Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rlwmjwrlwmjw Member Posts: 3
    I shopped several dealers. Found a dealer that would give invoice plus cash back and 0 financing. Several wanted to play games, but the one I purchased from was great.
  • vinnievinnie Member Posts: 10
    ALL ads state that tax, title, reg and destination are not included in the prices. If not on the ad itself it's typically in another place on the page....And what are we talking about - $400?
  • vinnievinnie Member Posts: 10
    I got my 09 S back in Oct. of 08....Paid $1600 below invoice and 2.5% financing....Couldn't complain...At the time no other dealer I went to would go more than $500 off list....
  • bargainmanbargainman Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a 2010 Maxima SV with premium pkg and teck pkg...MSRP $39,300.....OTD $31,000 +ttl after rebates..took the 1250 cash in lieu of financing deal, plus $500, plus $1000 holiday cash.....I was going to lease but at that price had to buy, couldn't walk from opportunity....of course next week someone will get it for $29,000 OTD...calcilated depreciation cost $283/mo @ 39 months whereas lease would have been @$420/mo
  • 9210192101 Member Posts: 4
    All I want to know is how to get 31K OTD on this combo. Sounds like a fantastic price for a 35K invoice car. What's the secret?
    I wish I could say it's due to my strong negotiating skills but it was rather very simple....I researched the car on Edmunds.com and filled in the contact screen for quotes from multiple dealers...also searched inventory for the exact color combo/options I wanted and sent email directly to those dealers, told them I would be buying immediately...a couple of dealers emailed me their best numbers...I too was amazed that I could get it that low...I really wasn't 100% set on buying but I just couldn't pass up that deal...I enjoyed not having any car payments...because of all the snow here(Philly) I haven't been driving it so I can't report on that aspect...when you really think about it $39k is a bit rediculous for a Maxima that's pretty much a tweaked Altima, even if it is top-of-the line...I had also considered the Accord Crossover and not sure if I had made the right choice(had a price for a EX 2wd w/leather & Nav for $32k)
  • tedmictedmic Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me what dealer you bought from? My best price so far is $32.1K for the 2010 SV with a MSRP of $39.7K.
    Thanks.
    Just follow the same process I described that I did and let us know how you make out....more than 1 dealer made the same basic offer...remember there was a $1000 President's Day bonus that I got that may not be available now
  • ogstewogstew Member Posts: 12
    MSRP 38970 SV w/sports and tech package, mats etc
    39 mth lease, 15k miles
    390 mth

1000 total at signing (taxes and title stuff included in that 1k)
  • goldy3goldy3 Member Posts: 1
    I think my deal was ok.

2010 Nissan Maxima SV MSRP 38662
    [All options except the spoiler and nav/dvd system]

I got it down to 33k. I also had a trade in which brought it down to 30500. After taxes, titles and fees total was 33k, which was the top end of my budget for a new car.
  • pjkopppjkopp Member Posts: 6
    Bought a 2010 Maxima SV with Sport pkg, floor mats and splash guards on 3/25/10. MSRP was 36330 and invoice of 33187. Took financing and traded a 2006 Maxima SL with 76000 miles and a transmission problem. KBB trade in on 2006 is $10850 in good condition and $9300 in fair condition. Retail is 16500 (we saw several similar 2006 Maximas on lots between 15900 and 18000). Dealer gave us $16,750 for the 2006 and we purchased 2010 at MSRP. I took 0%/60 mo financing

We were prepared to take 10,500 on the 2006 and pay 500 (cash to dealer rebate) under invoice for the 2010. With this formula they gave us 14143 for the 2006. I had an offer from another dealer for 400 under invoice and 9500 for the 2006. The 14143 is a very high number for a car with high miles and a transmission problem..oh and they ate the 350 bill to change fluids, do a large service and check out the transmission that was slipping/revving uncontrollably. Some of that money really came from discounting the 2010 lower than 500 under invoice.

So, for those of you shopping now, I think there is room beyond the 500 under invoice (we did not get 1250 rebate as we opted for financing as it is worth more than 1250). A trade in muddies the waters to know exactly what was paid for the 2010, but this may help someone. Purchase was in Reading PA area - Eisenhauer Nissan
  • thor18thor18 Member Posts: 1
    Thought I did good the other day, but not sure now after reading some previous post, but Im still very happy with the dealership and love the car. Picked up a 2010 Maxima-S off a lost leader ad with an MSRP of $31530 for $25,777 plus tax and Lic in Los Angeles, Ca which brought it to $28742 O.T.D (in L.A you add about 11% to the selling price to get your out the door price, tax, lic and fees.
    I took the 0% for 5 years instead of the $2000 cash back because it saves me $800 over the term at what would have been a 3.99 % loan rate. Im guessing the less loaded the car, the less room they have to bargain so maybe I did not do so bad. Still worked out to $5753 off of sticker. Hope this helps someone and not depress others
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    What did you end up paying? I have them $7k off $39,840. Maxima SV with everything I just feel I can still do better. 2011 coming out in a few months (August). Should we wait? Love to have $8k -$10k off. We have a new Infiniti G37 that we received $11k off MSRP a few months ago. But we waited right before 2010 came out in February.
    Paid $31K + TTL for 2010 Maxima SV with MSRP of $39.7K.

Used Nissan vpp pricing (friends & family) which was 4.3% off the Invoice cost.
    Received $1,250 Nissan rebate plus $1,000 for being a Toyota owner.

vpp pricing = $34,553
    rebate ($1,250)
    Toyota owner($1,000)
    Total $32,300

I then told the sales mgr I was still shopping his price. He asked what I wanted to pay to get the business. I told him $31K and he agreed.
    edited April 2010
    Where did you get that deal? I'm in Atlanta. Gwinnett Place Nissan is at $33k ($39,840 sticker).
    I will buy from anywhere in country and have it shipped.
    I'm going to also get them to throw in Sport Wheels (19") They don't like to do that, but they have so many Maxima Sport sitting out there with 19". No one wants the Sport package because you lose some nice options (i.e. dual moonroof, wood trim, rear controls)
    All-Star Nissan in Devon, PA
    Thanks!
  • raven65raven65 Member Posts: 2
    Saw a car that fit 95% of what I wanted, (the color was not my desired choice). It was a 2004 Nissan Maxima sl with 125000 miles on it. I made an offer 200.00 below the TMV, which was 2500.00 below the dealers asking price. The sales rep. told be they could drop off 500.00 and their price was firm... I thanked the salesman for his time and walked out the dealership... before I could get to my car, he offered to take another 500.00 off.... I told him it was a cash deal and gave him my final offer, the TMV value... The sales manager came out and laughed saying no deal... I gave them my card and said thank you again and drove off... this car has sat at their site for over a 6 weeks.. My father said,"if they don't sell it in the next 3 to 5 days, they will car and make another offer to me... Of course, I am still shopping confident that I will get the right car for MY PRICE.......lol
  • bigtcbigtc Member Posts: 12
    2010 Maxima SV Premium with spoiler (Non Tech Pack)
    MSRP $37,850 Price is $32,365

Also

2010 Maxima SV Sport Non Tech Pack.
    MSRP $36,280 Price is $31,030

Both prices include $500 rebate and 0% APR
    These numbers are before tax & title.

Thanks,
  • fiecafieca Member Posts: 7
    I live in IL NW burbs; here is what I am getting from multiple dealers in the Area.

MSRP $39,330 - EPrice: $32,562 * e-Price includes premium package, tech package, splash guards, floor and trunk mats. I am not sure if this includes $1250 which I am really presing hard on negotiating with 0% APR for 60 months. Either $1250 or 0 for 60 months; but $500 is there with either case.

Another Dealer:MSRP $38,970 - *Internet Price: $31,518.00 (Options: Monitor Package, Sport Package, Sport Technology Package, Splash Guards, Floor Mats, Trunk Sub Floor Organizer).

Now here is this special from dealer in prime suburb: 25%OFF MSRP

I am still shopping!
    edited April 2010
    From my experience most quotes sent from dealerships internet managers are including the $1250 rebate and not including the destination charge. Factor this in and the price goes up around $2,000.
    Most people will take the $500 rebate and 0% APR.
    I mentioned getting the $1250 rebate and 0% APR I was told it's not possible. The quotes I listed in my last post include the Destination Charges.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    I'm in Chicago area as well. Is that 25% off MSRP promo for real? I've never heard anything good about the dealer that offers this. In my opinion, even with the incentives, the Maxima is overpriced by $2,500.
  • mvs828mvs828 Member Posts: 2
    Im getting quoted in NY the following:

2010 Maxima SV Premium+Tech, Mud guards, mats, roof deflectors wheel locks $33,000.00 includes destination and 500 rebate.

Is that good? Trying to get a better deal.
  • jones101jones101 Member Posts: 5
    My visit to Nissan... in FL

2010 Maxima SV Premium+ Prim Tech Pkg
    MSRP price... $39580 + protection package ($995) + Spoiler ($370).
    -Total Sticker: $40945.
    -Internet price 33899 + Tax and Tag. (After rebate..)

