Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    That's right - the present special financing offer costs American Honda, not dealers.
  • calangcalang Member Posts: 7
    Best I have so far is 19,780 plus fees in Boston and 20,098 in NH plus fees. I think the EX is $3,000 more.
  • calangcalang Member Posts: 7
    So that was the price PLUS the $299 and $75? Wow. What were they like to deal with? Did you have a trade in as well?

Thanks - it would be a long drive for me to go there but might be worth it.
  • misty_clemisty_cle Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

Can you give me the dealer's name and email? And your name too. I want to buy an odyssey.

My email address is misty 99 @ gmail.com. No space. Thanks!
  • persamppersamp Member Posts: 7
    Right - I paid 21,891 + 299 + 75 + MA sales tax. I did trade a 2000 Ody LX with 125k miles that needed a new cat converter (check engine light on) plus struts and had some cosmetic damage to both front and rear bumpers. Only got 3400 for it, but didn't want the hassle of fixing and selling it.

Negotiated same deal at Cambridge Honda, but they then added the same 299 + 75 AND tried to add a "salesperson commission" of around $150 to this...I'd never seen that trick before, so I walked.

They were very easy to deal with - again Iused the Edmunds service to get an internet quote - they knew I was getting multiple quotes. Honda North was also pretty competitive. Herb C was around $1k higher on the purchase price.
  • su_hydsu_hyd Member Posts: 24
    Did you get special financing ( 0.9% for 36 months or 2.9% for 60 months) with your OTD price of 25,777?
  • pittfallpittfall Member Posts: 9
    Hi, Nice deal. Is this for a 2008 or a 2009?
    thx
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Dsrtrat2 - which dealer in the phoenix area? Was it Superstition Springs Honda?
    I think I will need a minivan soon.

Thanks.
    Dave
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Folks

Are you seeing in your region whether the dealers are out of 2008 EX-L with RES & DVD. No dealers have contacted me in and around the bay area (San Jose & San Francisco).

The ones that are qouting are close to 32k EX-L with RES & NAV out of the door which is pretty high. I am looking for a EX-L with RES only.

Do you guys know if Honda is coming out with any deals, now that the market has really come to a stop.

Thanks
  • yfongyfong Member Posts: 2
    Yea, I think they must be running out... I just bought a 2008 EX-L with RES (no Nav) today from Steven's Creek Honda - cheerful and clean service from the rep, happy with the experience. I know for sure that there are 3 more at SouthBay Honda in Los Gatos of EX-L with RES, - here was a southbay Honda's final offer for me:

OTD $29,711 total
    (Doc. Fees $55, Lic. Fees $278.75 & Sales Tax $2,243.10)..

I think they maybe willing to go few hundred lower - my negotiation skill isn't that good: Check Oakland Honda, they should have some inventory too.

To top it off, there is finance kicker: 0.9% APR for upto 36 Months or 2.9% APR for upto 60 months

Good luck, hope you get a good deal, doesn't seem like there is huge inventory for EX-L with RES.. I think if you are not picky on option levels, then you can wait longer for better rebates.. But if you have to have 2008 EX-L with RES, act quicker..
  • rrr3rrr3 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting EX-L for $28,100 OTD at NJ. Did any one get better price? If so, can you tell price and dealer name? Thanks.
    Thanks for responding. How much did you pay at Steven's Creek? Can you please share Salesman name. I had got a quote of 29500 OTD there, even though I said I will use my own financing.

The price that you have mentioned at Southbay honda is pretty high.

If you notice on this forum, in other regions there are people who have bought close to 28k.
  • truth3truth3 Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me the price except TTL? thanks
  • tambaydrivertambaydriver Member Posts: 26
    Anyone hear about the lack of a safety feature on Honda that allows the hood to crash through the windshield in a head on accident. A Nissan dealer showed me 2 hooks that are on all Nissans and Hyndais for that matter that are meant to prevent this from happening. Told of a horror story of a woman this had happened to. Again, 2 metal hooks that prevent hood from crashing through windshield... any familiar with this issue? :confuse:
  • yfong94108yfong94108 Member Posts: 1
    Hi acurabuyer1, I paid 29740 OTD. Sounds like a decent deal at 29500 - wondering if they still have any inventory left, the sales guy said I have the last one.. (I left some money ont he table this round, oh well) I don't think it matters to any of the sales guys if you go with Honda financing or pay with cash, that special subsidized financing is coming out of corporate Honda. Take advantage of the 0.9 or 2.9, it's such a good deal in this credit crunch..
  • myfirstodysseymyfirstodyssey Member Posts: 14
    Guys...

Bottomline Dealer price for

EX-L is $23,499

EX is $20,600

This Excludes Destination..

If you can get close to this You got a DEAL.

Don't ask me where and How I got it..
  • wslcarbuyerwslcarbuyer Member Posts: 2
    Since I found this thread so helpful in knowing what I should ask for - here are my numbers which will hopefully help some of you.

26,000 Base Price plus destination
    2080 - NY Sales tax
    75 - Motor Vehicle fees
    45 - Document fee
    -------------------------------
    28,200 - OTD

I used the donkey punch method - emailed 15 dealers in and around upstate NY. Asked for EX-L with RES for 25K + TTL (shot low to see where it got me). Most came back around 27,500 - one dealer came back with 26,500 and we emailed them back to ask if they would do two for 26 (sister was ready to buy one too), which they agreed to. Emailed most other dealers to see if they could beat but noone could and a couple told me that the dealership was jerking me around and wouldn't actually sell it to us for that price or it wouldn't have the RES. I'm happy to say I brought it home tonight and it was the easiest car purchase I have ever made. No surprises, no upselling of warranties or accessories. Got the 2.9% financing too. Feel like I got a good deal and hope you guys do too.
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    Hi wslcarbuyer: Congrats on your purchase! That's definitely a great deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer's name? I am in upstate NY as well and helping my brother get an EX-L. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! -MK
  • marigold1966marigold1966 Member Posts: 1
    Would you be willing to share the dealership name?

I have been looking for about a month and that price is just a few hundred dollars above what I have been quoted for an EX-L.

Thanks
  • rrr3rrr3 Member Posts: 2
    2008 Odessey EX-L 26 K + TAX+Reg fee = 28,100. Anyone getting less than this?
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    Bell Honda. Last 4 digits of number to call were 2043.
  • truth3truth3 Member Posts: 2
    Almost the same. I got one $25925+TTL
  • davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Dsrtrat - thank you very much.
  • minivansrockminivansrock Member Posts: 11
    Wow things are hopping out there. I've been offered $32,149 by two Minnesota dealers for the Touring w/o Pax (only other fees are $75 Doc and TTL). One Chicago dealer offered me $32,299 touring w/o Pax (only other fees are $150 Doc and TTL). The two Minnesota dealers are offering me Black/Black combination that is very rare itself. If you need names, let me know.
  • sh34sh34 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from PotamkinHonda.com in NYC for the 08 Ody Ex-L for $25216.
    I estimate OTD around 28k.. on the phone they seem desperate to sell in this market. GM is going bankrupt and buyers are scared to spend so much money during a depression.. lastly, credit is hard to get. I think you can push for $24900 + TTL + delivery fee + DMV fee
    Hi Yfong94108

What I have found out is that the Bay area Honda dealers are arrogant even if it means that they don't sell any. They still want you to come and negotiate which I clearly don't want to do. I want to limit my interaction with them.

Their favorite statement is "go get your best price and I will still beat it". When I ask for their price, there is no response. Most of them seem to give over 30300 Out of the door price.

I have decided not to buy an Odyssey for now. The 2009 price is ridiculously high. Will wait for the better deals during holidays. I don't think many dealers are selling anyway with the way the economy is. Honda has to come out with better deals.

Thanks
  • themantheman Member Posts: 2
    Thank you from the ref message# 20591. I got my 08 Odyssey EX-L at Herson Honda at Rockville Maryland. This is a very FIRST time which I met a wonderful saleslady whose name is Ginny Marshall. We dealt very much mainly via email then follow up by the call. There was 100% no hassle. I came to the dealer the paper work were ready for me to sign. I did a test drive, checked the car. That was it. I got it. No waiting or nagging time !!!
    Anyone lives in Maryland. I strongly suggest you to come to Herson Honda to meet Ginny. Normally, we have to stay at the dealer nagging nagging from 3 to 6 hours before you leave the dealer with headache and upset which I experienced a few times before with my other cars ..
    Hi sh34:

If you decided to go with Potamkin Honda, I would strongly encourage you to ask for George N. when you get there. He's really very, very nice, straight-forward, and not "pushy" at all. Very highly recommended. They have a lot of cars in stock, so you may be able to get an even better deal when you get there.

By the way, I bought an 08 Touring (Silver, No Pax) from them in a hassle-free process. I paid $33,135 for the car (32264 cash price + 670 dest + 250 doc fees) + $145 for DMV (registration + title transfer + tire + NYS inspection) + sales tax on $10K (8% on $33135 minus trade). I know I could have done better if I waited a little more, but they (by far) gave me the best deal on my trade (over $1500 more than carmax and other dealers, and $2500 more than KBB - very comparable with NADA guide/Edmunds tool). That was the "make it or break it" for me. I saw at least five dealers before I went to PH and I am very pleased with how things went. I had quotes from over 15 dealers in NYC/NJ area.

Don't go for their extended warranty (HondaCare) as their's is $500 more than Saccucci's. That was 1/2 hour before they closed, so their finance manager did not offer me any packages (I was actually the one who brought up the ext warr). We drove home in the Touring within an hour and we are lovin it :)

Hillside guys told me they had the color I wanted in stock and when I got there they said "we don't have it, sorry". The sales person even said "are you crazy? you're trading in a silver car why do you want another silver?". I left right away, obviously, and complained to their manager.

If you need more information feel free to contact me directly.
    Just put the deposit down on the 2008 Touring w/o PAX Black/Black combination. I'll be picking it up this weekend. The total is $32,149 (includes destination) + $75 doc fee + state TTL.
  • skasulaskasula Member Posts: 1
    can you share the dealer details and the state in which the dealer is in.
    The dealers are in Minnesota and the other in Chicago.

If you need Salesman and dealer details email me minivansrock@gmail.com
  • pavanmanpavanman Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up black on black touring model for $33,200 + taxes, tags with 2.9% financing at Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg. Very nice people. There was probably a little more to be had in the deal, but color was very hard to find and this was the lowest price within 2 hour drive of Philly. Also purchased 6yr, 100K extended warranty for $885, which was originally quoted at $1,300.
  • dave_in_nhdave_in_nh Member Posts: 3
    Sorry to be slow in response skr2. I bought my 2008 EX-L w/ RES & NAV from Peter's Honda in Nashua. Never bought from them before, but their service department has been very good over the years.
  • jbourne3jbourne3 Member Posts: 6
    Anyone bought an EX or EXL from dealer in Phila metro area recently? the best quote that I have gotten are
    EX 23,000
    EXL 25,750
    both include destination charge. These seem to be at least 500 more than what others paid in this site. If you have gotten a better price in Phila area, please share the dealership's name. thanks
    Jason
  • skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks
  • yojikoyojiko Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. Do you know the bottomline dealer price for an EX-L w/ RES?
  • sarahvz1sarahvz1 Member Posts: 7
    Ok i am taking my first crack at owning my car buying experience instead of being bullied by the car dealership - I have reached out to 4 different dealerships and received a response from 2 via email.

The best deal I have been offered in Orlando is:

Make: Honda
    Model: Odyssey EX-L w/RES
    MSRP: 32,880.00
    Sale Price: $26,006.00 Out the Door - $28,283.63 + tag

This price seems good but was the first offer I recevied and do not want to seem to eager to jump at it or to get blind sided when I walk in the door.

One dealer also said if he offered me the special discount i would not be eligible for the special interest rate 2.9 for 60 months. Does that sound right?

Thank you all for the great advice I have seen on the forums ;)
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    I got 29,100 INCLUDING destination fee for an EX-L WITH NAV/RES - so I think your price is too high. Call different dealers on the phone. I got mine at Sussman in Willow Grove, PA, about 20 minutes west of Burlington, NJ off the PA turnpike. I talked with Wendy there, and they still have good deals. I was expecting some last minute fees added on, but didn't get any surprises.
    I spoke to her last week, they are all out of 2008.
  • tambaydrivertambaydriver Member Posts: 26
    sarahvz1,

I'm in the Tampa Bay area and that seems like a good offer as my notes suggest that number is close to numbers folks have been getting for an EXL. Most posts also show folks getting both price and int rate so make that a deal breaker.

I am putting together my email blast to Honda dealers in the area for tomorrow and will use your number as the price to beat for my business. Waiting on word from a similar email from VW dealers on the new Routan as they had an attractive lease deal for Germanized Chrysler. Would lease the VW (3 years maintenance free deal included) but only consider buying the Honda or Toyota (maybe Nissan or Hyundai) as that would mean holding on to the vehicle for a lot longer time frame.

Bottom line, you seem to have a good deal, close them with the 2.9% financing or move on to the next dealer.

Good luck and please post your results.

Thanks
  • suriyasuriya Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell me the name of the dealer for EX-L under 26K (including destination)?

All I am getting is 26,400 + tax+ title for 2008 EX-L

I am looking for either EX-L or EX-L with RES in Philly area.

Thanks
  • kp1pbrkp1pbr Member Posts: 7
    I noticed on your deal that the MSRP: 32,880 is for the EX-L with RES. However, the MSRP on an EX-L RES is 34,480. Which Orlando dealer are you working with?
    Hi suriya
    Everywhere was quoting around 26K except this place in Conshochken, the name escape my mind now but it was a verbal from the sales manager. if you want may be we can go in together and see if can get a better deal. I would go for a EX L if i can get it for 25K including destination. my email nahcire19456@y a h o o.com.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    ....................Everywhere was quoting around 26K except this place in Conshochken, the name escape my mind now................

The only Honda place in Conshy is Conicelli. I've had good luck there with prices and service.
  • myfirstodysseymyfirstodyssey Member Posts: 14
    Its close to

$25,600
  • lewhnhlewhnh Member Posts: 3
    Just closed the deal on subject Odyssey - Dark Cherry Pearl. Love the van, but hate to give up the TL - just can't squeeze in three car seats...
    Details:
    Price: $28,638
    Fees: $499
    Tax: $1,718
    TL: $67
    Out the door: $30,922

There are two interesting things about my transaction.
    1) My trade, the aforementioned 2007 TL-S (God I loved that car...). They gave me $25,000 for it and I owed about $30,100, so I rolled $5,100 into the new note at 2.9%/60 mos. So, I ended up financing right at $36,000. The interesting thing - that I've not seen before - is that they changed the way the deal was structured on paper. As listed on the contract, they gave me $30,100 for the trade, ostensibly because "they can't show a negative down payment". I immediately commented that "you can also show this to the future car buyer as leverage" - as in "We can't sell it for less - we'd be taking a loss on the car". Something to keep in mind for future purchases... The proof of the amount they gave me however is in the tax, which must be paid on the amount of the sale: $1,718. At 6%, that back-calculates to $28,638.
    2) When we went into the dealership on Saturday, they had two of these models in red and one in white. When we called back this afternoon, they had sold two of them. No big deal, they still had a red one, which I wanted. When we got there, however, the salesman tells me that the one they have left has 1,800 miles on it. I'm not terribly upset about this - all things considered - but my wife is. After my 20 minute phone conversation with her, I let the salesman know that the dealer across the river (Huffmann Honda in Clarksville, IN) offered to match their deal - and that they have one in red. He disappears, then comes back to let me know that the one that had been "sold" had not had a deposit put down, so he was going to let me have it. The other customer was working with another salesman, so he'd let them deal with that. Being on the good outcome, I'm OK with that - I know how things go - but I would be irate if I was the other guy (I think she came in before I left...)

Overall, I don't think that I saw a better deal for this car mentioned in these forums ($29,140 + TTL), so I am as happy as I can be given that I'm now officially a minivan-driving 30-something parent of 2.9.
    I'd recommend Sam Swope Honda and my salesman, but only because of the price.
    Thanks (for the second time) to the other users of this forum for helping me zero in on a good deal.
    Lew
  • cubuffinazcubuffinaz Member Posts: 3
    Go to Earnhardt Honda...easy to deal with and good pricing. See M.R. in Fleet. I have bought from Bell & Earnhardt. Earnhardt makes it painless.
  • mommyof2boystxmommyof2boystx Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to this forum, I was able to copy and paste what you guys were getting and then I emailed them to all my local Honda places. I live in Houston.

Specifically Katy Honda.

I picked up the cherry with tan EXL- NAVI/RES for $29,589 in the cherry red with tan leather which is what I wanted, 2008.

I also get free oil changes for life from the dealership and free loaner cars for life if a wait over 2 hours in the service department.

I also recv'd 0% financing so I am happy as can be. It has 23 miles on the odometer. I felt like with the zero percent financing I was getting a GREAT deal.

thanks everyone! I really suggest copying the prices paid and then sending to the dealers, I copied everything

Btw I purchased mine from Honda of Katy Texas, I went thru the fleet sales for this and used Brooke and the GM too.

HTH someone else (I also sold my volvo xc90 on ebay for for $5K more than I what I owe :) for so I am having a good car week!)
    KH :P
    Congratulations, mommyof2boystx!

Was the 0% from Honda? Do you know if this is new and for how long it will last?

Combing the $3500 cash back with 0% is an unusually great deal. I don't know if Honda ever gave such deals. It's definitely a buyers market.
  • mommyof2boystxmommyof2boystx Member Posts: 5
    Thanks

not even sure that I realized I got the cash back bonus!

Rate: *realized I forgot the .9 when I said zero, to me that is zero but officially its not, its .9 which is not zero, my apologies!! I am headached from numbers*

mind you its a published rate, it would have been 2.9 for 60 months (like the previous poster) if I had to finance it that long, so yes the 0.9% was from honda finance. I am not sure I would have gotten this deal on a 2009.

so its totally feasible, but you would have to pay it off in 36 months but it is a high payment I know. You need a 650 credit and good debt to equity and income etc, they are really wanting to move the 2008's, the biggest problem is that the 2008's are getting taken quickly, they only have 2 other 2008's right now.

K