Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kronykrony Member Posts: 110
    that helps...thinking $8000 tops given I could be spending at leat a hundred or two a month to keep it going plus it'll be worth $6000 in another couple years. Still a bit concerned about reliability...I may pass on it...
  • gurekkugurekku Member Posts: 6
    Bought a new 2007 SE today with Dealer Preferred Package, trunk & floor mats and colored splashguards. MSRP = $32,725, Invoice = $29,748, Sales Price = $27,700. This was a $5025 discount off MSRP or $2048 under invoice, after $1500 in rebates. (I also negotiated a trade of a 1999 Ford Contour at $3700, which I thought was generous, so the net purchase price was $24,000 + tax, title, license and the inescapabe 'service fee' of $99; they also threw in wheel locks and paint protection at no charge.) This was an end of year deal in Milwaukee, WI (Gordie Boucher Nissan, December 30, 2006), but I thought $27,799 before TTL was a good price on a 2007 Maxima equipped this way, with a $32,824 MSRP (including the service fee). Though it took most of Saturday to get the deal done, the experience overall was pleasant and professional, with competent sales staff.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    Why you so concerned about reliability? I think a used Max is a very reliable car if it's maintained properly. You should expect to spend a few hundred dollars a few times a year to replace sensors, plus the usual wear items. The clutch should be good for another 50k unless it was abused. You can tell a lot about the car during a test drive, especially the way the shifter and clutch interact, whether or not it's been abused. This should be a really sweet car to drive! Remember that it cost over 30g new, too.
  • kronykrony Member Posts: 110
    Always have trouble spending close to $10K on a car with 100K...just never know what abuse it's had...especially on a Maxima that can burn 2 or 3 gears of rubber. I didn't care for the way it shifted so decided to pass on it.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    maybe good you passed on it, sounds like it may have had some issues.
  • debbieddebbied Member Posts: 1
    I negotiated a lease deal with a $4000 capital cost reduction at 2 years with payments on $169 a month. They are giving me 12,000 miles per year, I can purchase the vehicle for $19,000 at the end of the lease. Is this a good deal or should I shop around? This car is a Maxima SE without any other dealer options.
  • icepigicepig Member Posts: 1
    I have been shopping around for a week and I settled for this:
    I leased a 2007 Maxima SE Sensory pkg at a Star nissan in NY

$0 down (1st month, tax, doc fee)
    24 months
    15k miles
    $380 monthly
    2 year free- oil change
    Did I get a good deal?
  • cmyawncmyawn Member Posts: 51
    My wife and I just leased a new 2007 Maxima SE, with Drivers Preferred package (which includes all the other packages except the Elite package), electric sunroof, floor mats, and splash guards. We got the Frost leather interior. Feel like we got a good deal, paid $300 over invoice. Could have gotten a $1500 rebate but instead went for the .00087 24 month lease rate. Tried to negotiate out the $399.25 doc fee and the $550 Nissan Finance acquisition fee, but could not (they were at $500 over invoice and went to $300 over invoice instead of reducing these fees). So we went for it. The dealer found the one at a dealership 150 miles away, and we picked it up the next day, at a convenient location, 30 miles away. Really needed a car since I had sold my 2005 Mazda Millenia with 210K miles. Note that the "competing car" for us was an Acura TL, right now Acura is offering great lease rates ($1200 down, $369 a month plus taxes, tags, doc fees). The Nissan dealer with our deal was within $10 a month (but on a 2-year lease, the Acura deal is 3 years). The Acura TL was nice, sporty, but much smaller inside (cabin and trunk). I would say the Acura fit and finish were better). We also looked at Avalons, but they are just too stodgy. We actually had leased a Volvo C70 the week before but took it back due to quality problems.

Some notes:
    1) To get the lease rate we had to get the SE instead of the SL. We really liked a blue SL on the lot, but the payments would have been $70 a month more... for a car that actually had a MSRP of $140 or less.
    2) The SE (with 18 inch wheels)prices out a bit higher ($140) than the "equivalent" SL (with 17 inch wheels and wood grain). I must say that I prefer the SE, in that the leather seats are perforated, and the aluminum-look front console in the SE seems nicer than the fake wood in the SL. My wife has the opposite opinion. But with the SE, the spoiler comes standard and we could have lived without it. The SL without spoiler could actually price out $500 less than the "equivalent" SE. But again, I could not get the lease rate on an SL (not offerred by Nissan).
    3) We got black with the frost leather interior. I do wish they would offer the frost leather with the blue exterior. Right now with blue you can get cafe latte leather on an SL (very nice)or black leather (SL or SE), but it is too hot for the southeast.
    4) The car rides wonderfully, has great pep and handling so far.
    5) I would say that fit and finish seem to be just average so far. Have found a couple of minor things, like spots of glue used in the interior construction that are oozing out of place.
    6) The keyfob is great, you never have to take it out of your pocket. I do wish that the car would recognize the seat settings with the keyfob automagically. It does recognize them if you unlock the car with the keyfob, or if you unlock it from the outside with the black button on the outside door handle while the keyfob is in your pocket, or if you hit the setting button on the inside door, or if you hit the keyfob unlock button while in the car. But it is not automatic, you have to hit a button somewhere. And since we leave the car unlocked while it is at home, that is a slight issue.
    7) I wish the map pockets were covered. Looks unsightly to have the maps in view.

