Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• robsibisrobsibis Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an A4 Avant from Charlotte. I received $3500 for trading in my 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport when the Cash for Clunkers got suspended. A4 Avant had premium plus package and I got it for $34660 plus Taxes, fees, etc. Total out the door was $35500 which is what TMV is plus I got about $1500 more for the trade in than the value stated in KBB. The salesman said they lost $1000 on deal though I am very leary of that. Thoughts?
  • kewukewu Member Posts: 1
    Car is black on black without Audi Drive select and not sure about exhaust tips. After relatively little haggling, dealer offered $38,700 w/ Audi Care and floor mats(wasn't sure if they come free or not). They also matched my price on a trade. What do you guys think? Brooklyn dealership, btw.
  • bbcc26bbcc26 Member Posts: 7
    hi, im looking for an A4 just like what you've purchase in SoCal as well, could you tell me which dealership was it that your purchase from?

thanks
  • 4ringmaster4ringmaster Member Posts: 1
    Hung, did you find an answer to this? Got the same problem on a new A4. Drove one with 10k miles to copare, but that car had no issues. Did dealer give you an answer?
  • peterpan3peterpan3 Member Posts: 7
    I am considering to buy a 2009 A4.
    Can I have both a 1.9% APR special financing and a $2500 marketing support?
    just got a A4 prem+ without Nav for $31K with marketing money.
    only one of the two, not both.
  • deadsixdeadsix Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting quoted a price of $36,493 for a 2009 A4 Avant Silver Prem+ with Nav. Good Price?
  • anillillyanillilly Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my new A4 Cab. I purchased from Classic Audi in Eastchester, NY. Check out my post in the dealership review section. They were great. I got mine for $35k, w/convenience & special edition package. Other dealers couldn't even come close. Experience with the dealer was outstanding. Check them out or give them a call. Ask for Angel Rosario (my salesperson).

I'm loving it right now.
  • dave12345dave12345 Member Posts: 1
    I read a bunch of posts from this forum before buying my Audi and wanted to contribute with the deal I got so others can take note. Audi had a special offer on A4 2.0 FWD cabs. The offer expired on August 3rd I believe. The car includes S line exterior package, Audi symphony radio upgrade, park assist and the convenience package. $499/month lease for 36 months with nothing down. I rolled tax and title and Audi Care into it and have a monthly payment of $562.

I bought it at Tischer Audi in Silver Spring, Maryland. Tom Shweiss was the salesman and he was awesome. No BS, great experience. If you are buying an Audi in the DC metro area I highly suggest that you call Tom.
  • radioative2006radioative2006 Member Posts: 15
    finally, I pulled the trigger
    A4 quattro with premium Plus package with audi care for 31000+TTL
    this car had 450 miles on it so was able to bargain little bit
  • iloveaudiiloveaudi Member Posts: 1
    2009 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus Package

$37,525 MSRP,

Dealer offer: $33,823 (after company discount and a $1500 off, he didn't say the $1500 was the Audi Loyalty discount though, so I have no idea where that came from. He just said it's a special deal from us to you)

Is this a good deal? I know that there is also a $2500 for marketing support, which will take it down to $31,323. But I haven't ask yet.

Do you think $31,323 is a good deal? I think it is. What if they won't accept the marketing support discount, is $33,823 a good deal? The car has around 100 miles on it from all the test driving.

Also, did anyone have any success on getting the 1.9% APR for 36 months with the marketing support?

Please give me your feedback ASAP. Thanks in advance!
  • peachtree103peachtree103 Member Posts: 182
    I'm looking at using a Cash For Clunkers Rebate on an 08 Audi A4 2.0. Local dealer in Atlanta appears to have 10 or so left.

Before I contact them, does anyone know what the final incentives were on these? I know that the 2010's are out, and there's $2K or $2,500 on 09's. With it being an old body style, I'll be expecting a decent spread between the 09 prices here and delivery price for an 08. With an extra $1K Audi is now throwing in for CARS deals, I think the $5,500 trade credit will make for a good drive out.

But, would like to be armed with any knowledge of marketing allowances that are available or were already paid to dealers on remaining 08 inventory.

Any/All help appreciated.
  • blurglideblurglide Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. My local dealer has a "lot queen" new 09 A4 Avant with 250 miles on it. It's black with 18" sport package, heated seats, and music interface...pretty basic.

MSRP is about $38k, Invoice is about $35, and TMV is about $34k. He's offering it for invoice, minus incentives. That's the $2500 factory to dealer rebate, and the +$1000 clunker trade in rebate for $31596.

Problems: this'll be our ski car, and we'll need some all-season tires ASAP. +$1050. It's also black. It's hot in the summer here, and black is hard to take care of. 250 miles is a lot of test drive miles. Those tend to be hard, so it may not get a good "break in". I'm also a bit concerned with long-term reliability.

So...what'cha all think? Good deal? Any ideas on how to get him down even further? I asked for a tire swap, but no dice. Invoice minus incentives they probably aren't making anything, but it'll be a model year old next month, is an undesirable color here, and it's been on the lot forever. How can I get an even better deal? Initially, we set a $30k limit, but this is such a good deal we're reconsidering.
  • newtousednewtoused Member Posts: 2
    Hi!

I'm new to this forum and buying used cars. Thinking of buying a 2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro w/ 76,300 miles for $11,900 from a private seller. It has a complete sport package and only 1 owner who has all the maintenance on paper. It's pretty much immaculate and rides well.

Is that too many miles to even considering the purchase or is it a good deal? Should Itry to talk them down to like say...$10.5 or $11? I also can pay cash in full.

Thoughts? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
    THANKS!!! :)
  • purplenurplepurplenurple Member Posts: 1
    Blurglide, I would jump on that deal, getting a 38k car for 31k is a steal. Especially considering it's a new A4. I wouldn't worry too much about the test drive miles because they recommend driving at varied speeds to break in the engine anyways. I think you could get some nice tires for a lot less than 1k as well. :)
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    a couple of weeks ago i posted about my lease deal (A4 36mo/12k for $425/month with $1150 out of pocket) and a lot of people have contacted me about the leasing company i use.

i gave a bunch of you the info but i wanted to let you know that i was in touch with my guy today and he told me that the leasing program has now changed and the same car i got is now about $60/month more. apparently i got lucky with the timing. you can still contact him and they do a pretty good job but he can't get you my same deal.
  • newbuyer15newbuyer15 Member Posts: 3
    I am buying an A4 in Chicagoland. My suburb is Tinley Park, IL but I'll go anywhere for good pricing.

Want to join forces and buy together to leverage our discount power? I test drove tonight and I am looking to buy within a week.

Any advice on pricing?

I'm looking for an 2004 A4 Quattro/Manual 4-Speed/Sport Package/No-Nav
    Rabooty,

How did it go? If you haven't purchased yet, want to buy at the same time to increase our leverage?

David
  • elle13elle13 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2009 A4 and was told I would receive the $2,500 marketing support money off of the price of the car with a loyalty rebate (have another Audi) and the car was being priced at "invoice"... I was also trading in a cash for clunker... Upon meeting with the business guy, he said Audi was kicking in an extra $1,000 with the clunker program, so my marketing support was then reduced to $1,500 (rebates stayed the same). This seemed very shady to me. Audi had announced the extra $1,000 that morning, so I didn't know. Is this usual practice? Can the dealer "promise" you (signed document) the support money and then exchange it?
  • bayman48bayman48 Member Posts: 27
    If i am offered 8k off of msrp should i jump on it?
    OOPS!

The original post should have said, 2010 A4/Premium Package
  • rrdayrrday Member Posts: 1
    Very excited, I just purchased my first Audi this past Saturday and I love it!! Here are the specs:

California Dealership
    A4 2.0T FWD
    Color- Brilliant on Black
    Extras- Bluetooth, Audi iPod Interface, Heated Seats, Chrome exhaust tips
    MSRP: $33,165
    Invoice:$31,205

Price Paid (before audi CFC incentive & CFC after $2k mktng support): $28,900
    CFC: $4,500
    Audi Incentive: $1,000
    Net Price after CFC and audi CFC incentive (before ttl): $23,400
    Total Price out the door (after ttl): Just under $27,000
  • sshvhsshvh Member Posts: 13
    Assuming you are not availing C4C, that sounds like a great deal - please advise what model you are buying.
  • dltldltl Member Posts: 5
    Do you mind sharing what CA dealership?
    I did not use cash for clunkers, it was a for a 3.2 model, premium plus,navi, and 18inch sport package. MSRP was 45560 and i got it for 36700...almost 9k off of msrp, although since i got free all-weather mats...that is right about 9k
  • khoonkhoon Member Posts: 85
    Purchased my first A4 on Monday from Town Motors, Englewood, NJ
    MSRP: 41,500 Includes: Prem Plus package + Metallic Paint
    Invoice: 37,807
    Net: $30,807 (Includes Audi rebates and C4C)
    Inclusive of taxes + Registration, etc.: 33,500 - out of the door

Salesman was Eddie - great kid, indeed a very pleasant buying experience!

I could use some help from the forum on the following:

1) Does it make sense to purchase the Audi maintenance plan which covers scheduled maintenance services up to 50,000 miles for $740?

2) Can somebody provide a good online source for Audi accessories? I'm particularly interested in chrome exhaust tips

3) I've noticed most A4s have a single exhaust - my A4 Quattro has dual exhaust (one on either side of the car) is this standard for the Avants?
  • bujimobujimo Member Posts: 2
    bought an 3.2 premium plus for $29995 + TTL at N. Cal dealer, that's $10.8k off MSRP, very happy with the car so far.
    did you get this from stevens creek audi, with that internet special they were running? seemed like they only had one available because the next day the special was gone, i suppose you were the lucky one. What options did you get?
  • bear_4_lifebear_4_life Member Posts: 17
    bayman48 - FYI, if you check their website, SC Audi is having another "Garage Sale" this week from the 21st thru the 23rd.

These guys had one back in May and were more explicit about what kinds of incentives they were offering including things like:

**Loyalty rebate for existing Audi owners / leaseholders
    **Conquest rebates for other premium car owners
    **Low APR financing (I got 1.9% for 36 months)
    **AFS paying the first payments (I got them to eat the first two payments)

I actually ended up using these guys to start pricing out my car+incentives and finally purchased an A4 Avant at Oakland Audi after working 2-3 different dealers including SC Audi. Keep your eyes peeled.
  • bujimobujimo Member Posts: 2
    yes, that's where i bought from, i think they have 3 to start with and are all gone that day. that's the standard 3.2 which has all the things in a premium plus package of a 2.0T
  • mliangmliang Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for 3.2 too.
    I would appreciate if you could tell me your deal in detail. I knew there is 2000 incentive and 3000 market support. what is the invoice for your car.
    If a car invoce is 38397, how much should I pay before tax and title and fees?
    Thanks for your help.
  • limbusoutdoorlimbusoutdoor Member Posts: 1
    iloveaudi,

Sounds like a good deal.

I just picked up A4 2.0T Premium Plus package @ $34,300. I had no luck with combining the 1.9% with MM either.

Go for it!
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    What is the residual and MF on a 2010 @12k for 36 months?

Anyone purchase a 2010? I'm being offered 2010 Premium Plus with navigation and Brilliant Black for $39,375.. MSRP is $40,375..

That's only $1,000 off.. Anyone get anything better?

Thanks..
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    you should be able to negotiate $800-$1000 over invoice and that includes part of the "administrative fee". Negotiate $ over invoice...not discount.....and I'm sure you're a savy enough buyer to ignore the "additional" sticker items that some dealers add on....special protection packages, special wheels, mats, stripes. If they say "they all have them"...tell them to call you when they find one without all that profit packing.

I would try to negotiate another $500 off, based on the invoice price.
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    Thanks!
  • cjsuncjsun Member Posts: 3
    2010 A4 2.0T Quattro Premium
    Heated Front Seat
    Bluetooth, Homelink.
    Audi Music Interface & IPOD
    Deep Sea Blue

MSRP 35,475
    Invoice 33,376 + 475 (Color Adjustment) = 33,851

Got price from dealer: 33,000 + TTL

I'm contributing the info to board, hope it helps other buyers.
    I am eager to hear your comments on this deal.
    Am I paying too much... ? or it's a fair deal ?
    Appreciate your comments !!!

(All 2009 models are gone, so have to go to 2010 model.)
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Has anyone actually seen a 2010 Audi A4 with the premium plus package (new tail lights)? My dealer has the premium and the avant premium....says they haven't received any premium plus cars yet.
  • 2getmoving2getmoving Member Posts: 3
    What is your experience of this car? I'm in the market for a new car, I have heard from a dealer once that with Quattro Turbo 6A, the car needs to be brought to dealer after the first 1k for service, any truth to that?

I'm thinking of one with the following options,
    WPT Prestige
    5MG Dark Walnut Wood Trim
    4X4 Rear Side Airbags
    WL3 Wheel Lock Kit

The invoice showing $40,889, the MSRP is $43,905; I'm curious what everyone would recommend I should offer to the dealer, should I offer a figure like $42,500 including taxes and fees?
  • newcarbuyer12newcarbuyer12 Member Posts: 13
    I bought my 2010 p+ last week. Haven't seen any others on the road though.
    I just spoke to one the sale guy in MD, they have the followings:

1) Deep Blue on Grey with upgrade sound system, nav and Premium Plus ==> MSRP $42,100

2) Black on Black with nav and Premium Plus ==> MSRP $40,375

3) Dark Grey on Black with Prestige Package ==> MSRP 44K

What do you all think I should offer for anyone of these cars?
    How do you like the car so far?
  • newcarbuyer12newcarbuyer12 Member Posts: 13
    So far I love it. It's a smooth ride, handles great, and has very good pick-up. Seats seem to be very comfortable, but my longest ride so far has been a little over an hour.

I got the nav package and have been slowly learning how to work all the functions of the 3G MMI. The car does so much more than any car I've driven (granted that's not a huge sample, but...). I definitely like having the controls down by the shifter better than on the dash board. It's so much easier to use. I'm also a big fan of the voice recognition. Bluetooth is very nice also since I usually drive alone. Being a manual transmission, never having to touch my phone to make/receive a call is a huge help.
  • aquitanaaquitana Member Posts: 3
    Pricing out a 2010 A4 premium plus, the TMV always seems to be equal to the MSRP regardless of configuration.

There's no way that's right. Is this just because there's not enough data yet? Obviously I'm not going to take that to the dealer.
  • anithaanitha Member Posts: 15
    TMV is based on the average price paid by the other customers in that area. There might not enough data points for 2010 models to generate real TMV. That is probably the reason why you are getting TMV=MSRP.
  • anithaanitha Member Posts: 15
    OOops..I missed the "lack of data" in your post.
  • cb77cb77 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. After reading this board and other Audi forums for the last couple weeks I was able to secure a 2009 A4 Quattro Premium this weekend. Here are the details
    2009 A4 Quattro Premium with auto trans
    Quartz Gray Metallic
    Heated Seats
    Homelink
    Not a current Audi owner, no trade or C4C involved
    Bottom line was $30,800 before ttl. That's $1800 under invoice and right on TMV

I got the same price range from 3 different dealers with a couple others being higher. I got my quotes over the phone to narrow down who I wanted to work with.

I also got mid 4% for 60 months.

I know there's not much time left for the current promotions but hope this helps someone. Also, there aren't many 09's left anywhere.
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    I just bought my A4 Premium Plus on Saturday. The sticker was over $38K as it included the chrome exhaust tips and all-season mats (will be nice in the winter here). I paid $33,150 and also got free window tinting as well. I came in approved for 3.99% up to 60 months from the Pentagon Federal Credit Union ($15 to join for anyone) and the dealership ended up getting Chase to give me 3.74 so I went with them...

The dealership has 2 more (black and not sure about the other color) of the exact same care. They are also selling their 2009 loaners (less than 8K miles) for $30K. I have never been happy/not disgusted with a salesperson before but I have to admit this guy was great! Next time I go to buy, I will be driving to see him first!

Let me know if anyone is interested in finding this dealership/salesman in the midwest.
  • vincentlinvincentlin Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me where you found the 2000 incentive and 3000 market support numbers? I was only able to find 1000 incentive and 2500 market support via edmunds.
  • samuel17samuel17 Member Posts: 9
    Any comments on whether this is a good offer?

2010 A4 2.0 Premium
    White with beige leather
    Heated seats
    Ipod
    Blue tooth and homelink
    Wood trim

MSRP $36,225
    Selling price $32,702
    Lease at $458 a month for 36 months with $1818.92 out of pocket(includes 1st mo.)
    12k miles per year
    Money Factor .00160
    Residual 56%

Thanks for any comments....this stuff is not my strong point :>)