Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lerxstlerxst Member Posts: 11
    Just wanted to update. We wound up going with the Honda financing @ 2.9% for 60 months. I'm going to pay it down sooner, so it's a wash on the cash I'd save with the 4.34% and 1000 less.

We wound up @ $29845 OTD for a black EX-L , no RES or Nav. Looks like they gave us the Resist All for free, because I never pay for that junk. All in all I think we did well for our area. We're in Maine.
  • isellnewhondasisellnewhondas Member Posts: 3
    Not a bad deal!!!
  • pkp22pkp22 Member Posts: 20
    I got a price quote for a Black ex-l w/ res & nav for 30K (includes destination charges) + tax and tag. The dealer didn't give me the quote in writing so that I can take it to another dealer. Is this deal a great deal or should I try going to another dealer to see if they will beat it? I've gone to 3 dealers so far. 2 of them used the bate and switch on me and the third one was ready to give me the van for 30K.
  • dlee300zdlee300z Member Posts: 8
    Pulled the trigger last night on a Nimbus Grey EX-L with RES and NAV for a price of $30,700.00. This didn't inculde tax and registration but total OTD price came to about $33K. I had them price match the Bernardi warranty and the best they could do was add $75 so instead of paying $920 for a 7yr/100K mile warranty, I paid $995 which was fine for me. I also got the GAP insurance for $575 whch seemed like a decent deal to me because I put 0 down.

Anyways, I dealt directly with the Finance Manager who I knew through a close friend and as soon as I got there, the paperwork and everything was ready for me to sign. Overall a wonderful experience. I almost picked the slate green metallic. Don't let the green fool you. It looks pretty sick if you see it in person.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Gap Insurance $575?

Do you lease with Honda Finance? If it is lease, I saw somewhere in Carspace forum that Honda Finance lease payment covers Gap Insurance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    I don't think he leased..

-kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hiyasserhiyasser Member Posts: 5
    I got the deal from Hendrick honda va . 25800 0% for EX OTD pricing.
  • defcarpenterdefcarpenter Member Posts: 18
    Hi, I am interested in purchasing a Honda Odyssey EX in the Memphis or Jackson, TN area. The best offer that I have received is $25,600 + TTL from Memphis. The Jackson dealership is telling me that there is no way that Memphis' offer will stand if I opt for the 2.9% financing. I am also hoping to trade my 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager. It has 180,000 miles but I have kept in great mechanical order. It has never been in a wreck, and it has new tires, new brakes, new water pump and a 5 year old transmission and air conditioner. Any suggestions or strategies? What do you think that the best price for all would be? Thanks for your help.
  • rkemminivanrkemminivan Member Posts: 2
    I got a great deal on a new 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ DVD RES. I paid $30,520 out-the-door. This is from Piazza Honda in Drexel Hill, PA. I bought the Fighting Chance package from www.fightingchance.com and applied their email/fax technique to obtain quotes from several dealerships. I don't regret the $40 I spent on the package.
  • coolpetecoolpete Member Posts: 30
    I am also looking to buy from Hendrick Honda, would you know what the price would be if you did not take their financing?

Will it be $ 2000 less or $ 1000 less than what you paid?
    I have been given an OTD price of $ 24800 for an Odyssey EX by the dealer over email.

This is if I don't take the special financing. Is this a good deal? Am I getting the $ 2000 Off with this price or $ 1000 off?

The breakdown I was given was

$ 22922 'Special Price'
    $ 635 Dest Charge
    $ 399 Processing Fee
    $ 765 Taxes
    $ 80 Title + Reg
  • tofuyantofuyan Member Posts: 4
    I am thinking about buying a Honda Odyssey Touring with DVD/NAV. Someone was telling me that I should wait until the end of the summer to buy it since the new ones are coming out. Thus the prices for the 2008 may be slashed lower. I currently got a quote of an OTD price of about $36,355. Is that a good deal? Would I be able to get a better deal later on after the summer? Tourings seems to be a bit hard to get per some of the dealerships. Will there be less stock then thus there will not be much deals later on??
  • satbuildersatbuilder Member Posts: 1
    rkemminivan,

What was your breakdown. I have been getting $30K + tax and license. I don't know what the tax is in PA, but it looks like you are probably $1000 below me. Any hints...
  • indyfpindyfp Member Posts: 2
    We got the grey and are happy with that decision. It was more difficult to find the grey.
  • pathosrisingpathosrising Member Posts: 42
    Can anyone explain the new incentives to me?

They have a 2000 dealer cash, a 2000 Honda Finance Cash, and low APR.

Am I right in thinking you can now get 2K AND low Apr? as opposed to just the 1K and low apr? What's really being offered?
  • janebug712janebug712 Member Posts: 8
    Honda changed their program this month and now you can get the $2000 dealer cash plus the special Honda rate
  • yluylu Member Posts: 4
    can you tell me which dealer you got this price? or forward the email to me yinglu_jp@hotmail.com

thanks a lot
  • dawnnikki98dawnnikki98 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a certified pre owned honda odyssey from Willis Honda in Burlington, NJ. Overall it was a good experience, but they did try to get one over on me with loan interest and "accidently" putting the wrong price on paperwork!! they had 19,995 so the tax went higher etc.. but of course i noticed right away. The car is in great shape, looks brand new. It was listed at 21,995 at the dealer, but I got a special internet pricing at 18,995 before tax and fees. 43,000 miles. Maybe I got one of your traded in odysseys? I'ts silver, with a dark grey interior.
  • rkemminivanrkemminivan Member Posts: 2
    satbuilder,

It was $28,647 (including $635 destination charge) + 6% tax (in PA suburb) + $148 (for doc fee, title, reg etc) = $30,514 (out-the-door)

With this deal I don't believe the dealership made any money. According to my calculation, they must have only made close to $89. Out of that $100 (or more) has to be paid to the salesguy, so they ended up losing money on this deal. I don't believe the manager present on the day we bought the van was not too happy with the salesman on the deal. We actually saw him getting angry at the salesguy. It was another manager who had OK'd the price to the salesguy. I just got lucky I guess.

Good luck on your search..
  • hiyasserhiyasser Member Posts: 5
    It should be $1350 less as I had 0%. Honda I understand has a new offer additional 1000$ off so give em a call for the latest
    Ok Thanks.

I have asked for an update quote, lets see what they get back with.
    Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Don't give any mercy to the dealer. Car dealers always find ways to make money that consumers never heard/think of.

For example: I saw this somewhere and is not well-known by us ... Honda Fianace will give $500 to dealer on pay-off Honda auto-lease.
  • odywannabuyodywannabuy Member Posts: 3
    Hello Gurus,

This is the informaiton I found on Edmunds website

Honda Odyssey EX with Destination:

29,595 MSRP
    26,864 Invoice
    25,598 What others are paying

Incentives:

2,000 Dealer Cash cannot be combined with other offers
    2,000 Dealer Finance Cash. May not be combined with the $2000 stand alone Dealer Cash.
    .9% apr Cannot be combined with $2000 dealer cash.

If I don't need financing what should be the price I should target? Is it 25,598 - 2,000 - 2000 = 21,598? Or is it 26,864 - 2,000 - 2,000 = 22,864? Or can I not combine the two 2,000s and better off financing it using one of the rebates?

Thanking you in advance. I appreciate your answers very much.
  • benjamcebenjamce Member Posts: 6
    We are considering the 2008 Touring and have a quote of 35,500 which rises to $38,400 after our lovely 7% sales tax and registration. Anyone think we can do better?

Also, can someone confirm the new incentive that just started yesterday is simply a combination of the cash back and low financing?
  • yluylu Member Posts: 4
    can you tell me which dealer you got this price? Thanks.
    I believe that you can get the $2000 and the 2.9% financing. I am about to make a deal on a Honda Odyssey EX. We have agreed upon $25,600 plus TTL, and the sales person said that I would be eligiable for the 2.9% financing at this price. The invoice price on this vehicle is $26,864, so the dealship must be getting $2000 back and still making a profit of roughly $700.
    defcarpenter,

So when you say you agreed on $25,600, you mean, you will pay $23,600 (after subtracting rebate), and get 2.9% apr, correct?

Also, does this figure include documentation/processing fees from dealership?
    No, I will be paying $25,600. I believe it is the dealer that gets the $2000 incentive, and that's why he can sell it to me at this cost and still make roughly $700. Am I right about this, or should I negotiate a lower price?
  • xfactorxfactor Member Posts: 78
    Need to buy a new van in the next 6-12 months.

EXL-DVD invoice including dest $31,247 less dealer cash of $2,000 = $29,247+$253 profit=offer of $29,500 firm no other fees except TTL & sales tax NYS tire.

Must also get .9% 36 month financing. Dealer should call withing next 6 months if offer not immedialty accepted.

Think they will bite?
    I just got a quote for 2008 Touring of about $36,300 out the door.
  • oddvetoddvet Member Posts: 2
    I'm facing the same situation and have been researching price and trying to determine dealers cost.

I think they'll probably bite but not because of the $253 profit. I think the profit will closer to $1267 to $1436. When you factor in the dealer holdback which is explained on another part of the Edmunds site, and depending on whether it's 3% of MSRP before destination fee as reported by Edmunds or 3.5% (2% holdback plus some other new holdback term of 1.5% I saw over on the Accord site).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this is correct and helps.
    Hi, I am about to make a purchase on a Honda Odyssey EX. I have negotiated over the internet, and I think that I am getting a good deal, but I just want to make sure. I was quoted $25,600 + TTL. This is taking advantage of the 2.9% financing. Could I get them to knock more off the price given the $2000 dealer incentive? Also, does anyone have any strategies for negotiating the price on a trade? I have a 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE with 182,000 miles. It is an older vehicle with high miles, but I have kept in in great shape: no wrecks, and I have put $1500 into it over the last 6 months. It has new tires, new brakes and front axles, and a new water pump. About five years ago I replaced the transmission and the air conditioner. Any advice. I would like to trade, but I am not willing to give my van away, either! Thanks!
  • benjamcebenjamce Member Posts: 6
    Where do you live? What is your sales tax?
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Price is a function of the market - have you shopped this price with the competition? That's the only way that you can find the bottom line.

