Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Matrix

Comments

• petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    I used to tow a 1200lb boat and trailer with our auto AWD. No problem. If you tow frequently or for long distances your maintenance schedule may change.
  • smith16smith16 Member Posts: 1
    hi! I have a Toyota matrix 2004. At 30000 something miles i heard shhh sounds at the front end of the car.. so i brought it to the dealer and they said i need a wheel alignment but still the sound was there, so they told me that i should get new tires because it's thinning out and the sound came from the tire. After a month, I had discount tires installed goodyear yokohama (is this a good tire for it??). After the tires were installed, the noise was still there so, i had discount tire tire rebalance it three times and then again it didnt seem to go away so i went back to the dealer stating my problen and told me that discount tires don't know how to balance them so im letting them balance it for me.. currently im waiting for results. I dont know a lot about cars.. but i dont know what to do with it. Do you have any answers?? And oh. aside from the noise it shimmies when i go towards 60..
    Thank you.
  • herzogtum71herzogtum71 Member Posts: 470
    I liked the Yokahama tires that came on our '89 Nissan so much that I went out of my way to buy them again when the originals needed to be replaced. I think they should work well on a Matrix.
  • headphoneheadphone Member Posts: 1
    Maybe your rim is bent...
  • jpmccormacjpmccormac Member Posts: 98
    While researching the Matrix for possible future purchase I was dismayed to learn that the Matrix was rated the worst of all small stations wagons by the Highway Loss Data Institute.
    Quote: "Injury losses indicate the relative frequencies of injury claims per insured
    vehicle year..." The Matrix rating was 131 - Substanially Worse Than Average. This data was for the 2001-2003 period. I'm curious whether any safety enhancements have been added to the car since 2003. Comments?
    Makes me wonder how reliable the information is. The Matrix wasn't available until March-April 2002 (as a 2003 model). There weren't that many on the road in 2002, none in 2001 and maybe enough to judge in 2003. How can a proper (2001-2003) rating be assessed?
  • rex7rex7 Member Posts: 3
    Does the shhhh sound go away when the brakes are applied? If it does that may be the wear indicator which means you should have the brake pads checked for wear. Front pads should last more than 30k but it is possible they are worn out. Sometime crap can build up around the pad and make noise by rubbing on the rotor, not common but I have seen it happen.

As for the shimmy I know that my 2005 matrix needs to have the axle shaft bolts checked every 5000 miles per the owners manual. Perhaps one is just a little loose. Does it click while turning sharply right or left in a parking lot? Could be a bad axle shaft. At 30K a boot(axle shaft) could have torn and let dirt in.
    hope this helps

jim
    Sounds like something is rubbing against the tire or the wheel. I don't think a wheel balance or alignment has anything to do with a shushing sound. Did you have the brakes checked?
    Just what is the Highway Loss Data Institute measuring in this study? I just did a quick Google search with the keywords "crash test" and "Toyota Matrix" and discovered that at least the 2005 Matrix fares pretty well in crash tests. (Some of the sites that come up are competing forums, so I unfortunately can't list them here. You'll need to do this search for yourself.)

The previous post's point is well taken that there could not be a huge sample of Matrixes in the study for the period covering 2001-03. And the wording of the quote makes me think that the study really is not an indication of vehicle safety. For example, you could have a very safe vehicle involved in more crashes than the average car (maybe because the vehicle in question tends to be driven by younger and less experienced drivers). So there could easily be a greater frequency of injury claims when compared to another vehicle that doesn't do as well on crash tests but that also is involved in fewer accidents.
  • jaembejaembe Member Posts: 1
    Can I repace the standard 205/55R16 tires with 205/50R16?
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    No,

The 205/50R16's will have less load carrying capacity. Overloaded tire failures are not pretty sights!
  • ia3dia3d Member Posts: 1
    I love my new 2006 Matrix XR. I find, however, that because of my height (5'4.5") the head restraint pushes my head forward and places uncomfortable pressure on my neck. I've tried all different positions for both it and the seat back, without finding a comfortable driving position. Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution (other than completely removing the head restraint!)? Anyone know of a flattened pyramid-shaped pillow that would cover the gap between where the restraint pushes forward and where the seat slopes back?

I also find that the steering wheel could be much closer to me and that the center arm rest is much too far toward the back to be comfortable. I realize that I myself am a bit short on one end, but as I can't change that, I'm looking for possible solutions.
  • paulznetpaulznet Member Posts: 1
    I have replaced the Tires on my vibe with 205/50R16 and it has a much smoother ride.... and it didn't mess up the speed either...
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Why not purchase yourself one of those orthopedic wedge shaped cusions. It would raise you upward to where your head restraint shold be comfortabe and there are also automobile seat type cushions that when placed on the drivers seat would not only raise you higher but also more forward toward the steering wheel.You can find these at almost any PepBoys, AutoZone...or ...jcwhitney.com (even walmart auto section, Target, K Mart!!!
    Sounds to me that you should have more thoroughly test driven the Matrix before spending the money?????
    You say you "love" your new Matrix????? You are not going to "love" it for long unless you get comfortable in it!!!!
  • texasgirl3texasgirl3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I had the same problem. Guess what?! You can completely pull the headrest out of the top of the seat and turn it around so that the flat side is facing forward. It makes all the difference in the world.
  • hathat Member Posts: 11
    Anyone know why Toyota only offers VSC with automatic transmission/FWD Matrixes? It seems odd they don't offer some species of traction control (even if not full-blown VSC system) with manual transmission/FWD.

I currently have AWD with manual trans ('97 Outback), am leaning toward '06 Outback, but am also shopping some FWD wagons (Focus, Matrix). Matrix would be strong contender if not for this omission.
  • smiles33smiles33 Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone. I'm trying to identify a car that is 1) very reliable (hence looking at Toyota and Honda first) 2) has the latest safety features (like side impact airbags and good crash ratings) and 3) has the option of adding a navigation system. This is a car for grandpa and he doesn't know what he wants, though he is leaning towards a hatchback so I volunteered to do some research for him. He's also about 5'2" so I need a car that has good visibility for him. He is used to driving a Nissan 300ZX, which has a lot of power, but it's an old car with few safety features and not as reliable.

Would you recommend the Matrix for this kind of driver? My boss, who is 5', has a Matrix and seems to really like it. Thanks for your help!
    My wife drives our Matrix. She's about 5'3" and the car seems more comfortable for her than for me (about 7 inches taller). But I'm not sure this is the best vehicle if visibility is a big issue. Side and rear visibility is not nearly as good IMHO as in our older vehicles, including an '89 Nissan Sentra wagon.

Have you looked at the Scion hatchback model? That's a Toyota product and may be more comfortable with better visibility. A friend of mine was looking at the Scion for his 90-year-old mother (who insists on driving a standard transmission BTW). He thought it would be a good vehicle -- easy to get into and out of, nice size, etc. Odd thing he noted was that cruise control wasn't included, but he figured that wasn't important since his mother wouldn't be doing much if any highway driving.
  • matrixmummatrixmum Member Posts: 1
    We are considering buying a 2006 Toyota Matrix, but I am puzzled by the difference in safety ratings from the 2003-04 years and the 2005-06 years. The earlier models have a better safety rating than the more recent ones. (5 star vs 4 star for the passenger in the frontal star rating and 5 star vs 3 star for the front seat for the side star rating) I have been told by Toyota there has been no changes in the design of the vehicle so why is there a difference in the ratings? Does anybody know? :confuse:

Thanks!
  • budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    At the end of this posting is a response I received from a local Toyota
    dealer in northern Indiana about buying a 2006 Matrix.

Regarding #4 below, this seems to contradict what I have found on Kelley
    Blue Book and other sites. I want ABS and Vehicle Stability Control. My
    research told me you could get VSC on 2WD and not AWD. The dealer is saying
    below the exact opposite.

So for those with VSC or who checked it out, is VSC available on 2WD? On
    AWD? Or both? Including special orders?

Bud H

*** begin dealer message ***

This is what we are finding:

1) The SP or Extra Value Pkg #1 is being built primarily with options CK and
    CF and that's it.

2) Accessory Pkg, Bumper Protector, Cargo Mat, Floor Mats, Security System
    and 16" Wheels are all options we can add aftermarket or here at the
    dealership.

3)EV Radio option w/ JBL AM/FM Stereo 6-Disc CD Changer in dash and
    Restraint System are both unavailable on current XR vehicles out there
    without getting QP or Extra Value Pkg #2 and they are both factory installed
    only.

4) Stability Control is not available on any 2WD units out there only AWD.

