! If you could send it to me I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!
  • Options
    3halls97,

I also have a quote of 27,500 +TTL from my dealer in NC. But he is ready to match the price if i can prove it ! If you get the details from qfaqri , please send me also the mail on sunil_unix@yahoo.com,
    A million thanks for your response!!
  • Options
    I also have a quote of 27,500 +TTL from my dealer in NC.

Which dealer gave you the $27,500 quote?
  • Options
    jbm160jbm160 Member Posts: 19
    I'm looking for an '08 Touring probably to lease. I'm interested in the lowest capitalized cost that anybody has been able to obtain on one of these recently and if anybody knows for sure whether dealers are or are not receiving factory incentives with the current lease special. Also, has anybody had good experiences/low prices with any of the Nashville area dealers?

Thanks!
  • Options
    huaibohuaibo Member Posts: 4
    I got 2008 Honda Odyssey EX $23275 and OTD$25700 at Chicago,IL IS IT GOOD PRICE?
  • Options
    abaltoabalto Member Posts: 22
    You should be able to get a price of $34,000 for a Touring without PAX.
  • Options
    cheapdad000
    The Flow Honda on exit 192 (Peters Creek Parkway ).They started with 33,123 MSRP price gave me a discount of 4500 upfront making it 28,623, then again gave $100 off , and then next day called up and made it 27,500. But from the discussion forum it seems that people have bought it for $26,800 in CA and $25,725 in MD. Hope we can get such good deals tooo.
  • Options
    res149res149 Member Posts: 19
    Can you send me any quotes or other proof that I can use to get the same deal. My email is res149@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    What's the best deal for Honda Odyssey 2008 EX-L with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation™ and DVD Rear Entertainment System in upstate NY ?
  • Options
    rickincincyrickincincy Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a 2008 EX-L. Edmunds is telling me that where I live people are paying about $30,000 for one. But there are so many posts here that say the vehicle can be had for $27,500 or better. I live in Cincinnati. Should I pay the $30k that Edmunds says, or can I do better? Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
  • Options
    nash1234nash1234 Member Posts: 22
    It is probably a good price. I bought a 2007 EX in Chicago mid-December for $23,332 OTD $25680 which was the best price at that point. Yours is an 08 so I think you are doing well.
  • Options
    The Ohio market is very competitive - just shop around a bit and you'll soon learn that Edmunds' number bears no relation to reality here.
  • Options
    wegweg Member Posts: 2
    I got two quotes in northern NJ for the ex-l with navi/dvd for $30,500 including desination charges. So far, that's the best I've gotten but I'm hoping to get lower.
  • Options
    bobtnjbobtnj Member Posts: 7
    I called the dealer (Sport Honda in Maryland) that quoted the other person 25,725 and they mentioned that it was slightly off, it's actually $26,300 on in-stock vehicles, still not a bad price. I've got a couple of months still left on my lease so I can wait for similar deal in South Florida.
  • Options
    nrajeevnrajeev Member Posts: 10
    I just had a quote - $29903 plus dest, tax, and fees for EXL with Res & Nav.

VIP Honda
    908-753-1500

700 Rte 22 E
    North Plainfield, NJ 07060
    www.viphonda.com
  • Options
    Did the $26,300 include freight? Or was that just the price of the van?

Thanks
  • Options
    gohonda12gohonda12 Member Posts: 19
    If you just need an email quote for price match, I'd recommend you to get one from Ourisman Laurel (http://www.laurelhonda.com/). You can get an email quote off their website. They will send you a detailed email with the Sale price of $26756.85 (includes dest but excludes TTL) Ourisman will not sell you at this price as they will add around 1K for dealer installed accessories. Herson's Honda in Rockville MD and Sport Honda in Silver Spring MD were ready to match Ourisman's price.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    wegweg Member Posts: 2
    which dealer did you go to? That's a great price!!!
  • Options
    zeeman69zeeman69 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

Does anybody know what are the new March 2008 incentives/rebates from Honda for Odyssey 2008. Have Feb incentives changed ?

