Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• waffleswaffles Member Posts: 7
    Regarding prices on the 2009 Odysseys, I have been contacted by dealers in the midwest with the $1250 incentive but it is tied to the invoice pricing ($1250 off of invoice). The dealer I spoke to does include the destination charge. However, I had been getting offers under invoice prior to this deal and now that the 1.9% financing has expired, the benefit of the $1250 off invoice is basically a wash. So really no better than I had been getting before with the 1.9% financing. Also I know others had mentioned that the $1250 rebate was only good last weekend, so it would appear to me that it is totally at the dealers' discretion as to when they offer it since I was informed about it yesterday and it is not lisetd on any of the national rebate sites. If they combined the $1250 under invoice and financing then it would be a good deal. Sadly, I will also wait a few weeks and see how this plays out.
    Doesn't seem like a good deal to me. For the Touring without PAX that price would be above invoice, and I'm pretty sure that better deals are possible.
  • nepropneprop Member Posts: 41
    I received an unsolicited verbal quote for a 2009 EX-L no RES, no NAV (this is what I am in the market for) for $28.1K. Not clear if this includes destination charge or not. The only material differences between the 2008 and 2009 EX-L models are a slight horsepower increase, slight mid range torque increase and a power rear hatch. The horsepower and torque changes are software mods and essentially cost nothing; the power hatch requires a motor, switch and some cabling so call it $50 cost at production volume.

Therefore it is hard to rationalize a purchase decision even with the current $1,250 cash program. The purchase price needs to get back into the $25-$26K range that it was when the $3.5K program was in effect. Honda has essentially set the market price at this level by virtue of their just-expired program.

Lastly, someone asked about the term of the current $1,250 program. I have heard from several dealers that it runs through early March. Perhaps this means that they'll up the discount for the end of the quarter sales push. If you don't need a vehicle immediately, then wait and let the dealers sit on their inventory for a while.
  • camy4camy4 Member Posts: 9
    i am in a market for 09 exl - i like power lift gate since i use a lot.
    i am willing to wait for bigger incentives. $1250 is listed in Edmunds rebates site till beginning of Feb.
    what do you think?
  • zinc1191zinc1191 Member Posts: 3
    Just pick the beauty up. Here is the detail for the 3yr/12k lease signed on 01/05:

$1200 down and $429 (tax included). $17,199 residual.

The sales person cranked, purposely I guess, the numbers to come up the $429 agreed monthly payment.
  • nwiersnwiers Member Posts: 2
    Chicago area - I have an offer for a 2009 EX-L $28,188 - $31,262 out the door.
  • nwiersnwiers Member Posts: 2
    for your Chicagoland question - I've been getting the best responses from Continental in Countryside and Community Honda in Orland. Napelton is the worst IMO.
  • camy4camy4 Member Posts: 9
    someone mentioned remote starter installed - aftermarket - how much was it? (honda charger $800) and does it work from car key separate remote?
    works well?
    appreciate info..
  • nepropneprop Member Posts: 41
    Slate Green.
    MSRP of $33,750.00
    Purchase Price was $27,900.00 includes Destination Charge.
    5% State of Mass sales tax.
    Documentation Fee of $299.00
    Title, Plates, Inspection Sticker, Registration Fees all for $86.00

All other dealers were in the high $28K or low $29K range. I think that the best one can do right now is about $27.5K including destination and not including Doc Fee and all other Fees. Should be better as the slow quarter unfolds. Good luck.
    I just purchased this morning 2009 EX-L with DVD and NAVI. Dark Grey. Schlossman's Honda City Wisconsin, internet guy was Jason Sandbach. Decent guy, still tried a couple of additional charges (wheel locks, etc) but he was willing to remove them when I told him I would go elsewhere. Also they tried to lowball a trade, and when I told them I would see it myself they immediately offered an additional $1000. I'll still sell it myself. No additional equipment.

Agreed price: $32226
    Document fees: $125
    Tax (5.6%): $1811.66
    Plate Transfer: $89
    OTD: $34251.66

I have been following prices and negotiating for about 5 weeks and the $32226 was the best price I saw, beating other recent quotes by about $200. Pretty happy with the deal. I really do think if you wait a few more weeks deals will get better, but I was getting sick and tired of following prices and we're supposed to be getting subzero temps in Wisconsin next week, so I decided to make the deal so my family will be able to do the carpool thing and not freeze (long story). Good luck. I'd be happy to give any additional details. This board was incredibly useful and much appreciated.
  • cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    Just did a deal on a 09 Odyssey EXL with NAV and RES this morning.

$37,525 MSRP
    $34,048 Invoice
    $1250.00 Dealer Cash Incentive

SELLING PRICE 31994.99 ($2053.01 under invoice) including dealer cash
    + Tax/Tags/Doc

Also received above KBB value for 2003 Odyssey trade with 90k miles~, KBB was showing $7400 trade in value/$9800 private party and we got up to $8050.

Total OTD after trade: $26,091.00 INCL all tax/fees/tags.
    (Paid via Home Equity Line of Credit Check at 2.74% via Chase).
  • CromOdysseyCromOdyssey Member Posts: 14
    I was quoted 31,900.00 Out the Door for a 2009 EXL with RES (DVD). That includes tax, title, fees, everything.

Is this a price I should jump on?
    I was quoted 31,900.00 Out the Door for a 2009 EXL with RES (DVD). That includes tax, title, fees, everything.

Is this a price I should jump on?
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    That is indeed a good price with Tax, Title & fees.

The best price that I have seen in California is 30450 before TTL for a 2009 EX-L with RES. What is the price before TTL?
    I am not sure what the initial vehicle price is, that was not given. I had a discussion with a salesman online and I told them I want an OTD price. If I am only being charged tax, that brings the initial price to approx 30,950. Typical destination charge is 695 and title and tag fee usually runs 250 or so. So you could say that is 30k before all fees and taxes.
  • agiletrixieagiletrixie Member Posts: 5
    I'm shopping in Sth'n Ca for a touring wagon. What are the lowest prices people are seeing in this market for a touring? I'm after the darker blue so am willing to buy the 2008 as that blue is preferable to the 2009. Lowest prices on both the 08 and 09 would be appreciated. Thanks
    Can you please share which city/state that you are purchasing this from?

Thanks
  • fillykonkfillykonk Member Posts: 17
    We are in the market for an 09 EX-L with RES/Navi. While the current incentives don't impress us, we would like to hear what others are currently paying from whom in the South Florida area. Your overall dealership experience comments are also very much appreciated. We live in Key West so shopping via other than phone/email is very difficult. Thanks in advance for any and all information.
  • fastdadfastdad Member Posts: 2
    There are still some left on the west coast (Vegas, Reno, San Diego, LA, Sacramento, Redding). I picked mine up in LA over the weekend. $25.9K, standard DMV fees, etc. Out the door including 8.25% tax for $28.4K.
  • cincyodycincyody Member Posts: 11
    Hello All,
    We just bought our 2009 Oddy EXL with RES for $30200 plus tax and title. We are very happy with this price as well as the price of our CRV that we sold.
    We went through such a headache trying to trade it in and glad that it all fell through since we got a great deal on our own through autotrader!
    Very happy with the dealership and if anyone in Cincinnati would like a reference please PM me.
    Thanks to all who said to jump out of the tradein deals when we were looking for an 08! Really got what we wanted on for both cars
  • WatergateWatergate Member Posts: 5
    We're looking to buy a '09 Odyssey EX-L with RES (DVD) here in the Northern Virginia area. Anyone recommend a good dealership that offers good pricing and doesn't play games?

Also, is the 1.9% financing is still in effect and what are the requirements to take advantage of it? (E.g. 24 or 36 month pay off cycle).

Thanks for any feedback!
  • erick830erick830 Member Posts: 16
    i bought my 2009 odyssey with RES for 31,000 before TTL in fairfield, ca hopkins honda. spoke with ed garcia (internet manager). could have possibly got it for cheaper at vallejo honda they seemed like they were flexible in the price but i already signed with hopkins honda.

good luck
  • Alig26Alig26 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Cincyody,
    Who did you see to get that price? We're also looking to get a 09 Oddy EXL with RES, and we went to performance Honda 2 weeks ago, and they were just annoying and not being flexible with the price. Our Pilot lease ends in May and figured start shopping now..
    Thanks
    AliG
  • unbrokenpeteunbrokenpete Member Posts: 30
    Hey Carman and KYFDX,

You guys are a wealth of knowledge. Many thanks for your help over the years.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2009 EXL-w/RES in Portland, ME. Here is the offer I have. Do you think this looks fair?:

39 Months - 15K miles

MSRP - $35325
    Sell Price - $30987
    Residual - 46%
    Money Factor - .00250
    Tax - 5%
    Additional Fees - $595 acquisition, $294 document, $34 title = $923

Monthly Payment - $550.59.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • tccartccar Member Posts: 3
    At which dealership were you able to negotiate that price?
    Hey I got a better deal at Performance, but I will not buy from them. i hate them since they jerk you around so much and have no integrity. I have dealt with so many of those type of dealers and they never come through. Performance actually promised me a price on the phone and then when we drove over there they did their shift and move and did not get my car.
    Anyway pm me for the info on the dealer name and the dealership since I am not supposed to tell people what I paid. Hint...this dealer is on the east side of town and I had such an amazing experience with them that I will always buy from them unless the price is too good to give up. The experience was really that much better. They were honest and up front with me from beginning to end! I bet you cannot say that about the others.
  • mikesiegelmikesiegel Member Posts: 3
    I also would like to find out about your Cinc. dealer. I read your earlier post about Roush. I'm in Louisville and you probably saved me the trek north to Columbus even though Roush quoted me $2K under invoice on a '2009 Odyssey EX-L.
    How do I pm you? Or you can write me back at fileman@insightbb.com. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,757
    There is only one Honda dealer on the east side of Cincinnati... If you google, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The moderator is correct that there is only one Honda dealer on the EAST ;) side of town. I can't promise you will get the same deal as me(you may do better ;) , but they are the best in town and ask for a guy named Jeff. Holy cow no BS and really the last customer service dealer in town. i have scoured all the dealers from Louisville to Dayton to Columbus and they are by far the best. Timing may have something to do with it so please do not tell them my price.
    Roush in CMH jerked me around on the trade-in and also on the deposit. I had put down a deposit on the car and they called me back as I was on the road to tell me that someone was in the dealership and "may" buy the car! I told them that I had put down a deposit and that should mean something! Anyway no more of them either even if they have the best vehicle price. There is something to be said about customer service and being treated like someone who is PAYING for a vehicle!
    My advice is that if you have those hairs standing up on the back of your neck then do't do the deal. You should be calm and comfortable! Hope that helps!
  • Alig26Alig26 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Cincyody,
    Thanks for the info, heh you're right there the dealer on the east side is very easy to find, its too funny :) Anyway can you email me? alig(at)cinci.rr.com Would like to learn further what deal you got if possible, I promise I won't say anything to Jeff, just want to know what kind of Deal I would be getting. And I agree about performance, they made me waste an entire day, my Honda Pilot lease ends in May, so at first they said we'll take it and sell it no problem, then they turn around and say hey can you just give us the remaining payments on it, and then they ask can you put at least 3G down, and it kept going down hill from there and I just walked out disgusted and annoyed. At the end the salesman had the gall to say to me "Hey we don't need to bust our hump, the odyssey just sells itself"
  • RxB610RxB610 Member Posts: 9
    That's very good price and jump on it. At first i thought you posted only the vehicle price but when you mentioned OTD that makes the van costing roughly about $28K. (TTL, tags, regsitration is usually around 10% here in CA)
    Were you able to finally to get the vehicle OTD at 31900 ? Can you confirm?

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, 30400 before TTL seems to be the price around the Bay area in CA.

Has any one else heard of any new incentives from Honda?

Thanks
  • elephant22elephant22 Member Posts: 8
    My local dealer (in Michigan) said incentives typically come out beginning of the month. So still a couple of weeks to go before you'll see anything new.
  • autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    Has anyone had experience with Clearlake in Webster, Texas and Clark Knapp Honda in McAllen, Texas.

Thanks
    Ontario, Canada
    Well,

I haven't gone in to purchase at that price, I was looking to this board for guidance. I guess the general consensus is I should jump on this deal.

One more time: Should I jump on this deal at 31,900 OTD?
    Jump if you want it now. You can always wait til next month when they MAY have better financing or more cash back. These cars are selling but not at the rate you think. Just drive to the local dealers and see how many of each color they have! :shades:
  • TheSourceTheSource Member Posts: 4
    I've been researching prices for the Odyssey since October and I think I've found the bottom price in my area.

EXL with the R&N package: 31,800 base (OTD 33,206). NC has a 3% sales tax.

Also priced the EXL with RES only and found a base price of 30,000.

I'm looking to finalize this deal today provided they don't try to stiff me on the trade.

Hopefully these numbers will be helpful to those of you searching for a deal. One suggestion...even though times are tough and bargins are plentiful...still bargain shop because dealers are still being dealers. One other dealership I was working with wouldn't drop below 32,325 for the EXL with R&D and claimed that they had no idea how a better deal could be offered.

So...be aggressive in your dealings.
  • WatergateWatergate Member Posts: 5
    TheSource,

Good info, thanks for sharing. We are interested in purchasing EXL, RearviewCamera and possibly Navigation, (though not a must-have). We've been quoted (Northern VA dealer) a price of $31,735 base price EXL with DVD (doesn't include Rearview Camera & Nav). Does the offer of $31,800 you've been quoted include a DVD system? It sounds like a great price, any hints on who offered you this rate? Thanks!
    The 31,800 prices incl. the DVD (RES) and NAV. The 30,000 base incl only the DVD (RES).

I'll post the dealer and more details once I've completed the transaction. Good luck!
    Watergate,

My 31,900 OTD for EXL w RES is from a NOVA dealer. So my base price is approx. 1500 LESS than you were given. This was at Koons in Manassas.

I've been E-Haggling for weeks with their Internet department. It's been less than fun as you get the typical dealer bull through email too. It took me about 20 emails to finally get a realistic out the door price. Now one of the dealer managers wants me to call him..so I'm probably going to get the runaround again if I continue to pursue. I would like to buy a minivan, but I'm not going to pay 2006 prices. Honda posted a 40% loss last quarter compared to last year....these vans should be selling for 28k OTD in my honest opinion. I would be looking at Domestic minivans but the Big 3 continue to make absolute garbage.
  • hondabuyer6hondabuyer6 Member Posts: 11
    Watergate, just so you know the rearview cam, is standard on the EXL 08's and 09's you dont have to get the nav to get the rearview cam. If your exl doesnt have nav the camera is on the rearview mirror. Nav is a waste of money in my option, you are paying 2k for it and have to pay 1-200$ just to update maps. Get an aftermarket nav system put in for 1k and have the best of both worlds.
    Slate Green Metallic EX-L with RES and NAV, grey interior
    $31,800 base
    TTL, $1407
    OTD: $33,207

I'm happy about that. Haven't seen a better deal yet.

As for the decision between NAV or no NAV, I thought about this quite a bit and came to a few conclusions. Yes, you can buy an aftermarket NAV that's better. If you are only concerned about the NAV function, then go that way. I on the other hand wanted blue tooth, the large reverse cam, and the large display for all other user interfaces. The touch screen is so nice, and the fact that the CD player/changer is hidden behind the NAV screen is awesome in my opinion.

Another thing, $2000 difference in price between the RES only and R&N package should be negotiable. I had one dealer set the price difference at 1600 difference between the two options...the dealer I bought it from set it at $1800 difference after I renegotiated the price.

Eventually when you do trade in the car or sell it, the NAV goes with it and you should see a modest return...let's say $400 or $500 bucks more. So if you can negotiate the price of the NAV to be an addition 1600-1800 bucks, eventually get $400 or $500 bucks back when you get rid of the car, then you're looking at it costing you $1000-$1400 dollars to have a built in NAV that you shouldn't have to worry about someone stealing and you don't have to pull in and out of the car, a large reverse cam screen, blue tooth functions for safe hands free dialing (I mean you are getting a mini-van so blue tooth is a big "duh" IMHO, and you get an awesome user interface that has a touch screen and large display.

But like I said, if you don't care about the other stuff and only look at the NAV for the NAV function...then go get a $400 Garmin and plug and stick.

That's my 2 cents. Good luck!
  • hondaphanhondaphan Member Posts: 35
    Are you sure the DVD EX-L doesn't have the camera? I believe that the non-nav units display the camera video in the corner of the rearview mirror (which is not ideal, but still). You can look for the camera in the little well above the rear license place. It's very small.
    The DVD EX-L DOES have the reverse camera. It appears in the rear view mirror (left side to be exact). It's pretty small...maybe 1.5 inches square.

The NAV put the reverse cam on the NAV screen.
  • howdy400howdy400 Member Posts: 7
    fastdad: I just test drove this model yesterday in San Clemente and the sales rep was saying he could work it for us for $29K. Will you share your dealership name? I would like to get OTD for $28K too. Thx
  • fastdadfastdad Member Posts: 2
    Robertson Honda in North Hollywood - I think they only have a black one in stock at this point. Ball Honda in San Diego has/had a slate green (as does/did Findlay Honda in Vegas)

Good luck!
  • hondaphanhondaphan Member Posts: 35
    We had the factory Nav in our 2000 Odyssey and it was TOP of the list for the 2008 Odyssey we just got. The built-in Nav is WAY better than the aftermarket solutions for many reasons:

1. Bigger screen than almost all aftermarket solutions.
    2. Rearcam is displayed on built-in nav screen instead of postage stamp sized display in rearview mirror.
    3. On-screen controls of other car functions.
    4. MUCH better if you use the XM/Sirius radio. If you go aftermarket and want a display to show information about the songs being played on more than a single line, you'll have TWO boxes cluttering your dash, an XM/SIRIUS radio and a nav system.
    5. The display hides the CD changer, which gives the dash a much more finished look than a non-nav dash with an aftermarket doodad hanging off it.
    6. Updates are only about $100, and on our 2000 van, we did it once. you don't need to do it every year.

Also, the newer factory nav has returned the voice prompts to a more pleasant female voice. After the first update on our 2000 van, the voice sounded like a transvestite. We would mock it constantly, and the bass component made it a bit hard to hear at highway speeds. No such problem with the 2008 Honda nav system in our experience.
  • shakaibshakaib Member Posts: 2
    Thank you guys for all your suggestions and guidance. I have made the purchase of Honda Odyssey 2009 wR&N in Maryland at OTD price of 34000. Hope this may be helpful to others.
  • howdy400howdy400 Member Posts: 7
    Thx! I'll send them both an e-quote request and see how they bid it out. :)
  • swampfox28swampfox28 Member Posts: 17
    We had to bring in our 2005 Ody for some routine work last week and decided to mosey on about the lot to see what was in stock. Imagine our surprise that our dealership had 9 Odys - an only 1 was a 2009!

Whoa. Maybe they'll deal...!

Salesguy (whom we've dealt with before and like) says, I can give it to you for 28,900 (sticker was around $33,000). Sounds great, I say; let me take that idea home and think about it.

Well, after parusing Edmunds, Kellys, AOL auto, etc. I find out I SHOULD be able to get it for around 25,500 (I still can't figure out how Edmunds came up with this number as the TMV; even with the $3500 dealer cash incentive, I could only come up with $27,000ish!!)

I DID find out that our 2005 Odyssey should be worth around 13,000 trade in; we were only offered 10... (grrr! I TOTALLY thought it'd be worth more; apparently I'm an idiot!)

Anyway, I did some figuring and told the salesguy that I wanted to walk out of there paying 13,000 ish (plus TTL) and showed him all the figures I'd found. Basically I should be able (in theory) to get this van with our trade-in for 12,500ish to 14,000 ish. I told him that I didn't expect him to get it THAT low (12), and that he and the dealership have to make something - I get that.

Yet I get a call today that they can "work with me" and got it "down to" around $17,000 (with our trade-in plus TTL). I just really think we should be able to get
    it lower. Am I nuts?! Our '05 Odyssey has a lot of miles on it (56K) but is in otherwise good condition (all scheduled maintence, etc.)

I love the back-up cam on the '08 we saw, not to mention how cool the dvd player w/wireless headphones is!! I WANT it - but I don't need it (our '05 is still running, poor thing what with 2 kids and 2 dogs tromping through her all day, every day!!).

I am very interested in what you guys think...

Thanks!