Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    The dealership was Nissan of Woodbury NJ. Unprofessional and rude.

I disagree. I think it's reasonable that dealers want more money b/c (1) they don't get the money right away from C4C (2) they need to do more papers and (3) they run a risk for not getting the money.

I think some people might not want to do the C4C, if the government just put the burden on them to do all the papers (instead the dealers) like the mail-in-rebate.
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    The dealer is certainly free to make whatever deal he thinks he can make, BUT, IMHO, the CFC money should be treated as a separate transaction from the car deal. I would have walked right out the door if Woodbury played that game with me. It sounds like they begrudgingly entered the CFC program. Too bad if they don't like the rules; the rules is the rules. I know they don't like the paperwork, etc, but there is an upside for them - they just might be able to get repeat business from their CFC customers. Maybe even relatives, etc. But like I said, I would have walked in a heartbeat from that place.
  • retrosoleretrosole Member Posts: 2
    First time new car buyer here, and I'm really digging the new Maxima. Has anyone closed on a good deal recently in the NYC area? I believe Nissan is having 0 APR for up to 60 months or 1.9 for up to 72 months for the 2009 model. Just wondering if anyone took that deal and what's the final price. Thanks.
  • pmkingpmking Member Posts: 7
    We're debating on a new 2009 SV Maxima, we were quoted 31196 plus TTL and destination which would put us total out the door around $33000. We plan on taking advantage of the 0% financing. The car has the cold package, splashguards, and bluetooth. What do you think? More room for negotiating or is this a good price?
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Sounds like a "fair deal". 09's are all gone at my area dealerships. As an 09 Maxima owner, you will love the car. I do!
  • retrosoleretrosole Member Posts: 2
    Is 35K a good deal for a 09 Maxima premium package with navi? Or could I do better?
  • sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60
    When I was shopping for Max with Prem + Nav + rear spoiler i was quoted $35,000 + taxes + registration with 0 APR. Sounds like you are in the ball park. I think you can knock off another $500 if you dont want the spoiler. BTW, i ended up getting the base model after realizing i couldn't afford 35k :)
  • davegee2020davegee2020 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, looking to purchase a 2010 Nissan Maxima SV with Tech Package today or tomorrow (month end). Sticker / online price is $38,830 - Got an offer (via the phone) for $35,349. Is this good or can I do better. According to dealer - this includes $500 rebate. This car is located in Marlboro Mass.
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    I believe it's a fair price not a steal if it's a premium +Tech. I was quoted $35K for a 2009 with 0% financing on a 2009 and $33,000 for an SV+Tech Package in NYC and Delaware. Is there any benefit in buying a 2010 at month-end this early in the new car year? Something to think about.
  • marc63082marc63082 Member Posts: 18
    I think this is a good deal. Got the exact same car as you SV, bluetooth, cold, splash guards for $31,300 in August. When I bought 2010 were NOT out. Again, I think its a good deal, not great, you can perhaps try to knock off another $200 - $300 at most.

Many people have posted prices in Maxima.org, and some I find astonishing. I have seen two people get 2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech for $32,999 & $32,700, which I frankly find impossible. Has anyone here gotten anything remotely close to these prices?
    I honestly found that some people who are posting these "astonishing" deals are actually dealers or working for leasing companies or other financial institutes. No offense please, I am not saying everyone who got a great deal is a dealer or works for these institutions.

When I was shopping for my 09 Max, I asked some of these great hagglers (or deal hunters) about the pricing and either they couldn't back up their #s or they asked me to give them a call. when I called them they were like oh yeah I am a sales person at this dealership, I can get you this deal. However, blah blah blah same bs...

Like I said, some of the other "deal hunters" couldn't back up their numbers. I don't get it, what kind of satisfaction some people get by posting fake numbers.I went by the "great" price on Truecar dot com. I stopped sweating over what some "deal hunters" are posting on these forums and on Maxima.org.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If you find a dealer posing as a customer on this forum, all you have to do is e-mail a Host. You can click on any Host's name at the top of the discussion.

We don't allow shills...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Most of these "astonishing deals" are for 2010's with Premium + Tech OR Sport + tech, which are $38.9K and $37.8K, respectively. I am not saying these people are all dealers, but perhaps people are either:

1. Lying about their price
    2. Do not fully understand the elements of price (dest, fees, etc).

I have bought many cars over the years and did an immense amount of shopping before I got my Maxima, however in NYC & NJ the closest I got was $34K after hours of negotiations for these models.

I know the car companies are hurting, but I know they are not taking $5,000 - $7,000 off MSRP on 2010 Maxima, without making that up somewhere (fees, financing, leases). Dealers always claim they are losing money when they sell you a car, however when prices are $2,000 - $3000 below dealer invoice, how does the dealer conceivably make $ to pay for salesman, pay managers, and pay overhead?

Something has to give...
    I concur, unless there is some trade-in which the users seem to conveniently forget.

I purchased the car on labor day weekend. In my case, I paid $27,150 on 2009 Maxima S + rear spoiler (This price is including all the rebates, fees and all and NOT including taxes and DMV fees). This is the base model, I added spoiler to it.

Factory invoice for this particular car according to Truecar dot com is 28,774, "actual dealer" cost is 27,191. The dealer sold the car to me for 28,950 + 200 doc fees = $29,150. I used my $1500 customer loyalty cash because I am coming off of a lease on Altima going to a Maxima + $500 labor day weekend bonus cash. So I paid taxes on $29,150 but my purchase price after rebates was 27,150 with 0 APR for 60 mos. This price (27,150) was actually in line with Truecar dot com's "great" price including all rebates.

When shopping, I think its good to get an idea from some honest users. Like when I started looking at prices, I had no idea but a couple of users on this forum helped me but some users are just at a different level...
    You did well on the price of your max. I believe you got every incentive you can possibly get on this car. Enjoy.
    Thanks...
  • mr71166mr71166 Member Posts: 4
    I have an offer on the table for $36,073.00 (Premium, Tech, Spoiler. Slate Black) from a PA dealer just outside Philly. My research say this price is acceptable but it is slightly higher than I want to pay. I have no trade-in. How do I deal at this point ? I am going to use their financing since 2.9 % is better than my Credit Union's 4.50 %.
    Hi mr71166,

When I was shopping, I heard #s like $34,500 for a Prem + Prem Tech + rear spoiler + mats + splash guards and all that for 2009 models. I am not too sure if $1500 more for 2010 model is justified. But then again, I ain't no expert. Just my 2 cents. Good luck shopping.
    offer your dealer $35,000 and walk away. Let them call u back. I don't know if you did the math but go to bankrate.com. click on autos then on the left side of the page in the middle U will See"low interest auto financing Calculator" and U will see the savings on interest on the life of the loan. U might get a better picture if the deal is good based on the savings in interest rate.

I was thinking of buying a used maxima for $30G at 5.59% interest.But when I used this calculator I found I could buy a new 2009 max at $33,000 with 0% interest Nissan is offering on new 2009 Maxs for the same monthly payment or just a few dollars more.
  • shamcyshamcy Member Posts: 23
    A couple of months ago I bought a black/black 09 Maxima Premium (no tech) for $32000 even (TTL NOT included).
    If the tech package is $2000 extra then that should put you at $34000.
    I know yours is 2010 but back then 2010 was not out and and it was towards the end of the cash for clunckers program so dealers were not dealing that much because the sales were happening anyway and supplies were really low.
    I think you can do better.
  • slimdudeslimdude Member Posts: 6
    I am considering an 09 Maxima,and my questions are these.Has anyone recently purchased an SV with just the cold pkg option? If so,what price where you able to work out on this car.I was also trying to find out how this car drives in winter-would i still need a seperate set of snow tire's and rim's as this would factor in to my buying decision.This is an excellent forum,and Thank's in advance for all reply's.
    The best offer I got was $30400 in Riverhead NY with 300 miles on the car in early Sept
    Got an 09' SV with Cold & Bluetooth & splash gaurds for $30,600 (not including destination of $720). Queens NY.
  • alopez5alopez5 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I am in the process of looking for a vehicle. I want the 2008 nissan maxima 3.5 Se with spoiler/powerglass sunroof. The prices that I have been quoted are extremely high. Any suggestions on how much/max you would pay for this make/model.
  • mcr72584mcr72584 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 09 maxima SV, with splash guards, base 33,900 for 29,350, does this like I did ok to you guys? that doesnt include t+t+l, nor my trade in
  • sarita5sarita5 Member Posts: 2
    HI. I was hoping you could help me out. I got a quote for $30.6 out the door for the 2009 Maxima S. No leather. I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not. What do you think?
  • sarita5sarita5 Member Posts: 2
    hi. I need to know if I got a good offer for 2009 Maxima S.
    They quoted $30.3 out the door.
    0% APR.
  • stroup2stroup2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys, I just bought a 2009 Maxima S. Dark Slate with Charcoal Cloth and a Spoiler. My price was $27,800.00 (Not including Tax and Tags). Not sure if that helps or not.
  • mr71166mr71166 Member Posts: 4
    I bit on the 10' Premium + Tech @ 2.9% for 36K (slate, charcoal leather int). I dealt the warranty items I wanted prior to settling for that price. I insisted on the Wheel & Tire warranty because my "inside" the business contact told me that chances are that before 5 yrs are out that I'll use it.....What a car ! I'm still pouring over the manual. This is a classy car.
  • nuprin1nuprin1 Member Posts: 1
    My brother just got the base 2009 S model with spoiler for $26500 ($29500 out the door). Is that good deal with this being closeouts for 2009's? When I went to look they had an SV model for $34250 (with Premium package and Technology package, spoiler. Looking at truecar and edmunds seems like a good deal. This would also be eligible for the 0% financing. Do you think there is much more room for negotiating with these deals? And is the SV model really worth the extra almost $8k?
  • sameer08sameer08 Member Posts: 3
    I bought the last 2009 Maxima SV off the dealer in Sheffield,Oh $4,750 off sticker price + 0% apr for 60 mos.

2009 Maxima SV- double moon roof, leather, heated seats, heated steering wheel, keyless entry, traction ctrl, bluetooth, boise system, 6 cd changer and much more.
  • sameer08sameer08 Member Posts: 3
    Ask for 6-8K off the MSRP + 0% apr for 60 mos. This is a buyers market.
    SV is awesome with all the cool features.
  • shamcyshamcy Member Posts: 23
    I personally got the 09 SV premium for $29k + TTL. It had 6 miles so it was not a demo. This was back in July and it was a different market back then.
    My friend just got the SV premium for $32000 + TTL and it also is not a demo.
    Sticker on both is $38700, so $6k-$8k off sticker is a very reasonable offer to make.
  • abbatetabbatet Member Posts: 1
    2010 Max SV with tech and nav and mats and splash guards. Illinois, Crystal Lake, M'Lady Nissan

MSRP: $39,330
    Invoice: $35,782
    Incentives: $1750...bought on Nov.30th, 7:30pm/ 30 minutes left on incentives
    Invoice with Incentives: $34,032

Bought at: $32,632 plus TTL..no other fees!
    I think I did pretty good thanks to this forum.
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    What is a good price for the 7yr/100K Extended warranty ?
  • creative999creative999 Member Posts: 2
    For all maxima lovers, here's a link for Passport Nissan MD. They have 2010 maxima S model for 25888. I think you can bring it down with some bargaining. Or maybe Get your dealership to beat this price. I hope this helps.

http://www.passportnissanmd.com/new-inventory/2010-Nissan-Maxima/5cb46c007f00000- 10015670a37353cb7.htm
  • vgalativgalati Member Posts: 1
    2010 Maxima SV- Dark Slate with Sport and Technology package, Splash, Mats, Trunk Organizer:

MSRP- 38970
    Invoice- 35,xxx

Closed on Friday for $32,800 with 0% for 60 months in St Louis, MO

I absolutely love this car. I also have a 2001 20th Anniversary Edition with 187,000 miles on it, runs great and is my "road warrior" for work

If my new Maxima last anywhere near the same amount of time Nissan will have a customer for life.
  • safman16safman16 Member Posts: 4
    Just Purchased 2010 Black with Premium Package.
    MSRP 37480

Closed 2 days ago for 31,700 Plus Tax/Tag. No Fees.
    Pretty Happy with the car.

