Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Intrigue: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• wbhallwbhall Member Posts: 39
    (I thought I should repost this in the proper forum)

I would like to thank whoever posted the contact "Eddie Goodwin at Biddolph Arrowhead Oldsmobile @ 623-933-3900" for latest information on this dimming problem. He was very knowledgable on this issue and didn't try to hurry me away even though I'm calling from a different state and not one of his customers. If all GM dealers had Service Managers like him we as customers would be a lot happier!

(FYI-My Intrigue is a 2002 model)
    The problem with the dimming lights is only on the 3.5 liter engines which were used in the Intrigues. The culprit is the "Air Injection Pump" that kicks on to add more air to the fuel injection system. This pump pulls 45-60 watts of power which then causes the lights to dim. There is no current fix for this problem but he said the last he knew, GM was looking at re-writing the program so that the pump doesn't kick on all at once and cause the lights to dim. He also said there is nothing to worry to about in regards to the lights quit working all together. Changing the alternator wouldn't help because my 2002 would already have the newest version! I mentioned back to him that I have actually had the car in front of me at night (driving on the highway) wave back at me because he thought I was flashing my lights at him and that wasn't good and he agreed with me on that. With that happening by being accidently in a bad section of some town could possibly cause some bad things to happen. I know I'm be a little melow dramatic there but anything is possible in the world we live in today!

I hope that this answer or lack of an answer helps everyone with the dimming light problem!
    Has anyone else ran into this problem? On my 2002 Intrigue with the lights set in the "off position", when it gets dark outside the headlights will turn on automatically like they should but the dashlights and tail-lights don't. If I manually move the light switch to the "headlights position" they work fine. Anyone?
  • butltcbutltc Member Posts: 3
    So, I went to Oldsmobile's web site to inform them of the problem.

I promptly got an e-mail response, which said, "We sincerely apologize for the Transmission Failure you are experiencing with your 1998 BUICK Intrigue (caps mine)."

No wonder there's a problem! I thought I was driving an Olds, and it's actually a Buick!

The local dealer, Paul Brothers Oldsmobile in Herndon, Virginia, ran some interference for me with the regional service manager, and the customer service person I spoke with at Oldsmobile was very pleasant. We ended up splitting the difference on the replacement transmission. While it still hurts to shell out nearly $1,400, I know I'm certainly not entitled to a new unit at no charge, since I used 48,000 miles worth of the old transmission. Plus, with the rest of the car in good shape, I'd rather pay that than be strapped with a $500 payment each month on a new car.

Paul Brothers had the car finised a day earlier than promised, and it now runs like a champ.