If you're not willing to "give" your van away, be prepared to keep it because it is worth essentially nothing as a trade and very little more on a private party sale. Nice late '90s Chrysler vans that aren't miled up can be bought for less than 4 grand.
  • pathosrisingpathosrising Member Posts: 42
    You should sell the van on craigslist or something... the dealer would probably offer like 500 for it... if that. i was offered 100 bux for my 97 oldsmobile cutlass supreme in 2006...
    Thanks for the comment very helpful as my message was the 1st step in determining the correct offer to make. I will try and confirm the holdback however, based on your numbers and chopping off another $1,014 for hold back (using 3% pf MSRP before dest) would be an offer of $28,500. At least two individuals on this forum post getting this deal for EXL-RES several others post the best deal was $29,200 even after walking.

Will be at my Honda dealer in the next week or so for service on my other Honda's and will float the ballon. Also looking at the Sienna but Honda always comes out as $2,000-3,000 cheaper on pricing for comparable equip vans.
    In Southern California. The sales tax where I am is 7.25%
  • ihatevt2ihatevt2 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone found a Dallas, TX area Honda dealer who does not put a ton of dealer installed options? I am looking for a EX-L with DVD and NAV. Please let me know what kind of deals anyone has closed on in the Dallas area.
    I just closed on a deal last night! I ended up paying $25,685.80 ($25,485.80 + 200.00 to transport the color vehicle that I wanted from another state). After TTL, the total came to $26,020. I also negotiated getting $2,000 for my 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager that had 182,000 miles on it. Granted it was in excellentent condition, but it was still old with lots of miles. I think that I got a great deal!
    I am evaluating both odyssey EX-L RES & Sienna XLE with QJ extra value package. This configuration is comparable with leather, moonroof and DVD rear entertainment system.

With this configuration, price of Sienna came to 29,359 without rebate but with 0% APR. If I don't care about financing it is another $1,500 less. This is very close to price of Odyssey. My local dealer has quoted me $100 below invoice. With this price, I am leaning towards Sienna.
    My apologies I did not intend to suggest the current difference is that great. I did a quick comparison and agree the XLE with QJ package looks very close on equip and price.

Sienna has power liftgate and HO EXL-Res does not (according to Edmunds). XLE (QJ) has 7 seats HO EXL-Res has 8. My comment related to a my earlier purchases involving a new 2005 EXL-Res to a comparable Sienna and a 2000 Accord SE to a comparable Camry. All this is irrelvant now if the dealer prices are that comparable in the current environment.

Looks like you got a great deal congrats.
  • What is the name of the dealership?
  • chiko88chiko88 Member Posts: 5
    Updating my own post. I have a written quote for $31,000 out the door. I didn't get a breakdown of prices, but according to my calculations with a tax rate of 8.5%, it comes down to about $27,650 base before destination, doc, dmv, tax or any other fees. I have at least one dealer, maybe two, who say they will beat $31K. Now, if there are other Bay Area residents who are definitely looking to buy a EX-L w/ RES soon, I can use you as leverage to get an even lower price for us. I think I've done all the heavy lifting already.
  • pravprav Member Posts: 4
    I'm from Bay Area. I got a quote for $30,950 OTD price (cash only deal) last week for an EXL with RES from a bay area dealer. If a group buy is more economical, count me in!
  • brainage2brainage2 Member Posts: 24
    Hi All

I am planning to buy a Ody with NAV / RES . I received a quote of $ 31,000 incl destination $ 635 + TTL.

Is this a good price. Also need some advice : Can i buy the 2008 now or wait until the release of 2009. By the way when is the 2009 expected.

thanks for your comments

regards
    Brainage2
    hi prav. we can compare notes. you can email me at mrchiko168 at gmail dot com.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    You did fine - a classic example of an overallowance on a trade being made up by higher price on the new vehicle.
  • luv2cruseluv2cruse Member Posts: 6
    I also live in the Bay Area, and am looking for a 2008 HO EX-L with RES as well; please count me in if I can use you as leverage to get an even lower price for us. BTW, has anyone used Auto Advocates to help find a car before? My car got totaled, and this is a free service from AAA if your car is totaled. Otherwise it would cost $250. Please share your experiences with me if anyone has used them before. Thanks.
    hi luv2cruse. you can also email me at mrchiko168 at gmail dot com.