I did buy the Nissan Security Plus Extended Warranty (7 Year, 100K) for $1,800 but might cancel it. I see that the CVT has a 7 year warranty and think I can shop around to get the warranty cheaper.

The car is great.
  • sham01skisham01ski Member Posts: 13
    Hey..what dealership did you get this car from in St. Louis. What other fees did you pay?
  • higley03higley03 Member Posts: 5
    Shopping for a loaded 2010 Maxima SV in Arizona. Last two deals posted could you please reveal the dealership. Maybe I can use as leverage for a better deal. I made a similar offer to two dealers and immediately rejected..any help!

Thank you.
  • inurescueinurescue Member Posts: 1
    I just tried to purchase at the price listed on their web site, what they fail to tell you is that it does not include destination (when I said I wanted the total before driving 3+ hours the sales person said that oh that may not include destination...Oh well another dealer that has deceptive advertising
  • pleximaxpleximax Member Posts: 1
    Hi friends,

I'm getting an offer to buy a new 2009 Maxima S for $25k plus tax/tags. Good, ok or not good?

Forgot to mention, dealer has 15 of these Max S with exact same configuration but different colors, 4 are in black which I'm looking for.

here are the details:

09 NISSAN MAXIMA 3.5 S 4DR SDN

Color: SUPER BLACK

Trim: CHARCOAL INTERIOR Model#: 08219

MSRP: $31230.00

STD* STANDARD EQUIPMENT 30160.00

SGD SPLASH GUARDS 170.00

FLO FLOOR/ TRUNK MATS 180.00

DESTINATION CHARGE 720.00

thanks,
    Plex
  • vikasppatelvikasppatel Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2010 Maxima SV on 12/30 with:

Dark Slate, Technology/Cold/Monitor Packages, HID lights, spoiler, splash guards, mats (MSRP $37,970/invoice $34,574).

Bought at $33,000 ($500 cach back, 0% Financing for 60 months).

Price does NOT include tax and fees (etch/tire/dmv/doc fees)
  • afaberafaber Member Posts: 2
    I thought I'd share my story of buying a 2010 Maxima SV about two weeks ago. I wanted to replace my 2002 Infiniti I35 with 135k miles. It is a great car, but Infiniti no longer sells a similar model (foolishly, in my opinion).
    The I35 was basically a warmed-over Maxima back then, so I thought I'd look at new Maximas. We had a 1985 Maxima wagon, but there have been a lot of changes since then!
    Anyway, I test drove a Maxima SV at a local dealer in San Jose, CA, and felt it was exactly right for me. I liked the styling and the features (including the heated steering wheel, which I had grown accustomed to in my I35!). I did try new Infinitis. The M35 seemed a bit big and overpriced and my wife already has a 2009 G37.
    The Nissan salesman immediately offered $6000 off MSRP verbally. I went to look at other cars, and called back the next day. The MSRP was $39,330 (SV with tech and premium packages). I said I'd buy it for $33,000 cash, plus tax and license. He called back later that day and said that was OK, and we made an appointment for me to come in the next day to pick it up. I asked him to email me an out-the-door price, so I could write a check.
    The email arrived, and it had a sales price of $33,330, not $33,000. I called and got a song and dance about the need to make a profit, "the air is pretty thin at that price", etc. I cancelled the appointment.
    That evening, using Edmunds' email service I emailed about 10 dealers in the SF Bay Area (not including the local one mentioned above), saying I'd buy a car right away for cash at $33,000. Four of the dealers called or emailed and said they'd make that deal. A couple of others tried to negotiate. Meanwhile, the salesman's boss at the local dealer emailed and eventually, but grudgingly, agreed to my requested price.
    To make a long story short, I bought the car from Dublin Nissan. They are about 40 miles away, but offered free delivery to my house! At the appointed time, two retired guys showed up with the car and paperwork.
    Ironically, they didn't have the exact color I wanted (ocean grey) in stock, so they had to do a dealer trade. Guess where they got it from? Right, the local dealer.
    Anyway that's the story. I love the car.
  • djmessingdjmessing Member Posts: 1
    I don't think I got a particularly good deal, but since all of your prior reports were useful to me in my negotiation, I thought I would return the favor with a summary:

Specs: 2010 Maxima SV with only splash guards and floor mats

Prices:

MSRP: 34,250
    Invoice: 31,376

Negotiated: 31,200
    Rebate: -2,000

Net price* 29,200

*net price does not include TT&L plus "junk fees" that I accepted that are obviously worth at least $300 to the dealer.
  • rlwmjwrlwmjw Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2010 sv w/ premium, tech, spoiler. MSRP 39,700.
    Final deal 35074, plus $500 cash and 0% financing.
    Silver w/ charcoal. Great car and no interest!
  • ronzo68ronzo68 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone - Thanks to all of you that post on this forum. Your advice and experiences have been very helpful. I would like to share my experience from a purchase yesterday, that I can still back out of.

After several e-mail exchanges over the course of 3 weeks with the Internet Sales Manager at a MA Nissan dealership, I received a quote, in writng, for a 2010 Maxima S. The price that gave me was $26,899 (MSRP $31,530). I figure that's a pretty good deal. Mind you, all along I told the Internet Mgr. not to include the $1250 rebate, as I was taking the 0% financing. ANother key to this deal is what they gave me for my trade, a 2008 Honda Accord EX, 4cyl, with 27,800 miles.
    I went to the dealer yesterday, they appraised my car at $16,500. After much negotiation, they conceded to $17,000. But when I went to confirm the pricing for the 2010 Maximas, with my e-mails in hand, they stated that the person who gave me the quote, mistakenly put the $1250 rebate in my final price (I don't believe this for a second). We discussed this for several minutes, and the Sales Manager, said he will "honor" the price.
    Now, when getting the final paperork, with all the figures, the price for the Maxima is listed as $27,399. Then I noticed further down on the paperwork, they added in NMAC rebate of $500 (which in effect, got the Maxima down to the agreed upon $26,899).
    Now I feel like I have been misled. I feel the $500 should have been added in to reduce the final price from $26.899 to $26,399. I also believe they were being disingenuous when they said my Internet price quote "mistakenly" included the $1250 rebate, as I noticed other dealers in MA have advertised this same car for almost $1250 less than the $26,899 I was quoted.

I would love to hear what some of you think about this deal, and whether I should go back to the dealer tonight or tomorrow to negotiate the price down further (up to $500 less).

Please respond at your earliest opportunity, as I have only a few days to back out.

Thanks again!!

Ron
    Hi - May I ask how you got 0% financing and $500 cash? Did you negotiate that - I thought it was one or the other. I'm asking because I am in the middle of a purchase and have chosen 0%. When I inquired about the $500 rebate, they said that goes to the dealer.

Thank you-
    Ron
  • shoeshineboyshoeshineboy Member Posts: 1
    Just closed on a 2010 Armada last week. The $500 is cash back to the customer regardless of financing. This is for ALL Nissan products. The other rebates are either $1200 cash back or 0%.
    I took 0% and still got the $500 which I applied to the purchase price.

Also purchased a 2010 Maxima yesterday for my wife and got the same deal.

Good luck
    Thanks for the info. I ended up sending the dealership an e-mail, threatening to walk away from the deal. After a phone call, and some more haggling, they reluctantly agreed to re-direct the $500 rebate to me. I took delivery last nite. Love the 2010 Maxima, just wish some (most) of these dealerships weren't so shady....