Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ttcttc Member Posts: 17
    is the $2000 dealer cash incentive only good for '04 Sequoia? is it also available for a '05 Sequoia?
  • Options
    baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    ttc, we bought the '04 and the dealer told us that there was a $2000 dealer cash incentive on the '04 models and $750 customer cash on the '05 models. We went for the '04 because the only thing that changed was the increased horsepower and we don't tow anything so it wasn't important. What are you thinking of getting?
  • Options
    husky92husky92 Member Posts: 56
    We went for the '04 because the only thing that changed was the increased horsepower and we don't tow anything so it wasn't important.

There are a few other changes that you may or may not find significant. Personally, if I were shopping today, I'd probably opt for the '05 (we own an '03 SR5). I don't have all the details in front of me, but the '05 now has a DVD Navigation system as an option and the Limited now has memory seats (I think as an option). The SR5 now has optional heated seats which would have been a big deal to me (we added after market heated seats). The extra horsepower doesn't actually translate into more towing capacity. Also, the '05 now uses a 5 speed automatic from the Landcruiser, I believe which gets you about 1 MPG better mileage.
  • Options
    Thanks baseballmom! I'd probably go for a '05 as I am one of those who like whatever newer/inovative.... :-)
  • Options
    baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    Well, I'm leasing the '04 Sequoia so in 3 years, I'll be able to upgrade to the newest version at that time. The main thing I was hoping for was a fold-flat third row which Toyota hasn't done yet so other than that I can live with the '04. It's still new anyway!
  • Options
    Congratulations baseballmom for your new Sequoia, and yes, it is new!
  • Options
    bmarmadabmarmada Member Posts: 4
    OK folks. Tell me if this is average, good or great deal. The dealer do not have inventory today but will have it in a week. What is the typical discount off MSRP on LTD edition?
  • Options
    anyone could suggest a trustable, low price, good sevice dealer?
  • Options
    markholbrookmarkholbrook Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I'm sure I've just missed this in the TONS of information here...

I'm interested in a 2005 Sequoia with virtually everything. I ordered the Edmunds report and got the numbers.

I'm confused about the TMV and what it really shows. In reading many of these reviews I've seen LOTS of "below invoice" deals. That's typically what I'm used to seeing too. But when I did the TMV I got:

Sequoia (LX package and most options) MSRP 52275
    Invoice: 45856
    TMV: 48600

What gives?
  • Options
    markholbrookmarkholbrook Member Posts: 5
    Limited

EY
    NV
    LX
    NF
    GY
    HY
    EJ
    RF
    RL

Invoice shows: 45856
    TMV: 48600
  • Options
    kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Since there is a $750 rebate on the 05, I would deduct $45856 minus $750 which would be $45106. From there I would go about $200 to $400 over invoice...so about $45500 at the most.
  • Options
    kennynmd, which state you are in? is this rule apply to every states?
  • Options
    dirtdevil2dirtdevil2 Member Posts: 8
    For a 05 Sequoia RWD with options

Leather Package(Preferred package)
    Alloy package 2
    Convenience package
    Keyless Entry
    Roof Rack
    Fog & Driving Lamps
    Wood interior
    6 CD Changer
    Carpet mats/trunk
    Daytime running lights
    windows tint
    Rear passenger door privacy glass

I am getting a quote of $37,179 OTD

Is this a fair deal?
  • Options
    zebramorayzebramoray Member Posts: 18
    Holy Smokes! This is a very good price.. I would confirm that this is OTD and not pre TTL.. What dealership gave you this quote?
  • Options
    what is pre TTL? I got like 3 dealers within a range of $300, the least one was from gatorland in gainesville, fl?
    One of the other dealer was mentioning that the price u r getting for will not have a good leather as it is after market. Does it really matter?

With all said ,So do u think it is good price?
  • Options
    TTL - Tax, Title, and License.. Never heard of the after market leather comment.. This sounds fishy to me..
  • Options
    um.... you have 6 CD changer, is this a limited or SR5 ? I thought toyota doesn't allow 6CD changer in SR5...
  • Options
    kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I'm in Maryland..which I believe has the 750 rebate.
  • Options
    njmomnjmom Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to buy a 2004 limited 4x4 with the dvd entertainment system. It's a CPO with 10,500 miles. We were quoted $38,700 from the dealer before TTL. We live in NJ. Does this price seem reasonable or a little high for a "used" 2004?
  • Options
    The price is OTD, including tax, title and plate.
    Just came to know that after market leather, means that they get installed by the dealer not at the port.

Also came to know that leather installed at port is better than the one got installed from dealer. Is that right? My guess is the workmanship and quality of leather packg done by dealers may not be that good.

Is anybody know of this thing?
  • Options
    It is a SR5 RWD and i am sure that it comes with 6CD Changer.
  • Options
    joelnovajoelnova Member Posts: 11
    I thought this price is very reasonable but not a bargain. I noticed this is RWD not 4x4. To get the 4 wheel drive option, one will probably have to pay around $1500 extra.
    Having said this, you're still getting a good price.
  • Options
    BTW, what dealership gave you this quote? I live in Northern VA and am looking to get a new SR5 myself. Thanks.
  • Options
    shelbydog25shelbydog25 Member Posts: 18
    joelnova, just thought I'd jump in on this...

Bought mine last Saturday, Leesburg Toyota, $200 over invoice. plus they didn't have the color and they went to another dealership to get it...
  • Options
    THanks, Shelbydog. I'll keep this in mind.
  • Options
    kouserkouser Member Posts: 7
    i bought mine SR5 RWD with almost all options

except heated seats for 37500
  • Options
    spotbearsdspotbearsd Member Posts: 33
    $400 over Invoice

That was the best I could do for a 2005 4wd SR5 in California. I got 1 of only 2 white SR5 4wd in the state at the time of purchase. The selling dealership didnt even have the vehicle listed on inventory in an effort to hide it from other dealerships. I found it by sneaking onto thier satellite storage lot one morning!

Edmunds was wrong about the $750 dealer market support. I asked many dealerships about it and they all said no and one even produced the actual dealer print-out of factory programs and incentives. I was surprised at how difficult the Toyota dealerships where to negotiate with. This was by far the most tiresome purchase. Toyota dealers seem to know they can sell product easily and have no need to work deals. I even had to search my own buy bid to get an extra $1000 on the trade-in.

In the end, it was all worth it once I got that wonderful vehicle in my garage.
  • Options
    Kouser,..

was that 37500 drive out price? i am getting quotes here in dallas for loaded up 2005, RWD, SR5's for 36,500 w/o TTL... Edmunds and carpoint (www.msnautos.com) price out the invoice on these closer to 35,000.. I know Toyota shows you the invoice, but that includes a 2% dealer hold back, in which the manufacture gives back to the dealers quarterly.. it's about $850 bucks that the dealer gets when selling trucks at thier "invoice" price..
  • Options
    What kind of interest rates on a 72 month loan are people getting who have Excellent credit??
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi zebramoray, you might also post in our topic called Questions About Financing New Vehicles to see what rate you should expect the pay, whether it's through Toyota or another lender.

kirstie_h

Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    brianp1brianp1 Member Posts: 1
    What is TDA? What was your invoice? I am looking for an '05 SR5 4WD with the upgrades you mentioned in N CA
  • Options
    ibmindlessibmindless Member Posts: 62
    Edmunds is showing $750 in Marketing Support for 2005 Sequoias. Unfortunately, this is not the case according to Toyota dealers and CarsDirect.

Where did Edmunds get their info???

TDA = Toyota Dealer Advertising (fee).
  • Options
    05seq_buyer05seq_buyer Member Posts: 2
    Note about the Dealer incentive. It DOES exist (at least in the central Atlantic region) but you aren't supposed to know about it. I just ordered an 05 Sequoia and I was using that incentive as part of my negotiation. I called 1-800-GO-TOYOTA on 12/17/2004 and they confirmed it existed, along with 750 cash to customer. My dealer called the same number on 12/21 right in front of me and it somehow disappeared. I called Toyota Corporate and was told I shouldn't have been made aware of it; they couldn't confirm it, but said my information was not inaccurate. I told them it was on Edmunds for the world to see. My dealer agreed to sell a decked out 2005 4WD SR5 with Nav/leather/sunroof, etc. for invoice + TDA + processing. Ourisman Chantilly Toyota, Chantilly VA
  • Options
    ibmindless,

what was the invoice price you were going off of?
  • Options
    Did u get navi and DVD too?
  • Options
    kc1711kc1711 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Maryland and just purchased a 4X4 Sequoia SR5 that had all of the options other than DVD, Navigation, and air suspension and got a great deal from Carmax (Laurel Toyota) in Laurel, MD. The sticker was $44600 and I ended up getting it for $38900 after the $750 rebate and another $600 rebate (which gets taken off the "no haggle" price shown on the sticker)that only Carmax is offering until the end of this year on all Toyotas. The buying experience was also the best I have ever experienced and I ended up getting $1,400 more for my trade in than three other dealerships were willing to give me. Hope this information helps some of you in the area looking to purchase this great vehicle!
  • Options
    gregwgrgregwgr Member Posts: 2
    Just picked a 2005 SR5 4WD 4dr SUV 4.7L 8cyl

packages PT, AG, SR, EJ, TO,CQ, KE,DR,LF,PG,RL

39,030 +299+tax

For some reason they don't ship the IV (inside rerview autodimming mirror) as part of this factory group. purchased after from parts for 230.00 dollars. Internet sales, dealer in aurora, CO.

Yep, its christmas for the better half, and it had better last for 10 years.
  • Options
    amatuamatu Member Posts: 4
    Looking to buy a Sequoia in Austin TX. Can anyone recommend a dealer in Austin/Dallas/Houston or San Antonio. I will gladly buy through the internet as well although I need to complete this by the end of the year to take advantage of the expiring tax loophole for vehicles of that size. Also what will be a reasonable price for a fully loaded 2005 Sequoia limited.
  • Options
    james13james13 Member Posts: 2
    You got a decent price, according to the research I did with Edmunds and working with 5 dealerships in southern California. The only dealer that was a rip-off, was one that does not work with Edmunds. I was lucky enough to get a blue SR5 with a $38,174 MSRP for $33,078, which is about $400.00 under invoice. The experience I had was so fast and easy it was scary. I got the quote from Simi Valley Toyota. I went there the next day. I signed a few forms, they gave me the keys and I left. The rip-off was at Hamer Toyota. The best "deal" they offered for the SR5 with everything I got from Simi was a used SR5 for $36,000. Work with Edmunds dealers, get several quotes, and if you can, go to Simi Toyota.
  • Options
    james13james13 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to Edmunds, I went to local dealers armed with knowledge. I went to Hamer Toyota before researching on Edmunds. I did not feel as if I was getting a "deal" at all. I wanted a Sequoia with running boards. A salesman told me the best thing he could do was give me 15% off running boards if I bought them from their parts department. Then he told me if I want a good price on a Sequoia with the options I really needed, I could buy the used model on their lot for $36,000. I went home and checked out Edmunds. I found 4 dealers. Simi Valley Toyota offered me a blue SR5 with a $38,174.00 MSRP for $33,078.00. This price is a few hundred dollars under invoice. I could not believe the speed and ease of buying this vehicle. I was in and out so fast, I did not even have time to drink a cup of stale dealership coffee. WOW!
  • Options
    I am getting an OTD price of $37,179 for an 2005 SR5 RWD Sequoia over here in jax, florida with the following options

- Leather Package

- Alloy package 2

- Convenience package

- Key less entry

- 6 cd changer

- wood interior

- carpet mats,cargo/trunk

- fog and driving lights

- daytime running lights

- windows tinted

- Roof rack

Is that a good buy? I am just curios as to whether to make this a deal before the year end as we are getting a good financing package from toyota for dec 2004. I am afraid if i will loose that special.

Is it better to buy this year or wait for another couple of months more.
  • Options
    No sunroof? If that includes TTL, that's pretty good. I'm getting quotes for $36500 for the same type truck, but with sun roof, night vision mirror, side turn signals, convience package, tow package, spoiler, and heated seats.. Please tell me what kind of financing package Toyota is offering you..
  • Options
    I have not yet asked for the financing from them yet. But hopefully i should be able to get that special financing rates offered by toyota.
  • Options
    petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    I have a '01 and am ready to sell it to my brother-in-law and get a new one. I love the blue limited and want

navigation system

luxury package (memory seats)

side air bags

EJ 3 in 1 premium Combo w/6 cd changer

rear spoiler

edmunds shows a MSRP of 46,120

invoice of 40,847

and TMV of 42,964

Since this is the last year of the body style are these going for invoice or below price??

What should I expect here in Sacramento.....
  • Options
    Sorry for the delayed response... The invoice I used was from Edmunds. Edmund's version of the invoice matched Cars Direct invoice price which also matched one dealer's invoice that I saw. However, the dealer's invoice charged $535 for TDA.
  • Options
    kc1711kc1711 Member Posts: 3
    For financing, I found Capital One Auto Finance to have the best rates. With a good credit rating, I received a 72 month rate of 5.39%, which even beat my local credit union that usually has some of the lowest rates. They'll even overnight a check to you and you have thirty days to use it. It was a very hassle-free process for me and highly recommend that you check out their rates.
  • Options
    Just purchased an 05, SR5, with leather, Silver Sky exterior.. Truck had Option Package D, plus the Molded Dash Applique, Vehichle Shield Package, and Sun Roof Visor, for $36,995.. (MSRP of $42,821) Add TTL for an OTD of $39,576.. Toyota of Richardson, in Dallas Texas.. No haggle, just gave me the lowest price in Dallas/Ft. Woth Area.. $5,826 off of MSRP was the best deal I have seen in the area and on this Board.. We test drove Suburban Z71, Nissan Armada, and Ford Expedition... Wife loved Armada the most, but after 3 months research, found too many problems in it's first year of production. Toyota gave us 5.39% @ 72 months, with excellent credit. Got a quote for 5% @ 72 months from Synergy Bank, in Waco, TX. Didn't want to wait for the check since needed to get purchase in for 04 tax year.
  • Options
    Forgot to add, the SR5 above also had Keyless Entry, Sunroof, and the Alloy Wheel Package #2..
  • Options
    Nice deal --- that beats my $5364 off a new Limited last week.
  • Options
    petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    Wow I want to buy a new one to replace my '01 but am having real trouble here in sacramento. I want a limited with navagitioin and the LX package 2wd. There are NONE. The dealers hear have only gotten in one or two with the LX package since they came out, and they were equiped with every option, That put the price in the upper 40s.

Are other areas of the country having this much trouble....