5) ABS Braking system is another one not available on any XR models out
    there.

*** end dealer message ***
  • nick2006matrixnick2006matrix Member Posts: 42
    Hi, I just bought an 06 Matrix Base front wheel drive and was reading the owner's manual. It suggest "tighten drive shaft bolt" at many of the service intervals. What is this? The car is front wheel drive. Any ideas?
  • rossm2rossm2 Member Posts: 96
    I think that if you look closely, the owner's manual covers ALL models. The "tighten drive shaft bolt" would be under the "if applicable" category.
  • smiles33smiles33 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, herzogtum71! I'll check out the Scion. But my husband and his father really want Grandpa to have a navigation system in the car and I think the easiest thing would be the built-in ones with big screens and voice-commands. So, we may have to move up to a sedan like the Accord.

Thanks again!
  • tommyg12tommyg12 Member Posts: 158
    I'm pretty sure that the "tighten drive shaft bolt" applies to the AWD only. That's what my '04 maintenance manual says. Plus, the AWDs are the only models with a "drive shaft".
    Some information for those interested in Toyota special ordering from the factory and how it works.

I special ordered a 2006 Matrix XR 2WD automatic yesterday morning. I put down a $500 deposit.

The stated time for arrival is four to six months, and the dealer sees it in their expected future inventory three to four weeks in advance before the car arrives. Once that happens, my credit card would probably be charged. It is expected that the earliest my credit card will be charged is when the dealership sees the car is on its way three or four weeks in advance of arrival.

Bud H

2006 TOYOTA MATRIX XR 2WD (AUTO)

1912 2WD Sport Matrix Wagon 4-Door (Automatic Transmission)

8P4 Indigo Ink Pearl (exterior color)
    FB13 Stone (cloth interior)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Z1 Accessory Pkg, Preferred (PIO)
    SP Extra Value Pkg #1
    CK Guard Pkg, All Weather
    PO Power Pkg
    AB Braking System, F&R Anti-Lock
    EF Bumper Protector, Rear (PIO)
    C1 Cargo Mat (PIO)
    CF Floor Mats, F&R (PIO)
    EV Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash
    BE Restraint System, F&R Head Curtain & Front Side Impact Air Bag
    V5 Security System, VIP RS3200 Plus (PIO)
    VS Stability Control, Vehicle • Standard & XR 2WD w/Auto Trans
    AW Wheels, 16" Aluminum
    RW Wiper, Intermittent Rear Window

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGINE 4-Cyl, 1.8 Liter
    TRANSMISSION Automatic
    TIRES (4) P205/55R16
    It makes sense that the AWD would have a drive shaft bolt to tighten. Thanks for the tip. So far I really love the Matrix.
    You gave us all that info but not the price before TT/L and any additional fees????
  • fishcar1fishcar1 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a Matrix XR 4WD for my wife. The passenger side airbog is enabled by a weight sensor in the seat... enabled when an adult sits in the seat, disabled when a child sits in the seat. Can anybody point me to a site that gives the weight threshold for this sensor?

So far, the salesman told me 60 lbs, I saw a post somewhere on this board that said 80 lbs, but the service dept at our dealer said 20 lbs (seems to low to me).

I tried searching the forum... but haven't manage to pull any useful info, yet.

Thanks!
  • minnesota2minnesota2 Member Posts: 1
    We've been told we can order VSC on an automatic 2WD but not a manual. ABS does come on an XR, but again a special order not the production build. Why Toyota wouldn't make ABS and rear air bags standard on all its models is a mystery. It sounds like you may have encountered a lazy dealer.
    Supposedly, getting a Toyota special order completed in a reasonably timely manner happens most easily if you go through a dealer with a very large inventory of cars ordered every month.

1. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

2. How do you determine what the largest volume Toyota dealers are in your area? (In my case, living in South Bend, Indiana, any place within 2 or 3 hours of me, which would include Chicago, Indianapolis, and Fort Wayne would work.)

3. Is there a way to see the volume at a dealer for a particular model?

Bud H
  • capitanocapitano Member Posts: 509
    I can answer some of the questions you have.

After 25,000 miles in 2 years I have had nothing break on my car. It has been damaged (door dings, rock chips) but no failures.

Mine is the XRS with the higher output engine. I've gotten 32 mpg on the highway and averaged 27 mpg in mixed driving when I lived in Virginia. Here in Miami I can still get 32+ on the highway, but sitting at lights with the AC running brings my city mileage down to 20.

I drove a little in ice and snow and the Matrix seemed no better or worse than any number of other cars I have driven.

The one condition that irks me the most is the wet. I am not sure of the root cause, but starting from a stoplight or stopsign gets me a lot a wheel spin. My tires have decent tread left in the front, so it might just be the way the manual transmission delivers power to the front wheels. An automatic might be better in this regard.

I think you should be able to do 200k trouble-free miles in a Matrix provided you get the scheduled maintenance done. Oil changes and transmission fluid changes may drive you nuts if you are doing them frequently enough, but you'll be asking for trouble if you don't. Do them by mileage and not time.
    I can add a couple of comments to the previous post. We have an '03 4WD, purchased in August 2002. Just under 30K on the odometer at present.

4WD is not peppy, but adequate in my opinion. With ABS it handles really well on snow and ice. Fuel efficiency is less than with the FWD. We have cracked 30 mph on the highway a few times. No less than 22 mpg driving around town. Overall gas mileage thus far about 26.5 mpg.

Not much has gone wrong with this car. Had a door handle replaced just before the warranty expired due to peeling chrome covering. When it was new they replaced the headlight sensor relay after I learned of a TBS through this forum, and that took care of a problem with the headlights turning themselves on and off too frequently.

Also when it was brand new I found a couple of little plastic cups under each side of the car that the dealer claimed didn't come from the car. But people in this forum speculated that they had been used during transport of the car and the dealer hadn't removed them when they prepped the car.

That's about it for problems. My daughter wrecked a fender and knocked off a mirror when backing out of the garage. But that's not the car's fault.

But one issue that used to come up frequently is comfort of driving position. I don't know if the sterring wheel has been extended in recent model years, but for the 2003 I don't find the Matrix terribly comfortable to drive over long distances. (I am 5'10", my wife is 5'3" and has no complaints.) So be sure to take a nice long test drive. The seats themselves are comfortable; the issue is with the driving position and lack of a terribly useful armrest.
  • capitanocapitano Member Posts: 509
    Forgot to addess that in my previous post. The longest trip I've taken in the Trix was 2 and half days from Richmond, Va to Miami, FL. If it had just been me, I would have taken less time, but I was in a convoy with my wife and she prefers not to drive at night. I had no significant comfort issues on that trip. YMMV.
    Those little "plastic cups"... Check under the car on the frame in front of the rear wheel area and see if there are is a "hole" on each side of the "frame"...if there is....that's what where those "plastic cups" are supposed to be in order to help "noise supression". I forget if this applies to the area on the frame behind the front wheel area also??
  • haikunaluhaikunalu Member Posts: 8
    Is it possible to easily fit a bicycle ,without dismantling it, into the Matrix ? Im looking for a car for my wife with good mpgs that can hold a bicycle. She has rheumatoid arthritis and limited lifting capacity. Any ideas or feedback?
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    My touring bike fits in the back; fenders, rack and all. No need to take out wheels or anything.
    But it's still a pain in the neck because you have to muscle the bike holding on to one end... I don't have arthritis, and I don't like to do it...

The easiest thing to do is probably a nice trunk rack for $100 or so. The bike won't be secure, but it'll be easy to take on and off.

Good luck,
    -Mathias
  • icdchessicdchess Member Posts: 83
    Considering either a Matrix or Vibe 4WD for my next car. I would probably get a fully loaded version. Is there any reason to buy one over the other besides the proximity and reputation of the individual dealer?
    Thanks!
    Steve
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Other than price, looks, and options, the only real difference is that the Matrix carries Toyota's better warranty. But since they are both Toyotas, this probably is not a real issue. Some people claim the Matrix is better because it is built in Ontario, which has better quality than the Fremont CA plant.
  • icdchessicdchess Member Posts: 83
    What are the warranty differences between the two?
    Steve
  • tully2tully2 Member Posts: 1
    I would NEVER buy this car if I could go back and do it over again! I have a lemon and the dealership won't replace it! I bought one of the first toyota matrix that came out in 2002 (the 2003 model) and have had nothing but problems ever since.