All in all, we are happy. I have two years to decide whether to keep it at lease-end (and if we do want to keep it, at that point in time based upon advice on this website I will try to negotiate a lower purchase price than what is in our lease agreement).

Good Luck to all

cmyawn
  • tbone934211tbone934211 Member Posts: 8
    I have done alot of research on 3 cars that are right around my price range. I am looking at 04 SE SL Maxima loaded up leather, moonroof, etc.. Also looking at 03' TL type S as well as 04' G35 AWD.

I see edmunds Trade In Values are vastly different than some dealerships as much as 5k difference. For example I went to a Nissan dealership yesterday and they did not have the car I was looking for but I decided to test drive an 04 SL with 45k in which they were asking 23,900 which i thought was very high. They also had a G35x with 60k on it that i test drove they were asking 24,365 i think.

I am looking to spend about 18-20k on a car while putting down 3-4k and financing the rest through my credit union which I have already been approved.

Am I way off here or are these prices way too high?

I saw a 04 SL when i went home and checked a different site with 40k miles and they were asking 21,900.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
  • tbone934211tbone934211 Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2005 maxima se with the driver preferred package, the car has 16,900 miles. They were asking 23,999. I paid 21,500. What do you think??
  • ck949ck949 Member Posts: 4
    Have been shopping around Orange County (SoCal) this week. Below is my best quote --- I am thinking about jumping on it tommorow but would appreciate the thoughts of others:

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE in radiant silver with charcoal leather
    -splash guards
    -floor mats
    -Driver Preferred Package

List Price $32,725, your net SALE PRICE $27,716 after my discount and the rebate.

This appears to more than $2,000 under the invoice of $29,748. Anyone seen anything better?? Thanks!!
    Yes, this is just what I paid for essentially the same car at the end of December...see post #478. I think it's a good deal.
    Er, make that posting #472.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    About 84% of sticker is about as low as you can expect on these units. There is a $1,500 rebate on them now which is why it appears you're paying under invoice.
  • dealmadedealmade Member Posts: 5
    Just closed deal on 2007 Maxima SL with drv. pref. package, vdc, sunroof, mats and splash guards. MSRP 33,725, discount with rebate (1,500) was 28,420. With TTL and doc fee, out the door 30,695.14 no trade-in. Also dealer threw in free car detailing once a year for five years. Good deal?
  • nissmax07nissmax07 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a new lease on a Nissan Maxima SE 3.5L 2007. I paid taxes and fees upfront, but no additional down payment I believe the MSRP was around 29,400 w/ sunroof and no special pacakges. 39 month lease 12k miles/year, paying 365/month. Residual value 16,500. I want to know if I got a good deal, this is my first time leasing a car! I have good credit also! Thanks!
  • sian75sian75 Member Posts: 1
    I went to check 07 Maxima SE $ 28,995 MSRP with Rebate offered by a dealer. They are trying to charge 6% sale taxes from the initial price of the car (28, 995). I was under impression that I have to pay taxes only from final price which is $28,995 minus rebate.
    How Does it work?
    Thank you
  • maxlessmaxless Member Posts: 9
    Minneapolis area; purchased Precision Gray Metallic '07 SL. Moonroof, mudflaps, floormats. Edmunds lists total invoice @ $29,401; list @ $32,143. Purchased at $26,985 plus TTL. OTD $29,142 including $370 license; 34.50 title; $1754 tax. Stopped by the Wayzata Nissan dealer to see what they had on the lot. Just what I wanted and sat down and inked the deal in maybe 15 minutes. I may have been able to work the price down a little bit but I'm in sales and really don't have the time to screw around. From what I can tell, a pretty fair deal.
  • maxlessmaxless Member Posts: 9
    Sorry; I just posted the comments about the new '07 SL. Sales tax is based on purchase price. My purchase price was $26,985 and sales tax is 6.5% in Minnesota. Sales tax on the purchase agreement I inked at the dealer is $1754.03. Also, the $26,985 is less the available rebate.