Overall, it was no fun, but I will say that the dealer and Olds customer service kept a bad situation from being much worse.
  • kfpkfp Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 2001 Intrigue since I purchased it new in July of 2001. I have enjoyed the car immensely until that last month. The car has under 18,000 miles on it. I have noticed that the steering becomes very stiff at intermittent times. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the timing of this problem. I took it into the dealership and they replaced the cooling line of the power steering unit, taking 5 days to complete. That repair made no difference. We have taken it back twice since then to no avail. The second time my wife took it in, they test drove it and a new 2002 Intrigue and after an hour and a half, claimed there was no difference in the steering between them. They called me at work and I told them that I had bought the car new and that its steering now certainly wasn't what it had been when I bought the car. The next time was just today. My wife took it in. They again drove the car and said they couldn't duplicate any problem. They looked up service bulletins for older model Intrigues but didn't seem to think that they applied to mine. They said they didn't know what to do. They said that replacing the power steering pump might solve the problem, but that if they replaced it and it didn't solve the problem that GM might think they were incompetent by doing something that didn't solve the problem. They sent my wife home after an hour and a half and told her to have me bring it by again some time so that we could go for a ride together. What a joke! Does anyone out there have any suggestions or have experienced similar problems?
  • tacrum43tacrum43 Member Posts: 1
    The rear windows on my '99 Intrigue GL are stuck, they work sometimes occasionally though, anybody else have this problem?
    After finally convincing the local service rep by having my salesman tell them that my 2002 Intrique does have the automatic light feature they got "Tech Assistance" involved to help them with the problem. The problem ended up being a relay coil. Automatic light feature works again! Now if only the lights wouldn't dim anymore! Sigh!
  • tag44tag44 Member Posts: 4
    This is my first time posting a message. I have read about all the problems for a couple of weeks now. I have a 99 with just over 50,000 miles and have had the steering shaft replaced twice and have had it lubed two times. There have been people asking if they are going to have to pay for having it lubed after it goes off warranty. The answer to that is yes. My dealership charges $110.00 plus tax. The first time I had the steering shaft replaced I had the car for six months and it only had just over 7000 miles on it. The dealership that replaced it put down on the paper that it was replaced "due to poor design",(this is working in my favor). Its funny that GM is now trying to say its a maintance problem, when most of you and I and GM knows better than that. How many other cars have you had in the past that needed the steering shaft lubed as a regular normal maintence.
    Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is a long one and I'm trying to keep it short. I'm still in the process of fighting this. I have gone through the steps in the back of the owners manual on how to resolve these problems. Here are a few things I've learned. The customer service people will drag you along until the time expires for you to get anything done about it through the steps in the book. Even if it means paying for the work after the warranty has just gone off. The more time you waste dealing with the customer service people (although they make you think they really care and are going to help you) the older your car gets and the more miles you run up on it. The BBB Auto line people can only help you while your car in still under warranty with GM, so if you are having problems with the steering shaft and its under warranty, start fighting this problem now, its not going to go away. The day after I called the BBB to file with them, I get a call from a customer service person (yes the same people I have been working with). Now I still haven't received the paperwork from the BBB, because its the very next day. Anyway, she informed me that its too late to file with the BBB, but that they are willing to give me a letter to carry in my glove box that I can get my steering shaft repaired free for 6yrs or 100,000 miles which ever comes first. So you people that are still under warranty, there's an option for you. I turned it down, because I'm not going to save that much money with that offer and I feel I have a good case against GM right now, with the first paper stating that it was a poor design. I'm not sure if I've covered everything that can help people out. Like I said its a long story and I'm still in the process of fighting GM on this, but I just wanted to let people know that if you are going to fight it, it should be easier for you while its still under warranty. Beware of the Customer service people, remember they work for GM, no matter how much they make you feel they are on your side.
  • chatugechatuge Member Posts: 1
    1999 Oldsmobile GX. 69,000 miles. Transmission pressure control valve and 4 solenoids need to be replaced. Estimated cost of repair is $992 plus $90 to diagnose the problem. Any similar problems? What disposition was reached with customer assistance representative?
  • tandertander Member Posts: 21
    Ive heard from several sources that the 3.5 motot was discontinued because it leaks oil. My mechanic says mine is still ok but to keep an eye on it. Any similar experiences out there?
    Chatuge, if you were asking me. I haven't had any transmission problems. I'm not working with the GM Reps anymore. I'm seeking leagal advice and filing with the Consumer Affairs. Everyone with repeat problems should be filing with the Better Business and Consumer Affairs, the more reports of problems the better it is for all the people having repeated problems. The more problems reported the more they will check into things.
  • shadowmonkeyshadowmonkey Member Posts: 9
    My 99 GX has a similar problem. Both of the rear windows stop working on occasion for no apparent reason. The driver's side rear one was "fixed" at one point, but now makes a funny clunking noise when passing about halfway up/down. At some point, it will be brought back in for this, as it drives me nuts.

The passenger side rear window, I've noticed, is more likely to stop working after a really heavy rain. It'll stop working for days, and then all of a sudden, start working again. The window motor was replaced at one point, due to "broken wiring", but I actually wonder if they replaced anything at all.

Mike
  • hues10hues10 Member Posts: 10
    '98 GL Intrigue here with 50K miles. Starting to have a problem with a hesitation in the transmission, when going approx. 50 mph and coasting in the Overdrive gear, I step on the gas to accelerate, and it "bucks" once or twice before downshifting into a lower gear and goes.

Has anyone else had similar problems which turned out to be the dreaded solenoid replacement in the tranny. What were your tranny symptoms.

I brought it to the dealer yesterday, and they could not find anything wrong. They said the transmission oil looked fine and it might be a fuel injector thing. I doubt it cause it has no problems accelerating normally, only when in the Overdrive gear at 50 mph.

Help, I may be trading this in real soon.
  • buzzard4buzzard4 Member Posts: 43
    kfp,

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I had the same problem with my 99 GLS 3.5 about a year ago at around 50-60K miles. Mine was mainly at low speeds, like turning into a parking space. It got progressively worse so that it felt like there was no power assist at all. Since I bought mine before Olds got its death sentence, my warranty was only good for 36K, and I didn't get an extended warranty.

After a visit or two where they said they couldn't duplicate the problem, they first replaced the intermediate shaft. No help with the main problem, but that strange clunking noise went away. Then they replaced the steering rack, with their reasoning being that the seals in the rack had deteriorated, which was causing a pressure drop. That worked for about 2 weeks, then the problem came back. They replaced the rack again, still had the problem. Finally they replaced the pump (and I think the pulley for it), and the problem was fixed. All in all, the car was in their hands for over 5 weeks total while this was all going on. I paid full price for the ISS (around $400 if I recall), and after hours on the phone with Olds, the dealer, and their district manager, I got the rack for 1/2 of the warranty price, so around $400 more.

It sounds like they're on the right track with yours. Make sure they follow through. You have plenty of miles left on your warranty, but they still like to drag their heels on these things. Mine got progressively worse, so eventually they won't even be able to deny it. The ride-along is a good idea, and once it gets bad enough, you'll be able to tell when their guy can't turn the wheel without two hands.

Good luck!
  • tmooney78tmooney78 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Intrigue, which I bought used with 42000mi and has been running fine for the last 6500mi I’ve put on it. The other day the car started fine and I drove off. A half-mile later, the tachometer and temperature gauge stopped working, and the “trac control” light came on the console along with the “service soon” light. A half-mile after that, the tachometer and temp gauge kicked back on, and the “trac-control” and “service soon” light went off, but the red security light came on. I stopped the car shortly after and it remained off for a half hour. When I restarted the ignition, the security light stayed off, but the “trac-control” light came on and stayed on along with the “Anti-lock brake” light. Since then, the service light has not come back on.
    I unplugged my battery, and forgot about it for a few hours, hoping it would reset. When I reconnected the + terminal, the "trac control" light went out, apparently permanently. Now I can't get it to respond at all when I hit the button on the consol behind the shift lever. Usually I could turn the "trac control" button on and off and it would let me know if it was engaged with a light on the consol. Now I can't get that light to work at all. Also, the "Anti-Lock Brake" light is still on constantly. According to the manual, this may mean I don't have anti-lock brakes, though I haven't noticed a change in the way the car stops. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. In addition, it’s been raining pretty steadily for the last couple of weeks. Could the damp weather be a culprit for this problem? I have not hit any unusually large mud puddles.
    In addition to all this, since I unplugged the radio, there is an anti-theft lock that engaged on it, which works when the radio looses its battery connection. The radio will no longer work until I plug in a code that will disengage the lock. When I bought the car, they never told me about this feature, nor did they supply the override code. It is a big pain but it doesn't really worry me because the dealer I bought it from said they will fix it for me when I’m in town. I was just wondering if anyone could help because I now live in North Carolina, and I bought the car in New York. I hate the thought of my next long ride to New York without a radio.
  • jcne3jcne3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Intrigue GL with 58K. Car has been great- no transmission or engine problems. Replaced steering gear once.

However,my front Passenger Door has been sticking for several months now. Dealer fixed several weeks ago and now problem is back.

Door is hard to open from outside and harder from the inside.

Anyone had this problem and fixed it?
  • ketchketch Member Posts: 217
    Got the ISS lube, and it made all the difference, although I suspect I'll have to have it again, out of warrantee, in another 30k miles. The dealer also replaced a rear strut/shock that caused some noise. Thanks to all who provided me the ISS lube info and TSB data!

...as to the aformentioned door problem, i also had my door (pass. one) start to bind when opening. It required the door latch to be re-aligned, which I did myself, and so far, a year later it still works. Many cars develop some door sag as they pile on the miles, requiring some adjustment.
  • ketchketch Member Posts: 217
    That's the first I'd heard that the sticking door was due to an mis-aligned door latch. The usual culprit is the trim at the top of the door. Take a look at the top, back corner of the door. There's a strip of trim on the outside that rides in a track along the top of the door. In some Intrigues, that trim is not attached and tends to slide out over time. Once it sticks out about a half inch, it starts to make the door stick. Several people have said they had the dealer fix it permanantly, but my dealer never could. I just use a rubber mallet and pound it back in when it starts sticking out.
  • heshamhesham Member Posts: 1
    I was told that there's a silent recall for
    the Intrigue 2000 steering shaft. I am experiencing knocking noise during turns.
  • tarchertarcher Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone.. I just purchased a 2000 GL a few weeks ago and out of the blue the "Service Engine Soon" light came on and the engine almost died. It acted like it was starving for gas. I of course had it towed back to the dealer where I purchased it and they said they would take care of it. (Which I expected)

As of today 5 days later they finally said it was a bad Crank Sensor. They seem to think it's not a problem but after some research on my own I found out it could be very extensive. Let me say there are 40k miles on the car when I purchased it.

My question is do I have a reason to be concerned in the future for similar problems? I really like thew car as a whole and thought I got a good deal.

Any Ideas? Thanks !
    I have a '99 3.5 GLS I bought "new" three years ago (it actually had about 400 miles on it). I found out that it had the crank sensor replaced before I got it. It's now at 77K miles, and although it's had plenty of other problems since, none have been related to that sensor. I'm curious that it went 40K miles before having a problem. I thought that usually went bad fairly quickly. I haven't heard of anyone having repeat problems with that sensor.
    Thanks for your comments. I sure hope for the dealers sake I haven't purchased a lemon. So far they have been nice about the whole endeavor. I hope that really fixes the problem. They called me about an hour ago and they are going to deliver the car to my office. I think it's their excuse to test drive the car and check it out for any other problems.

I'll keep you all posted as to the outcome of this problem.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL !
    hesham - Post #120

I have found this interesting. Can you please keep us informed on this. I am still fighting my problem with the steering problem (see my post #108). Where did you hear the rumor from?
    Good Monday Morning All ! Well I took delivery from the shop on Friday about 11:00 am They took 4 days to replace the crank sensor and told me it was a $1250.00 job.... I say BS... 1250 for fixing a sensor sounds a bit out of line. I have checked with a few family member which have Intrigue's and 2 of them said they had to have the sensor replaced also and the cost wasn't over $300.00 Thank God for extended warranties. Any way my wife and I took at 450 mile trip this past weekend and the car drove beautifully. Im very pleased that we have decided to purchase this car. Gas mileage for the weekend averaged 31.5 MPG which is excellent. Well anyway we are happy with the car so far !
  • msw13msw13 Member Posts: 51
    tmooney78-I had this same problem on my '99 GL in April. I had the dealer run the codes, and it ended being the ABS motor. My rear discs did not work at all. I could tell only in extreme situations. Part was ~$350, labor was 3 hours @ $70/hr. Ouch!! But, that is all the problem I have had. It had about 56K on it then. Now it has 64K. Good Luck.
  • huebiehuebie Member Posts: 1
    I had a catastrophic tranny failure at 31600 miles. Any one else with a similiar history? GM says not common just bad lack. Please reply with any info as to other similiar problems.
    You may want to also post on the main board. There are a few recent posts about transmission problems, but on newer models I believe. I have a '99 3.5 GLS, and no tranny problems to date.
  • gmtofordgmtoford Member Posts: 10
    I have a 99 GL with 72K. There are knocking noises come from steering wheel when I make turns or just change direction slightly. Do you think flushing the steering fluid will slove the problem, or it's the steering shaft problem mentioned in above posts? Thanks!
  • magikmikemagikmike Member Posts: 1
    I have a '99 Intrique and have had problems with the cassette (yes cassette) player. The original system (Bose) that came with the car was defective after about 3 months. The CD player was fine, but I had to pry out any casettes from the player. I took it back to the Olds dealer and got a new stereo. Well the new one is doing the same thing. While I don't play a lot of cassettes, I would still like to think that I should not have problems with system.

Tires: It is time to replace the "H" rated Eagle tires (16 ") Any suggestions?
    gmtoford,

You could try the fluid first, but considering how pervasive the intermediate shaft problem is, I'd bet that is the problem. There are links to the relevant TSB on the Intrigue main board.
  • gmfbodygmfbody Member Posts: 1
    Good afternoon.

I recently picked up a new 2002 Intrigue, as I know a number of people who have them and they have been trouble free for them.

Has anyone had any issue with water in the trunk? I am taking it back to the dealer next week, but I thought it would be beter if I am armed and ready. The water is actually in the trunk lid. When I open the lid, water comes rushing out. The only place I can see this coming from is the spoiler.

After reading this board, I am glad I got the 5y/60k GMPP warranty.
  • moonshadowmoonshadow Member Posts: 256
    I had this problem . do not bother with gm guys they are morons.

The problem came from the plastic screw inserts behind the licence plate.

If you look up under the inside of the trunk lid in behind the plate location you will see water tracks coming down from the insert holes that hold the plate.

My problem only happened in a heavy wind driven rain when it hit the back of the car at an angle.

I solved this by removing the plate and removing the inserts ( kinda tricky but with patience you wont break them. They have a wing that may have to be pushed from the inside to release them ).

I then applied black silicone around the perimeter of the clip and at the back of the clip where th screw comes through.
    Reinserted the clip, whipped the excess and put back the plate.

I pulled everything out to get a good idea as to what was happening and If i was to do it again, Instead of removing the clips i think one could just pry them out a little and run a smallbead around the perimeter and then put some into the holes and then put the screw into the wet silicone to fill the space around the threads to keep the water from weeping in.

Good luck with dealer. I know of people who had their wing removed and buggered up finish with no success. Check to see if you have a thin gasket like foam between the trunk lid and the wing. If you do then your problemsmay well be what i had. The water marks inside the trunk behind where the plate is your first look

Good luck
  • phibeiphibei Member Posts: 1
    Went to drain the anti-freeze on my 2000 Intrigue GL when I discovered that the drain valve requires a special tool to open and close the valve. Called two dealers service managers for info on the tool, which they say does not exist. GM customer service was no help either, they suggested calling the dealer. It looks like a triangle shaped male socket of some sort is needed. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.
  • betrichardsonbetrichardson Member Posts: 2
    Help!!! I just bought a 2000 Olds Intrigue and just have had it 1 week when I couldn't get the thing to start. It acts like its been flooded when it finally does start because a small cloud of smoke comes out of the exhaust. Took it in for repair and they ran a diagnostic on it, which came back and said that we should replace the Crank and CAM sensors. So we did that. Now 2 days later and $500 later the thing doesn't want to start again. Went dead at a stop sign and took a good 10 minutes before it would start again. Anyone got any ideas?
  • akitadogakitadog Member Posts: 117
    I had a similar problem where my car would not start for me if the engine was hot. They replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Perhaps you are losing pressure in the fuel line?
    FYI, Both my crank sensors were replaced before they found out the real problem.

Good luck!
  • oldsdanlpoldsdanlp Member Posts: 6
    My 2000 Intrigue was doing the same thing and after 2 trips to the dealer they replaced the ignition switch($400)which finally fixed the problem. They previously had relaced the crank sensor.
  • jjpowell2jjpowell2 Member Posts: 91
    We've also had our ignition replaced. A good test to see if it is a faulty ignition is to wiggle the key in the ignition while the car is running. Our engine would simply cut out while driving. Make sure the weight of your keys/keychain is kept to a minimum as it's very hard on the ignition switch.
  • betrichardsonbetrichardson Member Posts: 2
    Found out what the problem was or at least I think so. I took the vehicle back to the dealership and they replaced the computer in it. More specifically, the PCM. That seems to have fixed it. It's running great for now. Thanks for the information.
  • gmtofordgmtoford Member Posts: 10
    will lub help? Thanks!
  • beljumbeljum Member Posts: 3
    I am yet another intrigue owner with the 3.5 liter engine that looses at least 2 quarts of oil between changes. My 1999 has about 45,000 miles. Has anyone tried to reach the company regarding this problem?
    Hum? 2.0 quarts

How long ( miles or klics) are your oil changes. Do you go by the dealer the car book or the oil life monitor? What is your ratio to town and highway? Do you make a lot of starts? Do you think you have a heavy foot? Do you use the gas pedal as a on/off switch?

Either way seems like a lot.

Reading the stick on the 3.5 is weird. If I put in in so that the engine oil lettering on the yellow pull handle is facing me it reads at the top of the 3/4 inch recess on the dip, however, if I face the lettering toward the fire wall it reads about 3/16 to 1/4 below the previous reading.

I also find that the level of the car is important. My driveway has an very, very slight rise before the garage and if I check it there, it tends to read about 1/2 from the bottom of the recess. Yet if I drive it into the flat of my garage where I do the oily change, its where it should be.

Like I said it the wierdest dipstick I ever saw and i do oily changes for about 10 people.

I currently have about 25500kms with 5500 on the last oily change and now and am reading about 1/8 to 3/16 from the top of the notch ,which i have found is not much more than a few mouthfulls of oil. (Not that i measure it that way. Yuck.)

I always go with 5000 klics/ 3000 miles but this time the oil life monitor will let me know. Previously it comes on after about 7000-7500 klics. .
    Moonshawdow,

I change my oil when the change oil light comes on. It usually happens at about 7,000 miles (about 11,000 klics) after a change. My intrigue has around 45,000 miles and this is the second time it happened. I am a fairly moderate driver regarding stops and starts but I go fast on long trips. My driving habits haven't changed since I got this car new. I've never had a similar problem with a car so young.

Beljum
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Member Posts: 1,277
    That's one quart every 3,500 miles. That's not really a large amount. If you changed your oil every 3,000, you probably wouldn't have to add oil at all. I think the longer oil change intervals tend to make oil consumption seem worse than cars with short intervals when really it is about the same.
    Virtually every other car that I've owned except for a Sable used no oil between changes before 90 or 100 thousand miles. The Sable had a bad main bearing. Changing the oil more often simply hides the problem and costs more since all 7 quarts rather are replaced rather than just adding a couple of quarts. I have a long enough of a commute to work every day so that my oil doesn't need to be changed any more frequently than the recommend interval. I've maintained all of my previous cars this way without any ill effects.
  • dscer1dscer1 Member Posts: 1
    Include our car with those that complained about steering noises and such. After complaining, our dealership replaced the intermediate steering shaft in the steering column at 18,000 miles while under warranty. Now at 60,000 miles the wheel was stiff to turn each time the car sat for any time. A $1095 new steering rack seems to solve the problem at our expense. I wonder if the intermediate shaft problem led to the rack to fail? Is there a recall on Intrigue Steering parts?
    dscer1,

Sorry I haven't been checking this board over the holidays. My '99 had the same problem with stiff steering at about the same mileage. They replaced the rack (also at our expense), and that worked for about 2 weeks. The problem then returned, worse than before. After several weeks in the shop, they determined that the problem was the power steering pump and the pulley that drives it. It took a lot of time for them and effort (including replacing the rack again at THEIR expense) for them to figure that out. Hopefully you won't have to go through the same pain I did.
  • pbostickpbostick Member Posts: 1
    I have been experiencing a clicking which has been coming through the brake peddle, steering wheel and the floor board. After taking it to the local olds dealership (while still under warranty) and them telling me nothing was wrong I took it to a front end specialist. He found the problem to be in the sub-frame. Though the frame is tight and it appears to be safe for the time being it is not getting any better. Actually getting worse with time and miles. I would like to know if there have been any other problems in this area and if this would be covered under the warranty?
    could you be more specific.

When does the clicking noise happen and what exactly is wrong with the sub frame. Welds, Cracks and where in the sub frame is the problem that your specialist found.

How does one try and duplicate this.
  • themingsterthemingster Member Posts: 1
    MY 99 GLS has a significant water leak in the front passenger side on days with heavy rain. Has anyone had this problem?
  • dbogeydbogey Member Posts: 2
    1998 GLS went back to GM after 26k miles, buyback!!

1999 GLS 3.5, went 75k miles with ISS shaft replacement, crank sensor, alternator, a/c temp sensor, and new front struts..All repairs covered by warranty.had a SLP exhaust, and Michelin Pilot tires..A smooth runner, used 1qt/1200 miles and had changed every 3k..great car, driven hard, traded on 2002 GL in Nov 02..Brakes main area of trouble..

2002 GL-a real steal, troubled from the getgo!!!Sat on dealer's lot for 7 mos. Goodyears were suspect, and Goodyear replaced two at 240 miles for 21.00 and had the other two changed at 2400 miles for 92.00..Front end was aligned at 1500 miles. Suspension is sloppy, struts are suspect and car has a new file at Olds starting day after purchase..Olds dealers are a hit-miss bunch..

GM has a tendency to gut quality on cars up for phase-out..
This discussion has been closed.