Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dsigdsig Member Posts: 2
    Hi Hondaphan,

thanx for your reply. I'm in NJ, metro area. I didn't think it's was special either. I called him back this morning and said we weren't looking for an 09, a leftover 08, new. He say's there aren't any, none! I like your idea of the email account, gonna do that. I also asked if there were any incentives, he said there was a 1250 rebate, which he already factored in. Then he said there's a 07 with 19K miles, if we are interested. I told him doubtful. He said, talk things over and let him know. I highly doubt that I will be calling him back. Thanx for all your info, I really appreciate it.
  • krh294krh294 Member Posts: 11
    I just got an email from a dealer who said they got an addition $1000 incentive. Not sure if this makes the current incentive $2250?
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Correct. $2250.00 and no APR specials.
  • atrajanatrajan Member Posts: 27
    I too got calls from Dealers that there is an additional $1000 incentive.

The current quotes for Touring without PAX is in the $33K range ...
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    So does that mean it is 2250 off of the MSRP or is there a way to calculate this?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
    MSRP for the touring is

$40,505

Invoice is

$36,677

there was a $1250 dealer incentive ...and i got the best quote i receive with this incentive was $34,327.

Now Honda has increased the incentive to $2250. And the delears are reducing the price by another $1k.

The current best quote i have received is $33,327
  • checksandochecksando Member Posts: 5
    ;)

Below is pricing information for 2009 Honda Odysseys

Included in following invoices:
    Dealer Ad fee (HDAG DC area) - $175
    Destination and handling (Frieght) - $670

Invoice (minus) Holdback = X
    LX- $24,660.27 - $527.10 = X
    EX- $27,461.54 - $589.10 = X
    EX-L- $30,804.99 - $663.10 = X
    EX-L RES- $32,250.80 - $695.10 = X
    EX-L RES & NAV- $34,238.79 - $739.10 = X
    TOURING R&N- $37,446.70 -$810.10 = X
    TOURING R&N PAX- $37,988.88 - $822.10 =X

X (minus) Current dealer cash = Net deal ($0 Break even) for the dealership

For example:

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L

$30,804.99 - $663.10 - $2,250 = $27,891.89

A break even deal for a dealership is $27,891.89 plus taxes and tags and state fees.(if there is a dealer processing charge add that too)

Anything above this is a profit for the dealership, anything below this is considered a loss.

Example: A dealership that says they will sell it for $25,999, probably has something up their sleeve.

No matter what a dealership says they will sell the car for, this formula will help you decide if the deal can actually be done.

Yes, dealerships will occasionaly take a little loss -$1 to -$500. Beyond that...a deal that looks too good to be true, probably is.

Hope this helps shoppers.

Kindest regards,
    -Honda salesman.
    hello checksando,

thank you for the post....

does this deal look legit ...
    Touring without PAX

Price $33,666.00
    Destination $670.00
    Taxes $2,403.52
    doc $199.00
    MV $354.00
    Total $37,292.52

I have received similar quotes from different dealers close to this.
    atrajan,

Yes, this is a real sale price for a Touring Odyssey without PAX

A net deal for the dealership for this vehicle not including HDAG is:
    $33,541 plus $670 Assuming no ad group fee... you are allowing $125 profit excluding the Doc fee (processing fee).

What is MV $354? What state are you titling in?
    MV is the registration and title. I am from NJ
  • qc74qc74 Member Posts: 5
    Is $27K OTD a legit price on Odyssey EX 09? Please let me know I would liek to close the deal then
    gc74,

I would love to help, but the OTD prices can vary quite a bit with taxes, tags, and dealer fees (processing fee)

What is your states Tax percentage?
    I am in Texas and tax is here is 6.25%
    thanks
    This assumes a sale price of about $25,200 before taxes and tags ($300 approx). This sounds like a fair deal not knowing what the dealer processing fee is.
    do you think i can get a better deal, I was proposing a drive out of $26k. what is the best price you have seen recently for the 09 EX
    thanks for the input
    What is the dealers Doc fee or processing fee? If its $499...then the room for negotiations is quite a bit smaller.

I dont see quite $1,000..but I think there is a little room.

To be honest... it actually sounds like a fair deal to me.

Yes, dealers can beat prices.... but consumers being too aggressive with pricing may cause more headache then it may be worth. IMHO

Good luck! :)
  • pheynenpheynen Member Posts: 5
    I have been pricing the Touring with no PAX and trying to get price down to a payment I can live with..In the course of price comparing I have seen quotes for EX-L with RES/NAV for about $3k less than the Touring. The only differences I can see from the brochure is the premium stereo, fog lights and adjustable pedals..Am I missing something obvious or is the Touring not such a great deal??
    The Touring also comes with front and rear park assist sensors and memory seats. I have found the majority of my customers are happy with the EXL R&N rather then the Touring. The EXL R&N is aimed at families while so-called empty nesters prefer the Touring.

Value wise I find the EXL R&N to be an awesome deal when compaired to the Touring. :)
  • BNACRVBNACRV Member Posts: 3
    What is the new 2008 Odyssey incentive? Thank you.
    It stayed the same - $3500.00
  • FB23FB23 Member Posts: 7
    Just sharing recent experiences...
    $30,809.00 + TTL for a ’09 EX-L with DVD & Navigation in writing going to pick in the morning...I think it's a fair deal for the amount of effort I put in! I looked at the '09 Touring w/o PAX and offered $33,827.00 + TTL with no takers.

FB23
    :shades:
  • govthokiegovthokie Member Posts: 16
    Wow! $33k for an 09 Touring? Does that include the $670 dest charge? I'm assuming you add tax, tag, ttl, processing fees. My buying service says $35.5K with dest plus tax, tag, ttl. The dealership I purchased from in 05 charged a $599 processing fee...now I realize that was a huge rip off (I have to register it myself, and ttl was sep).

Are all dealers offering that $2250 incentive? I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about that. And, are all dealers reducing prices by $1K?

Looking at buying, probably this weekend. Have to trade in 06 w/Pax (I knew I'd get less on the trade, but the van needs new tires). Should I wait to buy? How long do you think it will take for the incentives to kick in?

Thought the $35.5 was good, now feeling overwhelmed...
  • lidlid Member Posts: 10
    I just bought a car on Saturday (2009 EX-L with Nav/RES). Got it for $32,200 including destination but not including taxes, etc.

However the incentive to dealer just went to $2250 from $1250. Can I take car back and get better deal?? They said they had a 5 day money back guarantee.
  • lidlid Member Posts: 10
    That is great deal. I presume it was based on the new incentive of $2250 vs the $1250 that was in place until today?
    We paid $32,200 on Saturday with the old incentive. I am going to see if I can return it for a better price.
  • rc71rc71 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your info. Where did you get your price? And, please advise on the final price including TTL. My latest offer is at $31,400 + TTL for a ’09 EX-L with DVD & Navigation from one of the local LA dealers yesterday.
    Where is everyone finding the $2250 incentive information for the 09 models? Is this specific to geographic area? I'm in GA and when I looked for incentives here on edmunds.com for my zip code, all I'm seeing are the lease offers. Before I proceed with contacting dealers in my area, I want to make sure I can back up what I'm talking about!

Thanks!
  • krh294krh294 Member Posts: 11
    These incentives are really unadvertised as far as I know. I am getting this info from email quotes from dealers where they specifically say that there is a $2250 cash back incentive now.
  • newdad3newdad3 Member Posts: 1
    I ended up buying a 2009 EX-L with RES for 30,050 plus tax, tag and fees(OTD 31377) last week when rebate was still 1250. Edmunds now lists it as 2250

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?styleid=101064478&popuppage=o- n

Oh well... I guess time to move on
    My first quote came back:

Base Price $33,676.00
    Destination $670.00

Selling Price $34,346.00 (includes Dest plus Discount plus Add'l $750 discount)

Administration Fee $598.00
    Sub Total $34,944.00
    Tax $2,446.08
    Title $19.00
    Lemon Law $3.00

Drive Out $37,412.08

He told me the following: "I have included the Honda discount in the price qoute plus an additional $750.00 discount. You mentioned a special rate on the Odyssey in lieu of the discount, there are no special rates on the 2009 Odyssey."

I figure if you take that $34,346 and subtract out the 670 dest then add back the 750 bonus discount and 2250 honda discount, the starting point was originally $36,676.

My car buying service has $35,502 (price + dest) - I have to add all the taxes, title, admin fees. I'll have to call and findout if this includes the Honda Discount.

Is that admin fee/doc fee high? I've only paid $150/$220 for similar line item in a different state.

I know you are supposed to negotiate the price sep from the trade. But, how do you negotiate the trade in? We plan to get an initial est from Carmax...maybe Honda will give more since it's one of their cars?
    I think the price is high ...for the same ExL+Nav+Res

base price $30,699.00
    destination $670
    tax : $2,195.83
    Doc : $199
    Title+Registration : $354

Total : $34117.83

I received from two more dealers ...around this same price.
    I guess I forgot to include it was for the 09 Touring w/o PAX...
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    I plan to get a EXL R/N in Illinois sometime between now and april. My thinking is that the incentives will get better and not worse. I wonder if in Illinois if you buy at the end of the month and the incentives get better within 3 days. If you have the right to "re-do" the contract? Always heard you had 3 days, but not sure.
    Always heard you had 3 days, but not sure.

On a federal level, no. Some states, including Minnesota, have tried to pass a buyers "bill of rights". To date I am unaware of a law passing. However, I am aware of several dealerships and dealer groups who have an internal 3day/300 mile excahnge policy.

As far as incentives, I dont think Honda will offer any more dealer cash for some time to come. For MY 2008 they didnt offer $3500.00 until September of 2008. But, I am only guessing - dont hold me to it. I was amazed they added $1000.00 for the 2009 Odyssey. :)
  • Quint84Quint84 Member Posts: 4
    Just to give you something to compare to:

Bought an '09 EX-L w/DVD and Navigation (black w/ tan interior) on Dec. 26 (before the incentives)

MRPS - 37,525

Invoice - 34, 048

Quote was 33,611 plus TT&L

OTD price was 35,961

I bought it in Houston, TX

Good luck with your purchase!
    Now I have a question about the EX-L DVD/Nav...

I know the Touring has a MID (mutli info display). Is the mileage on the EX-L a digital display? Is anything else displayed like temp/dist to empty? Can't seem to find a good photo of what that looks like on the EX-L model.

The 3rd row seat looks to be a 60/40 split, with the seats folding into the cargo area (this is new to the EX I think from the 06 model).

The power lift gate - is that power up and down? Again, I think the 06 EX-L model just had power up.

I've been shopping for the Touring, but now I'm thinking I should consider the EX-L DVD/NAV.
  • iburibur Member Posts: 3
    TRY HONDA IN JOLIET AND TALK TO JIM LONDON.TELL HIM RUBI LAUVINA REFERRED YOU SO I CAN GET SOME REFERRAL INCENTIVES.ANYWAY I GOT MY 2009 ODYSSEY RES AND NAV ODT 34600 THAT WAS WITH 1500 DISCOUNT.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PURCHASE
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    mplshondadlr,

Thanks for the info.
  • crzbrzcrzbrz Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to purchase an 2008 EX-L in the puget sound area of Washington State. What would be a fair price with the latest incentives, etc. pre TTL?

Thanks.
  • robkrunsrobkruns Member Posts: 4
    Price was $34,313 with destination.
  • hondaphanhondaphan Member Posts: 35
    Odometer is on the speedometer. Trip meter (A/B) is on the speedometer. Outside Temp is on the speedometer. Oil life is on the speedometer. you can only have two things displaying at once on the little display. We usually have outside temp and trip meter.

The Nav display shows navigation maps, backup camera picture, CD/Radio/XM info.

3rd row seat is more like 70/30 split fold-down bench.

We got our 2008 EX-L w/DVD and Navi for $31,500 OTD (including 7.25% sales tax) right before new years.
  • rzsalleyrzsalley Member Posts: 11
    The lowest of the 3 dealer quotes that I have gotten for an 09 EX-L w/ Res is this:
    The Exl-Res is $ 28,685.00 Drive out is $ 31,554.97

OTD includes 7% sales tax here in Forsyth County, Georgia.

Is this a good price?

Salesman says this includes new incentive and more.
  • FB23FB23 Member Posts: 7
    My new van is sitting in my garage after a long round-trip to Roseville CA (Auto West dealership)...everything went as promised over email...they did try and sell me a few extras such as the Honda Care plan starting at $3200 and then one last try, just before signing, for "at cost" $1400. I've learned on this forum that this can be purchased after the fact at a much lower price...I'll have to search for that thread again!! I said 'No Thanks" to all the optional stuff. The purchase price was actually $3 cheaper than I agreed to--lower than expected, that's a first!

I wrote the dealer a check for $30,884.00 ($75 added to base price of $30,809.00 for doc and title trans fees). I will pay taxes when I register it at DMV since I live in NV and bought the van in CA. My tax rate is 7.375% and NV has a fairly high registration fee.

I tried to work with the local (Reno) dealership, however, they said there was no way they could even come close (they wanted 2k more) to the deal I got...to bad because I really wanted to buy locally...they seemed quite lost with all the incentive and current price paid info, etc. I wonder, as others have, if the incentives are not available to all dealerships and this is why they were 2k above my deal??

Anyway, I worked with Kevin and Marco in the Internet div at AutoWest Honda Roseville...straight shooters and low stress--very happy! Kevin earned my business because of the price, but also due to his "non-annoying" persistence unlike any other dealer I contacted...either I had no reply or they wouldn't take "No Thanks" for an answer.

Happy to share more if anyone is interested...I'll monitor this site for few more weeks and then sign off until my next car purchase.

FB23
    A fellow Forsyther...Any idea why in the world document fees are $599 in GA? In VA I only paid at most $220...Is this fee negotiable because I know this just pads their pocket??? Who did you buy from?
    I do not know if documentation fees are negotiable. I would love for someone to weigh in on that. I bet they are. We have not made our purchase yet. It looks like Curry Honda is going to give us the best price. I am sure that Gwinnett Place would beat it, but they do not have the color that I want. I have emailed them and told them that I would buy from them if they can get me the color I want and beat Curry's price. I have been talking to the salesman @ Gwinnett for weeks, so I feel like I need to give him every opportunity.to get my business.
  • deal_me_indeal_me_in Member Posts: 15
    That seems like a good price to me. The dealer invoice is $31,481 + destination of $670 - $2,250 dealer cash = $29,901. Your quote is $1,216 under dealer invoice after incentives.

I live near Forsyth county as well. Can you give me the name of the dealer and a contact? Did you get your quote in person, on the phone, or by email?

Thanks.
    If you go to the incentives for the 2009 Odyssey on Edmunds and click on rebates you will see a Manufacturer to Dealer Marketing support of $2,250. It says dealer participation may vary .
    Curry also gave me the lowest price of the 8 emails I sent. I did everything over the internet...I've got to figure out unloading our current Odyssey with PAX. It does need new tires - wonder how much they'll try to ding me on trade in for that (knowing full well they can replace the tires much cheaper than I can)...? And, no, I haven't told anyone I have a trade.

Anyway, Curry did give me the lowest OTD price, but didn't give me the breakout of the price, doc, tax, etc. I am waiting on response. Not sure if I'll use them or not - want to see what their customer satisfaction is. I've heard Martin Milton is a good dealership.
    Apparently, documentation fees are negotiable. My parents just bought another vehicle (Toyota) and the dealer told them that they did not want to lose their business over a documentation fee. They got them to come down $100 off of theirs. They did not push for more, but probably could of.

I am working with Curry Honda in Chamblee. Apparently we are not allowed to post numbers or names of salesman on this forum. I got this quote in writing (by email, but I also have spoken with him on the phone). I think he is the internet sales manager, but I will find out. He is great to work with because he answers all of my questions within minutes from his Blackberry. I have had to wait hours to get responses from other dealers. I have emailed him to find out what his title is and I will post as soon as I hear back from him, I hope that helps. Maybe we can both get some money shaved off of this quote if we both buy this week. Once we agree upon a price, we are ready to go :)
    I have yet to ask if the price he gave me included any dealer add-ons (moon visor, mud flaps, wheel locks apparently are standard dealer add-ons). Was going to do that when I got closer to purchasing. It will probably be next week at this point. Will aslo ask if the van in my color selection is pictured online. I need to take my current van to Carmax and get a rough estimate on value before taking it to the dealer as a trade-in.
    Thanks rzsalley. That is really helpful. I noticed that we are not supposed to post names after I posted my message.

I live near Mall of Georgia Honda and work near Gwinnett Place Honda but I am more than willing to drive down to Curry for a good deal. I have a friend who has worked at Curry for more than 15 years. I took my 2000 Odyssey to the body shop there and was pleased with the work and service. It is a little too far to go for regular service work.

Can you confirm that the quote you got included all of the doc fees? I will follow up with Curry today.