Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thesportsman15thesportsman15 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick response first of all. Second, I know people who have both cars and I have driven them both and done extensive research on both cars. Basically the Infiniti had better performance than the Audi but the Audi still performed good enough. Second, I love the look of the Audi. It looks far superior than the Infiniti on the exterior and interior; it also has better gas mileage, more space, better sound system, blind spot warning, and Manual transmission which I prefer over Automatic (but I still like Automatic a lot). Meanwhile, I still like the looks of the Infiniti, and its interior is also nice. It also has Adaptive Cruise Control, a sliding sunroof, and scratch shield paint which keeps the car looking nice. Basically, both cars have their own pros which make them great buys. My biggest concern about the cars is reliability. Everyone says Audi has bad reliability and there are stories of the car constantly breaking down, but a lot of other people say just keep up with maintenance and everything will be fine. I'm not concerned with my engine breaking down as much as I am with little things like wipers not working properly or making weird sounds, rattling noises, lights not turning on, car locks not working, and things like that. I don't want to keep bringing my car to the dealership with minor problems; also, I don't want to keep paying for these minor problems, so a good Warranty coverage I also am concerned about. So basically I have done my research and I like each car equally. I just want to understand if the online prices are accurate, if they're negotiable, and any reliability/warranty experiences people have had.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Saw a lady at the hockey game last night with an 06 A6. Asked her if she had any issues with problems. She asked me why I asked and I told her they had a reputation for problems. She said hers was trouble free. I would figure that 10% off a 2010 would be about what you would want. Don't know if its possible -- might try end of the month. If you like the Audi get the Audi. Wouldn't keep it past the warranty -- just me. If you can find a late 09 low mile cpo you get an extra 2 years on top of the remaining factory warranty. May even be a 2010 around. Good luck.
  • thesportsman15thesportsman15 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot you're being a huge help! If you don't mind me asking some more, I am wondering what you think of how different would it be for getting a 2011 Audi A4 when it comes out in August/September. Basically I can extend my lease on my Lexus for 6 months or so because they are giving me a good deal for that. I don't want a 2009 Audi A4, so either 2010 A4 or 2011 A4. That way, the 2010 Infiniti which came out a month ago might be easier to negotiate then, and so would a 2010 Audi A4. I spoke to an Audi representative over the phone about whether there would be any major changes for the A4, he said he thinks pretty much no changes will be made. If there are some changes I want for 2011 (but if they release a TDI I won't get it) then would it be hard to negotiate prices? If there are really no changes, would getting a 2010 A4 be much easier? But since I will most likely have to order an A4 from the plant, would getting a specially ordered 2010 A4 in August/September be possible? Thanks a lot.

And also, I do plan on keeping my car for 8 years or so; in that case, what would you choose?
    If you can still order a 2010 and it saves you money why not. The 2011 may also be an option. There are a lot of 2010 A4's out there and this summer they will still be there. I find it hard to believe you can't locate one that meets your needs -- it will save you decent money over the 2011. Audi will run a summer of audi promotion and sweeten the deal a bit more for instock units. You can do a nationwide search and find the one you want. There is a buying service profiled on edmunds -- auto authority that for $650 [ reasonable] will find you the car you want at a good price and save you their fee with a hard negotiation on an extended warranty and a price you may not get..No work on your part and they can show you the pros and cons of various models. Very nice on the phone. Click on tips and advice and check out their review. [secrets of a negotiator]
    You might also want to check out the Hyundai Genesis with a 10 year warranty. Very well regarded but of course it isn't an Audi or an Infinity. ;)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi adidora. Audi is only providing dealer cash on leftover 2009 models...and I suspect that there aren't many left on dealer lots. Specifically it is providing $2,000 dealer cash on '09 on A4 2.0 FWD, $2,500 on A4 2.0 quattro, and $3,000 on A4 3.2 quattro models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    HI All
    What is the residual, money factor and incentives for a 2010 A4 quattro sedan leasing for 36 or 39 months with 10K or 12K per year in NY?
    MSRP for a premium is $36,480 and the premium plus $38,355. We would get this either in Feb or March.
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited February 2010
    Hey rxke. This particular discussion is for community members to talk about what they paid for their A4. There is a discussion about leasing this car over here: "Audi A4 Lease Questions". Please post any future questions that you have about leasing an A4 there.

