Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tom200tom200 Member Posts: 11
    "We followed the "Donkey Punch" method of compiling quotes, and played the waiting game"

Congrats. This is a good deal. Just one question. What is the "Donkey Punch" method?
  • smarinersmariner Member Posts: 14
    Hi Tom200,

Internet invoice price for a EXL-Res is $30,612 -- I'd target at least $3500-$4000 below that.
    Ok, should be in the $26,500 neighborhood or better, before TTL.
  • phatlipboardzphatlipboardz Member Posts: 30
    I got a quote from Go on an EX-L for 26,633. This is without res/nav and does not include TTL.

I received some interesting info on Schomp in Denver. I was told that if you service the Ody there and perform all scheduled maintenance that they automatically extend the warranty to 7/100k. I heard this from someone who used to be a broker and actually contacted them directly as I was looking into a deal in Longmont. I am in the Boulder area and having the car serviced in Denver just isn't an option.

If you need a contact at Schomp I was given one by the broker/friend that was making a call for me. I haven't spoken with them directly. Also, I am still dealing with Frontier in Longmont and can give you that contact as well. They have been fair and upfront. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Like most of us I think we are just waiting to see what's going to fall from the sky.
    I just spoke to internet sales guy at Fisher Honda in Boulder. His quote was the same as Go to the dollar. I challenged him to come in lower, but he was not willing to move. I said I was looking to get $3500 off of $30,612 invoice. He said that invoice number was too low. That actual invoice was $31,553. Heck, based on this forum maybe I need to find a dealer in Dallas and have it shipped.. :confuse:

Appreciate the Schomp info. Too far to drive for me as well. I'm close to Boulder.
  • phatlipboardzphatlipboardz Member Posts: 30
    Yeah I haven't dealt with Fisher. I just figured they were coming in at the same as everyone else. I was told by Frontier that they couldn't move any more on the deal as of recent.

They still have quite a few in stock and the only thing I see moving off their lot are the civics. It's been very low pressure, but I just feel like it could be better. It's a little frustrating to see some of the deals in other parts of the country. I just feel like Honda has got to kick in something extra to the dealer or the customer.
  • chode96chode96 Member Posts: 8
    Read Post 16934. Not sure where the name came from.
  • smarinersmariner Member Posts: 14
    Contacted multiple dealers in the Seattle area. The best deal that I have got so far is (internet-invoice-price + destination - $3500) for any 2008 Odyssey. I'm really hoping to get a vehicle at (internet-invoice-price - $4000). Wish me luck :)
  • dapplegadapplega Member Posts: 1
    Well, we bought a black Odyssey EX-L from Bellevue Honda this weekend. Unfortunately I didn't do thorough research until after the sale but we needed to move quick due to other circumstances. Price was $27,472 which included all the usual Bellevue dealer add-ons (all season floor mats, mud flaps, wheel locks, door edge guards, wheel moldings, cargo tray). This price is less tax and license and accounted for destination fee. OTD @ $30,260.15. From the posts here you can probably strike a better deal than I.
  • coachkos33coachkos33 Member Posts: 4
    Here's the breakdown:

Odyssey EXL $24531 (original quote was %24731, but we had a $200 internet coupon the dealer had e-mailed along with the price quote).
    Destination $670
    VA tax (3%) $768 (I hear the tax is lower if buying before the 15th ea. mo.?)
    Dlr Bus. Lic. Tax $30.24
    Proc. Fee $399
    TTL $12 (We transferred the plates and
    reg. from the old car other wise $48)
    $26410 OTD
  • coachkos33coachkos33 Member Posts: 4
    Forgot to mention. This dealer does not have an appearance package fee like others around here which charge $495, but I found that to be negotiable too.

Car already had pinstriping, floor mats, wheel locks and mud guards. No extra charge for those.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh, I think you did just great! ;)
  • bhasinbhasin Member Posts: 11
    Bought an EX-L Cherry Red Odyssey in SF bay area past Saturday

Car price 25,800

Total including TTL, dealer fee etc. 28,400

Finance cost extra
  • cairogyrocairogyro Member Posts: 3
    Been haggling over the internet since Monday, and prices are finally getting attractive to me.

Cheapest EX-L with RES so far is $27525 OTD (includes VA tax, 800'ish, title and 2yrs tags 85 ish, and $100 processing fee).

Cheapest EX-L with NAV and RES is $29,670 OTD, including the fees listed above.

These quotes are from different dealers that have an abundance of these specific 2008 models left, and just need to move them.

Went and saw them last night; I want the one with RES and NAVI, but my wife doesn't think the extra $2150 is worth it.

We will be buying one tonight or tomorrow morning. The dealers in VA are all at least a grand more than this, even when I show them my quotes.
  • dol007dol007 Member Posts: 21
    wow.. what a great price. Your EXL RES is like $26,540 without TTL. I can't even get just EXL for that price.

Price in Oklahoma is nothing close to that. The best quote I got via internet for EXL RES is $28,000 OTD excluding TTL. For EXL is $26,600 OTD excluding TTL.

I'd jump on your deal if it's in my state. I didn't know EXL RES can go that low. Keep us posted once you pull the trigger. Good Luck!!
    Well, we will see this evening. I know both dealers have told me via emai this AM that the pricing expires tonight. One really needed to "make a sale" before the weekend. Both said the prices would be slightly higher starting Friday, and encouraged me to come in today. I will keep you posted.
  • alexvaalexva Member Posts: 5
    I am in Northern VA as well, looking for an EX-L with RES. Could you tell me what dealer in MD? I got a very similar quote from Criswell.
    Update, the dealer who offered me the lowest price 2008 Odyssey w RES and NAVI for $29670 just left me a voicemail and told me the dealership sold the two he could have sold me for that price earlier; one last night after I left, and one this afternoon. I wasn't really too upset because I didn't particularly care for the white and black colors, and still am not convinced the NAVI is worth an extra $2100 more, even though the integrated stereo control and a bigger rear camera view in the NAVI are cool. Just not sure if they were $2100 more cool.
    I just called the salesman back, and he has two EX-L w/RES and NAVI left, both with crossbars and mudflaps (the 29670 priced ones had neither) he that he offered me for 30,300. I asked if he could remove those items to get to the earlier 29670 price. He put me on hold for a couple of minutes, and then said his manager would not do that, and the price was as low as he could go.

Still plan to buy tonight, but it will most likely be the Odyssey EX-L w/RES from the other MD dealership for 27525 OTD.
    And Alexva, email or PM me directly, because the salesman I have been dealing with specifically asked that I did not post him or his dealership on the web. He never said anything about the price, which is why I posted the 2008 EX-L w/RES OTD price of $27525. It seems like the best I have seen yet, and since the color selection and availability will shrink, I am planning to bite tonight to get the color my wife really wants (Baltic Blue), rather than maybe saving a few hundred dollars more later but getting whatever color is left later. It is a gamble, though, as the prices I was getting from 4 weeks ago to now have dropped by several thousand dollars. But overall, I think I will be happy getting a Honda for well over 20% off the high MSRP sticker, and getting the color my wife likes.
  • go4thedewgo4thedew Member Posts: 9
    I am in Tampa, FL and I got an offer from two different dealers in the area for 25,500 for an EXL and for 25,950 w/ fog lights. One has a 399 dealer fee and with tax and everything it comes to 28,000 OTD. What do you think... its with a new tag in florida so there are some fees there as well.?
  • myogimyogi Member Posts: 2
    hi all - learnt a lot from the messages posted here while searching for our ody, here is my experience. we wanted an ex-l, 2008 model. got internet quotes from dealers in MD and VA. best quotes were in MD. VA dealers quoted ~400 as processing fee, MD dealers quoted 100. plus many VA dealers included in quote a ~$500 appearance package, which to me was useless. My three best quotes in MD were 24950, 24850, and 24500, add to each destination (670), processing, tax and tags. asked my closest dealer to beat my lowest quote, which he agreed to beat by 100. when i went to get my ody, i was told it had some accessories pre-installed by dealer, to the tune of ~800, for which they wanted 600. told them was not interested, they came down to 250 for accessories. at that point i gave in, and got a final price of 24650 + freight, proc, tax and tags, OTD ~ 27K. got suckered into buying the extended warranty - 8 yr/120k for $1325, which pushed my OTD to over 28K. am planning on cancelling that warranty in the next couple of days.

overall, could have done a bit better (~couple of hundred), but bought from dealer closest to home, thought that made up for the difference.

suggestion - check the online inventory for the dealers you are most interested in. when i checked, most had plenty of 08 odys. they want to move them. if you want an ex, you will get a LOT sweeter deal.

best to all.
  • hondarunnerhondarunner Member Posts: 1
    I'm from VA and I just purchased an Odyssey from a MD dealer, the dealer only charged a $100 processing fee. The price was $4000 off invoice price. I purchased a 08 EX The final price was $22,542.00 + $635 freight $100 processing = $23,277 That was the best deal I could find in MD or VA. I didn't buy the warranty so I was out the door including tax and tags at $24,090. The dealer closest to my home was about $1000 higher because of the 400 processing charge and would only offer 3400 below invoice.
    Overall, a good deal I think.
  • yojikoyojiko Member Posts: 3
    Cairogyro,

I'm new to this forum and haven't figured out how to pm or email. I'm very interested in purchasing an ex-l with res in MD. Can you please pm or email me the dealership and salesperson that gave you the OTD price of $27,525? Thanks so much in advance.
  • sciopthsciopth Member Posts: 3
    Good stuff, thanks for posting this. :)
  • mss1144mss1144 Member Posts: 17
    Picking up my touring without pax tomorrow. 33,600 plus tax. Is this still a decent price?
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    33.6 is quite typical for this but I would think you can get it for a bit lower TODAY

- I got 4 internet quotes (3 weeks back) - first off without any negotiation ranging from 32 flat to 33,200 - so 33,600 is in the range. Problem is there were not very many dealers who had Touring models -- so if you can find the color combo you like 32 to 33 is par for the forum.
  • mss1144mss1144 Member Posts: 17
    If you had prices of 32 or even 33, it seems like my price is way to high! Did your prices include destination? My 33,600 does.

Thanks
  • crvguy1crvguy1 Member Posts: 6
    Is your price with AHFC Finance ?

I have quotes for 35K on touring w/o Pax in Ohio, with AHFC Fiance (without Tax / Title). Do you guys think it is a good price?

Thanks
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    Hello there: Just wondering what kind of deals folks in the upstate New York (or PA) area are getting on the 2008 Touring (no pax). If anyone knows of any attractive deals, I would appreciate it if you could please let me know.

The best I am getting so far is $33,385 (cash price, no financing, add $2500 w/ 2.9% honda financing). I saw people getting it for $31,600 and I am no where near that. Not many are left in inventory (at least in this area), so I am hoping to get a good deal, soon!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

MK
  • ephaepha Member Posts: 11
    Inventory on the Touring NO PAX is limited. I haven't found any dealers willing to go below $33.4 (cash price including destination, but without TTL or dealer adds).

Based on what I have read, dealers are good about quoting lower prices via email, but when you get to the dealer to actually do the transaction, the actual price of the deal is higher because of adds or other fees not in the email quote.

In the emails I have so far, it's been impossible to nail down the exact OTD price. The salesman are resistant to actually committing to an OTD price over email.
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    You are absolutely right. One salesperson told me there are only 4 in NY state left ... very limited colors to choose from!

I am actually considering taking the risk and waiting until after the end of the month, hoping they would be willing to accept a lower offer once the 09's start coming in.

We'll see. I'll keep everyone here posted. Thanks!
  • trishaetrishae Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up our white EX-L tonight. LOVE the van! :) Got 2 free oil changes and mud flaps thrown in, too. Here's my breakdown.

25,999 (including destination of 635.00)
    1299.95 - 5% tax
    132.50 - title, license, etc

OTD - 27,431.45
  • smrdalsmrdal Member Posts: 3
    Hello All,

Just picked up a 2008 EX-L with RES and NAV for 31,000 OTD in Dallas.

It was 28,900 + TTL.

What do you folks think? could I have gotten a better price?

Did not try to haggle too much.

Thanks.
  • ephaepha Member Posts: 11
    That is a great price! Which dealer? I'm trying to buy this week or next in Dallas.
    Got it a McDavid, Irving. They still had a lot of cars left. Another friend of mine bought a EX-L with RES for I believe around 28,000. Not sure about the exact amount and the breakdown though.
  • fiecafieca Member Posts: 7
    @smrdal

I am getting EX-L R&N @ 28700 w/o TTL & TAX

is it a good deal?
  • sginlasginla Member Posts: 8
    fieca:

$28,700 is great deal. It is just $200 above dealer's true cost (invoice - $3500 - 3% of holdback). When you show up with a check, you might be able to close the deal 100-200 lower. Just make sure that this price includes destination and they don't ring up your bill too much with accessories.
    fieca:

Ok... did not read your post properly. I think it is for both Nav and RES. - 28,700 is excellent. I think they will add a bit for the dealer options.

Your total price including options & TTL should be well below 32,000.

that is what we did pay in the end.

Good Luck.
  • pacarspacars Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to the previous posts about Maryland!

I emailed two dealerships the past two days and here is the offer:

EXL-RES: $27,099 plus tax and tags

I also had another offer for $27,226 but just got the $27,099 offer this evening.

Tried to get them down to $26,800 but no luck. What do you think? I'll probably pull the trigger on this tomorrow, as they have the color we like.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Before you go down, make sure they quote you with the stock number and no other dealer add-on that will surprise you.
  • alexvaalexva Member Posts: 5
    Maryland definitely has better prices than Virginia. Plus they have a much lower dealer fee.

I spoke to one dealer who gave me som interesting information.

He said the invoice for an EX-L with RES is $31,457 and that Honda is providing $5500 in cash to dealers. So he is selling the EX-L with RES for $25,957. Unfortunately they are the less popular colors and the ones he has left have almost $1000 in dealer add ons (luggage cross bars, wind deflector, etc.)

I have gotten two quotes right at $26,411. That seems to be the best price.
  • pilot04pilot04 Member Posts: 23
    Wow, $5500 off invoice cash to dealers is awesome for an Odyssey. I wish the west coast dealers could come close to those deals unless they are purposely hiding it from us.
  • chicagoraychicagoray Member Posts: 3
    Bought a LX yesterday at 19975, destination included, traded in my 2000 Ford Taurus SES, 98000 mi for 1700, the AC does not work, otherwise very good. OTD 20,332, tax is 8.0%. Dealer tried to lowball my trade in, he offered only 500 in the beginning. I responded with 2000. Haggled about an hour for the Ford. It took totally 4hours to close everything. What do you think about the deal?
  • newfie2newfie2 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased the2008 Odyssey with Res and Nav for $28,211 (OTD was $30,500) in the Minneapolis area. Thanks to this board - everyone was a lot of help.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Has anyone received a good deal on a 2009 EXL yet? An advantage it has over the 2008 model is the power liftgate.
  • pete_in_nhpete_in_nh Member Posts: 2
    Looking at an EX-L, never thought I would get one for $3,500 under invoice which is the most recent price quote I got.

Has Honda ever gone this deep on Odysseys? Have the ever gone deeper?

I have a Pilot going off lease in December so I don't really need something until then.... but are we at about as good as we can get right now?

Carman? anyone?
  • mandargbmandargb Member Posts: 9
    Got '08 EX-L Cherry Red (in SF Bay Area) with Wheel Locks and Ghost foot print (which is a useless thing as far I think) for 26.3K+ tax + dmv
    Dealer(Stevens Creek) also sold me re-fundable extended warranty(7yr / 80 K Miles) for 1200 bucks.
    Had also quote from them for touring no pax for 33.1 K. But when I reached there they had only couple of colors which I am was interested.
  • snowywinsnowywin Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am from twin cities too :-)
    Do you mind share with me the dealer name who gave you this quote? It's a very good deal. Congrat! :D
  • trishaetrishae Member Posts: 8
    I was in an identical situation. We also have a Pilot that will be turned in at the end of December. We thought about it for weeks and decided that having the two payments for two months would still save us money. We bought an 08 EX-L on Thursday for 25,999 plus TTL. Honestly, I was afraid that if we waited too long we'd be stuck with a much higher 09 Ody payment.

Good luck with your decision!
  • maz35123maz35123 Member Posts: 3
    You should not be taxed on that because it is a manufacture to dealer incentive.I just bought my ex-l with nav and res for 28900 and the salesman asked me if i wanted to put the cash back on the down payment . I asked him what cash back ?? "I thought it was a mfg to dealer incentive "? He said OH yes it is . I agreed on my price of 32400 and we took 3500 off that price and only paid tax on the 28900.
  • maz35123maz35123 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my EXL nav/res for 28,900 however I was sucked into the extended warranty pd 900 after haggling down from 1495 and the wife wanted a remote starter w/ alarm pd 600 for that the breakdown is as follows .
    price 28,900
    alarm 600 sales price =29500
    warranty 900
    tax title insurance doc fee1560
    total 31960

good deal????