This first things that started happening were comsetic things that keep falling off or apart- drawers falling out, pannels falling off, chrome falling off. then the AC stopped working. It went in 3 times for that repair. Now the engine and transmission aren't working and the dealership won't fix it because it's now 5,000miles past warrenty. I have done all the oil changes and taken good care of this car and it has amounted to nothing!

I expected more from toyota and I also expected a new engine and transmission in a new car to last longer than 3 years!
    I also purchased one of the first Matrix vehicles. Ran flawless until the day I sold it (it had 40,000 miles on it). No longer needed 2 vehicles. In fact it was one solid, well made car. How many miles do you have on the Matrix? Isn't there a 60,000 mile warranty on the powertrain? Just to confirm, the motor and transmission are both no longer functionning with only 65,000 miles on the car and the maintenance was done at the required intervals. If that's the case, don't waste your money on lottery tickets. You are not a lucky person.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    They both have 3 year, 36k bumper to bumper, but the Toyota nameplate gives you 5 year, 60k on the powertrain. Since it is really a Corolla powertrain, it is extremely solid and reliable. Consumer Reports and JD Power consistently rate the reliability as the best possible, and the vast majority of everyone agrees with this. So I guess what I am saying is that the warranty difference is not a big issue.

Another difference (in my area at least) is that there are a lot of Vibes compared to Matrix, so if you don't want the same car as everyone else, this could be a factor.
  • mfunkatronmfunkatron Member Posts: 6
    What sort of MPG do you imagine a 2005 manual Matrix would get in the Los Angeles area?
    My commute is about 25 miles each way and I spend a good amount of time on the 405 and 101 freeways which can be packed or moving relatively quickly.

Thanks
  • pastormartxpastormartx Member Posts: 1
    Hey, my daughter went to Pepperdine and now lives in LA! Hope you love it as much as she does!

My 2006 Automatic Matrix gives me GREAT mileage. avg. 38 mpg hwy (not like the 405 or 101 though) and 30 mpg in city. With a manual you'd probably get close to my figures.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Since that link is pointing at a post that had to be removed, I need to use this opportunity to make a request about adding images to your posts. Images that are about 500 pixels wide or less are absolutely fine, but images that are larger than that start to push the message area under the right sidebar and make it difficult to read the postings here.

If you have a large image that needs to be seen full size to truly be appreciated, a better solution is to post a link to the image rather than insert it in your post. That way, others can view the image in a separate window and we avoid the margin problem.

Thanks!

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles
  • nettronettro Member Posts: 1
    Here is a email I wrote the toyota company. Just a note: They brag about quality, but I wonder where that is with the service:

Hello there,

We bought a Toyota Matrix in March of 04. We were excited as it was
    our first new car. We refinanced our home so that we could do this. It
    cost us about $18,900.00 or so. We got the whole works with the alloy
    wheels, cruise, and so on. We were very excited thinking that we were
    getting a car from the quality that Toyota brags about. We had looked
    at cars from Honda, Hyundia, Suzuki, etc. But went with the Toyota.

My dad, whom loves toyotas... and had given my wife and I about 8
    years ago a 1976 toyota corolla with about 250,000 miles on it -which
    has since finally died. I was impressed! He and my mother now own a
    Rav4 and also an Avalon... He has always bragged about the toyota and
    their quality.

We wanted a reliable car that could get us from here - Superior, Wi. -
    to there -Yuma Az. where my parents live. And to be able to drive
    without the headaches of having a used car. We drove that car to Az -
    which was about a 2500 mile trip. So 5000 in all there and back. It
    seemed to get great gas mileage with Me, my wife, my daughter, and some
    luggage in back. It was a great city car. It seemed to handle very
    well. WE LOVED IT! Well, till the problems started:

Throughout the year I noticed that my seat started to sqeak. It
    started to annoy me. Whenever I would move, it would squeak. I also
    started to get a rattle on one of the sides of the windshield. Then I
    started thinking that maybe this was cheaper quality than I thought.
    But nevertheless was still a reliable Toyota. They replaced that arm
    part by the drivers windshield side. I was happy -TILL IT STARTED TO
    RATTLE AGAIN. I brought it back and they put some stuffing or something
    there to make it stop. WOW! I havent got my seat fixed yet though -
    still sqeaks sometimes.