In answer to your question, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00065 and 49%.

The numbers for the Premium Plus are .00045 and 51% for 36 / 12k and .00065 and 49% for 39 / 12k.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Car_Man,

Did the dealer cash on 2009 models expire ? Edmunds only shows "New" pricing on 2010 models. Local dealer has several 2009 2.0 Quattro models left over.

Thanks,
    DL
  • plumekussplumekuss Member Posts: 18
    I am in a dilemma - I am considering the 2010 Audi A4 vs the Infiniti G37X and have driven both cars twice and like them both. Price wise they will be fairly similar. I live in the Chicago area. My biggest issue with the Infiniti is that the shape is going to probably change in 2-3 years tops while the Audi is new and probably has 5 years. I am reluctant to buy the Infiniti because I keep my cars a long time and dont want to spend all that money to have an outdated shape sometime within the next 2 years. On the flip side, I am a bit worried about the Audi long term maintenance costs compared to the Japanese built car.

Help?
    If you keep your cars a long time -- I'd lean toward the Infinity.
    Because of maintenance issues with the Audi?

Does anyone know or think when Inifiniti will change the styling/shape of the G37?
    Both are expensive to maintain but the infiniti has a bit better reliability history. Both are great leases -- drive one for 3 years and decide if you want to keep it. You can pay for maintenance in advance for audi -- around $700 and pay nothing extra for 4 years. You are responsible for brakes and tires.
    Please tell me more about the added maintenance. A few dealerships offer $740 for a maintenance free package while the car is under warranty and this is designed to cover normal routine maintenance. An extended warranty for 7 years or 70k miles is being offered to me for $2700 but thats really a 3 year extended warranty given that the normal is 4 yr 50k miles - which is expensive. I am looking to buy and not lease which is why I am really posturing this to death.

Does anyone know when Infiniti is likely to change the shape of the G37?
    The audicare for 740 is probably ok. The most you lose is a hundred or two but you get everything checked for 4 years. How much do you expect to drive in the next 4 years? Do you have a well regarded independent mechanic that you trust to do maintenance & repairs after warranty?
  • jam21jam21 Member Posts: 5
    Hello - Does anyone know how to reprogram the Key Fob so you can lower all windows (or even the sunroof) if you press the unlock button longer? This would be really helpful since I have a black on black model. Thanks. :)
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    The current version of the Audi A4 was released in 2009, the Infiniti in 2008, so they are only one year apart. Typically cars are restyled every 5-6 years so figure the Infiniti 2013, maybe early release in 2012, the Audi one year after.

I've driven both vehicles and own the Infiniti. These are both such good vehicles it is hard to separate them. If I were to own one for say 10 years I'd opt for the Infiniti. Otherwise, the interior of the Audi is superior IMO, and gas mileage. The Infiniti much more powerful engine, all the same tech goodies, worse gas mileage.
  • mcon22mcon22 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 08 g5x and I plan to get the A4 next month because gas is a real KILLER in the Infiniti. Im talking 15-17 mpg combined and definitely not a lead foot. The gas savings alone on the audi would probably more than make up for the extra cost in maintenance that the audi may need. But as others have said infinits aren't cheap to maintain either.
    The depreciation you will experience on the new A4 in 2 years will buy gas for your infiniti for 70,000 miles at least. Buy the audi because you want a new car, not under the delusion that you are going to save money. How much gas will $10-15000 buy?
  • maxdadmaxdad Member Posts: 10
    Chicago area Audi dealer today (Audi Exchange-Highland Park, IL). We bought 2010 A4 with Premium Plus package and a few other doodads for $36K less $1500 Audi loyalty rebate (traded in our 2007 A4)...so $34,500 including AudiCare maintenance program, which I believe is normally another $740.

We're very happy...wife will be the one driving the new car though :(
  • scorzscorz Member Posts: 7
    That sounds like a great deal, congratulations... Can you elaborate a bit on "other doodads?"

Were they sound system upgrade, Automatic/manual, Quattro?, Navigation, Sport package?, etc...
    edited March 2010
    Well, this is going on memory but I'll list the other doodads that I know for sure. It's definitely Quattro AWD 2.0T, Automatic with tiptronic 6 speed trans, and Bluetooth (although that may come with the premium plus package) HomeLink, Heated front seats, dual climate control, Xenon lights on the front and LED lights in the front and back.
    Aside from that, as I recall the paint color was listed on the sticker as another $500 or so (its the dark metallic silver), upgraded exhaust tips, and the low APR...2.9% I think. I believe most of the other stuff was part of the Premium Plus (leather, sunroof, etc.)
    No navigation and no S-Line package (unfortunately-wife thinks it's "too bumpy").
  • scorzscorz Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info... And congrats again on the new A4. Enjoy it!
  • gurmgurm Member Posts: 27
    I am looking at a 2009 Audi A4 with 3.2L and premium plus package. It has 4000 miles and is Audi certified. I am in Portland, Oregon and the dealer gave me a final price of 38,000. What do you guys think of this price? What should I offer or pay for this car? The good thing is audi certification and very low miles, but I didn't like 17 inch wheels/tires, would prefer 18 inch wheels, its black on black and looks beautiful. Looking forward to hear from you guys, thanks in advance.
    Cheers...!
    What was the original msrp on the car and is it quattro?
    It is quattro and they have it listed for 41K, don't know msrp as this model (3.2L) isn't available for 2010. If I remember right, it should be close to 44k or more in msrp.
    edited March 2010
    You can get a brand new A4 quattro premium for less than that 09. With euro cars buy new even if it has less equipment. The less electonic gizmos the better. They ride and handle pretty similar. You should be able to bet a new prem plus msrp 38k for about 36k. The premium would be about 2k less. Go new and save.
    We test drove a 2010 A4, liked everything about it but the back end, it has exhausts only on one side, looks like a Corolla. I prefer exhausts on either side, looks more sporty.That's one big thing I can't overlook plus this 09 is Audi certified means warranty upto 100k miles or 6 years, so won't worry about putting too many miles on it, you know what I eman. What do you think? Do you work at a dealership or just like me...:)
    Would never work in the car business. I always like new when you are spending 38k. If you like the the 09 get what you want and have fun. :)
  • carfan2010carfan2010 Member Posts: 1
    Great deal. Just leased (but haven't delivered yet) a 2010 Audi A4 Quatro in Northern New Jersey from Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany. Equipment is A4 Quatro automatic with Premium Plus package, Navigation, and exhaust tips. Black with Beige leather. 10K miles for 36 months. $1000 cap cost reduction. Selling price was $37,100. Residual 51%. Money factor .00026. With NJ sales tax of 7% I'm paying $478.78 per month, Total out of pocket is $2,712.23 including the $1000 cap cost reduction.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    Congratulations on your new A4! My wife and I just bought an '07 A4 Quattro 2.0 automatic with 36,500 miles from a private party. My wife will be the principal driver.

What was your experience with your '07? How many miles did it have when you traded it.
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Member Posts: 10
    The current G was released in 2006 (as 2007 model)
    I recently purchased a 2010 A4, Premium Plus and disappointed with the trunk size. I found out that it only has 12 cubic feet of space, when I thought that it is 16.9 or 17.0 cubic feet from Edmunds review (and other sites as well) of the exact model itself. Does anyone know anything that I dont? Maybe the 17.0 cubic feet is only for 2009? I am curious to see the reason for this discrepancy. :confuse:
    I have a 2010 Audi A4, Premium Plus with the Audi Music Interface. This replaces the auxillary input that is located inside the center console. The most common of theis option use I would think is the interface with an iPod. Did anyone try to connect a 3.5 mm stereo jack cable (instead of the iPod adapter cable) to the Audi Music Interdace, and have it working? I am planning to run Pandora from my iPhone using this setup. :confuse:
  • first_a4_2010first_a4_2010 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to purchase finance a new Audi A4 (Premium Plus Package) in the Chicagoland Area. This is going to be my first car. I have a few questions:

a) Did you apply for financing at the dealership? What kind of APR did you get?
    b) What are the other fees involved when purchasing a new car?
    c) Did you buy auto insurance before hand or apply for it at the dealership?
    d) Any pricing details will be helpful.

thanks.

First Audi A4 Buyer
    Get your financing set up at a credit union before you shop. Get an insurance agent as well.
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    Does this sound fair. Premium plus, sticker $38,075, selling price $35,499.

Let me know,

Thanks
  • chaolanrenchaolanren Member Posts: 15
    is this before TTL or after TTL?
  • czechmateczechmate Member Posts: 3
    I'd love to get that quote! What metro area are you in? I'm in Dallas.
    edited May 2010
    Before TTL. Philadelphia area.
    I 'm in LA, and some dealer quote me , sticker 41000,
    $39000 otd price, TTL is about 3000 bucks.
  • tomanhtomanh Member Posts: 4
    I'm planning to purchase the 2010 audi a4 premium plus, sticker price $38,700. How much should I bargain for? I'm in vermont. thanks in advance
    Check prices at mattieimports. Free delivery to Vermont.
  • cyparissuscyparissus Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    I just got a quotation from dealership..
    2010 A4 premium plus + 18" wheel + walnut interior

MSRP : $40,730
    given price : $39,250+TTL

I'm gonna put $10,000 down-payment.
    and I'm trading in my old 97 camry ($1500)
    They proposed 1.9% APR for 24 months.

I know it might be difficult to get a nice deal with a finance.
    But, I wanna really know how much I can deal with it.

I'm living in Ohio, columbus.

Thanks.
    You should be able to get a better deal then that. With that car you should not be above invoice.
  • yc05yc05 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    My dealer in the NoVa/DC area is adding $200 for inspection and additional fees for sales/marketing -- another $200 -- on top of negotiated price, plus TTL. Has anyone else encountered this?
  • richard10richard10 Member Posts: 13
    I just purchased an A4 at FSK in Frederick, Maryland. Look at their pricing on Autotrader and also check the price on Truecar.com. FSK was very good to deal with AND they have no documentation fees like the dealers in VA. Ask for Andy or Vince.
    Hi guys,
    I just bought the 2010 audi a4 quttro, premium plus with navi, black in black, MSRP 40350 bucks,
    this is the only black in black in Los Angeles that has premium plus with navi i think.

i got the car for $38250 +ttl
    is this a good deal?
    audi is like gold right now,hehe, other cars got huge crazy rebates,audi don't
    btw, you guys know when the 2011 a4 coming out?
  • tomanhtomanh Member Posts: 4
    2011 A4 change to 8 speed trans instead of 6, just saw it on one of the website.
    Hey, congrats on the 2007 A4! Not sure if you'll even see this response as it's been some time since I logged back onto Edmunds--I just now saw your reply.

Our experience w/the 2007 was VERY good. In fact, I liked our 2007 3.2L a little better than the 2010 2.0T:
    * I think I like the 3.2L motor a little better than the 2.0T. To me, it seems to pull a little stronger, closer to a V8 feel than the 2.0T although I understand the 2.0T is supposed to have a little more torque at low RPM? The 2.0T is great motor, but with the A/C on, it sometimes reminds me that it's still a four banger.
    * The 2007 seemed smaller...in a good way. I always thought of the 2007 as an oversize, luxurious, grown up go-cart. The 2010 feels more car like...if that make sense.

That said, the car is for my wife and the 2010 suits her better. She likes a little larger car and the new A4 seems so much bigger inside. She also likes the Bluetooth, Ipod connect, etc. Both good cars, I have no complaints about either. I think the 2007 had about 35K miles when we traded her in.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    Thanks for your reply, max. It's an odd coincidence that I checked this discussion today, since I hadn't for a while.

I've never driven an Audi V6, so I can't compare it with the 2.0T. However, I've driven both a 2010 FWD (a loaner), and a 2010 Quattro, both 2.0Ts. They're fine driving cars, but I prefer the trimmer size of our previous generation A4.

I don't know what I'd replace our '07 A4 with, but, hopefully, it'll give us a few years of relatively low maintenance service. I'm hoping it's not too much to ask for it to go 100,000 miles, or a little more, without becoming a money pit. We'll see.