Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    That looks decent... What was your out of pocket?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dino11dino11 Member Posts: 32
    2876 was my out of pocket. 625 bank fee, 199 doc fee, 262.50 3 yr req'd registration in NJ, 1st month payment of 479, NJ tire tax of 7.50, balance was NJ sales tax.
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    We got a new A4 Premium today. The process has been more complex than previous purchases. We have dealt with three different Audi dealers. When the new A4 first came out, one of the dealers said that we could buy the car at MSRP and get "about" $10K trade-in on our previous A4. Today we bought the car for approx. $3K under MSRP and got a $7k trade-in; so we didn't gain much perhaps. A third dealer (yesterday) also offered us a $7k trade-in, but his price for the new car was about a thousand more. Our final price was stated as "invoice minus $800" but a regional advertising fee of $173, an Audi port processing fee of $195, and a dealer handling fee of $490 were added on, so it was really something less than $800 under, depending on how many of these fees are considered legitimate.

We also looked at the M-B C300 and the BMW 328xi. Both are nice cars; it's not a case of which is best, but which is most appropriate for your priorities. For us, the A4 has more interior space, larger trunk, better gas mileage, top notch AWD, less money, and still a quality feel. We had universal remote on our last car but never used it. We had two zone climate control but always set both zones to the same settings. These top quality cars have solutions for needs I never knew I had.
    from my experience with Audi doing several leases, the dealer handling fee of $490 you mention is bogus. The adverstizing fee of $195 and the port fee are legit. The advertising fee is a fixed fiee per car but the port fee is .5% of the MSRP on a car so it will vary for different A4s depending on how they are equipped.
  • kehongkehong Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I got an offer in Dallas for 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Ice Silver with Preminum Plus option for below. Is this a good deal?

Negotiated price (inc destination) = $35,770. Dealer tint and wheel lock thrown in.

TIA, Kenny
    I can only advise relative to my recent NJ deal. Nt car is ice silver/black, quatrro automatic. My cost was $37203 and the car included Nav and wood. The invoice prices for NAV is 2326 and wood is 373. If you back them out of the 37203 cost, the cost becomes 34,504. To this number add the value of tint and wheel locks. Also make sure you get Audi care thrown in. So, I think you can haggle some more as there is about 1200 to play with.
  • paminpamin Member Posts: 9
    i'm in NJ as well and considering the A4. you mind sharing which dealership you got the deal from?
    Thanks. Do you recall what the MSRP was?
    DCH Audi
    msrp was 41,250
  • s0l0s0l0 Member Posts: 39
    So basically you got $4k off the MSRP? Were there any other dealer prep, etc fees on top of the price you got or were they all included in the price?
  • adikaadika Member Posts: 6
    I'm planning to buy A4-2009.I'm in NJ. Can somebody tell me what would be good price and when new A4-2010 coming in dealership?
  • pandauspandaus Member Posts: 2
    my friend got a offer

north Cal.

2009 A4 2.0T prestige Model with Nav, drive select, sunshade,
    white, beige w/ wood.

the dealer offer 47700 OTD with audi care.

can anyone tell is it a good deal?

thanks
  • saga112saga112 Member Posts: 5
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 with prestige and nav. MSRP with destination - 43325, bought for 39642 + tax and fees.

This is in southern california.
    41250 MSRP - 37203 cap cost = 4,047 off of MSRP. 750 of the 4047 was for loyalty points. (I had a current A4 on lease that I was turning in.)

There were no fees on top of the price. I will be paying 479/mo for 36 month, 12k/yr lease with Audi care thrown in. At drive away, I paid NJ tax on the depreciated amount, 1st month of 479, 625 bank fee, tire tax, 199 doc fee and 262.50 for 3 yr NJ registration. dealer also paid me a check for the last 2 months paymnts on my current lease when I turned in my car early. There was 2 months to go. I continue to pay the lease until expiration with dealer's money.
    Bought mine yesterday.

2009 A4 2.0T Quattro w/ Preminum Plus.

38350 MSRP. 35500 purchase. Inc Audi care, dealer tint and wheel lock. 2.9% @ 48 months.

Looking forward to my first venture into German car driving experience.
  • pancho4pancho4 Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good deal. I am in market for same model. What dealership?
    Boardwalk Audi in Plano, Tx
  • hungster10hungster10 Member Posts: 6
    Hey all,

I've recently purchased an 2009 Audi A4 with PremiumPlus package. In general, I absolutely love my car. However, I found what I consider a minor issue and it somewhat bothers me. Wanted to know if you are experiencing the same with your Audi A4 2009.

Here's the issue: when I approach a stop sign or traffic light and stop completely (fully press on the brake pedal) then it feels fine except the feeling of being jerked a bit b/c I stop too fast. When I slow down about 98% and let the car rolls until it completely stops then I will get something I called "hiccups" (not sure if this is the best way to describe it but it similar to what you would experience when driving manual trans and your clutch and gas aren't in sync. make sense).

The issue isn't so obvious but I know it's there. It seems as if the transmision is confusing on whether it should be in d2, d1, or whatever when slowing down.

Question...any of you experience this with your 2009 Audi A4?

I am going to make a trip to my dealer but wanted to see what you guys have to say. Thanks.

Hung
    i do not have the symptoms you describe.
  • ilyakermanilyakerman Member Posts: 1
    Hello Dino11,

I am going to be leasing a the new 2009 A4. My Audi dealership is in Jersey and I wanted to use this example as a starting point for negotiations. I was hoping that you can tell me the name and any other information pertaining to where you got this lease deal.

I am also returning my Audi A4 to them and was wondering if there is anything I can get out of them for this as well.

If anybody else recently leased an Audi A4 in the North Eastern region of the United States, please post any information available on the deal you received.
    DCH Audi - Andrew
    2 months of lease payment were paid to me by check. I returned car 2 months early.

I suggest you give DCH a try.. You might also try Bell Audi but I did not do nearly as well pricewise.

For the routine service work, I take my car into a local Audi dealer - never had a problem refusing to work on my car.
  • slcbuyerslcbuyer Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

Thanks so much for posting all your comments and experiences here, it really helps a newbie like me help make up my mind better. I have been following Dino's post, and have some questions about what I should pay for my A4, prem plus, with Nav, Ibis white color.

I am in Salt Lake City, and have come to a price of 37000 for the car. Please help me out, and let me know if this is a good deal. I asked the dealer about audicare, he isint including that, no exhaust tips either, 2.9% financing for 60 months+ TTL.

Any comments?
    the car you describe is the same as what i ordered- prem plus, NAV except that it is missing the "wood" and the metallic paint (silver ice) I got. Ibis white isnot a metallic paint. So, take my capitalized cost of 37203 and subtract the cost of metallic paint ($443) and wood ($373) =36,387. The prices for metallic piant and wood ( both invoice) are from Edmunds. I got Audi care thrown in but realzie that it is only for 3 years/36miles. The 5k service is always free so i got a 15k, 25k and 35k service. If you buy the car there will be additional services thrown in with Audi care. You will have to take a guesstimate on this. Now check out for differences in dealer incentives for purchasing versus leasing. I believe the push from Audi is for folks to buy rather than lease. With leasing, they or the dealer gets the car back at the end of the lease and has to resell. Good luck!
    Thanks a lot! The dealer says that he won't go lower than 37K, so I will try to bargain with him, if not, just drop it. I am buying the car, as you said, so can I expect further price negotiations in that?
    its always a horse trade. bottom line is there another convenient audi dealer? do you really want an audi? if so, dats all there is.

as far as negotiations go, you strike a price, and that's it. And, you are miles away from me. the offer i got was in New Jersey and you are in Salt Lake UUUUUUUUtah.. The land of powder snow. Promontory Point. Thiokol - in the middle of nowhere for good reason.

Would you come to new Jersey to save a couple of hundred bucks and drive the car back? So, look for the best deal in your area and enjoy your new car.
  • diartemis6diartemis6 Member Posts: 3
    I'm about to purchase a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Tiptronic Quattro Sedan, with prem pkg, convenience pkg, audio pkg, audi navigation, blue tooth and heated front seats.

How much should I offer? I was thinking around 30k since its a 2008.
  • kinctkinct Member Posts: 59
    I did something similar back in July/August - I bought an 07, 6MT, 2.0T. I paid 30 for it, similar except no Navigation. I paid 30k. I think it had around 14 miles on the odometer (1-2 test drives). Very happy so far. I keep my cars until they no longer run, so I was not worried with the fact it was an 07.

Definitely be aggressive on the pricing. I think if you get it for 30k you are doing well (considering nav is $$$).
  • diartemis6diartemis6 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Kinct. Yea, I did all my research and the fully loaded 2008 A4 is a great buy at 30k. I just test drove it yesterday, and its awesome....but does not drive as well as the new 09. I was all set with buying the 08, but now that I know how the 2009 A4 feels, I want to purchase it. However, I won't be able to spend $40k on a fully loaded A4 2.0T quattro, I'd only get the premium plus package.

What would you guys do? 1) Get an 08 car that is fully loaded or 2) 2009 not as loaded but drives better and a little more expensive? 3) Wait a couple more months until the 09 models have more incentives?

I'll also drive this car until it no longer runs.
    Received a quote of 33825. i believe MSRP is 37875. thoughts?
    do the math. cars are going for less than invoice. look at the edmunds invoice. to this number add about $400 for port fee=1/2% of msrp and advertising (195). Right now there is a 750 cash back program if you lease and 1500 cash back if you buy. So if the price now is normally around invoice, you should be 750 or 1500 below that.
    The cash back is only for the current Audi owners, correct?
  • laurieylauriey Member Posts: 1
    DCH was the worst dealership I've even gone to. I was totally ignored by salepeople, insulted("bring your husband back when you're ready to buy"), handed the keys and a license plate and told to go test drive(no info about the car).

I bought an A4 Premium plus from Flemington Audi, who were great to deal with.
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    I can imagine how angry you were ("bring your husband"). Like waving a red flag. I can still remember when I bought a car by myself at age 22; one dealership wanted to know if my parents were co-signing. Didn't take me seriously. I was just out of the service after two tours in Vietnam. Didn't like being treated like a kid; didn't go back there; and paid cash at another dealership.

Great car, isn't it.
  • newa4guynewa4guy Member Posts: 1
    I've had my new A4 two weeks and I thought the brakes just needed breaking (no pun intended) in. It's driving me crazin. I attempt a gentle stop and the car jerks. It happens when it goes from D2 to D1.

I haven't contacted the dealer about it yet because I'm guessing that's it just an attribute to the transmission.

Will you let me know what you hear?

Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone with this situation.
    Ended up getting mine yesterday for 33,500. Very happy with the car and the price.
    Hi Pamin,

what package did you get with your car for $33500?
    Just the premium plus, no other packages. I got them to throw in the all weather mats as well.
    That's a great deal, could you tell me where you brought it from? I am in Salt lake city, but the dealers here are horrible, to the point where they call their customers cheap if one tries to negotiate with them.
    jack daniels motors in fair lawn, nj
  • viper581viper581 Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys,

I`m thinking about buying an 2006 A4 2.0t w/ heated front seats, sunroof package & premium package. Car has about 36k and the factory warranty is good good till 07/10 or 50K and the CPO is good till 07/12 or 100K

The dealership was asking about $21K for the car, they only had it for 2 weeks according to CarFax
    I`m paying about $18,600 +TTL - 60 months @ 3.9%

Let me know if you think this is a good deal

If all goes well, I hope to be getting the car next Mon.
  • blueyeboi82blueyeboi82 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased the 2009 A4 2.0 T Premium with the sport package, however, due to extenuating circumstances I am looking to sell it. The dealer wants to only offer me $29k for a car that is over $35k with only 571 miles...

I am thinking of selling it privately. Any sites that you would suggest to use for the sale other than Craig List where I can negotiate a sale price?
    If the MSRP is $35k one can buy it for $32k. If one can buy a new one for $32k, I don't think you will get much more than $29k from a private party either. How much were you expecting to get?
  • devoteedevotee Member Posts: 2
    Hi pamin, is your price the OTD price? Does this include tax? And do you have the wooden trim or Nav with it? Thanks
  • devoteedevotee Member Posts: 2
    Hi kehong, is this price including tax, thanks?
  • puckmankpuckmank Member Posts: 1
    I just got word from an Audi dealer in Houston that there is a tax incentive for the next three days. Instead of 6.5% sales tax they've dropped the tax rate to 1.5%. Its a substantial savings.
  • j55555j55555 Member Posts: 5
    see a 08 Audi A4 with 33 miles on it , MSRP is 39 k and the dealer said would
    let it go for 34 k. Is it worth it ? Another one 08 Audi A4 has 650 miles on it, a littel more packages, MSRP 42k and the dealer would let it go at 35 k.
    Which one should I pull the trigger ? A little worried about the 650 miles on it.
    what's the invoice on the 08? The 09s are going for less than invoice. the 08 is obviously a year old and is used even with 650 miles on it. At two year old, the car is 1/2 of the invoice. Does not sound like a good deal to me as the difference between invoice and list is over 3 grand. So, you are saving less than 2k and the car is a year old. the 08 is much smaller than 09 too.

Both sounds like horrible deals to me. You can get a used 2009 for < $30k.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Last summer, my local dealer had an '08 A4 demo... CPO warranty.. 8K miles.. asking $29,999...

8 months later, you should definitely be under $30K, even if it has zero miles..

It's no wonder they still have it, with prices like that... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator