Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kadoonekadoone Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at the exl with navi and res. It looks like you found a good price. what dealer and salesman did you use?

Thanks
    I am looking at the exl with navi and res. It looks like you found a good price. what dealer did you use?

Thanks
    did you end up buying the exl with res and navi for 450 per month? If so let me know the dealer please and salesguy if you can i would love to get in at this price.
    Im in columbus ohio. Thanks
  • gl14534gl14534 Member Posts: 7
    After receiving no responses from my post yesterday, I have bought one EX-L/RES for $28400 plus TTL at a local dealer here in Rochester, NY. The experience was good. The salesperson was very nice and did not push anything extra.

I am not sure if this is a good price here but think someone else can use it as a guide.
  • oddyoddy Member Posts: 9
    i have a 2007 touring with 75K miles. i am looking at trading in soon. i went to the dealer thinking i would scale back to the exl res and nav.

after serious thought i came up with this (not wanting to duplicate what the other post said but..)

- parking sensors - worth it due to size - once you have had it you get spoilt - also consider where you live/park
    - spouse height difference -also the 09 has the memory mirror now as well
    - i am not keen on someone drilling holes in my new van to install sensors (i have always believed factory fit to be best)
    - do not get run flats i have them now - there is a class action against michelin/honda as i type! wear out too soon and v. expensive to change $1,400 a go!
    - sound - like i said i have a touring now and it is has great sound -

by the time you add what you want after mkt you are creeping up. the orig. navi is ultra user friendly and it is nice having it in the dash as opposed to sitting on top of it! if you can squeeze the price dwn i would suggest going with the touring without run flats.

And the fact that 9 out of 10 are buying the ex-l would suggest that the trade in of a touring will be that much higher in 2 yrs from now! this might be me feeding myself the same bull we males can somehow magically produce when we need to buy something, particularly cars!

i hope this helps

i am in ga and my dealer is having a very hard time locating specific colors.
  • medmdmdmedmdmd Member Posts: 41
    That sounds very good.
    I have not been offered anything that low yet.

Did you have to take an in stock vehicle?
    Any color choices?
  • gl14534gl14534 Member Posts: 7
    The dealer promised any color choice though I ended up taking one in stock.
  • ashu010ashu010 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide the name of the dealer? I am planning to buy on Sat. email me at ashu010@yahoo.com
  • ekmmomekmmom Member Posts: 1
    We've gotten a few different quotes and the lowest of these is $21735 with an msrp of 27025. Add in tax of 1820, tire fee/inspection/dmv of 172.50 for a total of 23727.50. how does this sound? Thank for any help/info!
  • pp_ng2pp_ng2 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a home in Virginia (not moving yet) but currently am still in Maryland. From this forum, it seems that MD has better prices for Odyssey EXL with Res/Nav. I obviously would want to pay less tax.
    Question is:

- What is the tax rate for car sales in Virginia?
    - Which tax rate will apply to me since I can use either address?

Additionally, any quotes lower than $29,580 out there in MD or VA for EX-L with Res / Nav (or $32,565 OTD)?

Thanks.
  • rizvimdrizvimd Member Posts: 6
    Can you email me the info about the dealer in the Houston area with the quote mentioned in your post.
    I am willing to drive for 5 hrs, as the local dealer just does not show interest in getting our business.
    my email address is shmr786@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance.
  • lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    Hi pp ng2,

I don't think you could use the VA residents rate yet since your driver license is still shown in MD, right?

For the $29580, do you have any trade-in or so? What's it included?
    Va auto tax: 3% in MD purchase or 3.17% in local VA purchase.
    MD auto dealers by law: has the max of $100 dealer processing fees compared to VA dealers varies from $250 to $499 dealer processing fees.

Good Luck with your purchase!

FYI, I bought my minivan in Ourisman Honda (Bethesda, MD with Richard).
  • mgdiazmgdiaz Member Posts: 6
    I just received quotes from two different dealers within a few bucks of each other. EX-L RES/NAVI for $30,864 (incl. dest) plus TTL and Touring (w/o PAX) for $33,900. That is below invoice - the $2500 manufacturer to dealer incentive. it looks like they are offering 82% of MSRP pretty easily.
  • soggadusoggadu Member Posts: 5
    For new Honda Odyssey EX-L/RES this is the quote I got from Planet Honda and another dealer in NJ.

Base: 28198.0; Dest = 670; DMV = 342.30; Doc fee = 349
    Tire disposal = 7.50; Tax ((28198.0 + 670)* 0.07) = 2020.76

Total OTD: 31,587.56

Is this good, does anyone have better quotes?
  • soggadusoggadu Member Posts: 5
    For new Honda Odyssey EX-L/RES this is the quote I got from Planet Honda and another dealer in NJ.

Base: 28198.0; Dest = 670; DMV = 342.30; Doc fee = 349
    Tire disposal = 7.50; Tax ((28198.0 + 670)* 0.07) = 2020.76

Total OTD: 31,587.56

Is this good, does anyone have better quotes?

** sorry for dup post, my other post is attached to another thread **
  • expoguide1expoguide1 Member Posts: 16
    pp_ng2 do you mind sharring which dealer this was with? I am looking to purchase this same trim in MD and have been getting quotes a few hundred above your price. thanks! siennaorodyssey @ gmail . com
  • longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    That is a good price. Can you share the dealer name? How did you get to that price? Just by email or did you have to do it face to face?
  • kcatkcat Member Posts: 3
    Goodson Honda West and Gillman Honda of Fort Bend were within $500 of each other, but Goodson offered the powertrain warranty.
  • sktxsktx Member Posts: 6
    I am in Houston looking to buy odyssey Ex-l with res & Nav or Touring w/o Pax,
    can you please send your best quotes you have received with dealership info and the salesperson info please to skalties at gmail dot com
    thanks
    SK
  • md09md09 Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking at EX-L with NAV and RES or Touring w/o PAX.

Which model did you get at Ourisman Bethesda with Richard?
    What was the breakdown?

I am currently dealing with FFX Honda. I am asking ood for Touring 35K and EX-L at 30500

Your thoughts on it?

thks a bunch
    lyao,
    Thanks for your info. I still have MD license. Maybe I can postpone my purchase and change my license to VA first - to pay less tax and proc fees.

My previous post 22821 had the quote info for EXL RES NAV
    $29,580 before any fees, and OTD price of $32,565. No trade in.

Did you negotiate for anything additional to come with your van? (appearance package, maintenance ..?) did they throw in anything?

Thanks.
    Hi pp ng2,

Give me your email instead.
    By purchasing in Bethesda, MD, you get free lifetime oil changes for your minivan.
    Thanks!
    Hi md09,

The model I bought 2009 Odyssey EXL RN (sterling grey/grey). Only 1 mile at dealership, when stepped out the dealership, only got 2 miles on it!

Tell me your OTD price (including taxes, fees, options if any) for EXL RN or Touring without PAX.
    Give me your email and I'll tell you more detail info. Thanks!
    lyao,
    My email is pp_ng at hotmail dot com
    Thanks.
    Hi pp ng2,

Forgot to mention my OTD price: ~$31880.
  • minivanmom09minivanmom09 Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

Thanks to everyone on this board for the invaluable information! I had been shopping for my new Odyssey for over a month, but had run into inventory problems here in Texas for the Touring models without PAX. I wanted a Black/Black Touring and there ended up only being 3 in the entire state with only one dealer that had one on order. I contacted (via email) dealers all over the entire state, but concentrated mostly in the DFW, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston areas.

I had a lot of difficulty negotiating to get anywhere near the prices that many of you have gotten back East, but in the end was very happy with the deal I got. Like I said it took me over a month of going back and forth with multiple dealers to find somebody that was willing to negotiate. I even considered getting a different color, but the dealers wouldn't budge on the prices and I didn't want to settle for a color that wasn't my first choice. The EXL + NAV/RES is a great vehicle as well, but the memory seats and black leather interior were a must have for us, so that only left us the Touring model.