Thnaks
  • Options
    odybuyer3odybuyer3 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone share some recent prices (before TTL, fees, etc) for an 2008 EX-L RES in the OHIO / midwest area ? I've read about some very good prices but wanted to see if anyone in my area has gotten those same offers. I know there is currently a factory to dealer rebate of $2000 going on.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    shamrocksshamrocks Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone,
    We have been looking to purchase a odyssey. We have had several price quotes, but most of them are not flexible.So far the best is 24,099 plus dest for an ex and 26, 899 for and exl plus des. We are hoping to obtain a quote for less that 24,000 for an ex including dest. and less that 26000 for an exl including dest. If anyone could help us out with a price quote , it would be much appreciated. The dealers are willing to match prices but they have to see the quote. Thanks so much in advance. Send quotes to mt.mc@live.com.
    Thanks again!!
  • Options
    sniranjanksniranjank Member Posts: 5
    I am getting a 2007 Odyssey EX 15 months old, 13K miles very clean, one owner for $22500 on the road (including taxes and title). Is this a good price?
  • Options
    Depending on your tax rate, it's probably as fair a price as you're likely to find. However, IMHO, buying a new '08 for a bit more would seem to be a better bet (for example, see the post immediately preceeding yours).
  • Options
    sniranjanksniranjank Member Posts: 5
    Thanks cccompson for the quick note back. The best quote that I am getting on 2008 Ody EX is $23, 649 + $635 Freight + $100 Processing + $1463 (6% tax) + $ ~200 (Tags and Title) which means a total of $26,047 for a new '08.
    But the used '07 is $22500 (13k) on road including all expenses. Do you think it's worth to pay $3500 more for a new one?
  • Options
    I have been shopping around the past couple weeks, in the Columbus Ohio area, and the lowest I have received for a base EX-L is $27,500. A far cry from what others have been getting in other areas. Once you add the Doc Fees of $250, Title and License of $25.50 and Tax of $1,873 (6.75%) I am looking at $29,650 out the door. I want to get some accessories, but I know that Hondas' prices are not dealer cost, but have a nice little mark up already in them. That plus the dealers will charge to install each one so they add up quickly. I will try to work the accessories down once I can get the base cost down a little more...hopefully. Has anyone else in Ohio had better luck?
    -Matt
  • Options
    ohioeagle: Did you get those quotes by email or in person at the dealership ? Most of the quotes I've been getting (in person) are ~$500 to $1000 below published invoice, essentially giving up the hold back but dealers haven't let on about the $2000 factory to dealer rebates.
  • Options
    If you just need an email quote for price match, I'd recommend you to get one from Ourisman Laurel (http://www.laurelhonda.com/). You can get an email quote off their website. They will send you a detailed email with the Sale price of $26756.85 (includes dest but excludes TTL)

Thanks gohonda12. Just did this and received the same quote.

They break it down as Invoice including destination - incentive - holdback - an extra $500 discount (which decreases over time to increase sense of urgency to purchase) = Selling Price of vehicle. They understated the holdback on my quote ($644 instead of 3% of base MSRP).

So my question: Is there extra incentive money floating around that no one knows about or are they planning to make up all their money on DIOs and financing?
  • Options
    Andyboy1974Andyboy1974 Member Posts: 15
    Would you be kind enough to e-mail me the quote, as well. This sounds like an amazing deal. I appreciate it! boetsch1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I received my quotes through e-mail and follow-up phone calls. Are you saying that you are getting a better or worse deal by going into the dealership? The one saleswoman mentioned that I was "getting over $100 in savings" by going through the internet. With that said, I think I would rather take my chances haggling over prices in person. Let me know what you are finding. I will be sure to update you on what I get them down to.
    -Thanks
    Matt
  • Options
    So far, I have 2 quotes are from dealers in NEO. Both around ~$29,600 + TTL + Doc Fee. But I haven't asked for their rock bottom price yet. This is for a EX-L RES.

I'll be sending out email quote requests in a few days. I like to buy at end of the month but not afraid to hold off unless the dealers are willing to discount some more.
  • Options
    Best quote (NY) I got so far for
    2008 EX-L RES is $ 28,700
    2008 EX-L RES/Nav is $30,976

I would prefer 2008 EX-L RES/Nav ... was hoping to get a better price - should I wait until the end of the month ? :lemon: