Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kellieslpkellieslp Member Posts: 6
    A dealership told us that it was 720.
  • kellieslpkellieslp Member Posts: 6
    We just bought an EX-L for 30600 OTD w/ special financing. I have been reading these posts for a while now and just wanted to let people know the lowest that I was able to get here in the DFW area. I have read lower prices on this forum but no dealer's here were willing to bite.
  • redwagondriverredwagondriver Member Posts: 1
    We used this forum to research prices and we used the email method to get bids. We just got our 2008 EXL-RES this past weekend and we feel like we got a great deal and we wanted to share.

We live in the Nashville, TN area, but we drove to Honda of Cleveland, TN where they offered us a price of $28,200 before tag and tax. OTD we paid $30,550 and that included all weather mats!! :blush:

They did not have our first choice of Nimbus Grey, but they got it for us free of charge from Atlanta. They were awesome to deal with and I can highly recommend!!! I think our price is one of the best I have seen! :D
  • mike20878mike20878 Member Posts: 60
    My wife learned her lesson with her last car and wants to get rubber mats for the Odyssey. Her heels dug a hole into the regular mats on our Jeep. Does anyone know where I can get decent mats for a good deal?

Thanks.
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    I have also been informed of 720 and 710. Dealer I am chatting with now says AHFC uses Transunion and if you come in at 710 they can typically get a customer in at the Super Prefered level with an easy bump from AHFC.
    The deal we are working on an EX lease has the deal at 26815, which the dealer claims is right around "invoice" price. Anyone know the true invoice price for the dealer and what I need to add to that- that a dealer wont typically lower? Just trying to figure out if I should try for better then the 26815 for the lease or if that is likely as low as they go.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    www.autoanything.com
    free shipping, no tax.
    sign up to receive newsletter/prom. They always send in email 40% off & "extra 10% off" ... like the service. 2 best are : WEATHERTECH (more expensive), Huskies (good custom fit & cheaper) ... both have lips on sides so hold dirt, water and snow real good
    Invoice for EX is 26,229 + destination charge -
    1,000 Honda to dealer incentive, if use Honda Finance.
    2,000 Honda to dealer incentive, if not use Honda Finance
    Thank you. So if we are doing the Honda Lease program- can we also qualify for the $1000 incentive, or would we be stuck at the $26229 + destination?

If we can not get the $1000 incentive because we are leasing then seems that the $26815 with dest included is about as good as it is going to go, yes?
  • hemant1hemant1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. This is the best quote that I have read. I have called most of the dealerships in Central Virginia, but none have come close to what you were quoetd. Please could you tell me which dealership in N Virginia gave you that quote and did you end up buying form them? Many thanks,

Hemant
    Cool, thanks!
    Just curious, how much money is the dealer still making on the sale/lease of an Odyssey EX when they set my lease up at a 26815 cap cost (beside what the leasing company gives them)- which seems to be close to Invoice with destination? I am a bit confused as to the real cost of the car for the dealer or what they get back from Honda etc. outside of the 1000/2000 honda cash incentive running now.
    I think dealers still have ways to make profit beyond we know of, imagine their overheads. For example, Honda finance will give the dealer $500 if dealer pays off a car from lease (trade-in).
  • hiyasserhiyasser Member Posts: 5
    I recieved several quotes from dealers in VA for Ex. OTD price lowest i got is 26K with 0.9% finance. Is this the best deal for EX or can i get something lower. This forum is very helpful would appreciate some inputs as Iam planning to make a move this week end.
  • liminerliminer Member Posts: 6
    Hi, that sounds like a great price to me. I live in bay area and planning to buy the EX-L w/ RES too, but the lowest quote I got is $31,200. Could you please tell me which dealship you got the deal? Thanks a lot.
  • jesterjjesterj Member Posts: 2
    Got mine (08 silver Touring) from Norm Reeves @ Cerritos as well. Looks like you got an awesome deal. My OTD was $36700 w/o wheel lock & splash guards and I was pretty happy with the # at that time (end of April 08).

Good job and enjoy your new Touring.
  • skp2skp2 Member Posts: 3
    Any one out there .. pls. post you buying experience and recent quote for EX-L
  • darthkendarthken Member Posts: 30
    I am in Minneapolis and getting quotes on an EX. Best so far is $25,040 = $27,143 OTD, although I haven't really started pushing yet. This is with the 2.9% APR, so if not taking the financing it would be $1,000 less. Anyone else out there with EX quotes?
  • lerxstlerxst Member Posts: 11
    I'm in the far northeast. Looking at the EX-L. I had a quote of $28400 and a counter from another dealer for $28,300. I'm waiting for another counter for the original dealer. Right now I think I'll be at about 30,388 OTD. Hopefully a little lower. This is also with the Honda financing offer.

This is all been done via internet sales managers. I refuse to talk to anyone on the phone or in person until the bottom line is reached. Any funny fees and I walk.
  • kdoonankdoonan Member Posts: 6
    We live in MA and just took delivery on an EX-L with RES & NAV. We paid $31KOTD after shopping 6 or 7 different dealerships. Seems like that's the bottom price. We had one dealer willing to go $200 lower if we bought off the lot but they didn't have the color we wanted and where going to charge a couple of hundred in fees so it was a wash.

HTH! Good Luck!

Oh... That price excluded us from the .9% financing. (Dealer incentive was either $2000 or $1000 w/.9% financing) We got 4.34% for 48 months from American Honda Finance.
  • tjgintxtjgintx Member Posts: 1
    Please provide name of dealer and price of vehicle (including destination) and then detail taxes and other items. I assume you went with the 0.9% "special" financing. I'm looking for an EX-L in Houston and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
    In Boston Boch's promotion starts 5/24 ends 5/30,
    # every EX model
    MSRP 29,595,
    OFF over 6,598
    SALES 22,988
  • rbellarbella Member Posts: 3
    wow, you got a really good deal! how in the world did you do it? just got back from a dealer right now to check out the memorial weekend deals, but i can't say that they're that great. the lowest i'm getting right now for ex-l w/res & nav is $33500 OTD. i don't understand why it's such a big difference... well, i guess it's also because of the high taxes we pay here in norcal. but i'm not really sure...

thanks so much for your response. hope we find a good deal this weekend! :) will let you know the hunt continues...
  • brundoggbrundogg Member Posts: 6
    Did you get the 4.34% for 48 through the dealer when you went in for pick up or was it a rate you worked seperately prior to going to the dealer? I have an outstanding credit score (799), but have only found 5.39% for 48 through USAA. The deal I worked has also precluded me from the .9 or 2.9% rates. I pick up my Ody Monday so any advice would be great. Thanks.
    I'd be curious to know if you decided to pay the $1000 more and took the 2.9%, and then paid say, an xtra $50/month on the principal, if you would get the good rate, and pay less over the long haul than 4.34% for 48 months. I'll do some math later and figure it out.
  • joey65joey65 Member Posts: 9
    I believe i got a good, maybe great, deal from a dealer in central jersey for a EX-L '08. Got it financed for 2.9 and the final price was $27,750. Extras: $199 doc fees, $7.50 tire fee and $57.00 transfer of tags... + tax. I got them down to $26,750 but went for the Honda 2.9 apr. promotion for 60months. The car is awesome and powerful. I traded in my EX-L '04 for $10k (70,000 miles) - they offered me $8300 but worked them up to $10,000.

Best deal out of 3 jersey dealers. Just thought i pass this on.
  • kakarat99xkakarat99x Member Posts: 2
    Just got an EX-L Odyssey 08 for 27,301 +TTL = 29,258 drive out. AWSEOME deal thanks to EDMUNDS.com. My credit is not that good but I did my homework and got preapproved at Captial ONE. The rate was 8.95 but when I went to John Eagle Honda, the finance offered 6.10 with 6 years/90k Bumber to Bumber warranty instead of 3 years/36k warranty. Anyways, it took me about a week to get online quotes from local Honda dealers here in Houston, and asked if they can beat prices. I think I did pretty good deal as I got a price below Edmund's TMV value. Anyone in Houston interested in detail as how I got this deal, let me know.
  • turbodrockturbodrock Member Posts: 2
    I have been shopping the Touring over the last several weeks. Tell me if you think this is a good price. $33,999 plus 399 dealer fee, tax tag and title.
    We got the deal through American Honda Finance. I told them I wanted to get their best rate possible. I have outstanding credit, and ironically am also a USAA member. I couldn't find anyone that would give me better than 4.34% so I went with it. I'd call them and ask them what their current buy rate is with AHFC. Good luck!
    The whole financing thing of the extra $1000 vs. the rate makes a difference depending upon how much you're financing. We didn't have a lot to finance so if I recall cash was the way to go. We had a trade and we put a chunk down on the Ody because I really want to pay the car off and have no debt ASAP. I don't even expect to run the loan for 4 years, so for us when we did the math I think it was about $400 in our favor to go with the $2000 rather than $1000. I think you have to run it both ways and decide which works best for you. The dealer we went to was willing to do whatever worked most in our favor.
  • cocopuffs809cocopuffs809 Member Posts: 7
    This is our offer in Hawaii. Please tell me what parts of the price we can negeotiate: let us know ASAP, we are going back tomorrow!

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    Retail value: 35,332
    Savings: 5,343.64
    Sale Price: 29183+695 Destination charge
    Doc. Fee: 174.00
    Accessories: 495.25 (wheel locks + floor mats, etc. nothing fancy)
    Total Purchase price: 30,657.61
    trade in: 500 (we might sell private party..windstar 98)
    sales tax: 1421.03
    vehicle theft reg.: 250.26
    tag fee: 250.00
    ***Net sales price: 32,078.90***

tell me what you think! let me know where i can negeotiate, for we are going back tomorrow.
  • brundoggbrundogg Member Posts: 6
    Thanks kdoonan,
    I must say I am a little disappointed in USAA. I have b een getting loans from them for 14 years and also have outstanding credit. They won't budge on rates though. I got them to budge a little 2 years ago, but no luck now. I'll give Honda a shot.
  • sowongfarewellsowongfarewell Member Posts: 3
    Darth Ken, you got a great price in the Mpls market for an initial quote. I have friends that are also in the market for an EX in Mpls - would you care to share the location of your quote?

O.B. Wong
  • cocopuffs809cocopuffs809 Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys.

This was our offer. We are in Hawaii.
    Honda Odyssey EX-L

29183 selling price for the car.
    after tax it was around 32330.
    We then negeotiaged it down to $31,500 out the door. We paid cash.
    We also bought rust/paint protection and 7 year extended warantee for about $2300. Is this a good deal? Was the 7 year extended warantee worth it? $0 deductibles with loaner cars all paid for. Basically everything is free if problems arise except for oil change/ alignment and a few others. Bumper to bumper.
  • neuropilneuropil Member Posts: 1
    Many thanks to everyone contributing to this forum. I sent 18 emails to delaers in North Carolina from Asheville to Raleigh. I had quotes ranging from 30,000 to 32,100 (only 8 responded by email, didn't make phone calls). Crown Honda in Charlotte had the most prompt and best quote. Erick Cover was our sales contact. If you deal with Crown I highly recommend Erick (email is ecover@crowncharlotte.dealerspace.com). Usually I never recommend car salespeople but he figured my no b.s. style from the get go and there were no surprises, no pressure. Because of time constraints, I didn't see a copy of the purchase order prior to arrival on the dealer's lot (not my style) so I was stressed and nervous, expecting some surprise deal breaker. Instead it was an easy transaction and a great experience buying the Odyssey. I would recommend looking at a purchase order prior to arrival in order to avoid stomach ulcers...

Bottom line:

$30,000 OTD for an EX-L w/RES. This was all inclusive - tax, title, tags, all fees, full tank of gas, and requested options.

Options requested: cross bars, cargo tray, door edge guards, cargo net, nitrogen (tires). Options not requested but thrown in by the dealer: wheel locks, splash guard (muds), pin stripe. I plan to get mats at weathertech.com.

Did not get lojack or the extended warranty. Price for extended warranty quoted was twice what I found on the internet.

I might have been able to squeeze another $300-500 by trying to have other dealers beat the Crown offer but time was a factor for me and Crown had the exact color on the lot. Emails sent last Tuesday. Drove off the lot yesterday.

Wish you all well in your car buying experience.
  • danohdanoh Member Posts: 26
    Picked up my Odyssey EX-L (No res/nav) from Mike Pruitt Honda in Akron, Ohio yesterday. The entire experience was a nice.

I bought the van for 29800 - $2000 dealer incentives + TTL. I got about $1200 less for my trade in (SUV) according to blue book values, but I also realize that gas sucking SUV's are not popular now. The trade in price was fairly close to comparable values on the trade-in forums. Overall, I think it was a fair deal. The finance lady was nice, gave me her sale pitches, but was not a hard sell. She took a polite no thank you and did not push it. I knew my credit rating scores, and she gave me a better rate through Honda than I could have gotten elsewhere.

I was surprised by the ample inventory on the lot. My closest Honda dealer only had one Civic on the lot - which they were using as a demo. I think it might have been a ploy to create demand and charge full sticker. Mike Pruitt had 15 civics on the lot.

Mike Pruitt seems to have a large push with the internet sales - I would highly recommend them when looking for a new Honda.
  • 929599bab929599bab Member Posts: 1
    I am starting to get quotes in Houston for an EX-L Odyssey with Nav and Entertainment. I wuld be interested in what you did to get your prices and where yoiu ended up. Gillman has given me the best OOD the door quote so far.
  • sd_vanbuyersd_vanbuyer Member Posts: 5
    So after shooting off 7 emails to area Honda dealers, I receive back #'s between $27990 to $29995 (Base) which added up to $30497.24 to $32671.80 OTD including tax, title, docs, etc. This is asking for the $2K to dealer in lieu of special financing.

I see one poster getting a EX-L with RES OTD for $30K. Am I missing something? Am I not getting the best deal yet? Again I am looking for one without RES. Thanks for all your help.
    That is a smoking deal. Strong work.
  • virtual_voidvirtual_void Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a Honda EX-L with DVD (RES), sent emails to the dealers and got 2 quotes :
    McDavid of Irving: 28,692 + TTL
    Bankston Honda, Lewisville: 29396 + TTL

Has anybody purchased EX-L recently in DFW (Dallas Fortworth) area, can you please share your dealer contact/ config details.

I also took quotes for Sienna but dealers in this are are quoting prices about $2000 more than what people are getting here on edmunds.com, this is after cashback rebate.

Thanks
  • offacoughoffacough Member Posts: 1
    These are the numbers I got from Penske Honda in Indianapolis through their Internet sales department.

2008 ODYSSEY MSRP INTERNET
    LX $26,495.00 $22,452.26
    EX $29,595.00 $25,281.53
    EX-L $32,845.00 $28,247.71
    EX-L RES $34,445.00 $29,707.99
    EX-L RES/NAV $36,445.00 $31,533.32
    TOURING RES NAV $40,645.00 $35,366.54
    TOURING RES NAV & PAX $41,245.00 $35,914.15

The internet price includes the destination charge of $635.00 and the Mud Guard Protection Package (a $155.00 value). Pricing does not include the sales tax or fees. Pricing is not valid with any finance or lease offers.

We're likely to buy within the next week. I'm wondering if their EX-L RES price is negotiable or firm for the Internet price. We have 7% sales tax in Indy.
  • pdesai5234pdesai5234 Member Posts: 1
    hey man thats a good deal you got. which model did you get and which dealer did you use. thanks in advance....
  • ggerstenggersten Member Posts: 4
    I plan to purchase the same van as you just did (exl with DVD).
    Really like your price. Can i ask the location of your dealership and who your salesperson was? thank you so much....gary
  • bulldog22bulldog22 Member Posts: 1
    We got a quote for the car only EX-L at Scott Honda West Chester for $30000. We also have a trade which will muddy the water. I've emailed Piazza Honda Pottstown where we bought our 01 Ody. Hopefully they're more reasonable. Robert in Downingtown only has 5 EX-Ls on the lot and 3 are the same color. (Boo!) Keep posting your findings here.
  • tnguyen74tnguyen74 Member Posts: 65
    What state are you in and what was the base price? I have been trying to get the same config (EX-L RES) for 30k OTD but the closest I'm getting is 30,750.

I am in Orlando, FL with 6.5% sales tax and every one here has a dealer fee of 400-600. The lowest I can get the vehicle for is 28,250 and tax is 1840 with the rest tags and dealer fee (profit) making it 30750. I have been dealing with e-mails and it's the only way to go until you are ready to purchase.

My wife and I went to the dealer once to confirm our color choice and we were hounded by annoying salesman that looked puzzled when we mentioned 2k dealer incentives and 3% holdback. They even asked us how much we want the dealer to make from this transaction (stupid question). I answered "nothing" (just being honest).
  • darthkendarthken Member Posts: 30
    Got my new EX today in Minneapolis / St Paul / Twin Cities. Bought from Richfield Honda although Hopkins and Brookdale would have matched. Here are the details:

Price = $25,039.67
    Tax 6.5% (MN) = $1,627.58
    MN License = $376
    MN Title/reg = $89.75
    TOTAL OTD = $27,133 with Honda APR 2.9% (without APR would have been $1,000 less)

Used the Donkeypunch method from post #16934, worked great.
    Damn, I didn't even think to ask for nitrogen in the tires. :( I have that on my Jeep Grand Cherokee from the last time I got new tires at Costco.
  • odysseyandmz6odysseyandmz6 Member Posts: 6
    (sarcasm)
    After seeming so many great deal, let me share mine...

Going to pick up a slate green Ody Touring on 05/28/2008.

Paid $32,000 WITH TAX, DOC, TAG, EVERYTHING.
    We have 7.25% Tax here

I think that I did an okay job, still, if I work a little harder, I can get even lower...

(sarcasm)
  • dol007dol007 Member Posts: 21
    Could anyone please comment on this deal? I'm dealing with a private owner. The car has 15K miles on it. Excellent condition.
    Dealers around here wants $28.8K OTD excluding TTL for a new 08 EXL Res . Please give me some input. Thanks in advance.
    Mileage deduction (if MSRP is $+30K use 0.20, if $-30K use 0.15):
    $15,000 x 0.20 = $3,000
    Plus this is already USED 07 vs NEW 08 car, that is another $2,000 depreciation.
    First year depreciation is usually steep.
    You do the maths.