FYI - I found on the Internet that there might be an additional $500 available in rebate form. From what I can tell, it appears you need to use Nissan financing to qualify. I did not use Nissan financing and used the $2500 rebate number in my offer and the dealer was very close to $2500 below invoice ($2416) in the final purchase price.
  • puripuri Member Posts: 19
    where are you based out of? i am looking to lease a Maxima too.. which dealer? can you send me the contact
    rahul_puri@hotmail.com
  • puripuri Member Posts: 19
    can you send me the car dealer dtls? i am looking to get one, and looks like you have a good deal...
    rahul_puri@hotmail.com
  • bhaynesbhaynes Member Posts: 8
    I am from canada and want to buy a maxima there...there is currently a rebate but dealer said since canadian i cant have it....is this true i cant find anything saying it or is dealer trying to make extra cash?
    i would love to get 2007 nissan se
  • alexstorealexstore Member Posts: 264
    ask him to provide it to you in writing where it says that offer is only for US citizens. My guess he is trying to get some extra cash.
  • bhaynesbhaynes Member Posts: 8
    where do i find the difference between the maxima SE and SL and why can you seem to get SL at same or lessor price
    does SL have a standard upgraded stereo?
    thanks
  • alexstorealexstore Member Posts: 264
    SE is sportier has wider tires.
    SL has softer suspension and softer ride. Also they use fake wood.
    SL does not upgrade stereo.
    If I were you, I will get an SE, but if you are cross shopping with Avalon or Azera, SL is closer in its ride.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    The Bose Stereo system and the Xenon Lights are standard on the SL, whereas, in the SE you have to upgrade to certain packages to get the Bose system and to an even higher package(Driver-Preferred package) to get the xenon lights.
  • keithaverykeithavery Member Posts: 5
    I am planning on buying a Maxima in the Nashville area. This is the best price I have been given and would like feedback.

Maxima 3.5SL Options: Platinum package, Mudguards, and Floor mats. MSRP of $32,425.
    Best price I have found for a White/ Latte leather interior is $26,500 after rebate plus tax, title, etc.

This sounds like a good offer and would like to hear your thoughts.
  • gene22gene22 Member Posts: 34
    Noticed a sign at Landers Nissan in Southaven, MS (Memphis) that all 2008 Maximas are $5,500 off. Is this normal? Good deal?
  • keithaverykeithavery Member Posts: 5
    Gene,

I just bought a 2008 Maxima SL with Platinum package MSRP of $32,425 for $25,649. This is $6,776 below MSRP and $4051 below invoice. The rebates make this a great car for the money. I was going to buy a V-6 Accord EX-L which would have been more expensive and in my opinion just not as nice a car. This is from from someone whose last 4 cars were Hondas. I actually think I could have gotten the price a little lower but didn't feel like hassling a bunch for a couple hundred bucks.
  • king_james_idking_james_id Member Posts: 4
    Experts,
    I am working on two numbers, 07 SL (Drivers pref pkg) 5000 miles for 29411 OTD. I have a trade-in and they appraised 2500. Final deal is 26911(~27000).
    Another deal, 07 SE(Drivers pref Pkg) 2000 miles. OTD after TRADE-IN is 26378.
    Am I over-paying for 07? Any idea guys. experts, you can tell me and help me.
    thanks.
    James
    I am in chicago. wont the prices differ between states? May be, in TN, you get lower, but in chicago, we end up paying higher for everything.
    How much lower from Invoice can we go, to make a smart deal, for a 2008 Nissan MAxima SL with Plat pref Pkg. Any idea?

Thanks for the reply though :-)
    James
  • scottycamscottycam Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a 2007 Maxima SE with variable options. Has anyone bought an 07 Maxima recently? What did you pay for it before tax and title? The 08's are out and I'm looking to buy a leftover.
    hey,

Buying a 07 is no more a smart deal. Buy a 08 Maxima before Dec 3 2007 and get 3000 less than the INVOICE. With 07 there is no rebates and you end up paying more. I was in your shoes, but am looking for 08 now.
    Hope this helps.
    I was quoted for 07 SL 26948 OTD ( 5000 miles). but with 08, you can get 28360 OTD. with 1412. After dec 3, your price for 08 goes to 30360 OTD.
    Good luck, and let me know what you decided.
  • scottycamscottycam Member Posts: 2
    Thanks king james..

Well the reason why I was going with the 07 was because I didn't want to spend that much (high 20s low 30s). I was hoping to get a good deal on any leftovers available...
    Then it should be 2006 SE used with atleast 36000 miles. SL will simply add 1000/- bucks.
    I tried looking for 07 Certified cars, but its damn costly and come in mid 20s.
    Leftovers never come less than 26 man. Depends on what you need though. I finished the purchase today and am happy with the decision.

King James
  • ultradc48ultradc48 Member Posts: 2
    If you were to use those same#'s-same deal but turn it into a lease instead of a buy,with only the required fees and 1st month up front no further cap.reduction ,do you have an idea what the monthly should be? these are the #'s I'm trying to get.
  • rafarafa Member Posts: 35
    We just bought a 2008 Nissan Maxima Se with every possible option even navigation for 31,000 otd. We got the presion gray color and black leather we love everything about it.. We love what Nissan is doing they make cars that young people like us want to have I m 26 and I also drive 2007 Nissan Titan Se that we love my wife is 24 and she loves the max let us know if we got a good deal..
  • newmaxnewmax Member Posts: 2
    I bought 2008 Maxima SE w/o options ( comes with floor mats, mud guards),
    paid $25600 OTD ( 7% tax ). I planned to but Accord but bought the Maxima
    because of the price. When test drive, I had very positive feeling about the
    engine and the CVT. One thing I didn't notice is the big turning circle until I drove
    back home. Other than this, I am pretty happy with the car.
  • ksthiebaudksthiebaud Member Posts: 7
    newmax,

In what city/state did you purchase this car? When you said OTD did it include the 7% tax?
  • newmaxnewmax Member Posts: 2
    Ksthiebaud,

At Atlanta. Everything included $25600. Could do better because I saw
    newspaper AD after new year like $23300 w. aftermarket leather. Mine
    has no leather.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who recently purchased or leased a new vehicle because of a good deal they found, whether it was low APR (financing), lease specials, rebates or other incentives. Please respond no later than Feb. 19 with your daytime contact information to Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    Can anyone let me know what they paid for a 2008 Maxima SL in MA. What would be a good deal today.

thanks
  • fventurafventura Member Posts: 13
    I just signed on a 2008 Maxima SL with Platinum and Navigation..
    I don't have the paperwork in front of me but these are about the numbers..

$35,1xx MSRP
    $32,xxx invoice

$14.6 for my Fit sport in trade (I think $1k more than it's worth so you can factor that in)

So I am getting, in my estimation, a price at $4k below invoice. It was an easy negotiation so I feel like I may have left some money on the table.
  • fventurafventura Member Posts: 13
    Err.....changed my deal ...and picked it up yesterday. So far I'm loving this car.

2008 SE with Platinum/Sensory/Moonroof+guard/Mudflaps/Floormats (black on black)

$32358 Invoice
    $326 fees
    -$3000 Rebate
    -$14,850 for 2007 Fit sport Auto (KBB shows trade value between $11 and $13.5k)

= $14384 + Taxes/Title

Bought from Team Nissan in Manchester NH. Very easy experience.

I think I got a good deal.
  • lars1281lars1281 Member Posts: 36
    No action on this message board for more than a month. Just wanted to let everyone know the deal I just got for my daughter here in suburban Philadelphia (Montgomery County).

2008 sL Precision Gray and Charcoal Leather interior

Options:
    Splash Guards front and rear
    Moonroof
    floor maps /trunk mat
    platinum edition pkg
    rear spolier

msrp = $33695
    paid = $31009 ($109 over invoice)
    OTD price (6% sales tax) = $29842

nice deal... $2500 rebate...
  • shaggyvideoshaggyvideo Member Posts: 9
    I was recently offered a 2008 SE Maxima with sensory and platinum package and whatever else that would bring MSRP to $33725. Offered for $28,700. However, this dealership emailed me 1000 under invoice plus rebates on most new stock Nissans (excluding 09 Murano, Altima coupe, etc). So that should bring it down to 27000 or so.
  • mcg0125mcg0125 Member Posts: 3
    Texas Nissan (VanTuyl) has 08 Maxima SE that I may possibly try to snag today after I view it.

MSRP: $29,075
    "Texas Big Discount": $6167
    Price: $22,908

This is the last weekend of the month, so do I have any chance of knocking that price off more than that? Edmunds has the invoice on this thing roughly at $26,000.

Finally, what should be my starting offer? If I can get that in the $21k range, I'm more than likely going to get it.

I wasn't planning on getting a Maxima, but the price caught my attention when I was looking at the Sentra SER. They have several SERs for $17,8ish.
  • dfridfri Member Posts: 5
    08 Maxima SE. Platinum package with sensory and Navagation. MSRP $36,125

39 month lease, 25,000 miles. First month down. $487 per mo. lease (total)

Good deal?????
  • pinknesspinkness Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2007 nissan maxima sl but after hearing about the rebates I almost want to buy a 2008 I wont be able to get one for another 6 mon. When is the best time to purchase one after that. Or will 2009 alredy be out and they sold all the 2008 at good prices. Also this is my first time buying a car from a actual dealership and I want to try to get a good deal. Does anyone have any input on negotiating with car dealers.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
    Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews