Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• keitaroukeitarou Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2010
    I am shopping for a 2011 A4 Premium plus with NAV. Black on black with quattro. Is the deal below good? Thanks for your help guys.

MSRP: $41,165
    Selling price: $38,740.45
    tax: $3,438.21
    motor vehicle: $400
    doc: $349

$42,927.66 out the door
  • ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    MSRP: $41,165
    Selling price: $38,740.45
    tax: $3,438.21
    motor vehicle: $400
    doc: $349

What are those fees? "motor vehicle" fee of $400? What is that for? The doc fee of $349 seems really high to me, but I guess it depends on what state you are in, and whether there is a limit or not in your state.

Don't let them lower the price, only to get you back with rather high and unnecessary fees.
    Motor Vehicle fee is probably for plates and registration.

Another dealer has given a price that is even lower at $37,799. Fees are less than this dealer by 180 bucks as well. Is the price of the car good? It seems like it's good but i'm not sure if I can go lower. Again, this is for the 2011 A4 2.0T premium plus quattro with NAV.

Thanks Guys.
  • scorzscorz Member Posts: 7
    That deal does sound good. First, the MSRP appears to be lower than the 2010 MSRP, and you are at about 9% off of that price.

What state are you in?
  • ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    $349 for plates and registration is WAY TOO HIGH!

Both deals sound good to me, but then I think that you ought to really figure out what the fair fees are for your area.
  • chaolanrenchaolanren Member Posts: 15
    Preorder?
    2011 is not out yet..
  • chaolanrenchaolanren Member Posts: 15
    this MSRP is higher than the 2010 MSRP,and if he's really gonna get it for that price, it is a wonderful price on audi now.
    Did he get any kinda rebate???? impossible to get.
  • jnyzjnyz Member Posts: 102
    Audi A4's are in the showroom.
  • arsedanarsedan Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm thinking to make an offer for this audi. Please help in deciding the best price for this car. Thanks!

2007 Audi A4 Quattro 4Dr sedan
    31000 mileage
    Black/Black
    Automatic
    Heated seats
    Leather seats

Dealer's quote is 24900. What do you think is the best offer I should make ?
    First you should get a carfax.

It looks like a car that just came off lease with low miles. You need to find out the original sticker price of the car then you can figure out how much the dealer owes the bank for the car. If the car had a sticker of 38k, sold for around 36k the dealer would owe the bank about 19k. With that said there should be a lot of room to come down off of 25k. I would walk in off the street with a check for 21k and say take it or leave it and let them make the next move. A 2k gross profit is nice on a used car but there is usually more profit in a used car then new car.

Someone jump in if I am incorrect.
    I'm located in NY...
    I am not sure if there is any rebates on it. The dealers didn't specify. I will make sure I ask them about that. Thanks
    I don't think there are any rebates on a used car.
  • scorzscorz Member Posts: 7
    and actually, the MSRP is higher for 2011 than 2010... I was looking at Avant prices for some reason. You should get that car if that price is real.
  • waters96waters96 Member Posts: 22
    I'm e-mailing around to local dealers and they're offering anywhere from invoice to $150 below on these cars. Most of them are Premium Package, with a few upgrades like a B & 0 radio, or a Nav system.

Would appreciate any input.
  • waters96waters96 Member Posts: 22
    So this is the one I think I'm going to take. Again, would really appreciate some input.