Final price after 1hr at dealer = $33,000 OTD. With 0% finance (I had $1500 trade for 1996 Maxima GXE). Also, I had to pick from their lot. They had only Black and Crimson Black with SV Premium+ Prim Tech Pkg which was not color of my choice.

By the way he offered $34,000 OTD from other dealer’s inventory and can get the car in 24hrs... which will be choice of my color (Dark Slat). I said 33,000 OTD...we did not come to the deal then I walked away...

(Additional Info... other dealer in area which I have not visited yet since they don't have my color... his internet price is $32700+ TTL for SV Sport package + Sport Tech Pkg. Constraint.. only one color... Tuscan Sun on his lot).

Please share your opinion..
    I live in Bucks County,PA. I went through the process of requesting quotes from about 6 dealers, not one dealership actually gave me a qoute, they all however send massive e-mails and leave numerous messages on my phone requesting for me to come in and take advantage of their great deals.

Then when you actually get the quote, you get it without the destination charges included, but they make sure they include the $1250 rebate and don't mention you can't take the $1250 rebate combined with 0% APR.
    Too much Bulls*** with this process ...

Yesterday I spent the day going to a few dealerships in my area.

BEWARE:
    Colonial Nissan in Feasterville PA was about $1000 higher for the Maxima SV with Premium or the SV Sport Package than the other 2 dealers I went to, and Colonial Nissan offered me $3500 less for my trade than the other 2 dealers. Right now I'm working with the other 2 dealers to see which one will give me the best overall deal between the new car price and my trade in. They are both within $500 or so.

Will post numbers and dealer info when the deal is done.
    Something’s never change...It's a horrible business. It's the bottom of the barrel when it comes to people and ethics. It's all about deception and lies. One of the worse profession out there...Just above Burglar’s and just below Airlines and Telemarketers. Sorry if I offended anyone but this has just been my experience over the last 20 years (full time business traveler and purchaser of about 15 cars). Use a car buying service. It's funny how it also says quick quote via internet and you never get a real price back.
  • volvownervolvowner Member Posts: 37
    I guess I'm lucky to have had a relatively good experience on my last two purchases...shopped Nissan, bought Honda entirely over the internet. The key was to separate the fast talkers unwilling to provide straightforward pricing very early in the discussion. Both times I ended up with an excellent price for exactly the car I wanted, and took less than a day.

I believe the key was that I did lots of research up front (Edmunds is great for that), and knew exactly what I was after and what a good price was. Then I told the dealers I wouldn't be going back and forth between them, that if their first offer wasn't in the top two, they wouldn't hear back from me. That generated a couple of serious offers, and got rid of the idiots. From there it took ~1 more round of negotiation with my top choice to turn it into a great deal. It helped that one time I bought on the last day of the month, the other was a year-end deal.

I know it's not a guaranteed system, but it's worked for me.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Fieca,

Any updates on your search? I keep thinking (and perhaps mistakenly so) that larger incentives are heading our way. The SV Max I'm interested in lists for $36K and can be had for $30K. This is not much less than an Infiniti G37. $30K for any Nissan is robbery given the luxury brands can be had for a few grand more.
  • jones101jones101 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    After Several Phone Call and dealer visit. I have been getting the call from one dealership in FL. "They want to make me happy" I don't know they are agreeing on my price or not. I asked them "do you agree on my price (34K OTD)". Sales guy response.. I will call you back. I want to ask you guys... Is this good price to offer?

2010 NEW: SV Premium+ Prim Tech Pkg (Nav) + Spoiler
    MSRP (Stiker) = 40K
    34000 OTD

Thanks
  • invisiblekidinvisiblekid Member Posts: 1
    $34k OTD? Or you mean $34k is their selling price of the car? If it's $34k just for the car, it's an awesome deal. If it's $34k OTD (which means their selling price is around $32k), then it's hell of a deal.

