Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ub123ub123 Member Posts: 3
    Try going through your local credit union. I checked with mine, and am getting a rate of 4.74% -- not great, but better that the bank/dealership rates.
  • cthalaimcthalaim Member Posts: 12
    thnks for the information, but i just postponed these options, but looks good deal..even bestbuy is having similar options..
  • simmsimm Member Posts: 6
    I bought a Dark Cherry EX and this is the break down:
    Price = 23,866.25 (includes freight and apperance package (mud guards, wheel locks))
    Tax + License + Registration = 1300
    OTD = 25166

I also agreed to a 6.99% over 72 months. After looking I think I could of got 6.50% somewhere else over the same period but not sure. Did I sell my self short?
  • z4drivercaz4driverca Member Posts: 16
    www.penfed.org
    Has 3.99 for 60 months for members
    penfed.org has 3.99 for 60 months, I just got my loan through them and bought EX-L DVD/NAVI for 30300 + DMV + tax.
  • newcarbuynewcarbuy Member Posts: 2
    Hi kingofspam,

I am looking to purchase EX-L with Res/Nav. Can you please let me know which dealership you got the quote for 30550 in SouthBay? And did that also include some other addons?

Thanks!
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    Hi Simm, where are you located and dealer ship info please. That's pretty good price for EX, pretty much invoice minus bonus cash and some hold back. I think it's almost bottom price. Thanks.
  • simmsimm Member Posts: 6
    knee,

I am located in alexandria, va and I went through Landmark Honda. They have been easy to work with. Thanks for the info on the price!
  • jay555jay555 Member Posts: 1
    Could someone let me know what they have negotiated for EX-L Res/Nav in the S. Jersey/Philadelphia area? I have a quote for $31,994 excluding tags and tax. Seems like the best price I saw on the forum was approx $30,300. Where was that?

Also, any feedback on why you bought this model vs Odyssey touring or Toyota Sienna XLE with appropriate package?

Thanks in advance,
    Jay
  • aleale Member Posts: 16
    Hello, went looking at Odyssey's this weekend and received a leasing quote for a 2009 Odyssey LX for $269.00/36mos/1000miles/mth. This was from Autofair Honda in Manchester NH. Looking through the newspaper I noticed other dealerships listing leasing prices as low $218 at Boch Honda in MA. Is this a good deal? Has anyone else seen similar deals for the Odyssey? Thanks.
  • dewnay67dewnay67 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote at Bay Ridge Honda for $28,500 for a EX-L. OTD $30,838, thats tax, dmv, and NO destination charge. Does this sound good?

I really want to lease the vehicle and was offered for the same model $479 with 1st dep. 12k, 39months. Should I wait/haggle a bit more? Going to try for same price but 36 months.
    Jay
    I had a Civic for 10 years , Z4 for 5 , X3 for 2.
    The Odys handling is what made it go for Ody instead of Sienna.

I got it for 30300 in San Jose,CA.
    I went for the EXL with NAVI/DVD instead of touring since paying an extra 3500 for the following was not worth it for me, opinions may vary on this though depending on what you think is a must have
    1. parking sensors
    2. on board computer
    3. better sound system
    4. driver side seating position memory
    5. Auto Tilting side mirrors while backing up.

End of march is a great time, being quarter end, pick a dealer with excess inventory of Ody's you like and help him see how having one less in the lot will mean more bonus for him :)

In sunny CA, sales tax and DMV registration are going up next month so dealers are enticing consumers with prospect of paying less taxes.
  • momoftwomamomoftwoma Member Posts: 15
    This is the purchase that I made yesterday on an 09 EXL without res or nav in Sterling Gray:
    Price: $27191(incl dest.)
    Hondacare warranty 96 month/100,000/$0 deductible: $1100
    Taxes(5% MA): $1359
    Dealer: $299
    Plates: $86
    Inpection Sticker: $29

Total OTD: $30064
    I am so excited, I feel like we got a really good deal for MA.

This board was a great resource...thanks for all the help!
  • kir2350kir2350 Member Posts: 1
    I bought an 09 EXL with RES this weekend in Bali Blue in Raleigh, NC. This board was great encouragement to negotiate hard with several dealers.

Price before TTL was $28,453. OTD was $29,778. I feel like I got the best possible deal. Thanks!
  • rey4rey4 Member Posts: 1
    We're looking at a quote of $27,142 incl. dest. for an EX-L (no RES/NAV) in Slate Green, plus 5% tax and $409 doc/reg/license.

Sounds like maybe we should take it?
  • hondainatlhondainatl Member Posts: 8
    There is $2500 in dealer cash, not $3500. No dealership is going to have 2.9% for any length of time. If you are able to find a 2.9% rate, it's going to be through your own private credit union and pobably no more than 24 or 36 months.
  • mrscutemrscute Member Posts: 7
    I thought the DMV fee not up until may?
    But if you lease there is no difference right?

tks
    Hi Carman,

I still have 3 month left on my lease
    should I wait or I should take another lease now?
    I worried about the DMV and sales tax increase
    But if I am lease, it should we affected that much right?

Please advice me

tks :sick:
  • newcarbuynewcarbuy Member Posts: 2
    Hi z4driverca,

Does $30300 for EXL+NAVI+RES include dest charge?
    Yes it did.
    That's correct DMV won't go up till end of April but dealer bonus quota for this quarter expires in March.
    Do you think the dealer incentive only once a year
    or every month they have different plan?

tks so much
  • 2scoops2scoops Member Posts: 3
    After weeks/months of following this forum and doing our homework, we finally bought an EX-L with Res and Nav. We wanted to share our price as this forum was very helpful to us.

Base price before accessories includes destination - $29,800
    Accessories - pin stripe, mud guards, sun roof visor - $393.50
    Total Base price - $30,193.50

Plus Tax, Title and Doc Fee. (Doc Fee in GA is 599)

Total Out the door price - $32,661

We did not purchase the dealer warranty but are planning to purchase a Honda Care warranty online. I am sure we will read that forum to help make our decision a more informed one.

We also used penfed for our financing option. The dealer did not have anything close to that.
  • jimprofitjimprofit Member Posts: 9
    After two months of looking around, we just closed the deal on one of the last new 2008 Odysseys left in Colorado.

New White 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ RES
    - 23 miles on odometer

$26,621.54 (includes destination)
    + $169 (clear nose mask)
    + $499 Dealer Handling
    ------
    $27,289.54 Taxable Subtotal

+ Tax @ 8.1% (ugh): $2,210.46

Total OTD: $29,500

They had two of these units left on the lot, both of them White 2008 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES. We drove both and ended up opting for the one with less mileage (the other one had about 120 miles on it and was just fine).

Can't say enough good things about Go Honda 104th in Westminster where we bought it. Those guys rock. :)
    Dealer incentives could vary month to month. Specially with the macro-economic environment like this, more than ever incentives are proving to be the way to get people to the showroom.
    In general quarter and year end are better times to haggle on pricing since you may end up being the last sale needed to get the volume driven bonus.
    Shop around atleast 5-10 dealers and let them compete for your business.
  • HappyBearHappyBear Member Posts: 9
    Hi 2scoops, could you share which dealer you are getting from? Did you get the quote by email?

Thx,
    HB
    We purchased the Odyssey from Honda Mall of Georgia. Yes, we received the quote by email. We had been emailing this dealership and a few others for a month or more. When we were finally ready to buy, we let the dealers know via email that we were ready and the better offers came in.

Honda Mall of Georgia had the right colors we were interested in which was good since they are closer to us than some of the other dealers.
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    this is the best price i have goten in NJ can i do better?

For the 2009 Honda Odyssey EX Automatic;

MSRP: $ 29555.00 +$670 Destination

Your price $ 23002.00 +670 Destination, Tax, MV Fee
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    Hey there, I have seen a couple of posters reference volume discounts/bonuses. Does anyone have any knowledge of how much the dealer receives when he reaches this magic number?

Also, got a quote over the weekend for 2009 EXL (base) for 27,500 plus Tax Title and Lic. This quote was here in the SF Bay Area, south bay. I got this quote with no negotiation whatsoever.
  • rsk2rsk2 Member Posts: 2
    Looks like a very good deal. Who was the dealer? Right now Chambers has quoted me $200 higher.
  • exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    2scoops, what is approval process with penfed?

More specifically, how did apply for the loan, how did you sign the paperwork, and how did you get the check.

The reason I am asking is because I made my wife a member, and I want her to get the loan in her name only. However, she can only go to a public access branch, which is 30 miles away, or two hours in rush hour traffic. Can she get preapproved online prior to buying the van, or does she have to go to the public branch? What process did you go through to get the loan?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is hoping to connect with people who recently bought a new vehicle and intend to drive it on vacation in the coming months. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than March 31, 2009, and be sure to note what vehicle you purchased and what you think will make it functional and fun during your vacation.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

exb0
    I too got a loan online via penfed.
    They have an online process for pre-approval as long as you have an account with them you should have online access.
    There was no paper work to sign and once approved they send you a draft in the mail for the approved amount which you can use to pay for the vehicle.
    You could get 500 less easy even 1000 less with some work I think.
    Someone just posted 29800 + 400 (for dealer install option) + 700 (dealer fee :mad: )
    for exl-dvd-nav.
    Look like if you are 4000+ below invoice you are getting a great deal.
  • burningmustardburningmustard Member Posts: 3
    I am getting ready to email 15 or so dealers with my offer on a 2009 Touring w/o pax. I have read that there are some great deals out there, and I am not quite sure what to offer becuase it appears people are getting prices below invoice - rebate and holdback.

I was thinking around $33,200 + TTL. Does this seem reasonable. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect?

Thanks.
  • nardznardz Member Posts: 8
    Which part of NJ did you get this deal .... sales person contact and what dealership
  • momoftwomamomoftwoma Member Posts: 15
    We went with Atamian in Tewksbury...I had a really bad experience with HC burlington back in December and will never do business with them again. This was the least painful car buying experience that I have ever had...which says a lot, b/c I hate the process!
    I emailed 10 local dealers about 2 weeks ago... Bernardi and Atamian came back with the best price...Atamian was closer to where we live and had the color that I wanted, so we went there.
    Good luck with your search!
    We applied online and received the approval instantly. We were then sent a check by mail a few days later. If the check needed to be rushed, for an extra $15 you can have it sent overnight. The check was blank and could be made to any dealership/seller and was payable up to the amount we requested in our pre-approval.

The only thing I would say about the online approval was that we went too far initially in the loan approval process online and had to call the customer service number so we could stop at the approval step and not fund the loan right then. It is the same application for pre-approval as it is for just applying for a loan but the difference had something to do with the step around collateral and stopping before then since you don't have VIN info at that point. The customer service line was helpful though. So there is no need to go into a branch - there are none where we live.

The check has a place for you to fill in the VIN data for their paperwork process on the back end.

Good luck and let me know if you have additional questions.
    I would say it would be hard to get that price instantly,
    Most dealers would probably say no initially but you have keep pestering them. ;) .
    Unless you are particular about color options, here is one episode I can relay to you.
    ... I had this dealer in SF Bay Area who was willing to beat any price I had by $100 if I took one of 4 slate greens he had in stock. He had 2 of each color beside slate green but was bent on keeping numbers on par across all exterior color options.
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    in Hudson county. what is the best price you have received so far.
    i am looking to get $500 off more.
  • shadow99shadow99 Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased an 09 EX-L with RES for $29,780 before TTL in Springfield, IL. MSRP was $35,555. Around here they are wanting to deal on new ones but trading in previous odyssey model years is where they are not wanting to deal.
  • exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    Thanks for the info.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    If you can't get penfed's 3.99, AAA has 4.59% car loan for 60 months.
  • tooundonetooundone Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal?

Just inked a deal for a new (17 miles) 2008 Odyssey EX-L for $26,124 with destination included. There is an additional $198 doc fee other than that I will owe my state 6% tax when I get the final plates for the vehicle.
    it depends. here in the bay area you can easily get an 09 EXL for 27,500 with destination included. Depends if 1500 difference is important enough for you to go with an older model that has already probably depriciated much more than the 09 EXL
  • cimbrianocimbriano Member Posts: 6
    I got a price of $28900 for an EX-L without nav or dvd. I am ashamed to say I did not ask if that included the dealer fees- I know that it does not include tax. So, this price was from a dealership on eastern Long Island and there were LOADS of Odysseys on their lot. As a matter of fact, the salesperson got keys for one to show me and the battery was dead. Same thing for try number two. Finally third time was a charm and the battery was not dead. Any advice as to a proper price would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    28900 is riduclous assuming that the dealership is getting the 2500.00 marketing support. I was offered 27500 over the weekend without doing any effort. I assume I could get even lower with a bit of work.
  • newarchernewarcher Member Posts: 3
    Hi all....

I am in the market for an '09 Odyssey. Price is everything as I am on a single income right now.

My plan was to wait until year-end when I pay my current vehicle off and then pull the trigger...expecting the economy will still be bad or even worse.

I am starting to worry that a) there might not be any incentives at year end because Honda adjusted down its production and/or b) stock might be gone about the time that the 2009/2010 models come out.

Anyone have any information regarding any of this? I know that February 2009 Odyssey sales were down ~ 30%.

I am looking at LX models with roofrack running mid-21's. Thoughts as to reasonable price?

Thanks,
    New
  • odysj2009odysj2009 Member Posts: 4
    Can you share your dealer name? I just started mailing dealers and the best I have got is 31197 + fees.
  • daknitsdaknits Member Posts: 8
    Car man or kyfdx (or anyone else) ....I'm in Miami, Florida and just leased an EX-L with RES and NAV. The "agreed upon value of the vehicle" was $31,590.96. The aquisition fee and other fees totalled $944 for a total gross capitalized cost of $32,534.96. I added tire and rim protection and they threw in wheel locks, for a total monthly payment of $565.57 including tax, for 36 months,12,000 miles a year, and $1200 down (which included tax, title, etc....).

Did I get a good deal? I've been reading posts for the EX-L with NAV and RES that said they had a vehicle price of around $30,000, so I'm thinking I paid too much. What do you think?