Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrylser PT Cruiser Owners: Meet the Members

2»

Comments

• charlesf1charlesf1 Member Posts: 52
    I was at the PT Cruiser 2nd Annual Block Party at Pomona CA today. They had a large crowd and a huge number of PT's turned out for the event. I saw cars from many states and as far east as IL. They had two convertibles, one of which they will be giving away tonight. It was worth the time spent.
  • daverosedaverose Member Posts: 233
    Well, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since I'm only posting here for the first time and I've had my '03 Dream Cruiser since the end of June.

Having seen the '04 Dream Cruiser, and an occasional '02, I think the '03's Tangerine Pearl is the best color so far. Some of the "Aztec(?)" gold '02's make me think of mustard; others seem ok, particularly in bright sunlight. But the two-tone Navy over Silver '04 sure is a throwback, to police cars of the '20s and '30s!

I enjoy my Cruiser, except for the mileage; no better than 15 mpg, but then I only have 3000 miles on it. We'll see. Though I like the Sirius radio and subscription that came with it, I can't foresee taking the Cruiser on a long trip that a satellite radio seems best suited for. Now I think I should have tried to have that radio swapped out for one with a cassette player (and Sirius?) and added the 10 disk changer. Ah, but that's how you learn things; experience.
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    I think you will find a lot of Cruiser posts on the many PT club sites. Don't know why this forum is ignored.

My PT GT has seen a very slow increase in mpg since new. The mpg started improving at about 3k and is up about 12% to 17.5. Still not great and the small tank makes for a short range. I've seen 25 on the freeways, but 23 is the norm.

Mine came with the CD and cassette radio. Personally, I like the nav radio, though I might miss having the cassette and don't like having to install a CD changer so I could listen to a CD and use the nav at the same time.
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    I bought a base, with a stick, and I am getting between 20 and all the as high as 29.68 on one highway run. The last freeway run, with air on on the return portion, and a little bit of hills, and in town, was 26.5 or around that number. With an automatic, and all in town use the 15 MPG seems almost normal, but I would expect closer to 20 MPG. Hope it improves. Have you contacted the dealership? At around 3,ooo, some people start to improve on the MPG. I got 29.68 once and that was at around 900 miles on the car.

Loren
    & Silber my ride!
  • ptblack2002ptblack2002 Member Posts: 1
    i have had a 2002 pt for 3 years now. i love it accept for that gas milage. 17 and 23 is about the best i get, and i am a normal driver, not heavy on acceleration, or breaking. :shades:
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    You posted 17 to 23 MPG.... not good.......
    Wow, that is not good at all. Others have reported such low numbers. With the last fill-up, I made around 25MPG, and that was a mix of driving and some pretty high RPMs on shifts. No not to red line, but above the 4K RPMs on shifts. I will keep track on each fill, but so far it is 24 to as high as 29.68 on one good run. I can easily get 20 to 25 in a mix of driving, with 20 the low if mostly in town, shorted runs. I do have a stick though, so perhaps that is the difference.

I guess you could try taking out the back seats to save weight. That could save 1 MPG.... well maybe???

Loren
  • postiposti Member Posts: 1
    Greetings! I'm a new PT owner - bought a 2005 automatic sedan with 19K from the dealer for $12.5K. Wonderful car - I have been very pleased with it in the 6 weeks I've had it. Mileage started out at about 24 mpg mixed driving (I have a 15-mile commute that is mostly highway, but includes some in-town as well). About 2 weeks ago, I installed a K&N air filter - about $30 from Advance. These are high-volume filters that are reusable, so the initial cost is offset by longer life. I have used them on MGB sports cars. Anyway, my mileage is now running about 26 MPG. Not a huge jump, but again, a bit of savings in the long run. Note that this is a stock replacement filter, not the aftermarket add-on you can get on eBay.
  • pfracing68pfracing68 Member Posts: 1
    My dad is giving me a car for my High School graduation present. I have a summer only car right now and need something that is going to be reliable and will handle well in the winter. One of my options is a PT Cruiser. I came across this site and i'm hoping to get some feed back from people on their Winter driving.

*Have you had trouble with it starting?
    *Does it have good traction or will i have problems with sliding?

Those are the two main things i want to know. Anything else you could throw at me to help my decision would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Amanda
  • bret27bret27 Member Posts: 10
    Our 2003 lease is almost up and we are wondering when the 2008 model and colors will be released. Anybody have any info on this?
    Bret
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Your lease is "almost" up and you are asking about the 2008 model. Do you mean the 2007 model???
  • ptdaveptdave Member Posts: 3
    :shades: I just found this site thanks to Dale.

I have the 03 Dream and a 2007 Tangerine

my 03 dream has well over 114,000 smiles on her. a very fun car that I love to drive.

so wont you please help us save the PT

http://savethept.com/node/9
  • dodge6095dodge6095 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a new 2007 pt cruiser in the base model three months ago after driving Fords ffor forty two years. Absokutely fell in love with the pt. So much I traded my wife van for another pt cruiser except the touring edition. Get great gas mileage 22-24 in city and 28 -29 on the highway. We're both retired and love the easy entry and exit of the cruisers and you actually sit up high and can see the road from the seat without stretching your head. Nothing but good of the pt cruisers.
  • ptdaveptdave Member Posts: 3
    Congrats on being a Two PT family also. just watch out for the mod bug. once bitten your back account will be depleted. but a lot of fun doing it your way.
  • kronykrony Member Posts: 110
    Give it some time and the mileage may improve. I have an '06 5 speed manual Limited with 8200 miles and getting 24-25 in town, started at 19-21 the first few months. I did put a cold air intake on a month ago so not sure if the mileage is from it or just breaking in more.
  • chryslerinfochryslerinfo Member Posts: 6
    Calling all proud PT Cruiser owners! Whether you ride factory or modified, soft or hard top, new or old, we are looking for photos of you with your PT Cruiser to showcase in our new online PT Cruiser community.

As you well know, the community of PT Cruiser owners is quite unique and Chrysler wants to show the world just how strong of a community you really are. If this is something you would be interested in, click here to submit your photo. Be sure to include your first name, first initial of your last name, city and state, and any other information about your PT that you would like to share.

Don’t be bashful, if you love your PT and want to show it off, *click here to email your photos! (Make sure to read the fine print)

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Sean T.
    Chrysler Online Dialogue Representative
    http://www.chrysler.com
    Chrysler Information Center
    1-800-CHRYSLER / 1-800-247-9753

* By submitting your photograph(s) into the Chrysler Group, you agree that Chrysler LLC ("Sponsor"), Organic, Inc., BBDO Detroit, LLC, ("Related Entities") and assigns of each shall have, without further obligation to you, the royalty free, fully paid up, non-exclusive right to copy, publicly display, broadcast, publicly perform and use, worldwide in any online media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web at any time, subject to the availability of your photograph(s) in the group, your Flickr user name(s), portrait, picture, likeness submitted photographs and titles to the photographs (if any) as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes solely in connection with the Chrysler brand marketing materials without additional consideration, without notice, and without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
  • noah1915noah1915 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2002 PT Touring Edition when it was new. I have 54,000 miles and many,many mods. I love this car. The only thing I have had to do in the 6 years I have had it, is replace the battery and brakes. Can't beat it.
  • billh6billh6 Member Posts: 123
    Hello: I had purchased a 2001 PT and liked it so much that once I saw a 2005 turbo convertible on the lot next to my neighborhood, I bought it. Mainly because I thought the white with black top looked sharp. Unfortunately it has high mileage for being an '05. Are there any recalls or things I should know about?
    Thanks so much, Bill in Orlando
This discussion has been closed.