Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Freelander

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The '07 model will be equipped with a 3.0-liter V6 engine and will provide a much more comfortable ride and more spacious interior than the current vehicle."

2007 Land Rover Freelander Heads to Paris (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    you beat me to it. i think it looks great.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • dudfreelanderdudfreelander Member Posts: 1
    I would recommend you push for the dealership to do something about it while it's still under warranty. I own a 99 Freelander. Last Thursday it broke down on my way to work. It had to be towed to LR, the next day I had received a bill for AUS $4,600 parts and $2,800 for service. My car have never been off road, have only done 52,000kms. The list of things that needs to be repaired are huge, headgaskit and clutch kit are the two major things that needs doing. For a car that is so seldom used, this should not have happened. LR is not taking any responsibilities. Even though many complaints have been made about headgasket problems all over the internet. Have a look at the attached site about someone making a complaint to the ACCC. http://home.austarnet.com.au/edwardsonline/freelanderheadgasket/accc.htm
    Anyways good luck, I don't think I will buy another Land Rover again after this experience. Even if the car was in working order, the depreciation on them just make the car not worth buying.
  • lakewoodlakewood Member Posts: 26
    I am pursuing legal action on my 2005 Freelander based on US lemon laws. I had over 50 days out of service in the first year. The law recognizes 20 days out of service as a concern or lemon. The experience you all are having does not encourage me.
    Does anyone out there have enough miles on a US Freelander gas engine to comment on engine life? I am now at 13,000 miles; it's a baby yet. I know the LR Discovery is running over 200,000 miles around here. People seem to love 'em (Discovery).
    My 2005 Freelander transmission was replaced for a similar issue. It "raced" btween either 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. I think it was 1 and 2. Very hard to reproduce for the dealer. So far, my time in service is 86% of the time owned.
    Loving my Freelander again. :shades: Performance is so good with the replaced transmission. I wish it could have been sooner. Only time will tell where I really am but, I am enjoying this car. Maybe, a 2007 redesign would be a good option. I am considering it. I stay with the breed and get to take advantage of the new design. The X-type Jags I had as loaners had the Ford Cleveland 230 hp V-6 and a similar Jatco transmission to the Freelander. They performed nice together. The speculation on the web is that this is the drivetrain coming. The stability control on the Jag saved me in Western New York one dark snowy night from the :sick: . It took over on the second manual correction on ice and snow. I can't say if a conventional system would have allowed recovery. I am all for stability control. Six airbags is a good idea in case all else fails..... :P
  • busta5busta5 Member Posts: 9
    So.....if I am reading your posts correctly, this is your 2nd transmission on this car and you are happy? Please tell me you are not paying for these! 13,000m only? I found a remedy for this problem, sell it and buy a Honda.
    #910 of 941 LR Freelander 2005 Trans Fails by lakewood Mar 08, 2006 (3:58 am)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    I am pursuing a buy-back of my 2005 LR says NO so far. They want to be difficult. I hired lawyers now. I have had 51 days out of service in 10 mos.. After a new transmission was installed reverse is rough. They tested it. Missed a detail in testing. The dealer in Solon polite and says LR corporate won't authorize parts. Not much more to say. After over 30 days in the shop, I called an hour later for a new appointment.
    No, we don't pay for warranty work.
    aren't you concerned that you have replaced the trans TWICE in 13,000 miles/it doesn't look good for the future. Wether you have paid for it or not, I think I would be very concerned. :surprise:
    Only one trans. failed.
    Jeff
  • cpalfreycpalfrey Member Posts: 1
    Hi there:

My IRD has boken . Did landrover pay for this defect? Is there any recourse?

Thanks
    Carol
    2007 Land Rover - Name change (Straightline)

Steve, Host
    They can change the name but it is still a heap of junk. :sick:
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    My understanding is that the new Freelander/LR2 is meant to be a really good vehicle.

The challenge for Landrover is that they have completely alienated what could have been a loyal buying base. It's one thing for the Freelander to be so bad, but it's quite another for the company and dealerships to lose out on loyalty purchases by treating existing cusotmers this poorly.

We leased our Freelander and turned it in with 19k miles after 39 months of use.
    Dealer: "You didn't like this car very much did you?"
    Me: "umm... no... not really."
    Dealer: "What Landrover would you like to replace this with?"
    Me: "Your kidding right?"
    Dealer: "No, seriously, the LR3 is a great vehicle."
    Me: "It might be, I really need something more reliable."
    Dealer: "Is that your new BMW out there?"
    Me: "Yep...."
    Dealer: "Oh... ok. Those are good cars to"
    Me: "Yep... and they take care of their customers"
    Dealer: "We do to"
    Me: Just Looks at dealer for reality check
    Dealer: "Yeh... ok maybe not"
  • stevenzozstevenzoz Member Posts: 8
    We have a 2002 Freelander S with 36,000+ miles on it and have had no problems what-so-ever. :shades:
  • ashleighcashleighc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,
    New to the site. I just had a horrible experience from the dealership... brought in my freelander... knew the tie rods were worn, tried to tell me it was tire pressure.

There is a lot of talk about transmissions and engines... Currently working my way through 54,000 Km (bought used only had for it for 3 months) and want to know what to look for before I run out of warranty.
    (expected in 26K)

Are there any other key signs or symptoms that are tell tale for these two problems?

Cheers
    Ashleigh
  • ianannianann Member Posts: 2
    If you are a US owner you have mercifully been spared the "joys" of ownership of a 1.8 litre petrol powered Freelander. Had this model been released in the US I can only muse as to whether Land Rover would have still been in business. For interest refer almost any non US forum. Head/Head-gasket/wet-sleeve-cylinder-block/coolant/circulation design issues combined to make the 1.8 K series petrol engine essentially a "consumable". For issues with your particular engine I suggest you look at the many Land Rover/Freelander Forums.
    The transmission is a somewhat different issue being common to all Freelanders regardless of engine type and size. The villain in the piece is the "viscous coupling" which is a purely mechanical self actuating device fitted to the transmission shaft between the front and rear axles systems.
    In principle it is a simple clever device which allows the car to act as a front wheel drive car on hard surfaces, reacting to wheel slippage on soft surfaces, "locking up" and converting the car to so-called 4 wheel drive.
    The problem is that especially on earlier Freelanders this coupling gradually locked up permanently and driving the car on normal hard surfaces causes "transmission windup" which causes excessive load on and excessive wear and eventual failure of the rear diff and its support structures and the front Intermediate Reduction Drive. The early symptom is a general tightening and sometimes near stall as the vehicle reverses slowly on tight steering lock. This is often accompanied by the rear tires scrubbing and jumping and not surprisingly very rough tyre wear. Tweaking the diff ratios has apparently minimized the problem but the viscous coupling seems to be inherently suspect.
    Sorry to be a bit long winded but thats my 2 cents worth.
    Cheers
    Ian H
  • cstoltzcstoltz Member Posts: 8
    Bear with me here.... As I was driving on the highway this afternoon - I noticed that my AC wasn't working too well (or not at all). I didn't pay too much attention since "little" things break down regularly on my LR. I went to the store, came out 30 minutes later and started my car.... again thinking... "I wonder why the AC isn't working". Well, 5 minutes later I notice white smoke/steam coming out from under my hood! This causes me to look at my temp guage which was all the way to HOT!!! I immediately pulled over and called the LR dealership who suggested I have the car towed. As it was 5:45pm on the start of a 3-day weekend - I full well knew that no one would be at the dealership by the time I would be towed in. I decided to wait 10 minutes or so and drive to my husband's office (only a mile or so away). Again, the cars temp guage rocketed to HOT - but this time no steam. The car will be towed to the dealership next week - but before it goes in I was hoping to get some suggestions on WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED!! By the way, I only have 34,000 miles or so AND I had my 36,000 mile service (a little early) in March. I am open to any and all suggestions as my car saavy is sadly lacking. Thanks!!!
  • sacstate1sacstate1 Member Posts: 189
    Sounds like your thermostat has stuck open.

