Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CromOdysseyCromOdyssey Member Posts: 14
    This is a 2009 Dark Grey EX-L with RES

I obtained an email quote for 30,500.00 from another dealer and the place I purchased from, down the street from where I live, matched it. They only wanted to see the quote, so if I wanted to be a little dishonest, I could have easily doctored it to say 29,500.00 or whatever. I honestly believe I could have gotten a better price with some more dealing with other dealers. Aftter watching this forum for a few months, this is the lowest OTD price I have seen for an EX-L with RES. All these prices are from Northern VA dealers.

Vehicle: 29115.99
    Title: 10.00
    Dealer License Tax: 58.23
    Sales Tax (3%): 885.03
    License Fee: 45.75
    Processing Fee: 385.00

Total: 30,500.00

So, they are charging me about 500 for silly fees. I didn't care as long as the out the door price was $30,500.00. Looks like they are not including the destination charge and just eating it.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Once again, they are buying the rate down!

Those dollars have to come from somewhere!
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    I am sure it came from somewhere...

The price OTD turned out to be a bit higher -32360 OTD. with 15k for 0% APR for 2 years.
    Hi Folks

How much does a 7 year 80k mile extended warranty cost? In CA one cannot buy the out of state warranties. So this one is a Honda Warranty.

The one that I am being currently offered is a refundale policy (if I don't use it) for 1400?

Should I buy it.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    It sounds like a good deal. I'm also in Dupage County and got an offer of 30,975 from Honda on Grand. I'm hoping the incentives increase in March and possibly even May. Could you please share the Dealers and the details.

Good Luck to you.
  • BigAutoFanBigAutoFan Member Posts: 5
    Eparra, the dealer accepted the numbers I listed. But I haven't given him the go ahead yet. I'm wanting to find out if others on this forum think it's a good deal.
  • netbeenetbee Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 09 Odyssey. Can you share the name of your dealership? It seems that you got a good deal. Thanks.
  • sidb989sidb989 Member Posts: 12
    Hi

I am working with the same dealer...the price you posted, is it OTD?
    I am being offered the same price from Honda on Lisle.

Please let me know as I haven't commited yet.

Thanks

PS: I would need to decide soon, cannot wait beyond March. :)
  • HomersNewCarHomersNewCar Member Posts: 2
    price for EXL R/N from 2/13/09

$31350 (base price)
    $400 (processing/destination)
    $30 (title, etc.)
    + 3% sales tax (NC)

Also...looking for advice on leasing versus buying...was told standard Honda money factor for my credit was .00250 (for best credit)...others agree with this one? Also, if you tradein off the deal price versus get the tradein back in cash is there a difference? (eg. do I have to pay tax on the sold car and then tax on the bought car...whereas if applied directly then only pay sales tax on difference?). Lastly, saw some people posting 0% financing....sounded like it was dealer sepcific? Was tol they are buying it down so you are actually paying more...is this correct? LAst Q - any new incentives believed to be coming?!? Muchos Gracious.
    have you leased before?

i also looked at both options and the monthly cost was coming out to be nearly same after the same down payment.
  • LvMyOdyLvMyOdy Member Posts: 6
    What state are you in? That is an unbelievable deal. What is your sales tax?
  • owenyoweny Member Posts: 3
    dealer is Parkville, MD
  • owenyoweny Member Posts: 3
    Just got my 09 EX, Total Out the door: $24,000 (include DE tax, tag and processing fee). i have a old van trade-in which is worth $1,100 - $1,800 based on KBB. So probably my new baby cost $23,900 to $ 24,600. I am happy with it.
    Virginia, Sales Tax is 3%.
  • imran_517imran_517 Member Posts: 3
    It is Lia Honda on Central Ave, Albany, NY.
  • netbeenetbee Member Posts: 2
    "It is Lia Honda on Central Ave, Albany, NY."

Thanks so much for sharing this info. Enjoy your new Odyssey!
    Can anyone please share extended warranty pricing on a 09 Oddyssey EXL RES?

I am being offered:
    7yr/75k - $1400. :)

I couldn't find any information in the other posts.

Thanks in advance.
    I bought a 09 EX-L with RES over the weekend. I paid 1400 for a 7 year 80k mile Honda care warranty in CA. One of the good things is that if you don't use it in 7 years, I will get the money back.
  • mason2009mason2009 Member Posts: 7
    $34950 w/ running boards? see if you can squeeze some more outta them. i got an even $35K for 09 Odyssey Touring non-PAX with:

running boards
    cross bars
    3rd row sunshades
    cargo tray
    (along w/ Protection Package: wheel locks & splash guards)

Capitol Honda - Internet Sales

also, try & locate vehicle's PID info (usually stamped on warranty booklet). PID is Pre Inspection Delivery. check the date and that will tell you (approx) how long the dealer has had it on their lots. key info to know especially when haggling...

good luck
  • cthalaimcthalaim Member Posts: 12
    "dealer is Parkville, MD"
    Thank you for the details. I just asked for a quote.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Since CA didn't allow you to shop cheaper online (Arnold who?) Check and compare wih AAA's auto warranty ... they refund you if you didn't use when warranty ends.
  • remodelingdanremodelingdan Member Posts: 1
    Several dealers in the silicon valley area offered $24,300 for a base EX 2009 plus tax and license -so out the door just over $26k with the 8% sales tax in CA
  • joesmith2931joesmith2931 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mason,

Just wondering if it was $35k even out of the door price (tax/registration/destination, fees, etc.) or the selling price before tax/registration? With this economy, I heard that dealer are posting a 3k incentives, but no 1.9% anymore.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Looking for the March, April Timeframe.
  • mason2009mason2009 Member Posts: 7
    joe

OTD would have been nice! $35K was only the negotiated selling price --$34K w/o the accessories to be exact. i tried numerous bay area honda dealers & went w/ Capitol Honda since their quote was lowest for the exact Touring model i wanted (non-pax, sterling grey, etc).

mason
  • m_fordm_ford Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone this that 31,280.00 for an 09 Odyssey with RES & NAV is a good price? I am in Kane county, IL.
    I think that is a good price, if it includes Dest. Charges. I'm in Dupage Co., IL. So far the best offer I have is 30,975 incl. dest from Honda on Grand for a EXL R/N.
  • e280l132e280l132 Member Posts: 1
    Current offer for 09 EX-L (no RES or NAV) $28,200. Has anyone done better recently?
    I know there is a $2250 factory to dealer incentive going on. I am guessing it is built into the offer.

Just wanted to see if I can press for a lower price.

Thanks
    Brian
  • dspaccdspacc Member Posts: 2
    i am hoping this to be a good price for our car we just purchsed on Long Island
    29205 with tax added 32791
    anyone like to comment on this?
  • co_copco_cop Member Posts: 17
    Check out:
    http://www.myhondawarranty.com

84 Mos; 100K at $1020

Good Luck.
  • abt2buyodyabt2buyody Member Posts: 4
    All,

Just about to buy a 09 EX-L with DVD and Navigation. I have two quotes in hand and two in the pipeline. The two OTD quotes are $34372 and $34456. One of the quotes (the lowest) is from a dealer who doe not have good online reviews. The other is about average. I will update once I get the other two quotes.

Also, any feedback on Gilroy Honda?

What do you all think? Thanks in advance...

PS. When I do the deal, I am going to post the details for everyone's benefit.
  • raechris1raechris1 Member Posts: 8
    I enjoy these threads so I figure I should contribute as well. I just negotiated for an 09 EX-L w/RES, fresh from the factory (still in transit), a price of edmunds invoice (incl. dest.) minus the 2250 incentive, minus 700 holdback = 29,200. I did the lease with a 36 mo. term with 49% residual and .0025 (6%) money factor. I had a trade of 5k that brought my payment to $327. I am happy with this purchase and shopped all the local dealers. Ended up at Weymouth Honda, MA and the sales manager (rules say no salesperson names) was great. Very straight forward and a pleasure to deal with. Now just waiting for the vehicle to arrive.
  • MYONMYON Member Posts: 1
    MI sales tax 6%
    Doc fee $180

Is this a good price?
    How much would that have cost you OTD for purchase? Just curious. I walked OTD for 30,500 for an EX-L w/RES
  • joesmith2931joesmith2931 Member Posts: 2
    Mason,

Thanks, I've been getting 2 quotes 37k out of the door for a touring non/pax (no other fees). Which equates to your ~34k before tax. Was 35k including destination charge or that was additional and other fees?

Thanks,
    /Jon
  • psrinivpsriniv Member Posts: 41
    Local prices are hovering around $35500 out of the door inclusive of all taxes and fees. VA sales tax is 3%

Vehicle includes wheel locks and midguards and pin stripe

I have received quotes as low as $33137 + destination + $100 processing fee + taxes out of state.
  • T_FloT_Flo Member Posts: 6
    I just closed a deal on an EX_L without RES for $29,995 out the door. You paid $2,800 for a DVD player compared to me. I bought in Michigan with a 6% tax. I plan on installing a DVD aftermarket for about $800.
  • shsg0314shsg0314 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a quote for EXL w/ RES for OTD (31500). for your reference... my tax is 7.735% and registration fee. I am still trying to get a lower quote from other dealer. For your reference.
  • shsg0314shsg0314 Member Posts: 2
    Is it without tax and fee?
    Always ask OTD price...if possible.
  • chan8chan8 Member Posts: 3
    OTD (Out the door) price on the table is $31,500. I would like to see $30,500. Anybody made it? My sales tax is 6%
    Ive posted several times in the last few pages about the deal I got.

30,500 OTD for 09 EX-L w/RES

My sales tax is 3% however.
  • tmltml2tmltml2 Member Posts: 20
    I bought a 2009 Mocha Odyssey LX thru the Internet
    from Gunn Honda in San Antonio, TX

$21,497.00 Price before TTL
    $1,343.56 TX Sales Tax (6.25%)
    $46.73 Dealer Inventory Tax
    $139.05 License, Title Inspection fee, Road Bridge Fee
    $50.00 Documentary Fee
    -------
    $23,076.34 Out the Door Price

Smoothest purchase I have ever made, and I've made many for my family, and in-laws.
    Normally I spend many hours researching, e-mailing back and forth.
    But wife wanted another Odyssey, after another person totaled her 1981 Odyssey. and I had 72 hours of rental car coverage from the insurance company.

C.B.'s price was contained in his first e-mail. No other packages were pushed on us. His price was well below the other dealers, which included Austin and Houston.

What a difference consumer demand for a vehicle can make.
    I bought a 2001 Odyssey LX, for $23,949 + 1494 Tax = $25,443
    or $2,367 more than I paid for this new 2009 one. This was back in the day when there was a 4 week waiting list to be able to pay MSRP.
  • erick830erick830 Member Posts: 16
    i bought my 2009 odyssey EXL with RES in Nov, 2008 for 31000 before TTL in the color i wanted black. i am sure you could get a better deal now . this is in the bay area :)
  • frechettegirlfrechettegirl Member Posts: 13
    T-Flo- which Michigan dealer?? I'm in the market too. I've gotten a few quotes none were as low as yours. LMK-
    Pulled the trigger and its a done deal.

$31,295 sales price for EX-L with DVD and Navigation, no extras
    $2,586 sales tax (8.25% California) Buy before it goes to 9.25%!!! Thanks Arnie!
    $55 documentation fee
    $298 DMV Fees - License 203, Registration 87.00, 8.75 tire fee

OTD Price
    $34,234

Observations:

I was dealing with 4 dealers at the same time playing off of each of them. When the competitive bidding started, not one of the internet managers would put it in writing. I had to come it to get the paperwork. Following the advice of another site, I politely moved on.

Finally got the best deal at the place I test drove the van. I had two sales people (thats another story) but they were both great to deal with in the end. No problems with either of them. It took a little longer than I wanted (about 4 hours total) so I am just glad the deal is done.

Good luck to everyone who is still wheeling and dealing. Hopefully my information helps.
    I got a lot of good hints and other prices at this website:

www.realcartips.com

Saw this on an earlier post but wanted to add it again...
  • T_FloT_Flo Member Posts: 6
    Just to be clear- I did not get RES.

I bought at Honda Bloomfield on Telegraph.

Paid $29,995 for EX-L. They will try and sell you accessories though.

They quoted me around $31,500 for RES
  • cthalaimcthalaim Member Posts: 12
    "Just got my 09 EX, Total Out the door: $24,000 (include DE tax, tag and processing fee). "

Can you provide me the dealer name?
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    Why HONDA do not come with incentives like its competitors like Toyota and others. Are they not seeing the economy down? Are they not recession immune?

They have made/earned enough profits all these years (whatever may be the reason like good brand name etc) .. why can't they help the customers in this hard econimic situations .. don't they think it is their turn now?

If HONDA is not helping the customers, why should the customers show their faith towards Honda? Even after studying the market, they have increased their 2009 models so drastically (about 10% increase from their 2008 models).

I am not against honda but, they should have minimum social responsibility to help the customers.