Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tildeslashtildeslash Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy either LX, EX or EX-L but I am looking for people to send me a copy of their order so I can use it to get the same deal. Please eMail me at pulkit@yahoo.com

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
  • bostondude001bostondude001 Member Posts: 20
    Hi, I am in the Market for an Odyssey. can you share your details/research/quotes with me. Appreciate your help. You can email me at : try_nwspeak@yahoo.com

Thanks
  • morrisonmuzkmorrisonmuzk Member Posts: 5
    Interesting on this really. My 'official' sale price on my car is $37,000 & change. It's listed that I actually received over $9000 on my trade in.

So, I really don't know how much the car cost me. My trade in kinda threw a lot of things off and I can't tell. Just happy that my bottom line price is what it was.
  • sk2009sk2009 Member Posts: 8
    Wow!! you got a great deal. Could you please send me the dealer name and can you brerak down the price. shdeals@gmail.com

Thanks in advance..
    WHOOPS...

After re-reading my notes, I must have been tired when I typed out my pricing. I apologize for any confusion...it was very unintended. Here's the real numbers I was quoted.

Including my trade, I was quoted the following pricing (I was off by a mere $2000 in my previous entry):
    EXL with RES: $26410
    EXL with RES & NAV: $28600

Figuring my car in at the mid point on trade in offers (low was $1400, high was $3000, mid point was $2200), my best guess for the Odyssey's real price is:
    EXL with RES: $28610
    EXL with RES & NAV: $30800

I did have several offers all within a few $$$ of each other and I did get the Honda Care for the price I previously listed.

Again, sorry for throwing off all you bargain hunters...I know if I had read that a few days ago, it would have sent me into a frenzy!!!

Good luck to all with your search.
  • medmdmdmedmdmd Member Posts: 41
    I'd be impressed if the dealer went much below his offer for that model but let us know how low do he go.
    Agreed, a fair price.
    Has anyone used their Warehouse membership like Costco or Sam's Club Auto program to purchase an Ody?
  • mynuacctmynuacct Member Posts: 21
    Lyao's price is with VA Tag (3% tax) while your is probably with MD tag (6% tax). The tax difference (6% -3% = 3%) on $30k ~ $900.
  • lyaolyao Member Posts: 71
    Hi morrisonmuzk,

Congrats!
    Is this the OTD prices for EXL with RES/NAV?
    If it is the OTD prices then, it's a great deal for $28600.
    What's the TTL fees?
    But with trade-in, you always can get a better deal though!
    Thanks!
  • jamilstlouisjamilstlouis Member Posts: 5
    Here is my contribution:

Just closed a deal for a 2009 Odyssey Touring without Pax for $33750 +TTL. Color: silver/grey with 4miles on it. I got quotes from several dealers and this is the lowest. One of them refused to give a quote on line. Asked the other ones to match or beat but none could go lower than this. So we went with this one. Will pick up vehicle Friday.

What do you think about this price. It sees to be the best around here.
  • technoztechnoz Member Posts: 34
    I just got a quote for Touring NO pax of $32,740 +TTL includes 1 accessory..Seems like prices are coming down..I want to trade in my 08 ody ex-l with 18K miles was in a front end collision with it and is listed in carfax..Anybody know the best was to trade in and get the most out of it? Thanks!
    which dealer gave you that quote? It's not a demo one, is it? I had a hard time getting any one to go down below 33750. It was just a few days ago.
    No demo O'hare honda in Des Plaines IL.
    OIC. That is cheaper in St Louis then. Do you live in the MO or IL side? The reason I didn't go across the river b/c it looks like you have to pay sale tax twice.
    Im on the Illinois side..
  • evarunuvuevarunuvu Member Posts: 1
    Congrats. Great Deal Boss. Who is the Salesmen for Ohare Auto Group. I am also in the same line to buy Odyssey Touring from Ohare. Could you please forward your quote to me. I will use your reference for my Odyssey Touring. My Email Id: evarunuvu@yahoo.com

Thanks.
    Appreciate your Help.
  • apatel2apatel2 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I was wondering if you can email me the quote as well. I'm looking for an EX-L with Nav and RES. No one has come below $29,999. patelanupam at gmail dot com.

Thanks.
    That 28600 was my OTD price for the EX-L & RES & NAV, included dealer admin fee and splash guards.

Haven't gone to get/pay the taxes/titles yet. Waiting on info from Honda, as I financed with them, but our tax here is 7.5%, so it won't be pretty.
  • vee927vee927 Member Posts: 11
    dude that is a great price
    let me know when you get the car whats the final # is
    my out the door price was 32,700 with NJ 7% tax

Congrats if you get this price
  • olaholah Member Posts: 3
    date Wed, June 10th
    2009 EXL & RES --> 27,700
    5% tax --> 1,385
    doc fee --> 298
    reg --> 100

OTD $29,483
  • m_em_e Member Posts: 4
    Great price - was this Boch Honda? No trade involved? I assume adding the Nav would be just under $30k.
  • crawdaddy10crawdaddy10 Member Posts: 9
    Great price Olah! Where did you get it at? What colors?
  • gobbledeegookgobbledeegook Member Posts: 7
    For an EX-L Res & Nav, $27,700 plus TTL is roughly $1,000 better than the best deals I've been seeing till now.

Wondering if maybe Honda has upped the hidden cash incentive to dealers from $2,500 to $3,500?

olah, could you mention anything about the process you went through to get that price in the middle of the month? did you negotiate via email first?

thanks & good for you!
    The dealer is on the Norword auto mile and they still have many 2009 odysseys on their lots in all colors.
    I started following this forum about 1 month ago.
    I used edmunds "get dealer quotes" as a starting point with about 6-8 dealers, about a week ago.
    The lowest price I recieved by email was 28.8K, everything else was by phone. I was happy with one dealers price and planned on going down, after the weekend to close the deal. I was waiting for the money that I was moving around to clear. I called the rest of the dealers as a courtesy call about my plans. The above dealer called over the weekend with 27.7K price, I quickly put down a deposit on my credit card. I suspect?? Honda must have some other dealer incentives for large volume dealers to clear out the 2009 inventory. This deal wasn't about my negotiating skills, it was about 2 dealers interesting in moving product. I suspect others, in this area, should be getting similar prices over the near future?? I had no trade-in and it was a cash deal.
  • ssanjussanju Member Posts: 24
    I am in WI - got a quote for 28,000 for 2009 Honda odyssey EX-L with DVD. it is all on phone. I am sure if i go there I may get for 27.5K or 27.7.

( In fact - Dealer called me and asked me for an appointment)

Definteily you had good deal.
    I don't think the $27.7 included NAV, just RES
  • gollsgolls Member Posts: 21
    I have been following this forum for a couple of days. sder1 recently posted a price paid of roughly $30800 at a Palo Alto dealership for an EX-L+NAV/RES. I am in the market for the same trim, and contacted several dealers yesterday. The best quote I have gotten via email is roughly $31400. I am wondering what I should keep my target price as. Looking at the most recent posts, people are getting EX/L+RES (no NAV) for as low as $27.7k, which means, with NAV, it should still be under $30k. Any suggestions on what price I should target and how to go about the negotiations? Thanks!
  • gobbledeegookgobbledeegook Member Posts: 7
    You're right! Apologies for the typos -- understand it was for Res but not Nav. Still, $27,700 is an awesome price compared to most others on here.

Thanks for pointing that out
    I would say 29.3 to 29.7 may be good price looking at current scenarios..
  • tdestintdestin Member Posts: 1
    I saw an earlier post for OTD EX-L with RES & NAV for $28,600.
  • ldissaldissa Member Posts: 7
    could you give me the name of the dealer, I am in CT , and the best I could get is 28451 plus 299 Fees + tax (6%)
    Try Boch Honda, Norword
    What about their service, because their rating on the web is no good.
    The $28.6k OTD figure for EX-L with RES+NAV is based on math which involves several variables. There was a trade-in involved and the poster added the average expected trade-in value to the price they paid to arrive at the $28.6k figure. Given the other prices paid for EX-L RES+NAV recently, $28.6k OTD sounds too good to be true. What if the trade-in was actually valued at the high-end of the expected range, making the OTD price more like ~30k?
    Ola, could you please email me you quote of 27700 to my email: ldissa@hotmail.com

I just finished talking with one salesman from Boch Honda, the quote for EX-L RES is 27998 plus 298 doc fees,,
    I just got a quote for EX-L RES NAV for 29998
    You should try ti bring 29.5 or to 29.7 for EX-L DVD and Nav. Good luck!!!

I am going for On Tuesday - hopefullly may come down for few more hunderds...
  • sashesashe Member Posts: 6
    If you have any quotes in this range could you please forward to sashemailid at yahoo com The best so far I have in the south bay is 30590 + dest + tax + doc($55)
  • apatel2apatel2 Member Posts: 9
    I was wondering what you guys think of $29840 + TTL for the van. So fat this is the best I've been able to get.

Thanks.
  • sienazsienaz Member Posts: 2
    for example, $7,000 below the MSRP for EX-L or EX-L NAV/RES?
    could you please share the name of the dealer?
    Thanks.
    Bets price appears to be $26500 EXL, $27,700 w RES and about $29,500 with RES/NAV in the Boston area. Will know more tomorrow.
    11+% under MSRP is a good target in North East Metro area dealers (maybe not as low in NY).
  • joshmajoshma Member Posts: 1
    could you please share which dealer gives this quote? I got two quotes are all above this. One is 30996, the other is 31798.
  • car_shopper2car_shopper2 Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to Thank everyone for their advice on this forum, it was very helpful in trying to negotiate prices. We purchased our 2009 EX-L w/ RES slate green metallic with olive interior for $31,842 OTD (8.5% sales tax in LA).
    We drove an hour away for what we found to be the best deal around our home in Baton Rouge, LA. It seems that there are better deals in other areas of the U.S. but this was the best for here.
    We also traded in our 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD and took a loss only getting $8,700..but with the current state of Chrysler we expected it.
    In the end it was $23,142.60 after trade in.
    We needed more room or we wouldn't have taken the loss, but I have to say I LOVE my Odyssey and until the kids are grown, this will be the vehicle we will continue to purchase.
    Good luck to everyone with your purchases and enjoy your new van! :)
  • chereyachereya Member Posts: 11
    Ssanju, would you mind posting which dealer in WI you got that quote for EX-L RES? I am in Madison... still shopping around but not planning to buy till July.
  • specialk63specialk63 Member Posts: 6
    hi I just purchased my 2009 EXL RES & NAV in west suburbs of Chicago for 29,999 + TTL; I took the hondacare ext warrantee for 1850 to 7 yr 70k; refund to me if I don't have any claim in that time (yr 4-7)... is that a good price? do dealers vary on this price?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    hondacare ext warrantee for 1850 to 7 yr 70k

it can be much cheaper purchase online. I would cancel it and buy online. I heard the 8yr/100k is around $1,200, only 2 states (FL, CA) they don't sell.
    I just got a new quote of $29500 + $670 destination + fees for 2009 EX-L+RES/NAV. I am thinking of going ahead with this. What do you guys think?
    Idissa, does $29998 for EX-L NAV+RES include the destination charge ($670 in the bay area)?