I just signed a deal on the same exact model and options as yours. Premium, Premium Tech, and Rear Spoiler. My car price was $35,200 with the 0% APR financing offer. I went for the Winter Frost exterior with Charcoal interior. If I picked something from their lot, they said they'd knock down another grand.
  • all4yallall4yall Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted 28450 with $1250 rebate yesterday on a SV unit from a dealership in MD. Today I get a call from my local Dealer stating that they can now offer $1500 + 0%. I wonder if that means I have a chance to get the SV for 28200 and 0%; that sounds like an awesome deal! I just don't want to make that offer yet, because I can't decide If I would rather have the TL or G37. Actually, I want the TL for the price of the Maxima! The G37 I think is just too small for a family car with two kids? Any experience with this out there?
  • kfdmedkfdmed Member Posts: 130
    Looks like there is $1000 bonus cash that can be combined with the 0% 60 month financing and $500 bonus cash. So thats $1500 bonus cash plus 0%. Best incentive of the year. Good through Monday. See the Nissanusa.
  • aaa111aaa111 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    You should be able to get 6 to 7K off MSRP on the 2010 Maxima. I have seen this offered at several different dealers in Central Florida. I just picked up a Sport / Tech ($39080 MSRP) on a lease deal. $0 out of pocket with tax included on a 39-month, 12K-per-year lease: $450 per month. I know I got an excellent deal because 3 other dealers in the area couldn't do it. Got the crimson black. It is sweet - looks like "black cherry" - appears black but is a deep red when sunlight shines on it. I love the car. I had the previous model and this car is a tremendous upgrade in every respect. The increase in power is substantial and the ride and operation are much smoother. Materials are of much better quality - especially the soft leather seats! The Nav and backup camera are awesome. This car is well worth the money especially if you get the deals that are currently being offered. Good luck!
  • richt5richt5 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2010
    Went in to get a price on a 2010 Maxima sport at one of the dealers offering advertised great prices in central Florida. As advertised included me coming up with $2990.00 cash and did not include transport . They wanted to give me $5000.00 less on my trade than Edmunds pricing . A total waste on time. All totaled this dealer wanted to make about $10,000.00 gross on my deal. They did not want to know about Edmunds pricing (for new car and trade) plus got loss of memory on any incentives or monies being offered. They have a lot of cars , but dont seem to be interested in selling them. Then I went to another dealer about 50 miles south and they were about the same ($300.00 less) and this dealer had even more cars. Florida is tough to deal with , dealers prey on older folks without computers ,with little or no idea of pricing . SO THEY MUST SELL THEIR QUOTA TO THE UNINFORMED. Think I might have to go to another state to buy.Maybe FRITZ MALL. Cant find any dealers here that are serious about selling cars.
    We have a 2009 G37 (Got it for $12k off MSRP). We have 2 kids...car is small but not horrible. Maxima would give you more room and still looks great. Just depends if you try to keep up with Jones.
  • aaa111aaa111 Member Posts: 4
    I got a great deal at Reed Nissan on West Colonial after getting a bunch of BS from Bill Ray, Celebrity, and Universal. None of them could match the deal I got at Reed. Do what I did. Call and ask for a salesperson. Tell them exactly what you want and give them the price or payment you want. Right now you can get a very good deal with the extra $1K Nissan is throwing in for the tent event. Good luck!
    How do these prices sound?

Maxima SV Sport with Mats, Splash Guards
    MSRP - $36,530 Selling price = $30,300

Maxima SV Premium with Mats, Splash Guards & Spoiler
    MSRP - $38,100 Selling Price $31,360

Both prices include the $1000 + $500 incentive and 0% APR for 60 Months.

There is a seperate $1250 rebate available but does not come with the 0% APR.

I only add my local tax and a $120 Doc Fee. no other hidden cost.
  • vancouver83vancouver83 Member Posts: 30
    Great. I also got the same car - Ocean Gray for selling price of 33,000. I didnt do the zero financing. Got 1.9%. The car is AWESOME.
    I'm still looking for deal on 2010 Maxima SV with Premium Pkg:
    Right now I'm at $32,770 (MSRP $40,090) or $7,320 off ($3,650 below invoice). The deal is available (I have confirmation email) at 3 Nissan Dealers in Atlanta.
    Pricing:
    Total MSRP $40,090
    Base MSRP $34,150
    Super Black
    Premium Café Latte Leather
    Premium Package $3,230
    Premium Tech Package $1,850
    Splashguards $170
    Trunk Sub Floor Organizer with First Aid Kit $140
    Carpeted Floor and Trunk Mat $180
    Rear Decklid Spoiler $370
    Configured MSRP $40,090

Selling Price $32,770 plus taxes/title

I would like to get $30k or lower . Maybe when the 2011 come out soon? Anyone else got a better story? I'm in no hurry.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    I am wondering how people are getting prices this low below the invoice, even when you count the rebates and the dealer holdback, still it does not come to around $31500 for the SV with the premium.
    There has to be a dealer incentive from the Nissan that we dont know about.
    Any comments?
    Thankyou
  • etwardsetwards Member Posts: 1
    I just got a price of $31,950 for a SV with Premium, Spoiler, Floor Mats, and Splash Guards (MSRP $38,100). Savings on base price of car was $500 under invoice and option are at invoice price. Discounts included $2250 in rebates. I used the USAA/Amex pricing. There was an out of state dealer that would do it for $900 under invoice but I'd prefer to use a local dealer. Here's the breakdown:

Base CV = $30,840
    Premium Pkg = $2801
    Rear Spoiler = $292
    Splash Guards = $134
    Floor Mats = $133
    Total = $34,200

Customer Incentive ($1250)
    Bonus Cash ($500)
    Nissan Financing ($500)

Grand Total = $31,950

Thoughts?
  • corgimama1corgimama1 Member Posts: 1
    is this a good deal? dealer came up with this on second offer, didn't even have to negotiate, but from what I'm reading here it sounds pretty good. anyone dealt with Smithtown Nissan (long island NY)?

36 month lease, 12K per year, $0 down (first month payment only) $409/month, plus they are paying my last two months payment on current car $530/month).
  • branlerbranler Member Posts: 1
    I love this car and all it has to offer! Granted, I've had it for 2 weeks so the novelty is still there... Anyway, about a week after I purchased the car, I noticed a ticking when I drive. I can hear it from the right side and I cannot tell if it's front or back. It's not loud, obnoxious or terrible. Think, stone/pebbles in tire kind of noise. Only this has a metal sound to me and I've checked the tires and no little pebbles. The ticking does get quicker and slower based on speed and is not engine related. I've checked under the hood and rev'ed the engine while idle- no ticking noise.

Any ideas before I take it in?
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    A friend of mine had that same problem and after several trips to the dealer they found pebbles/stones in the catalytic converter.
    edited July 2010
    Purchased a 2010 Maxima SV crimson black/caffe latte with monitor package, cold package, spoiler, Matts, splash guards, and cargo net in northeast Indiana on 7/3/10.

MSRP 36140
    PRICE 32978
    DOC 150.00
    TITLE 26.25
    SALES TAX 7% 2038.40
    REBATE 1500 (500 nmac cash, 500 bonus cash, 500 holiday cash)
    TRADE 4000 ( 2000 Olds Intrigue)
    OTD 29697.60
    0% for 60 months/494.96 month

Nothing spectacular here just got the car at invoice. $4000 for my Intrigue was better than I expected. Free oil changes for life. Painless experience they gave me a decent qoute right away 29834.40 OTD tried to get 29000 OTD settled for 29697.60.

Love the car. 21 mpg so far in suburban driving, CVT performs best when your foot is on the metal. Kind of labors under slow acceleration.

Haven't loaded anything on the music box yet because it looks to me that you have to record CD at normal speed to get it on the harddrive ... you cant just rip it from your MP3 player. If this is true it's a major pain in the [non-permissible content removed].
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats on your purchase,
    In my Lexus and even in the Acura TL, when You put a cd in the drive, it automatically starts ripping to the the built in hard drive, usually it takes about 10-15 minutes to download a complete cd.
    Thanks
    it took 10 minutes.
  • kpandyakpandya Member Posts: 19
    Hi all,
    I am interested in buying the 2009 Maxima CPO with 19K miles on with the below options....MSRP is $28,981. I tried looking for any cpo buying experiences in edmunds and google, but cudnt find any good one;s so I would appreciate if y'all can help me out. The Dealer fees are 99$, and its located in Northern VA. How far can I negotiate??, thanks in advance

LEATHER SEATS MOON ROOF NAVIGATION SYSTEM HEADED SEATS BOSE PREMIUM SOUND CD CHANGER ABS Air Conditioning, All Wheel Drive, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Anti-Theft, Bed Liner, Driver Memory System, Fog Lights, Heated Front Seats, Heated Outside Mirrors, Heated Seats, LEATHER SEATS, Memory Outside Mirrors, Memory Seats, MOON ROOF, Navigation System, Plow Package, Power Adjustable Seat, Power Antenna, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seat, Power Sunroof, Power Windows, Premium Audio, Privacy Glass, Radio: AM/FM/6CD/MP3 w/Bose Premium Audio System, Satellite Radio, Sunroof, Trip Computer, Trip Odometer, Wheels: 18' Aluminum-Alloy
  • shamcyshamcy Member Posts: 23
    I may very well be wrong, but he features you are listing make absolutely no sense.
    09 Maximas did not come in all-wheel drive. If you have navigation then you will not have the CD changer but instead, you will have the hard drive. An 09 Maxima with an MSRP of $28,981 will not have any of the features you mentioned. That is the price of the very bottom base model with nothing but 4 wheels, a steering wheel, a gas pedal, a break pedal, and 4 doors.
    Double check your dealer's claims. This sounds like a shady dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    Looks like that was copied from an autotrader ad.... All the non-capitalized stuff are options on a pickup truck or SUV..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator