Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rdav123rdav123 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy an Ex-l. What is the best price to look for
  • nilpilnilpil Member Posts: 1
    Could you please let me know the name of the dealer? I'm also in the market for 08 EXL.
  • kalidaskalidas Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, it was a typo. It is $29,100. I am expecting the price might go down further when the 2009 model arrives.
  • bashogrebashbashogrebash Member Posts: 7
    Hey everyone!

Longtime lurker here.... I wanted to see if the deal I got was ok:

Deal was in NJ, financed with the 2.9% over 5 year deal

OTD was $31,700
    Dealer threw in:
    All season mats
    Cargo tray
    Back up sensor
    Mid size roof box

I coulda been OTD with the all season mats for $30,691

OH! we also decided to get the extended warranty as we plan to use the car for a looong time...
    8yrs/100k miles bumper to bumper for $1595 + tax.... I think we overpaid a little for this but we were so tired after 2 dealers and 7 hours of negotiating... this was even after we used email!!!
  • alic3alic3 Member Posts: 15
    What dealership did you get your car from..I am looking for an EX-L (possibly with RES)
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Thats a great price. Can you tell me what dealer you purchased from? Thanks
  • immiqueimmique Member Posts: 3
    Can you let me know the dealership name. I am planning to buy this weekend. Did you take the deal without honda finance ?

Can someone guess about the APR and rebate. Do you think they offer after 9/1 ? I see lot of inventory at our local dealership in MD. Also any guess about 09 models release date ?
  • oliverbayareaoliverbayarea Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Honda Odyssey EX-L today in the south bay (SF Bay Area). Thank you to this forum for your help. Here is my experience - hopefully it will help others.

First, it was great that I was able to get the best price from the Palo Alto dealership where I went to see the minivan in person a few weeks ago. Like others, I found the best price for my area through this forum ($25,588) and did my requests via email. I actually only sent out two emails. My original dealer met the price. The other dealer said he'd lose money on the van at that price. I'm guessing that he was probably telling the truth - he'd lose money on the individual sale, but a high volume dealer could make it up by hitting quotas.

My father-in-law called a third dealer, Capital Honda, to see if they could beat my price. At first they said they could, but when I called them myself, I got the runaround. It was obvious they just wanted us to go there in person. When I asked for an Out The Door price, they had the fleet manager call me - after talking to me, he suddenly had a customer and never called back when he said he would. I think he realized his salesperson gave a price they couldn't back up. I never waited for the call back since I was already happy with the result from my original dealer and just wanted to follow through on my father-in-laws work. Good thing since he never did call back.

Odyssey EX-L. No navi. No RES.
    My price: $25,588 (destination charge already included) + TTL
    OTD price: $27,979
    Tax in Santa Clara County - 8.25%
    Paid cash.
    Individual purchase, not a group deal.

Here's the email I sent:

Hi [name of sales rep],

Thank you for showing me the different colors on the Ex-L the other day. I am interested in buying a grey Odyssey EX-L. I'm looking for a price of $25,588 + TTL. Cash.

I'm sending this request to multiple dealers, but you have my first preference since you showed me the van. If you can hit that price, please send me a list of the charges with a final OTD price. I'm ready to buy today.

Thank you.

[my name]

I really liked my sales rep. I have to be honest, the first time I met him I thought he would push hard for a sale on the spot. But he was always patient with me and when I went back a second time to take pictures for my wife, he never brought up me buying the van the whole time. In fact, after he sent the OTD price to me via email, I never discussed the price with him in person (I only checked the price with the paperwork guy.)

I'm very happy with my price and experience and would be happy to refer you to the sales rep I worked with. I don't know if they'll give you the same price since the price quote came back with me having to use a coupon as part of their Labor Day Friday promotion. But I think there's a good shot at the same (or similar) price.

If you'd like a referral, please email me at edmunds-reader@raw????.com . Replace the question marks with the word for the raw material used to make pottery. It's also the first name of the American Idol singer - blank Aiken.

p.s Remember to bring your car insurance with you when you buy the car! Luckily, I had a laptop with my account information, so I could log-in online and print it out. Whew.
  • autopilot2autopilot2 Member Posts: 3
    All;

Just purchased an EXL-RES in NC. Pricing as follows:

Base: $28,777
    NC Tax: $863
    Title: $40
    Tag: $15
    Doc: $399
    OTD: $30,094

Whel Lox, All Season Mats, Mud Guards included.
    Used the 2.9% Financing Option

Thanks for all of the experience and input from the group. What makes this forum succesful is the AFTER the purchase input. Remember, what comes around goes around...
  • samuelyesamuelye Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am in NC areas, can you share with me which dealer? thanks
  • toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    I have been trying to buy an 08 Odyssey EX-L for about 2 weeks in the Cincinnati Area. Prices varied around $1500 from the 6 or 7 dealers I had email communication with.

Latest price I've received for EX-L is $26,158 + tax/title. I'm about done with negotiating - ready to buy today. Anyone think I'm going to get a much better price than this?
  • autopilot2autopilot2 Member Posts: 3
    Lake Norman Honda. Internet Sales Manager.
  • nayaknayak Member Posts: 16
    I realized that the numbers in my earlier post were not competitive at all. So I reviewed this thread for the numbers that others were getting and decided that the number to look for EX-L Res and Nav was about 30K + TTL. Sent out emails from Edmunds and Honda websites - stated exact color combination required. Got an immediate phone reply from a dealer. I stated that I was looking for about 32K OTD, he said OK. Since we were looking for 2 cars (the other one a CRV), it was great that that the dealer had that in stock too and agreed for that price too. Once we reached the dealer, there was some intense negotiation on the add-ons and a lot of "let me go and speak to my manager".

Here is what I paid Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX:
    $30,300 + TTL which came to $32,400 OTD.
    Add-ons were wheel locks, mud guards, cargo net, cargo tray, and pin stripe.
    Note: no 0.9% financing is possible at these numbers. Paid cash.
  • connecticu08exconnecticu08ex Member Posts: 1
    I've updated my pricing on 08 EX's this week with multiple dealers and all the prices seem pretty high compared to other areas of the northeast and around the country. Anyone have an informed opinion of the following sales prices (these already take into account the $1,500 dealer cash available to customers who want to use the 0.9/2.9 financing but are not the OTD prices, which would include a 6% tax and $100 registration transfer)

Dealer 1: 25,414
    Dealer 2: 25, 514
    Dealer 3: 25, 899
    Dealer 4: 25,000
    Dealer 6: 25,400

I suspect these prices may be high because I tried to negotiate a trade in of a 1999 Odyssey as well; it appears dealers just add the "trade in value" to the purchase price of the new car as if we're getting nothing for the van we turn in?

I wanted to buy before today since the special financing ends this weekend. Anyone hear if that will be extended?
  • m00gambom00gambo Member Posts: 5
    Price before TTL does not seem right. $28890 seems to equate to a $27 K price, not a $26 K price. Unless $26 K is the offer without financing. Still, this is better than what I saw in July. It seemed the prices were $1000 more in DFW than what could be achieved in other regions.
    Has anyone purchased recently for an EX-L RES here in southern cal...what prices have people paid? What dealerships are offering a good deal?
  • jeffhealyjeffhealy Member Posts: 2
    HI all,

I've been lurking since June. First post. Bought 2008 EX-L with RES from Route 23 Honda in Pompton Plains, NJ (via internet desk).

29,977 Base (including dest)
    1,958 Tax (7%, thanks Corzine)
    349 (Registration (4 yrs, another Jersey gem)
    188 Doc fee
    30,472 Out the door

Couldn't have been easier. Zero upsell, even with warranty/finance guy. Thanks to all for the information in the forum, its was extremely helpful and lessens the worry about getting ripped off.

Jeff
    Hi all,

I have been reading all the posts in this forum and thought I would share the figures on my recent purchase. I purchased an EX-L RES for:

Base including destination: 27188.00
    California Tax 7.75% : 2107.07
    Title and License: 263.75
    Document Prep fee: 55.00

Total out the door: 29,619.82 Paid Cash.

(We paid separately for the additional upgraded security system that kills the ignition for $350.00--whether this is worth it or not--don't really think so but we have it now so there you go).

I dealt with the Hardin Honda in Anahiem. They were FANTASTIC. I dealt with an internet sales manager. Friendly, and no pushy salesmen. You can send me a message at aliciapeet (at the shout out mail) and I will give you more information. Basically I printed out a figure from all the dealers and they said they would price match or beat it and it was the fastest transaction of less than two hours from the time we got there to the point of getting our keys. No pressure for any add ons which was great.

I don't know if this was a good deal but after two weeks of going back and forth with dealers online...I'm done!
  • mgavmgav Member Posts: 1
    Just closed on a brand new (7 miles total) 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L (no RES or NAV; not a demo model and never damaged or otherwise repaired) that was on the lot.

Joyce Honda - salesman whose one-syllable first name starts with Z and last name starts with T is a straight-shooter and we enjoyed working with him.

MSRP $32,210.00

Invoice $29,166.00
    Plus Destination/ Delivery Fee $670.00
    = $29,836.00

Less Honda Cash Incentive $2,500.00
    = $27,336.00

Less Dealer Holdback (2% of base MSRP = .02 * $32,210.00) = $644.00
    = $26,692.00

Purchased (cash) in stock car from Joyce Honda for $26,685.00 including $185.00 document fee and above-referenced delivery fee.

Plus 7% NJ Sales Tax, title and registration fees
  • jeffhealyjeffhealy Member Posts: 2
    Sorry typo on prior, should be 27,977 base, not 29,977. All else are correct.
    Hi all,

I have been reading all the posts in this forum and thought I would share the figures on my recent purchase. I purchased an EX-L RES for:

Base including destination: 27188.00
    California Tax 7.75% : 2107.07
    Title and License: 263.75
    Document Prep fee: 55.00

Total out the door: 29,619.82 Paid Cash.

(We paid separately for the additional upgraded security system that kills the ignition for $350.00--whether this is worth it or not--don't really think so but we have it now so there you go).

I dealt with the Hardin Honda in Anahiem. They were FANTASTIC. I dealt with an internet sales manager. Friendly, and no pushy salesmen. You can send me a message at aliciapeet (at the shout out mail) and I will give you more information. Basically I printed out a figure from all the dealers and they said they would price match or beat it and it was the fastest transaction of less than two hours from the time we got there to the point of getting our keys. No pressure for any add ons which was great.

I don't know if this was a good deal but after two weeks of going back and forth with dealers online...I'm done!
  • spark8spark8 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought an EX-L in Houston, TX. Here's the OTD:

29100.00 (OTD) inclusive of wheel locks, tinted windows, mud guards, spill tray in the rear, life time power train warranty, paint protection, fabric protection.

Paid cash and could not avail of the AHFC financing.

Would not recommend going to the "big" dealership in Katy. Obnoxious folks.
  • sababusababu Member Posts: 4
    Thank you all for your inputs. This forum is so helpful.

Here is what I paid in Texas. I really appreciate your comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ---------------------
    Trim : 2008 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L with RES & NAV.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ---------------------
    OTD : $33,133
    (Includes..
    7 Year/100,000 Bumper to Bumper extended warranty with $0 deductible.
    GAP Coverage.
    Honda 0.9% apr
    )
  • mameemamee Member Posts: 1
    Very happy. Just bought a new van for $30,000 otd with 2.9% financing from Honda. Its $29,000 otd if pay cash or your own financing from Landmark Honda. Excellent service.

Other 2 dealerships were matching the price, but this is closest. Herson's in MD countered offer with $28,800 otd, but got the reply late after I made the purchase.

Mamee :)
  • ffwuffwu Member Posts: 3
    sounds like a very good deal, which dealer?
  • rockstar7rockstar7 Member Posts: 5
    I am getting this deal for 2008 Odyssey EX-L with RES near Dallas, TX:

MSRP: $33,810
    Invoice: $30,612
    Destination fee: $670
    OTD: $30,800 (Invoice minus $2500 + dest fee +TTL)
    Includes: Tint, splash guards, pin-stripe, cargo tray

My Questions:

1. Is this a good deal?

2. Is it true that if i get $2500 off from invoice(which i am getting) then i am not qualified for AHFC special finance of 2.9% for 60 months?

Dealer is asking for $1000 more for giving a better finance.

Please advise

Thanks!!
    Gillman, Schertz, TX
  • ffwuffwu Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. I am wondering what's the OTD price if without
    7 Year/100,000 Bumper to Bumper extended warranty with $0 deductible.
    GAP Coverage.
    Honda 0.9% apr
    approx. $31,000
  • gluck51gluck51 Member Posts: 9
    Ztennis, wow, $25,558 for EX-L in the SF Bay Area! This is amazing. Is it OTD price? Could you share the information of the dealer that you got it from?

My email is gluck51@yahoo.com

Thanks.
  • newoddynewoddy Member Posts: 1
    Hi Folks,
    I have seen very good pricing in areas like CA, NJ, NC etc. But in WA area, the best I have gotten so far is as follows:

EX-L with Mudgaurd, Pinstripe etc - $27,600.00 PLUS TTL.

Two questions I have for you experts that are getting at much cheaper price:
    1. How can I get it cheaper than this?
    2. Anybody in Seattle area gotten better than this price? If so, I would love to get the information.

Thanks!
    Sri
  • mjansen1mjansen1 Member Posts: 46
    Where in Seattle did you find this? I figure take invoice, then subtract $2500 and 3% holdback of invoice, and add destination charge-- and I am left with $27,336.
    Plus, I think I recall the cash to dealer incentive is ending 9/2. Will it just start right back up again or is it really over?
    Thanks, Mike
  • binthinknbinthinkn Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2008 EX-L with RES and complete tow package at Lancaster Ohio dealer (Buckeye Honda). With a friend and I working on this and a competing dealer (I highly recommend working on two dealers for the best price - even though it seems like a lot of effort), I got the OTD price to 31K, which includes tax, title and license with the tow package (normally around 1,000 installed). The cash price for the vehicle was $28,911, and there was 1,822 in tax and 250 in document fees (title and license). I have been working with this dealer for some time and they were good to work with. The vehicle was not a demo nor did it have unusual issues.
  • fastfred3fastfred3 Member Posts: 4
    Try Huntington Honda or Millenium Honda on long island, Price about $23,500 for EX+TTL
  • slomvesslomves Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up one that had 4 miles on it for $30.5K OTD (8.25% sales and .9% 36 month financing).
  • immiqueimmique Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday picked up Odyssey EX for 25700 in MD with special financing.
    Without special financing it will be around 24600.

22229+dest 670+TAX+TTL+100 doc fee.

Sports, Criswell, Hersons and lot of others are giving same price.
  • southernhivesouthernhive Member Posts: 15
    I have received prices quotes from two different dealers for a 2008 EX-L of 27,090 and 27,086 OTD. Is anyone else getting prices this low??
  • pilot04pilot04 Member Posts: 23
    What's the breakout of your $27K OTD pricing?
  • amyscaramyscar Member Posts: 12
    Sri & Mike

Have you looked into Bellevue? They have a lot of stock. We are looking at buying a EX-L w/ RES (they have 14 of those alone, others only have 3-8). Maybe we should see if we can gang up on them???

Where did you get the $27.6 from? Pretty sure the dealer incentives will last(or get better) until the '08 are gone (my inside source for another manufacture tells me their company plans to extend their sale another week, so I am sure the others will do the same.) The '09 are around the corner as Bellevue put one up on their new inventory stock page online.

-Amy
  • billp4billp4 Member Posts: 7
    Bought a 2008 with a MSRP of $32,880

Dealer adds splash guards and wheel locks (you get no choice) for $243

Bought for $26,605.83 + $399 admin. fee ( seller profit) + $ 69 Tax & title
    + $798.17 3% NC tax on the $26,605.83

Out the door $27,872 Somewhere between the final quote and the final price I didn't get the recent $35 freight increase (and they gave me the .83 cents)

Nice people and a very nice van. I went from a 2000 EX, gave it to my daughter.
  • oliverbayareaoliverbayarea Member Posts: 2
    Hi - It looks like other people have had problems getting the same $25,588 + TTL that I got. So I will be disabling the email I used. If you email that address, please do not expect a reply.

In response to some questions I received:
    - Yes, it is Anderson Honda. They are the only Palo Alto dealership. : )
    - From the boards, it looks like if you want 0.9% financing, you'll have to pay $1000 more.
    - The price I listed was for the based EXL - no accessories, like wheel locks, etc.

Lastly, it looks like there are an amazing number of lurkers out there. If you're having problems getting a price you want, I recommend you post on this board, get in contact with similar buyers, and see if you can work something out. That's how the original people who got this price were able to get it for so low.

Looks like I just hit really good timing.
  • rockstar7rockstar7 Member Posts: 5
    folks,

Quick Question: What should be the credit score to qualify for AHFC special finance of .9 for 36m / 2.9% for 60m?

Any other criteria?

Early reply will be highly appriciated!!
  • southernhivesouthernhive Member Posts: 15
    It is a basic EX-L no DVD or NAV.
    Edited: Lifetime Powertrain and Tranny warranty.
    Hi all,

I have a question. We purchased an EX-L yesterday in Southern California and the "finance guy" told us that the alarm in the odyssey was a piece of junk that only sounds when the door opens....he said NOTHING about the fact that it comes with an ignition immobilizer or that it has basically all of the features that the Karr upgrade alarm has other than the shock sensors and starter disable. The dealer already has the Karr alarm preinstalled and just activates it or deactivates upon the car leaving the lot so its pretty much a scam. We were misled into thinking that the Odyssey did not have an ignition security system....what legally are allowed as a refund on the upgraded dealer installed alarm if we just purchased the vehicle..I know warranties can be cancelled in 30 days...does the same go for the dealer alarm? The dealer says they don't know how to remove the alarm.

Thanks
  • thx123thx123 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks your info and experience are very useful. I have tried Capitol (closer to where I live) since yesterday after seeing your post and got the same result. They said they would call me back but never did. I guess it's just not a good dealership to deal with. I wish I saw your post earlier. I have sent a direct quote request to Anderson just now and see if they can make it again; otherwise I will just wait till the end of year for a good 08 deal or get 09 model for better used car value in the future.
  • jetteck1jetteck1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. I am not sure if you bought the Ody.I am also in the Bay Area and would like to pursue a group purchase. I am looking for a EXL- with REs/Nav in SLate Green with gray interior. Plz email me at Jetteck1@aol.com. Thx
  • deeemandeeeman Member Posts: 2
    I just got an email today (Sep.1) saying a dealer in nc would sell me an exl at $8000 off. I will find out if that is close to the 25k prices I have seen in this blog. I am hoping it is better. I will post again with more info if this is a good legitimate lead.
  • giventoflygiventofly Member Posts: 10
    billp4,
    Did you purchase at Hubert Vester? Also, was this a cash price (no financing)? Thanks.
  • billp4billp4 Member Posts: 7
    It was cash. Dealer is Flow Honda, Winston-Salem
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    I was quoted today (in bay area) 27,395.00 from one dealership, 27,588.00 from another, and the third quoted 27,800. All of these quotes included the 2.9% financing.

Initially, I thought I was being quoted 26,800 with the 2.9 financing for one of the dealers, which i would have taken but upon a confirmation email, I learned that was not the case.

it is frustrating to see a lot of these killer deals in the rest of the country and not being able to get it done here.

I have looked at other vans, Sienna and Quest and almost all 08s are out of stock at local dealerships. I have noticed that Honda still has pretty good supply. Let's hope they increase their incentives. (Toyota had 0% and Nissan had $8500 off of invoice if you knew about the high volume dealer incentive, unfortunately, by the time I figured out there was this additonal incentive, almost all of the product in California was gone).

Happy hunting.