Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• traderhaltraderhal Member Posts: 11
    the biggest diff would be the gauges. the sr5 doesnt use optitron gauges. you should be able to deal on a limited where the marginal difference is small
  • amheck1amheck1 Member Posts: 44
    Must be a special order item, at least around here. All of the Ltd's I've seen on the lots (15-20) all have capt chairs. Thanks for the clarification.
  • xshenxshen Member Posts: 6
    When I compare a fully loaded SR5 and fully loaded limited, the price difference is at least several thousands dollars. I understand gauge is difference and limited has power back door and parking Sonic. Anything else? Why several $K?
  • df4801df4801 Member Posts: 10
    I dont know why everyone says to get the limited.

I am getting a SR5 loaded, and besides a few minor differences, its the same as the limited except almost $4000 less.

The only things I lose are, gauges differences, colored door handles instead of chrome, some minor storage and light differences. Not much else.

Options I got on the SR5; sonar for parking help, moonroof/ roof rack, leather package (which comes with power 3rd row seat), fog lamps, deluxe stereo, running boards, homelink and tow package.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • rayw4rayw4 Member Posts: 1
    How about the mirrors? Does the SR5 have a button to turn in the mirrors? I believe the Limited has this option. I need it to get into my garage.

Thanks,
  • carscarcarscar Member Posts: 22
    SR5 does not have power, heated sideview mirrors. It is a great help in parking in tight garage space. I just bought Limited and I love it.
  • tsfantsfan Member Posts: 20
    Hi all gurus and experts, I need your guys's thoughts on question: will Sequoia have a better incentive in May?

Currently Toyoto offers finance incentive for Sequoia, 1.9% for 36months, 2.9% for 48months, and 3.9% for 60months. The current inventive expires on 04/30. I have been researching the new Sequoia for a long time and read all post in this forum. Think it's a good time to buy but just wondering whether next month Toyota will come out a better incentive such as 0%. If wait until May, also worry about whether current inventive will be gone.

Any good thoughts, buy now or wait till May? thanks!
  • vernschillingevernschillinge Member Posts: 66
    Hi all gurus and experts, I need your guys's thoughts on question: will Sequoia have a better incentive in May?

Currently Toyoto offers finance incentive for Sequoia, 1.9% for 36months, 2.9% for 48months, and 3.9% for 60months. The current inventive expires on 04/30. I have been researching the new Sequoia for a long time and read all post in this forum. Think it's a good time to buy but just wondering whether next month Toyota will come out a better incentive such as 0%. If wait until May, also worry about whether current inventive will be gone.

Any good thoughts, buy now or wait till May? thanks!

Not sure what region you are in, but, at present you can get 0% for 24 mths in the Southeast Region (SET: NC, SC, AL, GA & FL).
    I am in Richmond, Virginia. Thanks for the info. If NC has 0%, definitely I will consider dealer over there since it's worth 2 hours driving cross the border.
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    I would wait...I'm just down the road from you in Hampton Roads and the dealership that I drive by on a nearly daily basis STILL has the original 2 Sequoias that they got in before x-mas.
  • jason973jason973 Member Posts: 7
    Can some of you post the sticker price as well as your lease payments, term, and down payment to make it simple? For example, Sticker Price was $48,350 and I negotiated a lease payment of $655 for 36 months with a total of $1500 out of pocket.
  • amheck1amheck1 Member Posts: 44
    Haven't done it yet, but here's what I was provided when emailing dealers asking about an SR5 with leather. Wanted to get in the $500/month ballpark. Took a little doing, as most were coming in at about $600/month and that just seemed high with a base model with very few options added.

MSRP: $37,900 SR5 with leather, CD changer, fog lamps, rook rack
    Payment $499/month plus tax, 36 months, 12K miles per year, $1500 down
    residual is 51%, Money factor is .00184
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    Can some of you post the sticker price as well as your lease payments, term, and down payment to make it simple? For example, Sticker Price was $48,350 and I negotiated a lease payment of $655 for 36 months with a total of $1500 out of pocket

MSRP of $59,000. Lease payment is $0. I bought the car. ;)
  • thetoolthetool Member Posts: 8
    Sequoia is now 5% for 5 years and a $2,000 cashback rebate. Knew this would happen...only wish I waited the few months before I bought mine!!!
  • ejtpaejtpa Member Posts: 5
    In Ohio, I'm purchasing this month at 0% for 60 months. Also had option for shorter terms or $4000 back.
  • thetoolthetool Member Posts: 8
    Typo, meant 0% for 5 years
  • chiliman07chiliman07 Member Posts: 2
    This a great price on the platinum warranty compared to my dealer quote of 1830.00. Would you share the name of the dealer? We put a down payment on a new sequoia limited which should arrive in a few days. Thanks
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    I paid $590 for the 6yr/75K mile/$0 deductible Toyota Platinum Extended Warranty on a 2008 4wd Platinum Sequoia directly from Toyota. http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal;ofsc=1LnkLgTbvnMhQC1TbJdhn0ZT- 4p5NphCGg7Ln1ZzN1y0Cn5v0X6J2!-428111956!-1957201518?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_new- VehicleComparisonChartPage

I purchased the extended warranty plan from Troy Dietrich at TDietrich@FactoryDiscountWarranty.com

I also purchased the Toyota 4yr/55,000 Premium Auto Care Plan for $875 from Troy. http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_PMPr- emiumCoverage
  • bbk1bbk1 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please give your feedback regarding a price we were quoted for a Sequoia LImited 4x4....

Sunroof
    Power rear door
    Rear Spoiler
    20 in. wheels
    DVD
    Navigation
    Captains Chairs
    Cold Kit
    Daytime running lights

MSRP $54,925
    Invoice $49,370 which includes TDA $858, Holdback $969, and Whsl. Financial Reserve $484

Offer is $49,870 plus tax, title, registration. We are going to take the 0% financing. No trade-in.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • freeholdresfreeholdres Member Posts: 1
    hello.

i'm actively looking for a 2008 sequoia ltd 4x4 with with option c - (from toyota.com - build your own). with pretty much every option here in central jersey. have a couple of dealers looking for it in existing inventory or pending inventory for the color/interior that i want.

should i go place an order and put down a small deposit.?
    what do you think?- the question is open to every one.

also am being told by the dealer - that i cannot get the 20 inch tires on a ltd in central jersey. even thought toyota.com build site supposedly lets you build it to that configuration.

my 2 questions are re the extended warrantee - i went to the site - it starts a credit application process. did you have to complete that before you you can get to the page for extended warrantees. did it show discounted price or did you actually have to make a phone call etc.
    i am planning on getting the platinum extended warrantee as well.

thank you for your help.
  • bbhn40bbhn40 Member Posts: 1
    Forgive my ignorance here... looking to buy Sequoia Ltd and they are around .88 of MSRP. No trade-in, cash deal. How does the $2000 cash back come into play? Would I expect they would "keep" this if I get them down to .85, or would I still get this on top of my .85 negotiation? Obviously I want the best price I can, but I want to be reasonable... thanks for your help.
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    "i'm actively looking for a 2008 sequoia ltd 4x4 with with option c - (from toyota.com - build your own). with pretty much every option here in central jersey. have a couple of dealers looking for it in existing inventory or pending inventory for the color/interior that i want.

should i go place an order and put down a small deposit.?
    what do you think?- the question is open to every one.

also am being told by the dealer - that i cannot get the 20 inch tires on a ltd in central jersey. even thought toyota.com build site supposedly lets you build it to that configuration.

my 2 questions are re the extended warrantee - i went to the site - it starts a credit application process. did you have to complete that before you you can get to the page for extended warrantees. did it show discounted price or did you actually have to make a phone call etc.
    i am planning on getting the platinum extended warrantee as well.

thank you for your help."

I'm from the Hunterdon County area and almost all of the LTD Sequoias I've seen on the lots have had 20" wheels so I'm not sure why your dealer is suggesting they're hard to get unless of course he doesn't have any on his lot. You should definitely shop around vs asking the dealer to shop for you. He's likely to say and do what he needs to in order to get you to buy from his inventory.

I did not purchase the extended warranty or the maintenance plan from the Toyota site. I only included those links so that others could read the different plans and coverage. To get the best price on the market I recommend you contact Troy at the email address I provided earlier. He works at a dealer and sells the plans at $50 over the dealer's cost. You're not likely to find anyone that can beat his price but you're welcome to shop it around just to be sure (as I did).
    the cash back has nothing to do with dealer. if you don't take it, toyota will not pass it onto dealer. it's always better to focus your negotiation on price that dealer has control.
  • chiliman07chiliman07 Member Posts: 2
    bbk1,
    Just purchased Sequoia Limited 2wd loaded with everything except dvd. The deal worked out to be 89.88% off of MSRP. You are very close to that, and if you like the car it is a great deal. Some parts of the country deal more than others, and 10% off MSRP is a great deal in most areas, although some people have received up to 12% off. My wife loves here new Sequoia, and good luck.
  • realworldmanrealworldman Member Posts: 2
    you can check my number at #1186, I think yours is very close to mine. just do everything you can to get lower price.

good luck.
  • wrxcstiwrxcsti Member Posts: 21
    Is the current $2000 cash back or 0% financing only a regional offer?

In California, is it only S. CA getting the offer (e.g. Los Angeles zip 90012), but NOT northern California? When I put in N. CA zip code (e.g. San Francisco zip 94111), no incentives showed up. It happened on both buyatoyota.com and Edmunds.com. Can someone confirm this?

Also, there are a lot of feedbacks on pricing from East Coast on this forum. Anyone here in CA can share the price in the market? I'm interested in a Limited AWD with Option H (e.g. 8 seater, 20-in wheels, Nav, DVD, etc.). Thanks.
  • hakalothakalot Member Posts: 2
    Would someone share with me deals you've got for 2008 Platinum pearl white in the LA Ventura area. I gather the 0% doesn't apply for Platinum, are there other incentives?

Thanks

Boulton
  • dionysusdionysus Member Posts: 5
    We live in the San Joaquin Valley in California and just purchased an '08 Sequoia Limited through the Costco auto purchase program. I feel that the Costco program worked great! The whole transaction was very smooth. Here was our price/info:

2008 Sequoia, Limited, 4X2, super white, graphite interior
    20 inch wheels
    Navigation w/JBL sound and 4 disc changer & backup camera
    Rear Entertainment
    Pwr. rear door with jam protection
    Moon roof
    Rear spoiler
    Daytime running lights
    Second row bench seat (we preferred this over captains for more seating)

MSRP: $51790
    Purchase price: $46944

We were pre-approved at Tier 1 (the best rate/credit) through Toyota Financial and got 0% financing.

A different dealer than we purchased through wouldnt budge off of a sales price of $47500 (this was not through Costco) for a similar vehicle however that particular one did not have the DVD/rear entertainment...plus they wanted to offer me 5.94% and acted as though it was a great rate. When I quesitoned as to why I wasn't being offered the 0%, they suddenly said, "oh, we can do that." No kidding.
  • mikee2125mikee2125 Member Posts: 5
    I looked throughout the Los Angeles and Orange County region and the dealers were not getting too far off MSRP. I then called Bob Baker Toyota in the San Diego area and gave them what I was looking for (a 4WD Platinum in Artic Frost Pearl.) They found one and sold it to me for $1500 over dealer invoice. We drove down and picked it up with no hassels. Friendly dealer, great to work with.
    you got a awsome deal. I am just wondering why the MSRP in California is much lower than Virginia.

I just but a same one as your without DVD and Navigation (all other options are same), the MSRP is $52090. Yours MSRP with extra DVD and Nav is even lower than mine.
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    Part of the difference is they got a 4x2 and you got a 4x4.
  • cocopuffs809cocopuffs809 Member Posts: 7
    This is our deal:

Toyota Sequoia SR5 2008
    Color: Silver/Graphite
    Options: Auto Dimming rear-view mirror,Running Boards, Carpet Mat/Cargo Mat
    Power Plant: 5.7 Litre.... no 4.7's available.
    Retail: $ 36.855.00
    Your Effective cost with ownership of a Toyota Vehicle: $ 29,721.00. But we also need to ship to Hawaii. With tax + fees + shipping, how much do you think total price will be?
  • penaddict1penaddict1 Member Posts: 10
    This is my deal with 0% financing for 5 years

4x2 Limited 2008
    Color: Silver with rear bench seat
    Options: CK,CT,EY,FE,NV,PB,RF,RL AND SR
    MSRP: 51015 Paid: $45550 + tax, license & doc fees
    Out the door cost: $49500
    I dont have a clue what options the acronyms you've listed represent. Can you list them?
  • penaddict1penaddict1 Member Posts: 10
    CF Floor Mats
    CK Cold Weather pkg
    EY Rear Seat entertainment
    NV Navigation/BU Camera, etc.
    PB Power Rear Door
    RF Rear Spoiler
    RL Daytime Running lights
    SR Power Moonroof

I think your sequoia has 1 more option than mine which is the 20" wheel (AL). Hope this helps.
    Thank you! I dont believe that I have the cold weather package.
  • kcockcoc Member Posts: 10
    Any new incentives for June for the Sequoia in US or Canada?
  • fasc76fasc76 Member Posts: 5
    Houston Texas shows that the $2,000 cash off MSRP or 0% financing has been extended to 6/30/2008.

They were running a owner loyalty discount of $2,000 the last 2 weeks of May (proof of ownership of another Toyota, no trade in necessary). I haven't seen that advertised, however I expect it to be revived as the end of the month approaches.

I haggled with 3 dealerships over the weekend for a Silver SR5 with the following options:

Carpet mats
    Power driver seat (graphite cloth)
    Running boards
    Roof Rack
    6 CD changer
    Daytime running lights
    Fog lamps.

Only 2 dealerships had the vehicle in question (w/o running boards - dealer agreed to add at cost) - we wound up at $33,250 bid (Edmunds Invoice + TTL) asking also for financing rate against best offer of $34,400 walk out from one dealer. I walked on the deal - I see no reason to pay a penny over invoice for these vehicles at a time of $4 gas, in fact the salesman admitted that they had only sold 1 vehicle the previous week with all the discounts. The reason being that they were still playing games with a padded invoice figure. Will look again at the end of this month.

My motto is "they have to SELL the vehicle".
  • tex16tex16 Member Posts: 1
    $34,400 is the invoice for that vehicle if purchased from a dealer in the Gulf States Toyota territory. Their destination charge is $80.00 more and they add $995.00 for processing and advertising. You will never get the Edmunds price to match a GST invoice price.

I am in Houston and went to Memphis last month to buy a new Limited to avoid the
    GST mark up and the rebate was $4000 instead of the $2000 GST was offering. I ended up saving more than $4000 over the GST invoice price that I was offered.
  • dansgaragedansgarage Member Posts: 11
    I'm in southern California. I'd like to know what others have been paying for a new 08 4x4 Limited with these options: Nav/Rear Entertainmt/Pwr Rear Door/Cold Area Pkg/Rear Ht. Control Suspension/Rear Spoiler. I am in zip 92223 (if that matters any). I'd also like to know what kind of actual "mpg" owners are getting with their City/Hwy and straight-Hwy driving (Hwy trips of 100 miles or more). Thanks a lot !!! This is a VERY informative group!!! I've learned a lot since listening to many of you!!! Thanks!
    Dan
  • dmaxwellhdmaxwellh Member Posts: 11
    I am in NY and just purchased an SR5 with leather, cold weather pkg., sunroof, JBL, running brds., and fog lights. The MSRP was 46500, I paid 41800 (200 over invoice) and financed at 0% for 60 mos.! Not bad at all. . . I like the vehicle very much so far.
  • dulfelderdulfelder Member Posts: 10
    Hi Dan. My wife has a loaded Limited 4x4 she loves. After almost 5,000 miles her combined mileage is 17.5. She probably drives 50-60% highway. She tries to not drive over 65 mph. We traded in an '06 Seq. for a good rate and got great price on an '08 (early April). They cut back on production numbers because of gas cost. My sense was Manchester, NH Ira (pleasant and professional) would take any reasonable offer. Dave
  • dulfelderdulfelder Member Posts: 10
    Hi. You should get neg. price plus 2k back from dealer. I'd neg. first then ask/tell them about getting 2k off that price. With no trade and cash, nice and simple on your end. I neg. on last day of March and found the dealer was very anxious to move a Seq. I've had good luck using the internet and multiple dealers. Don't worry about "reasonable" with $4+ 87 octane gas. All a dealer can say is no but I keep reading about large truck and SUV sales plummeting, which will continue, as long as gas prices rise. Best of luck
  • ccapccap Member Posts: 40
    Can you tell me the deal you received? What is a resaonable deal? Invoice or just over. I am not a toyota customer, but is there a way I can still receive the 2k cash??

I just want the ammunition so when I go in, I will know where to be with the numbers
  • ryan0606ryan0606 Member Posts: 3
    I picked up my Sequoia Limited 4x4 on Saturday. MSRP was $55,296 less $7,800 off MSRP. The final price was $47,496 + $599 for Remote Start + $1,000 for a 7 year / 100K / $0 deductible Toyota Platinum Extra Care Warranty. I received 0% financing for 5 years. Vehicle registration, title and document fees were $316.70.

I found that few dealers I spoke with were willing to make the above deal. Most said they could not go that low. The ones that would make this deal had the vehicle on their lot.

Silver Sky
    Navigation
    Rear Seat Entertainment
    Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    20" Wheels
    Power Back Door
    Day Time Running Lights
    Cold Area Package
    Alloy Wheel Locks
    Carpet Floor/Cargo Mat/Door Sill Protector
    Headlamp Cleaner
  • wrxcstiwrxcsti Member Posts: 21
    Ryan,

Congrats!!! The one you just bought is exactly the same I'm thinking about getting. Even the color is the same. Where are you located and which dealer is this? Thanks.
  • seqfanseqfan Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2001 Limited Sequoia when they first came on the market in the Summer of 2000. I've had it ever since and its a great vehicle. My son turned 16 recently and "bought" my vehicle. I just finished a purchase of 2008 SR5 (I liked the Limited, but I wanted to choose my options). My SR5 is Pryrite, tan factory leather electronic/heated seat, towing package, navigation system with JBL, running boards, homelink, wood dash, roof rack, and some other extras. I looked for a vehicle similiar to this for one month. Expanded my search to include dealership in OKC. I made one call to dealership to give specs on the vehicle I wanted, an hour later I received fax of matching vehicle and sale price of $34,999. I made a second phone call to finalize deal. Easiest car transaction I've ever had. MSRP $45,300 (which includes dealer added homelink and wood dash). Paid $500 extra for dealer added options for off the lot price paid of $35,500, which I figured was a couple of hundred dollars over dealer invoice less the $4,000 rebate (about 22% off MSRP). Dealer gave me new Sequoia to drive for a 10 days while I waited on mine and both cars were filled with gas when I drove them off the lot. First fill-up 19.1 mpg on mostly in town driving, second fill-up 18.8 on all in town driving. Good Luck!
  • lou88lou88 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Seqfan,

I plan to buy one with the similar options which you just got by end of this month....the price is really unbelievable....where did you buy it????? I am in NJ..
    Any information is appreciated.
  • jason973jason973 Member Posts: 7
    I am in NJ as well. I would love to find someone with a deal like this in NJ. I am looking for a 3 year/ 15,000 mile lease. Let me know if you have any luck...I am in Roseland, and would start looking over in West Caldwell.
  • ryan0606ryan0606 Member Posts: 3
    In response to your question, I bought my 2008 Sequoia Limited 4x4 at Lawrence Toyota in Lawrenceville, NJ (part of Trenton, NJ). I live in NY and drove 2 hours to pick it up as I wanted 20" wheels on my Limited. This was the nearest dealership with this in stock. They actually had 2 Silver Sky Limited's with 20" wheels in stock.