Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1111213141517»

Comments

• smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    Seems like a good price, I am going to look at one this weekend they are asking $31,900 however I will offer no more than $29K.
  • genie2012genie2012 Member Posts: 2
    Wow! This is an excellent price - over 10 grand below the sticker! What was your out the door? Congratulations!
  • tropotropo Member Posts: 17
    I live outside Philadelphia, PA and looking to get a 2012 Maxima With Premium and Tech package.
    What is a realistic price I should look for?
  • droptopsolaradroptopsolara Member Posts: 21
    Most I looked at had an msrp of 41205 and I was at around 34 there were some with lower sticker - I think some did not have the spoiler that 336-338 was what I was finding without going into the dealer
    When I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up my car it was slow, so this weekend they might be ready to deal. good luck
    I purchased out of state. There was a 249 doc fee and in Ct with all the reg fees and taxes there was another 2344. I had a total of 4k in rebates and in Ct and likely other States those are subject to tax :(

All I can say is with just my 100 mile drive home this is one sweet ride!
  • void2void_2019void2void_2019 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Hello I live in GA,

Today I leased a 2012 Maxima 3.5 SV with Premium Technology Package Total MSRP$41,110.

Total Gross Capitalized Cost = $35,125

39 month lease @ 415 per month "including" tax

Money Factor - I can't remember but it was tier 1 I think 0.00186

Residual Value $21,502

$1000 down

15k miles per

Please let me know if I could have done better or if this was a good deal.
  • seanf68seanf68 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a 2012 SV equipped Monitor and Cold packages with a check from my Credit Union for 26 even and a trade with about 3-4K equity in it. Am I offering too little? It seems like Maxima's are not moving. Also if I am asked if I am interested in a 12 Altima again, I am going to scream. Thanks.
  • newmaxownernewmaxowner Member Posts: 1
    I went by the dealer one night last week on a fluke and saw one of two Maximas he had left, an SV and an S with dark wheels and dark trim on the headlights in a silver paint. I fell in love. You know you're in lover with a car when you stop after one look and spend an hour in a half lit dealer lot looking at every line of the car and the sticker at least four times. She had a must have, blue tooth hands off phone connection built in, she lacked nav which I, after having a nav car, actually wanted to leave off after almost having two accidents while messing with the distracting screen, and she had comfy cloth seats which I also lean toward after having leather for years and finally coming to the conclusion leather was not better since it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter (thus heated and cooled seats and the cost of them to cope with the leather which also costs more).

The next day I drove her out for $27,000. Brand New. She is a beauty and at 27k three time the car you get elsewhere for just a few thousand less or a few thousand more.

I'm happy. Very.
    Could you post name of dealership who had the SV left.
  • jspagna1jspagna1 Member Posts: 34
    Bought the wife a white SV with Premium/Tech. Package with the black Panoramic roof about three weeks ago now. Had them add a rear spoiler on it and remove the 3rd brake light for me. MSRP was $41,000 and after rebates and negotiations got the car for $34,000 before taxes. Traded in out 2010 Acura TL Sh-AWD which they gave us $28,500 for it and ended oweing them about $6,500. I'm satified with the deal.
    Do you mind sharing dealership name and state. Thanks
  • johnj56johnj56 Member Posts: 55
    Suggesting deals listed also carry dealership name. Seems every good deal is replied to with, "would you name dealer?"
  • paisan7paisan7 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2012 SV with Sports Package and Tech package for $31000.
    The dealer in Clearwater/Tampa, Florida, was giving discounts of at least $9000 on all SVs with either premium or sports packages.
  • deonnadeonna Member Posts: 5
    After purchasing this vehicle, found after the 2 hour ride back home that it killed my back and I shrugged that off as perhaps the late hour (it was nearly midnight when we got home from the dealership in Bradenton, FL) we were then until 10:00 pm doing paper work. We did not get the clean up and detail job (dealer prep $585.00) but it was charged to us and we were told we could bring the car back (2hr drive) to get that. We traded our (paid for) 2011 GMC Acadia plus nearly $5000.00 cash for the Maxima (remember $585.00 was dealer prep and under $500.00 for taxes, title and paper fees) that I get... we also had them agree to putting in a $700.00 back up rear view mirror and window tint (but would have to go back for that) My husband and I let them know that I could not ride or drive the car (I know, not their problem) because of the severe back pain from riding so low. I had no idea until we rode home in the car and tried to ride in it again but was laid up for 2 days in such pain. So I contacted them and ask could we trade back (they still have the Acadia. The nice sales woman said she would check (don't know why we could not unless they are trying to cover something they did wrong...) So today the sales manager calls and hints to the fact he does not want to do that.. and if he did, he hinted that we would have to pay out more money????? WHAT? I gave them $5000.00 cash on top of our vehicle and we have not put hardly any miles on the Maxima. The contract to me, is void... we did not get what they charged us for (dealer prep or the rear view back up mirror, or window tint) Now they say they will send a $700.00 check for those things.... I am pretty good at Math... $585.00 (dealer prep) plus $700.00 (back up camera mirror) and window tint $250.00 does not equal $700.00. I just want our old vehicle back that is an suv and does not hurt my back and some of our money back (not all of it) but they are in breach of contract because they did not hold up their end.... we did not receive what was agreed on... I am hoping that Firkins Nissan will do the right thing. Give me my Acadia back and take this pain in my back....
  • simmersimmer Member Posts: 10
    Deonna,
    Sorry about your back issues, and the seeming crooked way the dealership handled things. I have no idea what your arcadia is worth, but a really rough figure in my head, considering you had to give them 5K was they gave you 25K or there abouts for your Arcadia. Making the Nissan (one year old, dont know how many miles) about 30K really roughly. Retail is probably or was 40K
    One year later it fetched 30K from you, teh incidentals (and I realize the 700, plus 300, plus 585? is not trivial, its outside the sale of the car so to speak so I didnt take any of that into account when I tried to calculate your cost. Looking at that now I see 1500 plus additional. I am not aware of the laws in Florida, but in my state, (MA.) there is a period where you can return a new vehicle, (used might be different and Florida law I am sure is different. I would find an Attorney and have them write up a letter with your requests, the reasons and the additional moneys you are out. A little pressure from an Attorney will get you what you need here and the cost for a letter such as this is rarely over 100 dollars. They will change thier tune, (and still try to get the most from you) but you may be protected by a similar law as we have in MA.
    As an example, I bought a used vehicle in 1981 :) a VW rabbit and I found after two weeks that it consumed a quart of oil a week. When I tried to return it, I had issues, found a lawyer and for $35.00 got a letter sent out. The dealer offered me list for list or retail for retail. so I chose to go retail for retail, bought a new Toyota for list price to get back the full amount. Different situation, not a perfect solution but the letter made all the difference. They made thier money., but I was not robbed as I would have been without it. (turns out the owners manual of the rabbit indicated that the car (gasoline version) would consume a quart of oil every 300 miles. Normal for this vehicle. I dont think the dealer even was aware of this as they werent a VW dealer.

I would also get the car to the lot and leave it there. Do not drive it any further. Call the Manager (dealer manager, first try to reason with him, bypass your salesmen. If that does not work, get the letter, call the manager, again and tell them your dropping it off, and be prepared to find a ride home. The longer it sits in your possesion, the harder it will be to get your old vehicle back. Check this out with an Attorney first, to see if he has any strategy, but he will know the laws in your state. Good luck to you. Act quickly.

As for the comfort of your Maxima. I am 6'2" and the seat is very adjustable. I am somewhat surprised you have issues with comfort in that car. Its the SV version, does it have NAV and tech package? I was making the assumption it was and based my pricing on that information. Would also expect it was a new 2011 with under 5000 miles on it or thererabouts.
    Yes, Simmer. I am going to consult an attorney as our 2011 Acadia had 25,688 miles on it and the 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV had 6499 miles on it. A beautiful car that is true. But it caused me serious back pain (aggravated an old back injury that had not bothered me in many years) Had we test driven the vehicle I may have found this out before the purchase but it was late (we did not get out the dealership until 10:00 pm and no one was there except the sales manager (who left before the sales woman and an office clerk) oh, and the janitor... so no test drive. We did not get the dealer prep and all of the stuff that was part of our agreement in the contract to purchase. Once I realized (and it was quickly) that the car caused severe back pain I contacted them to tell them.. They wanted to put us in a Hyundai (a $16,000.00 vehicle) even less than we started because the price of the Maxima was $27,000.00 and change. with our trade and $5000.00 dollars... now they are trying to further rip us off and will not hear of a trade back for our vehicle (which they still have) unless we give them the Maxima back (that they themselves valued greater than our Acadia) plus MORE money... Now how the heck did that happen? All of a sudden in just a few days our Acadia surpassed the value of the Maxima thousands of dollars. Remember the Maxima is just sitting not being driven. I am so disgusted. But I used to work for an attorney and know that they have breeched the contract and agreement and charged us for services we did not receive (a fraud) and they have either committed a fraud in the beginning by over valuing their Maxima or now by undervaluing the Maxima and upping the value of our Acadia to get more money out of us. I am a writer and have been published in 3 different books as to date and am quite sure any and several newspapers would print a story for me about the deceitful business practices we have encountered. I know my way around the media and know of several attorneys who are willing to help to resolve this problem. Not to mention I have a product that I cannot use and they have not even fulfilled their end of the contract and that time has passed for them to do so and are ignoring the resolve I asked for. Trade back and they keep some of the money but give some back (I feel half is more than fair, otherwise it could cost them more in the long run for all the run around. Thank you for your support and information! It is good to know that there are people out there who offer support.
    Here is an update as of today. Dean (the sales manager) at Firkins Nissan in Bradenton, FL contacted my husband today and told him that we could trade the Nissan Maxima back for our GMC Acadia if we give him an additional $2000.00! This is after he valued his Nissan Maxima at $27000.00 just days ago and our GMC Acadia at around $23,000.00 and we had to give nearly $5000.00 dollars difference now this CROOK wants $2000.00 more to go back to where we started???? Bernie Madoff was an angel compared to Firkins Nissan! That is nearly $7000.00 they are trying to scam us out of, holy cow. I am beyond angry. I contacted our attorney and have also made contact with our local news who does "Call for Action" against business such as these. And this is about to get ugly and very public. I have been robbed and the thief is trying to do it again. And also, this treasure of a man, has only been there for two weeks.... now if the bosses are backing this crime (because that is exactly what it it) I have written values from 3 different auto dealerships of the Nissan Maxima (remember has been sitting and not driven) for $20,000.00 now are they all lying or was Dean with FIRKINS NISSAN at Bradenton, FL? Days after he valued his Maxima at $27,000.00 :mad:
    Breech of contract, Fraud and deceptive business practices are all over this transaction. Dean tried to tell my husband today that he did not value the Maxima at $27000.00 but like $23,000.00 LIAR! I have that right in front of me in the paperwork... Dean, you must learn to remember your lies.... I will not allow these people to walk all over us and take advantage of us. They give other dealerships a very bad name. If this is the sales manager's fault alone then the dealership should make it right but we have not heard a word from the owners. And you are only as good as the people who work for you, perhaps Dean needs to be relieved of his job.... Firkins does NOT put the customer first and their satisfaction as their ads all say... they took down a post I made on their facebook page about our experience... they took it down this morning but I did copy it.... They only want the positive feedback not the negative... how deceptive is that? They pick and choose what they want the public to know....
    They are calling your bluff. Carry forward. They do have a right to take as much from you as they can, (free market) If you purchase a new car for list price as an example, and drive it off the lot, it will drop in value immediately. (its inflated when you buy it, thats thier job, right or wrong) its not that they have to charge you what they owe on it. Your might be better off selling it for 27K and taking a smaller loss. If there are laws to protect the consumer, trial period , right of recission, you may have a good stand, but if it does exist, its a limited time period. Get your lawyer working on it, know your rights. A quick search just now on Florida and right to rescission (sp?) tells me if you do have a case at all, you have three days only to exercise that right. They are stalling, or the time has already expired. Sorry for your situation, but its a nice car and should sell for 25K plus private sale. (a 2000 loss).
    Simmer, I am not giving up for sure. But I have had three dealers who have given me written value of this Maxima $20,000.00 and the highest $21,000.00 just days after the deal in which the sales manager valued the car at nearly $28,000. in writing. Both were used vehicles so I can't see a drop that fast in that amount. The other dealerships have told us we were out right lied to about the value on both. Imagine a car salesman lying to us?

I have an attorney on it and the local news. So we will see what happens now. I hope to keep others from being taken advantage of by them for sure. Bad business is bad business and they should change their slogan about the customer satisfaction. Thanks for the imput and support. I would love to sell it outright or trade it but not at a $8000.00 loss :cry:
    Simmer! Just talked to the general manager Randy Santos, and he is going to give us our Acadia back with a full refund or our money! My husband is going in tomorrow to switch out autos! Very happy. Guess that no one wants to go to court or be on the news, shame on that sales manager, Dean;;; But thank you for your support and encouraging me to move forward and not give up. Thanks to the general manager for making this right! :)
  • drcofwcdrcofwc Member Posts: 2
    You did pretty good, I got an 11 Maxima Premium Crimson Black MSRP 41k on lease for $350 a month with $1500 down for 39 months 12k miles year. Buy out is $22,400 but I paid a little more upfront with less miles allowance for the lower payment. About the same overall cost as you.
  • drcofwcdrcofwc Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention I got the tech package also. I've been pretty happy with the deal. A guy in my work was paying $472 for an 09 base SV. Thats $4,758 more and didnt get the car fully loaded. oof.
    Good for you. I am glad you got justice here. The sales manager was out of line. (good guy bad guy routine? we wont really know) They would have taken your money had you not pushed. Many, many people will not. Its a numbers game for sales people. They get ahead by making thier numbers and get rewarded for breaking thier numbers. Cars, appliences, most any item that has a sales force tends to follow the same rules. Saturn used to be the one who broke that trend (or were much publicised for doing it, I have no experience with them personally)
    In a case such as yours, the Internet is your tool.
    As much as I do love my Maxima, the Acura was my next choice. Personally I am not a follower, so no Toyotas or Iphones for me :D
  • spacercablespacercable Member Posts: 3
    The lowest the dealership is willing to go on the 3.5S with LE package is $26,900. This price includes the Nissan rebate of $4K. The Sticker price is $34,435. Doing the math, they are discounting this vehicle $7,535 off sticker price. The dealership is located in the Boston, MA area.

Is this a reasonable price to pay? Any responses are greatly appreciated!
    That sounds like a good deal depending on the options. I did not research, what does the LE come with? Leather? sport wheels? etc? Im from Ma. myself and did a lot of research last year at this time. Have a good handle on the non sport max. there were a few reasons I didnt buy the S but price wise, the S is much less money. Cars.com lists 2012 max_S at around 30-32K so it sounds like a very good price. If you decide to buy, def check it out with a mechanic before you buy. A lot of cars get purchased at auction and therefore dealers can still make a tidy profit from a ar similar to yours. You have to make sure its not been hit and repaired, and if so, was it repaired right (as in minor hit) it may still be worth pursueing regarless IF it was an auction car. Car fax will help but not always do they get reported. Thats where a good mechanic can look it over and find things you dont see. Which dealer is this? I have had some experience with several in MA all the way into Boston too. My mechanic would look a car like this over for no cost. You may get a $25-30 charge to have someone do this but its well worth it. Never ever trust a dealer. ;)
  • spacercablespacercable Member Posts: 3
    Thanks alot for the response. It is appreciated. Never trust the dealers-I def hear you. As for your questions....The car is brand new 2012 with just 50 miles on it. The Limited edition package only stickers for an additional $710 so it doesn't include much more than the regular (S) model. The seats are cloth. The LE package includes dark hyper silver wheels,smoked headlights and dark finish sports grille, HID xenon lights, fog lights, outside mirrors with led turn signal, rear spoiler, digital compass in rear view mirror and metallic trim inside the car.

The car comes with 3 other small options..... mats,splash guards and trunk organizer.

Thanks again
    I purchased a new 2011 maxima from quirk so you may want to check them out as always end of month is best and they sell on volume
    Straight forward but don't buy any maint. Plan or extras
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    Currently the Bankston Dealers around me are offering the car with te Rear Spoiler and Nav and the Surrounding Lighting for $32744 +TTL. Anyone in Dallas found anything better? Which dealership and how much?

Thanks all! :shades:
    Anyone?!?!?! :surprise:
    :) Dont know dallas area, I am in New England, but when I was looking at a 2012 last October, I was unablel to get them down to 30K. I could have gotten one for 32-33K new with Nav and tech. The surround lighting, is a little bit of a letdown, unless there is something new, its just interior lighting off the doors? or in the foot wells.

I would think you can do much much better. After all its now almost 2013. The one I looked at for 32-33 a year ago loaded the same? Seems to me they are still a few grand high. Best bet, go out and get competing prices. Ive done this with my Pathfinder in Jan 2004 was a 2003LE with leather in my color. Got one guy to go down to 30, got the dealer I bought at to match it.
    Find another car with nearly the same options (I say nearly meaning same options but maybe different color) tell THEM you have a deal for 32K will they do 31K ? If they say yes, go right back to first dealer and tell him you have a deal for 31 will they go 30 or 30.5K I think you can do better than that deal, I really do but the area of the country does make a difference. Check out the pricing thru Edmunds, and cars.com, compare what they value the car with same options, take that sheet with you, dont sign anything, be prepared to walk. Do NOT let them see you interested or they will walk all over you. Have to be strong. ! Good luck, play them against themselves, end of the month etc. make a difference!
    I finally got a dealer to get me the following package in $34,600 OTD.

Premium Pkg
    Premium Tech Pkg,
    Cold Pkg.
    Surround Exterior Security Lighting,
    Spoiler,
    Window Tints,
    Wheel Locks, Pin Striping

Colors: Black Exterior/Charcoal Interior
    Looking for a '12 last year would have been like looking for a new one. Here I'm looking year end and loaded. I am fairly confident I did well as the MSRP was around $42k. There were $4k Nissan Manufacturer Rebates, $500 NMAC and More than $5k Dealer incentives to go with this.
  • desta1desta1 Member Posts: 1
    It doesn't sound like "deceitful business practices" to me.

It sounds like you had buyer's remorse and decided that you no longer wanted the deal you lawfully agreed to.

Even if your "back injury" claim is true - the dealership did nothing unethical selling you that vehicle.

The only person in the wrong here is you for failing to exercise proper due-diligence before buying a car and then libeling the dealer afterward on here.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

For 2014 Nissan Maxima purchase experiences, please visit the 2014 Nissan Maxima Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.