We ended up buying from Fernandez Honda in San Antonio and had a smooth buying process. We live in Austin, so it wasn't a far drive. Before we agreed to drive down over Memorial weekend, I asked for a buyers order (signed by the manager) that stated the agreed upon sales price and the breakdown of all fees and TT&L with a total OTD price. Also got the loan application completed and faxed back to them ahead of time. Doing all of this saved us a good bit of time once we got to the dealer. Total time took us a little over an hour - not too bad!

The business manager who handled our financing actually got us a slightly better rate than the 3.9% that AHFC was offering through a local Texas credit union - 3.5%. Not a huge difference, but we saw no reason not to take advantage of it. We declined all the extra coverages including the Honda Care (their price for the 6year/80,000 was $1200), but we may still look at purchasing an extended warranty through one of the dealers online that have been mentioned in this forum...

Here's the numbers:

Sales Price = $34,700
    Sales Tax (6.25%) = $2168.75
    Inventory Tax = $76.34
    Title/Licensing/Inspection = $136.91
    Doc Fee = $50
    OTD = $37132.00

Thanks again and best of luck to those of you still searching for the best deal (especially if you are in Texas!). :)
  • md09md09 Member Posts: 2
    thks for your quick reply. my email is macduong@gmail.com
    i am asking 30500 and 35 out the door
  • chegpricechegprice Member Posts: 3
    Great deal. What is the name of the credit union that gave 3.5%?
    Thanks!
  • expoguide1expoguide1 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Lyao, if you don't mind sharing info on where you got this excellent deal you can reach me at siennaorodyssey @ gmail dot com . I also live in MD and am looking at the EXL with NAV and RES best price I have so far is ~32,800 OTD, so your price is quite a bit of savings!

thanks!
  • bornintxbornintx Member Posts: 2
    I am also a Texas shopper and VERY VERY envious of the deals being found on the East and West coasts!!!! No deals like that around here (at least that I could find at the 9 dealerships I talked to!). Also, I had a trade, so I needed to do it all as local as possible so we just shopped San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos, etc.

Final deal:

Gillman Honda on IH35 in Selma (I also spoke with Fernandez Honda and they seemed nice, honest and ready to deal, but they did not have the color I wanted).

EXL in Black, with window tint (value of tint I'm guessing was 200-ish???)

$28,600 sales price including destination
    +$50 doc fee
    +$55.16 dealer inventory tax
    +$132.55 title/licensing/inspection

I had a trade so my tax was only based on the difference between it and the new vehicle.

Short of driving to New Jersey or California, I think this is the best I could do - and I love my new van! :)
  • y2kbugme4uy2kbugme4u Member Posts: 2
    Couldn't find reasonable deals here in Vegas area. Lowest quoted price for 2009 new Honda Odyssey EX-L RES is $29700 (includes dest charge/internet price) + taxes, title, etc. I have seen as low as $28100 (Dest charge included) posted here mostly in the East Coast. One CA dealer quoted me for $29200 (Internet price). Any advise, tips etc...ius highly appreciated. :
  • minivanmom09minivanmom09 Member Posts: 6
    Security Service FCU - was the credit union that we financed through.
  • dqluudqluu Member Posts: 1
    Iyao,

Hi, I am very interested in getting the name of you sale person and dealership.
    Hopefully, I can strike the same deal.

please email me ducluu at yahoo.com

Thanks
  • mkn4mkn4 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks poster. Got the exact same deal and drove EX in slate green today.

It wasn't easy to find a dealer to match the deal. Jim Coleman; straight no - not even close. They knew immediately that I am talking about the deal posted on "edmunds". They said that was one time april deal; they cannot do it again.
    Heritage Honda - straight No.
    Norrish; they agreed for $100 more, $25349 OTD. Later on they started pulling all the BS. They adv. the service plan of 9.99 oil change for life; they wanted $150 more for that. I refused the plan and said ok, give me without plan, then they said that the color we want doesn't have mud gurad and they won't put it. We said then give different color with mud guard; then they wanted $150 more. Bottom line they wanted $150 more on the top of $100. I will never deal with them; I used to do all my service at Norris, but they didn't behave right.
    Then tried Brown - over the internet; but they refused to do any dealer exchange and I have to pick from there in stock. I didn't find the color I wanted; so I took the same rate to ODonnel - Nope. Tried another one is Bel Air - Nope....went back and got from Brown.

Thanks poster.
  • odynubyodynuby Member Posts: 7
    Picked up my Ody yesterday. Slate Green Metallic. The dealer was straight forward, non-aggressive, and spent 1.5 hours time with them. Overall I had recv'd quotes from four dealers, but could not get the same pricing as I have read on the west coast and north east. The best quote was at $29,610 (including delivery & accessory installation).

Breakdown as follows:
    Sale Price $29,610.00
    8.75% Tax $ 2,590.88
    Doc Fee $ 15.00
    Temp Tag $ 4.00
    Title/Reg. $ 212.50
    OTD Price $32,432.38

Put $5K down and with 3.9% APR, my notes are $504 for 60 months.

The other three dealers did not consider going below $29,650 + TTL and a $295 on up Customer Service Fee.

I thought this was a fair deal, even though I was told they lost money on the sale. . . yea right.
  • chegpricechegprice Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for sharing the info! I had actually called the dealership & asked them the same. They said they didn't know anything about a 3.5% rate. These forums keep those car dealers honest. Oops, can you say "car dealer" and "honest" in the same sentence? Thanks again!
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    HFS 3.9% saw on local Honda dealer today (Civic, Accord and Odyssey)

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
  • dsam2dsam2 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone

Im in the market for one of these cars. Im in the northeast (NY) and I am willing to drive to NJ NY OH DE MD or wherever else to get a good deal.

Has anyone bought one in the last few days? I would appreciate knowing what you paid for it, and if the deals are still on.

Thanks
    Dan
  • naren140471naren140471 Member Posts: 3
    Try Spreen Honda,Loma Linda, CA. You may find the deal of your interest. Thanks to the one member of this forum I bought my Odyssey EX-L at 26594 including destination + TTL. The dealer told me that I will get upto $500 check after my 1st payment.
  • cwsjmmcwsjmm Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone out there have a recommended dealer in Philly or NJ area (am willing to travel ~100 mi) for best price on these vehicles? Would you please share your price and experience? Thanks!
  • newyearnewcarnewyearnewcar Member Posts: 24
    Alright. So from my previous blogs, you could tell that we wanted a 2009 Honda Odyssey EX, but today after getting to our local dealer (Near Pittsburgh, PA), they gave us a pretty decent deal on an EX-L . We actually got a color that the parents, and an aunt really wanted (Silver) with gray leather. I'm not sure how I feel about the deal. At the dealership, they kept saying that $28,304 was their best deal, and that they wanted to make a 200 dollar profit. We sat there and negotiated for like 5 hours saying that we wanted to start with $27,000, because I saw a lot of deals like this on this website. They kept finding loop holes! It was ridiculous! They kept saying that this was a really good price. They went down to $28,400 and we went to $27,500. We almost walked out, and then another family was looking at the car we were looking at which was not the color we wanted, but was very close of Slate Green. Why do they call it Slate Green? It doesn't even look green! So they were like you have like 5 minutes to decide because that family might buy it. We offered them $28,000 as our final price and they went in to discuss it. They came back like 5 minutes later saying that the car was just sold to the other family, that was willing to pay $28.504. You all should have seen the look on dad's face! Then the sales person immediately caught himself and said that he had a few other EX-L's on his other lot and he would take us to see a 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L that he would sell for $28,000. Another benefit was that he said that if the June incentives were higher, he would give us the difference. (So like if the June incentives were $4000 and the May incentives are $2500, then he would pay us back $1500) We thought that it was a nice deal and it looked really nice and it was nice so we bought it.

MSRP $33,825
    Invoice $30,485
    May Incentives $2500
    =$28,304
    =200(dealer profit)
    =$28,000 (after negotiations)

6% Pennsylvania Sales Tax=$1680
    new license plates-201
    Final Price with no trade in=$29,811

Sorry if this is confusing. If anyone has any questions, just ask. I actually want to help people get good deals, instead of letting Honda dealers find loop holes for not getting them.
  • maggieraumaggierau Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what your credit score has to be to qualify for the 3.9% financing? We are looking to buy an Odyssey and want to know if we will qualify before walking in the door!
    Does anyone know what your credit score needs to be to qualify for the 3.9% financing?
    Maggie ... this is an old one re HFS credit score so I don't know whether any change now.

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
  • soccermomawsoccermomaw Member Posts: 1
    Purchased Honda Odyssey EXL-Res & Navi in Slate Metallic Green w/ Gray interior. Bob Rohrman, West Lafayette. John Mercer was my salesperson (awesome). The Finance Guy - pay close attention.

$30,850 (inc. destination charge, mud guards, all weather floor mats & cargo tray). Does not include TTL

Couldn't find any of the sweet deals mentioned on this forum from the east & west coasts. 3..9% financing and $2500 & 2% dealer incentives good thru 7/6.

Anticipate the prices will drop as gas prices increases and closer to 2010.
  • swampfox28swampfox28 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, fellow Louisianian!

Am I correct in assuming you got an EX-L with no RES? Or did you get the EX-L with RES for under $30,000 before TT&L?!

We're also in LA, in Acadiana,so you may have a better perspective for us in regards to what we're looking at - but I SURE would appreciate help from everyone else who wants to chime in!

Edmunds' TMV/ "what others are paying" price for the EX-L with RES we're looking at is $30,117 (which includes a regional adjustment of -$395, a color adj. (slate green) of -$140 and an + of the destination charge $670). We got an offer from a dealer for $30,485, so I was initially excited - until I got home and saw that some people posting in this forum got the EX-L + RES + NAVI for under $30K!!

HOW did you guys do that!?!?!?!?! I'd love the navi, but SO don't want to pay and extra $2K for it! I'd be very happy getting the EX-L + RES as long as we're getting the best deal we can.

I know there's a dealer incentive of $2500 which is how the EX-L drops from $32,151 invoice to $30,117, but some people are getting the NAVI for free?

To top it off, we're considering trading in our '05 EX (no leather, no dvd), but are only going to get $11,000 if we do (Edmunds says we should get $14,000 trade in; KBB says $11,900), so we're taking a hit on that, too, but are still considering it. From what I understand, w/8.5% tax, we'd pay $33,094 w/o trade-in for the EX-L + RES (INCLUDING the tax and destination, but not the title and whatever else we'd have to pay) OR $21,149 (incl. tax + destination but not title and whatever else) if we trade in the '05.

I'm usually a competant human being, I swear. But this is making me crazy - PLEASE HELP!!! I SO appreciate it!

-Sarah
    These are lowest deals reported from other site ...
    MSRP // PAID // MODEL
    27.0K // 21.3K // LX
    30.6K // 24.0K // EX
    33.7K // 27.8K // EXL
    35.4K // 28.8K // EXL, RES
    37.6K // 30.5K // EXL, RES, NAV
    41.1K // 33.9K // TOURING

Click my name to email me if you need the link due this forum does not want to post competitor's info here.
    Hi bigdadi118,

I assumed these prices only included the destination. They did not include other fees & TTL. Right?
    Right only destination charge 670 included + dealer process fee + TT&L
    Well...they told us that the credit score needs to be over 725 to get the 3.9%....that doesnt seem right...does anyone have a different experience. I feel like they are trying to make up some money from us since they accepted a low offer on the vehicle.