Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    We we bought ours I think our dealer said their limit was 15K, but it may vary by dealer.
  • HOdysyhunterHOdysyhunter Member Posts: 38
    Any one seen this and have any thoughts ?
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/30/news/companies/cash_for_clunkers/index.htm?postv- ersion=2009050108

"So-called cash-for-clunkers legislation introduced in January aimed to encourage the purchase of more fuel efficient cars. Consumers with old, gas guzzlers could get $1,500 to $5,000 vouchers funded by the government to use toward the purchase of new cars. "
  • westk1westk1 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a base EX, Silver Pearl for $24,332. OTD, $27,069. I had several dealers agree to the price or within $40 of it. Not all had EX's in stock. Dealer was San Leandro Honda. Do not buy the Honda Care Extended warrenty from a dealer. You can purchase it yourself if you want it from Honda directly for a much lower price. Honda allows you to purchase the new vehicle contract within the first 6,000 miles.
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    No, the 2010 should not be a redesign. If Honda keeps its 6 year cycle, it will be in 2011. However, it may slip. Toyota was supposed to have a redesigned Sienna this year, but it has slipped to the 2011 model year.
  • msa33msa33 Member Posts: 5
    Can you tell me the dealer? Does that include destination?
  • toyojunktoyojunk Member Posts: 19
    2010 Odysseys were upposed to arrive at Honda dealers Fall 2009. Same with 2010 Siennas and both were scheduled to be re-designed.
  • ali18ali18 Member Posts: 4
    It's DCH Academy Honda of Old Bridge, NJ.
    Thanks. I got a quote from them for about the same price as you on an ex-l without dvd. Is your price with destination?
  • rascallyrabbitrascallyrabbit Member Posts: 2
    I may have missed the boat on this one. I want to buy a Honda Odyssey Touring and received some great quotes in April but was waiting on my windfall money to come in... it took longer than I expected and now I see that the rebates and incentives are not currently being offered by Honda. Does anyone know if they are coming back or if dealerships are hungry enough to honor the April quote?
  • ckraheckrahe Member Posts: 10
    badtaamiz_2000: If you've already used Edmund's dealer contact service for Jim Coleman, then maybe you need to wait until the end of month to get your best deal.
    The incentives are the same this month.
  • chuquechuque Member Posts: 6
    westk1: How much was SL Honda trying to sell you the Honda Care for?
  • carolguancarolguan Member Posts: 2
    Hi, xncq,

It is really a good deal for EX-L with RES.
    Could you please send the quote, dealer and the repre's name and contact info to haiyingg@hotmail.com?

Thank you very much!

Best,
    Carol
  • jaysterjayster Member Posts: 3
    :) I went to 2 dealers. Napelton in the Chicago gave the best price. I got an EX-L with Nav, Res, leather for $32,700. It stickered for over 38 so I feel I did pretty well. The US versions were junk compared to the ODD. I was tired of repair bills on my domestics. Time will tell if my choice is good, Jayster
    HI Jayster,

If possible, can you pl. fwd me the email with that quote to KRUSHI AT GMAIL DOT COM?
  • tc2009tc2009 Member Posts: 7
    I just got a call from a sales associate and he told me nothing has changed in terms of incentives for May. He quoted me:
    27988 + TTL EXL
    29288 + TTL EXL with RES
  • ali18ali18 Member Posts: 4
    No. It is without the destination charge. I think I'm going in to see if they would budge alittle.
    Thanks TC .. where do u live? The quotes are more or less similar to the quotes I receive here in WA state... u can email me at krushi at gmail dot com
  • michaelvan2michaelvan2 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, I have been working several dealers against each other.
    We are looking to buy a EX-L without NAV or DVD. So far the best
    I could work them down to was 28118.00 + TTL. This includes the pro pac.
    Does this seem reasonable for San Diego Area CA.

Thanks,

Mike
  • twsjtwsj Member Posts: 6
    Sticker $34,590, EX-L w/Res (DVD player)
    $28,450.00 (not inc. tax tag processing fee)
  • cleverstarcleverstar Member Posts: 23
    $2500 + 2.9%, good till 07/06/09.
    postponing purchase plan accordingly.
  • hot2004hot2004 Member Posts: 26
    I bet destination and Doc fee are not included.
  • yamsyams Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and love all the input here so thanks.

A couple questions. Do folks arrange private financing before negotiating a quote? Can you arrange for the Honda 2.9% before haggling over price? Would this adversely affect the quote you can get? If after getting a quote, can the quote be negatively be affected by then wanting to utilize the Honda 2.9% financing?

Thanks for input.
  • decondecon Member Posts: 56
    What's a reasonable price for EX-L with RES/DVD and NAV? Sounds like about $31000 OTD so far.

Are you guys planning on financing or paying in full? If paying in full, what's the best approach?
  • familyguy9familyguy9 Member Posts: 17
    Hi
    New here. Our 2000 Odyssey was totaled this week. RIP.
    Looking at '09 EX here in NJ.
    Got three quotes today, all before destination, taxes, tags, etc.

Dealer 1: $23,161 internet quote
    Dealer 2; $23,549 also internet quote
    Dealer 3: $24,185 face to face

I've bought cars from #3 before. I'd happily go to 1 or 2, but nervous this is going to be a bait and switch and these prices won't hold once I'm there.

Any thoughts on these prices or concerns?

Thanks.
  • oddyman400oddyman400 Member Posts: 6
    29150 addTTL EXL RES
    31150 addTTL EXL RES NAV
    I went with the EXL RES, Not sure I would ever use Nav we do alot of in town driving
    I thought it was a good price on both. Everyone has been great and I think this forum has saved me alot of money.Keep up the good work! Prices are from the Mid West.
  • ernurse1ernurse1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    I am looking at a 2009 EXL with RES and Nav. It has 5500 miles on it and was driven by the owner's daughter. They are asking a "sale" price of $31900. Is this reasonable for a "used" never titled 2009? I live in the midwest. What price should I offer them? We haven't talked trade, but I have a 2002 Ford Windstar - probably won't get much for it.
    Thanks!
  • westk1westk1 Member Posts: 9
    SL Honda offered $19?? - 20% for Costco members or AAA = $1483. I purchased then canceled when I found I could buy it directly from Honda for $1025. This is for the 7yr/80,000 mile plan D78.
  • gopalangopalan Member Posts: 6
    Hi I got following qoutes from 3 different dealers.

On Road price:
    Dealer 1 - $30,000
    Dealer 2 - $30,823
    Dealer 3 - $32,254

Can anyone comment about the quote?
  • chud2001chud2001 Member Posts: 36
    Hello familyguy9,

Hope everyone is ok and sorry about your car.

One way to avoid bait and switch is to ask for total out the door with breakdown.
    You can use those prices to further negotiate.

Depending on their inventory and business, they typically have $500 to $1000 (sometimes more) wiggle room.

Also, you should not provide additional information like car being totaled. This says you need a car and need it quick. All you should provide is name, email, phone if you don't mind them calling you.

If you go to the dealership and they try to re-neg, walk out. They are only trying to milk you. Don't compromise or accept additional fees/charges.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
  • mthomasdbmthomasdb Member Posts: 15
    Try buying at the end of the year if you can wait...on Dec. 31, 2007 I purchased a new Odyssey EX-L in Rhode Island for $24,000. It had a sticker price of 32,000. and a 2500 factory rebate. It was not a demo and it had 15 miles on the odometer. The dealer gave it to me to drive and play with for the day. In fact he drove it off the showroom floor with a dealership filled with customers! Dealers have to pay inventory tax on leftover cars after the first of the new year and they have to try to meet quotas for the current year. This greatly affects your negotiating power.
    Thanks.

While the lower quotes might seem like a no-brainer to some, my recent experience tells me otherwise.
    My friend got a quote on the internet, drove to the dealer, was kept sitting for a couple of hours, and then was told there had been a "mistake" and the car would be $750 more than he was quoted. He walked out.
    I don't have that sort of time to waste. Maybe others do.
    That was why I asked about how "real" the lower quotes seemed
  • kellyt1kellyt1 Member Posts: 1
    Cleverstar,

Thanks for the new incentive information. I was told by a local dealership that there is a new incentive so I'm currently waiting for a new quote. Two other dealers told me the incentives stayed the same as April. I don't see anything new on the Honda site. I can't find anything else on the internet regarding new incentives. I'm confused!
  • esaskyesasky Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new EXL with RES and NAV for $31490 (including dest charge) plus TTL in Ohio. I thinks the price you were quoted is too high.
  • chud2001chud2001 Member Posts: 36
    Agree. It's a balancing act between $$ and frustration.
    And if you can't make the time, chances are you will not get the "best" price.

However, if you do your homwork and stand firm at the dealership, you will do ok.
    The prices you were quoted seem like "real" prices and especailly if they give total out-the-door with breakdown.

If / when you go to the dealer, tell them to write it up per the agreement and don't give them anything that can hold you there like license, check, credit card, or your car keys. They can give you a price without it. In fact, if they offer a price ask them to fax, email (some do, some don't)

As for your friend, s/he should have walked out at the first signs of re-neg.
    Which dealership?
    You should mention dealership name so others are aware.
    It seems there are a number of NJ'ers on this forum.

This should help you avoid sitting around for hours but not making the trip. That one you'll have to figure out.
  • mkellypcmkellypc Member Posts: 3
    made a deal on an 09 touring w/o pax. Exact color we wanted (white) was on the lot. Still had all the plastic on the outside. Said it just came off the truck. 3 miles on it.price was 35,754 otd. Lakeland, FL. Purchased 5/4
    I've got the out the door prices via email from

Dealer 1 : $25,942
    Dealer 2: $26,680

Waiting on it Dealer 3. Told him he has to beat $25,942, or I'm buying it tonight elsewhere. He has until the time I leave work today to do it.

Thanks for the advice.
  • buyvan1buyvan1 Member Posts: 5
    Gopalan,

I think 30K is a decent drive out price currently for EXL+ RES. I am also in Atlanta and on the lookout for EX-L or an EX-L +RES.

Please let me know which dealer offered 30K and 30.8K on the road for an EX-L + RES.

Thanks
    Any one seen this and have any thoughts ?

When is this going to happen in reality?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/30/news/companies/cash_for_clunkers/index.htm?postv- - ersion=2009050108

"So-called cash-for-clunkers legislation introduced in January aimed to encourage the purchase of more fuel efficient cars. Consumers with old, gas guzzlers could get $1,500 to $5,000 vouchers funded by the government to use toward the purchase of new cars. "
  • rileydogrileydog Member Posts: 7
    I received a quote for an EX-L with just the RES for 29000 + TTL which comes out to $30403.52 OTD in Virginia Beach area. I need to make a decision by Saturday according to the salesman. Can anyone offer advice? The vehicle has no other options like the mud guards, floor mats, and the rest of the features dealers usually throw in but, I do get my choice of color. :confuse:
  • rileydogrileydog Member Posts: 7
    If you haven't pulled the trigger I think you can get the EXL w/ RES for $550/month on the 36mo lease and 15k miles a year. I was offered this exact deal with the RES today and I'll probably take advantage of it this week unless something drastically changes.
    OK,
    Here is how the story ended. Called Dealer 1 to verify the online quote. Got verification. Their price is very low because they have a lot of Odysseys to unload - they lost a fleet account. The were $1000 less than the next lowest price.
    Went down tonight and 30 minutes later I had the deal at the quoted price and was on my way home. No bait and switch. Very pleasant. Will pick up the car on Friday
    The dealer is Honda of Freehold in NJ.
    I spied a piece of paper on a salesman's desk, listing several Ody's (including mine) at special prices.
    Thanks again for all the advice.
  • minivanmom09minivanmom09 Member Posts: 6
    That's a great price! Can you provide the price breakdown (sales price, taxes, etc...)? I've been shopping for a Touring w/o PAX for a while now and can't seem to even get close to the prices on this forum. Thanks!
  • oddyman400oddyman400 Member Posts: 6
    Tell the Salesman all the options $300 He will not let you walk, add ons are high margin items.Very nice they will let you pick your color.Good deal is almost always on bad color.
  • mynuacctmynuacct Member Posts: 21
    Hi rileydog,
    Congratulations. Can you tell us the name of the dealer?
    Thanks
  • 12ka412ka4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi..I'm in VA bech area and shopping for the same model. Maybe if we both approach together..we can get a better deal? I was interested in EX-L W/RES or EX-L with RES and NAVI.

thanks
  • tpavantpavan Member Posts: 12
    Familyguy9

Congratulations on your new car. Would please share the OTD prices and breakdown with options.

Everyone

Any thoughts if we ever see EX below 25k? I have seen deals on this board around 26. I'm referring to OTD prices.
  • sush_sush_ Member Posts: 3
    Best offer in Indianapolis for a '09 EX-L w/ RES seems to be around 28.8K. Looking to purchase probably this weekend. Any thoughts on a dealership where I might get a better deal?
    Thanks.
    Here is the breakout on the 2009 Odyssey EX I bought on 5/6/09 at Honda of Freehold in NJ.

Base price: $23,161
    Destination: $670
    Tax: $1668
    Vehicle Admin. Fee: $195
    Registration: $42 (this was low as I used plates from the old van)
    Total OTD: $25,736

Again, this dealer had 7 or 8 Odysseys they looking to blow out starting this week.
  • jaysterjayster Member Posts: 3
    The total price was 35k out the door. Tax, doc, destination, and any other balogna fees they had added on. Jayster