Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pilot04pilot04 Member Posts: 23
    mpouxesas, did the $24,700 for the EXL include destination? If so, that is a good deal.
  • dd_johndoedd_johndoe Member Posts: 2
    Hi all
    I have been read this forum for a while. I see that in WA state the price for Honda Odyssey is very high compared to other state. I received couple quotes from some dealer. The lowest quote I got for EX-L RES is $27,972 + taxes + lic + do + extras accessories and maybe something else too. I calculated OTD for EX-L RES is about $30,000 and couple hundred more. That I noticed that there were some people also paid this price in Washington state and posted in this forum.

The question is: do anyone had any better quote in the Washington State? Would you guys share with me? My address: ducndao@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,152
    In my experience, Performance will usually do the best on price..

You might have to put up with the whole song and dance to get it.... but, they definitely are focused on volume..

The guys at Century are easy to deal with, but don't always have a big selection, and won't always drop their pants on price.. But, that's where I always got service..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zgeistzgeist Member Posts: 6
    I just got a quote and from doing the calculations it looks like they are calculating tax based on:

[ base + dest + doc + incentive ]

I've read other posts that say the incentive is taxed in illinois, but is the rest of this correct?

Thanks.
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    I believe you are missing the destination charge of 670 and the charge for new plates which should be around $143.
    eandimommy, can you let us know what the special APR rate is from Honda with the $3500 incentive? I emailed my salesman and he wasn't aware of the new special.
  • eandimommyeandimommy Member Posts: 5
    Sure, it is the .9% up to 36 months and 2.9% for up to 60months. I had to double check with the dealer. Didn't believe it myself. I asked another dealership and they said they hadn't heard about that. Waiting to hear from a third. Seems odd Honda would do this right before it all expires. But the dealership website has 58 08's and 20 09's in stock so maybe Honda is giving them a special deal.
  • g15g15 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks kyfdx
    Thanks, that was it. The dest was left out of the breakdown I was sent, but included in the OTD price I was quoted. sigh.
    Thanks. 0.9% for 36 months is awesome to enhance the current incentives. What state is this dealership in?
  • eandimommyeandimommy Member Posts: 5
    Found two dealerships in Iowa willing to do the financing and full dealer incentive. Minnesota didn't know of the offer.
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi

I just got a OTD price of 28500 for an EX-L 2008 with RES. Is this a good deal?

Can any one give me some feedback

Thanks
    Wondering if its a regional thing or high volume dealers on the $3500+0.9% for 36 mo. Folks in midwest or east always get the good deals :confuse:
  • phatlipboardzphatlipboardz Member Posts: 30
    I finally pulled the trigger on our slate green EX. Just in time because our Subaru just crapped out on us, plus our three kids (3, 23mos., 4mos) were a little cramped in the Passat. We were out the door with a price tag of $25,951. To the penny. (Colorado, and my tax liability stinks)

The finance guy "hated" me. I knew the price I was quoted and that was the price I was paying. Didn't want any upselling. Tried to push the warranty and I respectfully declined. He gave me the price and I held up my blackberry with the prices that I could buy it direct (the actual website). He stumbled around and really didn't have any response to that.

I financed through my credit union prior to stepping foot into the dealership (this would be my third car financed with them), and had all of the paperwork handy just in case the "terms" changed on me. He tried to sell me GAP, I pointed out in my paperwork where I was covered. He again stumbled.

As he was punching in all of the numbers into his computer I then stated I expected my payments to be $XXX.XX/month with these terms and I know my total interest would be XXXX.XX for the life of the loan. He quickly replied and said that "we will see what the computer shows us." He could barely hold back when the computer shot out those exact numbers.

My kids were basically bouncing off the walls at 8pm with no dinner and basically their bedtime (this helped a lot). He said to me, "so I guess I can't sell you any clear coat." I didn't even have to respond. I signed on the line and was out of there.

I did a lot of research with this purchase and the take home message from me is that it pays to be an informed consumer. We are all here to get help from one another and I have appreciated every effort. Congrats to all of you who have purchased and good luck to all who are getting ready to purchase. Stay informed and you won't regret it. (however, your finance person might)

BTW, my sales person was awesome. Up front and no pressure.
  • giventoflygiventofly Member Posts: 10
    I got the combined deal today on an 08 EX-L (No RES/NAV) in NC. My price was $25172 (included dest.) plus TTL for an OTD total of $26400. I went with the 60mo at 2.9%. I have been reading this forum for several months now and appreciate all the information that people have shared. I was tempted to wait to see if the incentives increased in Oct. but was worried I wouldn't get the color I wanted. Turns out I caught a nice break as I was planning to pull the trigger today and use my own financing. Happy shopping.
  • djoffersdjoffers Member Posts: 1
    The dealer I have been working with in Raleigh, NC also emailed me earlier today about the special financing being included with the $3500 discount.
  • dd_johndoedd_johndoe Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I think it is a good deal. I am living in Washington state is Northern CA but the lowest quote I got is almost $28,000 (only included destination, excluded anything else).
    Congrats to you and enjoy your new ride. :)
  • dol007dol007 Member Posts: 21
    Deal is also in Oklahoma where I got my EXL for $25,800 OTD (excluding Tax). Email me at dol007@h o t m a i l.com (delete the space in hotmail) if you need the salesman name.
  • nkm_njnkm_nj Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I am looking for good deal on new Honda Odyssey EX 2008 in NJ. Anyone has any suggestion on any dealer? How much should I pay after all incentive?

Thanks.
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    shamrocks,

Do you have any advice on dealers in NJ/NY/PA? I am looking for a 2008 Touring W/O PAX. The best I am getting so far is $32,300, which does not seem to be too bad at all!

By the way, for folks wanting to do the 2.9% financing (60 months), as of today morning, note that you do not have to add the extra $2500 on top of the cash price to get that rate. In fact, same applies to the 0.9% (36 months).

Any advice on trade-ins? Please advise. Thanks!
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    anyone tried to trade in a lease with 5 months to go on a lease? Want a honda, but need to trade in my non honda lease that is under miles. Any idea on what I can expect?
  • trishaetrishae Member Posts: 8
    I don't think you're going to have much luck. I tried to get them to take my Honda Pilot with 3 payments left but it was a no go with 4 dealers.
  • slk2350zslk2350z Member Posts: 4
    Hi, can you fill in the option package, MSRP, and dealer in SF Bay? That sounds like a great deal.Does the RES come with the rear backup camera?
    Thanks
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    Piazza Honda in Langhorne is giving good deals from dealer stock. As for trade, you'll take one to the chin.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "Does the RES come with the rear backup camera?"

Yes.
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    I have received quotes from several dealers and thought you would like to know. I am in the bay area.

for the EXL 25,500 plus TTL seems to be pretty easy to get to, I have had 3 dealerships agree to this.

on the EX, i have had two dealerships quote 22750 plus TTL.

all quotes including 2.9% financing.
    Had a pretty good experience with O'Hare Honda in Des Plaines (right near Chicago).

I bought a 2008 EX-L (No Res or Nav)
    base price = 25148
    dest = 670
    doc = 150
    and the ridiculous tax in Chicago = 2747

I wasn't going to get the extended warranty, because I generally think those things are bad ideas, and I didn't have time to research whether or not it was a good idea in this case. :( But, every time I said "no" to it, they dropped the price. I finally bit when it was 1142. There really was no pressure on this, and I could have easily stil said no - but since this is my first NEW car, I bit. (Somebody please say this was a good idea!)

Also, as of today they could do both the $3500 back and the .9% interest if you wanted it.

Oh yeah, and it came with the protection package (splash guards, cargo tray and wheel locks) and they threw in a first aid kit (oh, boy).

Aside from all the outrageous taxes and fees that Chicago and Cook county ladle on, I'm very happy with this deal.

If anyone wants to know who I worked with I'd be happy to let you know - especially since the dealer said they reward me for any references that bought! ;)
  • witenkowitenko Member Posts: 3
    I'm debating pulling the trigger for an EX-L in September. I've gotten quotes from 15+ dealers around the state (Florida). Best I got was offer to beat anyone by $500. That brings my deal to:
    base = $25036
    dealer = $500
    doc = 125
    tax (6%) = $1532
    OTD = $27068
    plus $300 in random crap options i can't nix off vehicle.
    It doesn't seem like anyone is adding in Dealer fees on this forum. Should I just tell them BS, i'm not paying it? Dest is already included.
    Also, does anyone know what Oct. incentives and rebate will be? Should I wait? I'm not picky on color and most dealers still have 40 on lot, so I'm pretty safe.
  • oddyhuntoddyhunt Member Posts: 3
    I pulled the trigger today on an EXL (no nav/res) after much shopping and reading on here - thanks to all - really helps the confidence - all you have to do is tell the dealer you're reading this forum and they instantly have a look of defeat in their eyes..lol. Decided I couldn't justify the factory DVD on the RES when I can have one installed by a car audio specialty place here with a 3 yr warranty for $500 less -I bought in Kansas City (Frank Ancona Honda) - no pressure dealer - straight shooter sales manager:

Only extra was the wheel locks which were already on it -

$26,136 (incl all fees) + TTL only.

They had a ton of EXL's in stock (like 20) so let me know if you need my dealer name but I pretty much dealt directly with the sales mgr which was nice instead of passing notes back and forth via the helpless sales guy like other places. I wanted silver and they only had one left so I bought, but I think if you don't care on color you could easily get down to $25.5k next month. In this economy how can they raise prices (or take away financing). The Oklahoma Dealer that dol007 in an earlier post was very nice and was at $25.8 but for us that's 5 hrs away - not worth the gas/time for $300. Also Holmes Honda in Des Moines IA said he could get to $26,050 but again not worth $90 less to drive & waste 3 hrs driving. Good luck to all -
  • ruibinluoruibinluo Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer is this? It looks you got the best deal. Since both of us are looking at exactly the same model, iIf both of us go there the same time, we probably get a better deal. I heard the current model is redesigned in 2005 and next model release is 2010. Seems like every 5 years is the redesign cycle.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks, desertkev.

I searched their inventory and they don't seem to have the 08 Touring in stock. I will request a price quote and see if they're willing to go out and get one. Of course, that usually adds ~$200 for the driver who gets it, etc.

I've been in contact with others in PA who have the car, but their deals are not as good as those in NJ/NYC (those do not seem as trustworthy though). I am discovering new things every day and things change (i.e., new advertising fees that were not included the first time, etc). Anyway, I am concerned about making a 3-hour trip to talk to them in person!

Not much time is left for the $3500 cash back and 0.9% and 2.9% financing options, so I would have to pull the trigger soon. Wish me luck!

Thanks!
  • gluzgluz Member Posts: 10
    Folks, the 3500 rebate and 2.9 APR are real, I used it today when we pulled the trigger. The loan manager was giving me hard time about combing the rebate with the APR but at the end gave up(what a surprise).

At any rate, I am happy with the 7000 off MSRP(34,400) and almost 4000 off Invoice price on the new van.

We were shopping for a large SUV or Sienna but end up getting Odyssey as this deal is unbeatable.

This is in South Bay(San Jose area).

Send me email if you want to know the name of the dealer.
    This particular dealer had only maroon and white ones left, but I am sure there are plenty of them around.

Good luck to you all.
  • yogibearsdyogibearsd Member Posts: 10
    Hello all - Thanks to you and especially giventofly. We picked up our new Odyssey base EX-L. Price paid was $27777 including taxes, documentation and title with all included in 2.9% financing. E-mail me if you need the name of the dealership.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    When you are ready to make 3 hours trip, it is not talk any more, it is the trip to sign papers. Make sure they email or fax you all the figures on a Purchase & Sales agreement with the sales manager signature and you agreed with the numbers before you start driving.

Depending how to do the payment, cash, load or lease. You may want to supply to dealer for credit approval ahead of time. Plus you may have pre-approval on a car loan from a bank or AAA.
    Thank you for the advice, bigdadi118. I will definitely keep this in mind before making a trip. Most of them tell me that there is no more room for negotiation over the net, and that I would have to be there to get a slightly better price. Most tell me "your presence is power" ...

In any case, my main problem is the trade-in, which will make a big difference. Only a few gave me a rough estimate, some say use KBB which gives terrible trade-in values that would give me a much larger hit than I am expecting, one told me use BlackBook tool. I visited a nearby dealer yesterday and have gave me $2000 above KBB, which is more like it.

Don't dealers sometimes make more money on trade-ins than on new cars? If so, that's why I was hoping they will be willing to give me a better deal overall (new car price minus trade-in).
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    With the trade-in, dealer has 2 ways to make profit instead of 1, simply sliding the scale one way or the other to make overall profit.

If dealer gives you top money on your trade-in, probably won't give you that much of discount on the new car. Dealer always insists you to bring the car down for appraisal. When you are there they won't offer top dollars, excuses of market condition and something like that to lessen the offer.

Trade-in is always the hurdle. I will sell it first instead of trade-in in order to get best deal on your new one. If you sell the car, you can alway rent a car for a week or so in between to get the new one.
  • my_oddymy_oddy Member Posts: 2
    That's an awesome price...The lowest I am getting on base EX-L is 25,592 including destination only and no financing option.
    Can you please send the dealer's name?
    mitu_chd at yahoo.com
  • b0b_cat2000b0b_cat2000 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a new EXL-RES in the Columbus, OH area. Couple of questions:

- I've seen some posts regarding the $3500 rebate. When does this start? Is that for finance-only or cash deals as well?

- Anyone get a good deal from a Columbus area dealer recently?

- I've seen some posts that refer to "teaming up"... I'm new to this... wondering if I could get an explanation.

Thanks.
  • ohvanohvan Member Posts: 26
    I picked up an EX-L today in the Columbus area for $26,088 with the 2.9% for 60 months at John Hinderer Honda. In addition, they provided a good trade on my 2003 T&C.
  • linsunlinsun Member Posts: 1
    Hi yogibearsd, this is a very good price, I am in South California as well and in the same boat, could you let me know the dealer and sales' name? my email is fuleyou at gmail dot com, thank you very much.
  • dmaxwellhdmaxwellh Member Posts: 11
    Just purchased from Friendly Honda in Poughkeepsie, NY. Paid 33186 which is 3700 below invoice. Great dealership with a very good service dept. too. Very happy with this price. This is our 2nd Odyssey, and my wife and I love these vans!
  • b0b_cat2000b0b_cat2000 Member Posts: 2
    ohvan,

Would you mind giving me the breakdown of your OTD price? Did you get the RES, or any other options?
  • rshivdatrshivdat Member Posts: 11
    Hi Witenko,

I'm in Orlando FL and I'm trying to your OTD price. That is awesome, only difference for me is i'm at 6.5% sales tax. Could you tell me the name of your sales person and what dealership?

Thanks.
  • witenkowitenko Member Posts: 3
    In Orlando, my OTD at Classic Honda was $28,193. At Honda cars of Bradenton, it was Faisal, Shahzad and Adam Lazar w/ $27,586 OTD. At Charlotte, it was Bruce Hayes, and he said he'd beat my lowest price by $500. So, basically $26.9 OTD. Coggin in Orlando was WAY high at like $32k OTD. I am going tomorrow to Charlotte to get it and hope guy sticks to his deal. I'm going to hope I can get the price, AND the low financing, but I'm not sure about the financing too. It seems to good to be true. Most dealers said they'd jack up price of car if i chose financing.
  • cardv1cardv1 Member Posts: 4
    thank's for tips
  • actionjhactionjh Member Posts: 20
    Hi yogibearsd,

That's a great deal.
    Which dealership did you pick it up from?
    I picked up my EX-L at the end of March, 2008 for $29400 OTD with Lo Jack installed. It was $29100 OTD, but the sales person came back to stiff me with an $800 LoJack at the very end of the deal. I tried to talk them out of it, but they insisted it was "already" installed and we ended up with $300 for a Lo Jack. Back in March, the Honda incentive was $2000 OR 1.9% APR, can not be combined. If I waited 'til year end, I could have saved more money. BTW, I love the back up camera on the rearview mirror! Hope you enjoy yours too.
  • ohvanohvan Member Posts: 26
    b0b_cat2000,

EXL w/o RES. The only add on was splash guards. The vehicle price was $26,050.00. There was a $250 doc fee bringing the total before TTL to $26,300. Tax was $1404 (6.75%). title $10, 30 day tag $15.50.

Total out the door: $27,729.50 with 2.9% for 60 months.
  • slk2350zslk2350z Member Posts: 4
    Hi dandydonii,
    Have you made the purchase? I am looking for the best price offered on an EX-L w/NAV,RES in SF Bay. Can you email me (maltski878@aol.com) with dealer name and price quoted and does it include both cash incentive and 2.9% financing and is it all in writing from dealer mgmt.?
    Thanks,
  • rshivdatrshivdat Member Posts: 11
    Thanks. Let me know how it goes at Charlotte. It would be worth the drive to save a few bucks!
  • slcikrickslcikrick Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a new Honda Odyssey EX two weeks ago and the window on the passenger side sliding door shattered as we were driving. Has this happened to anyone?