I then started to get a leak in what seemed to be in the area of the
    oil pan. It was dripping on my garage floor and staining it. I got
    concerned and brought the car in. They told me that it had needed an
    o-ring for something with the transmission. I ok'd it and they got the
    new 0-ring and put it in. It wasn't long after that I noticed it
    leaking again. I brought the car back in and they told me that my oil
    filter was loose and that it was dripping from there. They had changed
    the oil previous to this. Once again... thought it was fixed. I had
    to bring it in again today because it has been leaking again in that
    same area. They claim that it is the power steering pump and that they
    ordered a new one for the car and would call me when it comes in so that
    they can replace that. I hate driving thinking that something is wrong
    with this almost 1.5 year old car. This is almost brand new.. it should
    be a LOT better than this!

About 5-6 times throughtout owning this vehical, I have had times when
    it would not start right away. It would just crank over and not
    "catch". But after a couple tries it starts. This is not an everyday
    occurance. But it does happen periodically. It does finally start in
    those times. THIS CONCERNS ME considering that I have about 31000 miles
    on it and my bumper to bumper warranty is going to expire soon.

My wife and I are very upset at owning what is supposed to be a very
    reliable car! We are now seeing that we can't have the confidence in
    being able to drive this car without worrying that something is going to
    happen. Maybe we should have gone with something else. I start to
    wonder if maybe we were given a lemon that the dealership was trying to
    get rid of and pawned it on us. Maybe not... but if we can't get this
    fixed and have the quality of car that Toyota brags about, than maybe we
    have to go to another car... maybe Honda, Hyundia, or whatever and let
    others know what has happend to us. My dad has bought your cars for as
    long as I know.

MY WIFE AND I ARE VERY DISAPOINTED AND UPSET! WE SHOULD NOT HAVE
    THESE PROBLEMS WITH A NEW CAR!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN WE REFINANCED OUR HOME
    TO GET IT! WE EXPECTED MORE!

We are hoping that this letter will not be ignored!

VERY DISAPPOINTED! :mad:
    I special ordered two months ago a 2006 Matrix (2WD XR model) with Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, and Option Package #1 (which does not include a moonroof). I need to stay away from the moonroof because the extra 1.7 inches of extra headroom is precious.

I was contacted today by the dealer to tell me that there is no way that Toyota will make the setup I requested (despite it within normal combinations allowed).

So what was the issue that kept me from getting my special order fulfilled? I thought it might be the VSC on a 2WD model.

But amazingly, I was told there was no way to get Toyota to put antilock brakes on a 2006 XR 2WD Matrix without the Extra Value Package #2 which includes 16" alloy wheels w/ P205/55R16 tires, cruise control, integrated foglamps, color-keyed front/rear underbody spoilers, and (unfortunately) a moonroof.

This is 2005. Anything above a base model, especially with any option package, should be including ABS!!! I'm certainly disappointed.

Also, I was also told Toyota is suffering somewhat of a shortage of engines for Corollas and Matrix's (Matrices?). They aren't spending much time with any special orders on either of these vehicles due to normal demand.

Bud H

2006 TOYOTA MATRIX XR 2WD (AUTO)

1912 2WD Sport Matrix Wagon 4-Door (Auto)
    8P4 Indigo Ink Pearl (exterior color)
    FB13 Stone (cloth interior)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Z1 Accessory Pkg, Preferred (PIO)
    SP Extra Value Pkg #1 - (includes Cruise Control, Color-Keyed Front/Rear Underbody Spoilers, Integrated Foglamps)
    CK All Weather Guard Package
    PO Power Pkg
    AB Braking System, F&R Anti-Lock
    EF Bumper Protector, Rear (PIO)
    C1 Cargo Mat (PIO)
    CF Floor Mats, F&R (PIO)
    EV Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash
    BE Restraint System, F&R Head Curtain & Front Side Impact Air Bag
    V5 Security System, VIP RS3200 Plus (PIO)
    VS Stability Control, Vehicle . Standard & XR 2WD w/Auto Trans
    AW Wheels, 16" Aluminum
    RW Wiper, Intermittent Rear Window
    TIRES (4) P205/55R16
    I notice what I consider a lot of vibration in my 2006 Martix (Base model automatic). I had the door open with the engine idling in park and I can feel the vibration in the door. I can fell it in the seats when idling also. Is this normal for the Martix? I realize it is not a Cadillac and I can deal with it if it is normal or should I mention it to the dealer?

Thankx, Nick