My advice is to leave it at your husbands office with the keys in the ignition, doors unlocked and if lucky when you return next week it will be gone.
    While your leave-the-keys-and-run advice sound wise, we had the car towed to the dealership (thank you AAA). The diagnosis is, as you suspected, a broken thermostat - which caused the coolant not to circulate - which caused the car to overheat - which caused the intake gasket on the engine to blow. And to think the service guy on Friday asked me to drive my car into the dealership - I may have been looking at a whole new engine had I followed his advice! YIKES! We are currently working with LR North America to see if they will cover the repairs as I am only 4 months out of warrenty (AND have had ALL my services done on TIME BY the DEALERSHIP). Any advice out there on dealing with LRNA? It also sounds like this is a known issue as I have found multiple posts with similar tales of woe. c.
    My Freelander went back. It was not easy. I gave up on it and started with arbitration, then lawyers. I had more than 50 days out of service last year. Notable is that buy-back took lawyers and had delays. I am still waiting to get the money out I had in it. Every step takes a month or more. I am possibly afraid to buy the LR3 and afraid to say much. It is possible but, expect to work hard to give any car back at any manufacturer. Failures: trans., tail light leak, center arm rest snap, crushed wiring harness when new trans installed, missing bolt after new trans installed, 5 visits to prove trans failed. 39 days to replace trans.. Suspect head gaskets were starting to leak coolant, added 10 oz. after some amount of time. Used 3/4 quart of oil in 3000 miles. I was carefully checking fluids to be sure I did not have any fluid leaks or seize the engine by surprise as some have alleged. I was going to take the best care possible of this vehicle which I liked. Maybe, if the LR3 was ready, I would try one.
    Land Rover is a tough company. That means if you buy it, it is your's and your problem. That is my experience. It could take 10 years for them to get loyalty and beat the bad press. JD Powers rates them low. In contrast a sister division Jaguar is rated in the top 25%. Jaguar is not perfect in reputation but, apparently customer service is better. Maybe, Land Rover can make a comeback, too. I like the design; Just not the service.
    How nice that LRNA paid for half!! They aren't doing anything for me despite the fact that I am only months out of warrenty and below 35,000 miles. I am also learning the "hard way" that my '02 S is slowly becoming a money pit. My car has been at the dealership for over two weeks now and although they "fixed" what they said was a broken thermostat (which caused overheating and then a blown intake gasket), they have now discovered that the heater core is leaking coolant and will need to be replaced (again). This part was ALREADY replaced about two years ago (under warrenty)!! When talking with the dealership about the status of my care, the customer service rep fully admitted over the phone that the '02 FLs are KNOWN to have chronic coolant issues. The only good to come out of this, is that the service manager IS going to cover the costs for the new heater core (although not the blown gasket/broken temp guage). Hopefully, the third time is the charm. It may be too late, but I am going to look into extended warrenties - or a new car.
    "Land Rover has just introduced the all-new LR2. The LR2 is the replacement for the Freelander. Among the improvements are a larger 3.2L V6; a 6-speed automatic, which offers a manual shift mode; and Land Rover's unique Terrain Response permanent AWD."

All-new Land Rover LR2 (Straightline)

Check out the 2008 Land Rover LR2 discussion for more.

Steve, Host
  • wayneowayneo Member Posts: 3
    My Freelander went in for some minor repairs under warranty
    like a bad left rear turn signal, left speaker and bad temperature gauge. Turns out that the temperature gauge was not the trouble. The diagnosis is, as you suspected, a broken thermostat - which caused the coolant not to circulate - which caused the car to overheat - which caused the intake gasket on the engine to blow. The dealer told me it was my fault because I didn't have a 24,000 mile check up. Where is it written that a $650.00-24,000 mile check up is mandatory? After 4 days they replaced the engine and I was on my way. Three days later the car overheat. The dealer sent a tow truck to my rescue and a rent-a-car. The problem was a clamp failed and all the anti-freeze leaked out. I never heard of a clamp failing,only a mechanic failing to install or tighten a clamp. I called LR and requested an extended warranty on the engine. Guess what, because my warranty had 6 months left on it, they refused to issue an extended 1 year warranty which they normally due if the date is less than six months left on the original warranty. If a company knows this is an inherent problem why are they so stubborn to remedy the situation? The dealer says, wait till January and he can sell me the new LR2. Fat,chance!
    Customer service is the key in this business, without it all autos are the same. The NTHSA will not do anything because there have not been enough problems reported. I would like to send them a list of all the Head Gasket problems on the Freelanders and make LR give a damm about its customers.
  • gocargogocargo Member Posts: 1
    So I dont want to be skeptical because I really have enjoyed my little freelander... But recently I have been driving the car and this strange electrical noise starts and lights on the dash board flicker. Then the other day I was driving it and the noise became very intense and all the lights possible lit up on the dash board and the car completely died. It wouldn't turn on for another ten minutes or so. Then is started up and I was able to make it back home with little problem but the noise comes and goes. (this was all over the course of this weekend. After brining it into the dealership their response was they could find nothing wrong. I am nervous to drive this car on the highway in fear it could just stop again. .... Any advice or help would be great! :confuse:
  • thewolfesthewolfes Member Posts: 3
    We just came across your post, we have a 2003 Freelander with all the same problems. It has been a nightmare and dealing with LR is a waist of time. Our Dealership has been zero help at all, in the past 3 years not once have they found a problem without us physically driving them and pointing it out. We just filed with the BBB today. We have contacted a lawyer as well. There has to be something we can all do together about LR!!?? Any suggestions? :mad: :lemon:
  • newdaynewday Member Posts: 4
    Wow. I thought I was simply unlucky. In the past year, my '02 SE has had every problem listed. It is a complete money pit. It regularly misfires, making it completely unreliable. I have spent more money than I want to think about trying to get it fixed. Now, it needs lifters...$$$$. I still have 1 year of payments before this lemon is paid for. I have 70K on it so the dealer does not want to know me. Driving with the AirCo on is not an option as it overheats regularly. My neighbors ask why I add coolant every other morninig before going to work. I reply, because I need to drive to work to pay for this lemon. My (heated) front windshield developed a hairline crack while driving. By the time I drove home, the windscreen was cracked in several places. Have I mentioned that BOTH passenger rear windows got stuck in the down position? Had to replace both rear window motors. I must have put those windows down 12 times total, how did they break? Using the sunroof is not an option either, as it gets stuck open. I drive to and from work every day with only the front windows open, even when it's 102 degrees F outside. I will never again buy another Land Rover product.
    Sorry to hear that there are others suffering through the "Great Freelander Debacle". I guess our only options are to A) sell the car or B) continue to pay for costly repairs. I think the most frustrating issue for me is that LRNA MUST be aware of these chronic issues (I had 3 out of 4 window regulators go out as well... but I was still under warranty) and they refuse to do anything about them. In my opinion, LRNA and many of the dealerships have the WORST customer service/satisfaction I have EVER dealt with. I too, will NEVER purchase another LR product.
  • thewolfesthewolfes Member Posts: 3
    We are also in the process of trying to get our 2003 SE bought back from LR or the dealer. LR says that it is not eligble for the buy-back program and the dealer (Bill Jacobs Land Rover of Naperville Illinois) is of no help. We have had multiple problems including the replacement of our transmission very early on. In fact, we continue to have problems with our transmission, but it is like pulling teeth to get the dealership to recognize. We are filing a case with the BBB Auto Line which we hope goes to arbitration.

Can you share with me how you ultimately got LR to buy back the car? Was it through the arbitration process? What research did you do to prepare your case? I am really trying to demonstrate that LR sold us a car that would eventually have problems. We are really trying to dump the car.

Anything you could share or offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  • KicKMan1KicKMan1 Member Posts: 45
    Unless you know the ins and outs of the litigation process, you should consider getting a lawyer if you're serious about pursuing a buy-back. LRNA--or any car maker for that matter--will not take a consumer's complaint seriously, unless there's a lawyer involved and a threat of exposure to a lawsuit. Even then, they will fight you hard. I know of a lady here in Colorado who is suing LRNA right now (on her own). LR has hired some big gun lawyers of their own, and are slowly beating this woman into submission.

Do some searches on lemon law or consumer law attorneys in your area. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to handle it alone.
  • barbara6barbara6 Member Posts: 10
    WOW! Are you lucky!! My 2002 Freelander SE has been nothing but trouble.
    Are you from Lakewood NEW JERSEY? If so, I am interested in where you bought your Freelander.....
    I would LOVE if we could all get together against this lemon from LandRover. They are supposed to be a quality manufacturer. I am so disappointed in all the problems I have with my Freelander.....
  • dennis25dennis25 Member Posts: 1
    I have had a couple of Freelanders and the current one is the TD4 diesel which actually uses a BMW engine, it's a 2002 model with manual gears (like most European cars) and it has done 72000 miles. I have had absolutely no problems with it and the TD4 is well known here for being reliable. By contrast I understand that the petrol engine versions (especially the 1.8) suffer from blown head gaskets. The TD4 is a dream to drive and like most modern diesels are very clean and quiet (You wouldn't know that you are in a diesel). Over here the dealer network is good but very expensive (just like mercedes or BMW) but since a lot of UK farmers use Landrover (especially the Defender)there are lots of small cheaper independent garages which specialise in them. The Freelander 2 looks interesting but will probably be expensive as Landrover are pushing their products upmarket.
  • edmendezedmendez Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone investigated the possiblity of a class action lawsuit? My Freelander 2002 SE has 29,000 miles on it and overheated due to a slipped sleeve in the piston - A new engine is needed at the tune of $6,500!!! It seems to me that better customer service and product backing is the least they can do - given that these are well known problems. A suit would likely reveal that Land ROver new about these problems all along, but has chosen not to recall or do anything about it. Fresh grounds for a suit.
  • calycaly Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am updating my post #846 to let let you know how our problem was solved. After all the problems with our 02 Freelander I did a lot of searching and found a Lemon law lawyer in the NJ,Pa area. We sent in all of our service reports. I also sent certified letters letters to Ford and copies to all dealer management from where we purchased the truck. After the lawyer is involved the ball starts rolling. Now the phone calls from Landrover come in after they did not want to listen earlier. The case was settled I think more because they just wanted to get rid of us. Not being able to look anyone in the eye and sell them a hunk of junk and afraid they would come back with revenge if we sold it privately we traded it in. On the way to trade it in we had to stop and pull up the back passenger window it kept falling down. So we knew there would be problems again. With the money we received plus the trade we bought a Honda CRV. It is not as comfortable and nice but it starts every day and has not been in the shop at all. I do feel very sorry for the poor soul that bought our 02 freelander. Be aggressive and I hope this information can help someone else with their problems. Thank You, Chris
    How did you qualify under lemon law?? I have looked into this option as well, but found that due to the car being out of warrenty and over 2 year old that we didn't qualify. My '02 has been nothing but problems as well... sitting in the shop right now actually needing a NEW TRANSMISSION with only 37,000 miles. We have been waiting for 3 weeks for LRNA to call us back and to no avail. I would appreciate any additional advice you would like to pass along and also the name/number of the attorney you used. Thanks. c.
    Please mark your email public in your profile or set up your CarSpace page and use your CarSpace email account for passing the contact info back and forth instead of posting phone numbers in the discussion. Thanks.
  • calycaly Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I posted my number on the site would be easier if you just called me. I'll be going away at the end of the Month so try to catch me during the week before than. Thank You, Chris
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    Hi Guys,
    I'm not condoning Land Rover and had my share of troubles with our 2002 SE, but if it's causing you so much personal grief, why not take the loss and move on? I know it's hard to do and goes against principles and stuff, but you'll feel so much better afterward.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
  • profesrgeoprofesrgeo Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,

A very disconcerting event occurred last night to my daughters 2002 Freelander. While driving along on flat dry pavement at 25-30 mph the antilock brakes engaged with just a slight touch to the brake pedal bringing the car to a sudden halt in the middle of the street. The brakes are locked and will not release. Any Ideas on why this happenred and how to unlock the brakes so i can have the vehicle towed to the dealer for service? I shudder to think what might have happpened if this occurred at highway speeds.

Thanks in advance.

George
  • kargiropoliskargiropolis Member Posts: 1
    We have an '02 Freelander S. At 72K miles, that thing has more leaks than a baby does in a 2-day old diaper. It's a miserable car to maintaince. Considering that LR was trying to appeal to people who may have also been considering small SUV's from Hyundai, KIA, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, etc., they CERTAINLY did not consider that people shopping in those price points would be thinking "What will the new timing belt change cost?"

Think again - $2K! That's right. Two grand for a belt change. At the dealership, no less.

We put a new tranny in it at 47K, and are now having the seals in the rear axel fixed. WE HATE THE MAINTAINCE COSTS FOR THIS THING!

Gawd, I can't wait to trade this thing. :lemon:
  • hotwirehotwire Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I've had terrible problems with my Freelander. This is the letter I wrote to Land Rover of North America...I'm considering some type of class action against them. Thanks for reading. Lora

I have owned a 2003 Land Rover Freelander S since October 17th, 2003 and I can say I fear for my life while operating the vehicle due to the overwhelming hazards associated with the automobile. Your automobile has not only been an inconvenience with the number of times it has broken down but has cost me valuable time and money.

The vehicle has broken down 13 times in the past 18 months.

October 11th, 2006 – This was a truly horrifying experience for me. The engine lost power but the tachometer raced into the red zone. I was traveling about 60 MPH on and interstate. I was pulling over to the right shoulder and suddenly the vehicle regained power and shot off down the shoulder. Imagine if I went down an embankment and died or perhaps I shot into other vehicles? In addition to this, my engine thermometer showed the engine was running hot and steam started rolling out from underneath the hood. Mileage 42,040

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – REPLACED HOSE, REPLACED FAULTY WINDOW REGULATOR.

October 26th, 2006 – This was another frightening episode regarding the engine racing out of control. I was driving at about 30 MPH when the car lost power but the engine was racing out of control. The tachometer was almost reaching the red zone. Let me ask, if somehow the engine had engaged again, would I have been so lucky again to keep control of the vehicle? How does the death of your customer or other drivers weigh on your minds Land Rover of North America? Mileage 41,430

The vehicle was towed to the Land Rover dealer. I explained via phone I was frightened to operate the vehicle and reiterated that point when I picked up the vehicle from the service department. I spoke to one of the service representatives and also asked the service Manager to contact me.

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – TRACED TO FAULTY THROTTLE BODY. REPLACED THROTTLE BODY.

August 15th, 2006 – The vehicle would not start again today. I cancelled all of my appointments and waited for the tow truck (again). Mileage 40,093

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – STARTER FOUND CRANKING TOO SLOW AND SMOKING. TRACED INTERMITTEN FAILURE TO FUSE BOX. REPLACED ENGINE FUSE BOX & STARTER ASSEMBLY.

July 27th, 2006 – Again, the vehicle would not start. Mileage 40,371

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – DIAGNOSES TRACED TO FAULTY IGNITION SWITCH. REPLACED IGNITION SWITCH AND RETESTED OPERATION.

May 15th, 2006 – This time the vehicle would only start after the fifth or sixth time. It was towed to the Land Rover dealer. This time it was big news. The original Land Rover engine had broken down so many times, it was time to replace it with a new one. I thought, “Maybe this will be the end of my problems”. Obviously, not….. Mileage 37,525

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – INTAKE MANIFOLD REPLACED AND REPLACED THE ENGINE.

February 16th, 2006 – It broke down again. There’s a strange smell coming from the vehicle. Mileage 35,160

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – REPLACED GASKETS AND THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY.

January 20th, 2006 – Today the vehicle was overheating again. I’ve still been adding coolant every one to two days. Thank god I didn’t need to have the vehicle towed, that saved me a few hours of lost productivity. Miles 34,206

DROVE THE VEHICLE TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE - REPLACED COOLANT BOTTLE CAP. RENEWED UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD. REPLACED BREAK LIGHTS. DROVE THE VEHICLE 134 MILES.

January 18th, 2006 – The vehicle lost power today along with my power steering. It was a frightening experience. I was traveling downhill so was able to pull into a parking lot while I waited for the tow truck. Mileage 34,748

TOWED TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – FOUND THROTTLE BODY TO BE FOULED.

November 25th, 2005 – Now the vehicle overheats at random moments. I’m not sure if the vehicle is safe to drive. There’s also coolant leaking from under the car, not a good sign. Mileage 33,059

DROVE THE VEHICLE TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE - LEAKING UPPER RADIATOR HOSES, OVERFLOW BOTTLE LEAKING, BY-PASS HOSE LEAKING.

February 15th, 2005 – The engine doesn’t turn over and all I hear is a clicking sound. Sometimes it starts, sometimes not. It’s frustrating. The break lights come on for no reason also there’s coolant under the car. Mileage 20,807

DROVE THE VEHICLE TO LAND ROVER OF SEATTLE – VEHICLE HAS A FAILED IGNITION SWITCH AND WEAK RELAY. REPLACED FAUTLY SWITCH AND RELAY.

VEHICLE NEEDS A COMPLETE SOFTWARE UPDATE. UPDATED SOFTWARE.

VEHICLE HAS FAULTY BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH. REPLACED BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH.

LEAK IN A COLLANT HOSE. REPAIRED LEAK AND ORERED HOSE.

ENGINE HAS FAUTS. VEHICLE HAS FAUTLY VARIABLE INTAKE ACTUATORS. REPLACED FAULTY MOTORS.
  • sufferingsuffering Member Posts: 5
    Please, Please somebody let's get started on the class action lawsuit Our transmission went out at 60,000, new sunroof, new engine, various other bad news, we have 2 loans now just to drive this 02 Freelander and absolutely no sympathy or concern from the dealer sign me up
  • sufferingsuffering Member Posts: 5
    we would certainly be interested in a class action lawsuit It would be interesting to see how many other people who are out there but just suffering silently our car was a problem from the moment we bought our dealer even admits that the 02 has hurt their reputation, but they are not willing to help us at all but very ready to charge us another big ticket