Base Price: 33,550
    Metallic Paint: 475
    Premium Plus: 3,500
    Nav/back up camera: 2,500
    Bang & Olufsen: 850
    All weather mats: 200
    Exhaust tips: 130
    Total MSRP: 42,030
    After discount: 39,549.03
  • td51889td51889 Member Posts: 1
    There is a CPO 2010 A4 Quattro Premium with 8,000 miles sitting on the lot in Rhode Island. Listed at 31,932. What would be a responsible offer if just walking into the showroom one day. Although I would probably either get finance with Audi or somewhere else.
    First you need to get the original MSRP of the car and figure out the invoice price, the subtract $1,600.00 for the 8000 miles and about another 1500 since 2011 are out. That should get you a fair price for the car.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Do you need a loaded A4 ? Then price a 2011 premium with modest extras and see what that will cost. Compare.
    Does anyone have the interest rates from Audi for July?
  • radhika3radhika3 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    The dealer's in Audi were a help, while any breakdown in services they were their as a help,,,
  • richard10richard10 Member Posts: 13
    According to truecar.com, you should be able to purchase the vehicle for $39,149. Regardless, the discount price offered you is very good.
  • subsoundszsubsoundsz Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    I was quoted 2011 A4 Premium AWD Automatic with Bluetooth/Homelink, Audi Music IPod Intergration, and Heated Front Seats for 32800 with metallic paint. I live in NYC and the state tax is 8.875%. The price OTD is 37K. Is this a good deal?
    What is the sticker price?
    MSRP is 36940. Invoice on Edmunds is 34418.
  • sftnysftny Member Posts: 1
    To subsoundsz:

I have higher quotes from dealers in the NY area - can I ask which dealer gave you that quote?
    Sounds good to me. What is the dealers name?
    i got it from paul miller audi in jersey
  • raj1raj1 Member Posts: 27
    does it include any incentives like loyalty cash or any other financing
  • kac281kac281 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership - I'm in Philly area & looking for a 2010/2011 A4. Would love to get a quote.

Thanks
    i just realized it was a typo.. the price for the car is actually 33800 including the options i mentioned. the price out the door is 37K. no customer loyalty or cash incentives. i didn't get to the financing part yet so i can't really say.
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    Hello,

I bought my 2010 Audi Q5 in March after an end of lease A6 that I had for 36 months. After 5 months I have decided that I am a Sedan person and not an SUV type.

I loved the A6 but the prices have been skyrocketing. I called my contact at the dealership and told him I am interested in Trading in the Q5 and getting a 2011 A4 Prestige.

With Loyalty money I am sure I won't get hurt on the Trade (but I don't expect to get out scot-free) as I got a good discount on the Q5 and I will get a good discount on the A4.

My question is: What will I pick up in the way of a driving machine in the A4? Will I have difficulty going from an A6 to a Q and then to an A4?

I prefer a sedan and feel more comfortable. Living in Texas on some country roads I could go around the turns and never move an inch in the seat...with the Q5 I can't. Is the New 2011 A4 now bringing the gap between to old A4 and A6?

Thank you

Elliot
    I think you posted this under the wrong thread.
  • audiorbmwaudiorbmw Member Posts: 10
    Just received the following offer on a 2011 A4 Automatic with Prem Plus package:

$35300 + 2206 tax + 295 doc fee + 125 registration = $37926 OTD

The dealer is throwing in all season mats, any metallic color (no extra fee), Audi care (4yr, 50k miles)

What do you guys think? Can I do better or should I go ahead and sign the dotted line?
    The invoice is 36,170 on the car you described without the mats and audi care. I have yet to see a car come in with just premium plus as the only option so it is difficult to tell what kind of deal you are getting. So you need to share with us the sticker price.
    Well, I saw a car in this dealership with just the Prem Plus (plus metallic color), but was negotiating over the phone, so hard to say what the sticker on that car was. Here's what I was negotiating (and based on the info below I guess the sticker price / MSRP would be $38,910):

MSRP Invoice
    Base $34,140 $31,750
    Prem Plus $3,400 $3,162
    Delivery $875 $875
    color $495 $495
    Total $38,910 $35,787

Also, the dealer initially offered a 5.9% / 60 mo finance deal and later negotiated to 3.9% / 60mo.

Let me know what you think.
    Noticed I had a typo in the table. The invoice price didn't include the color adjustment. The correct invoice happens to be $36,262
    If you are correct with the MSRP then you are getting a good deal at 35 and change. What dealer? Let us know if you get it at that price. Also there should not be a doc fee if you purchase the car, only if you lease. Someone jump in if I am incorrect.
    Peabody, MA. Might buy the car this weekend, will let you guys know. I wish Audi had better financing rates like the BMW 0.9%/60mo deal. Anyone know if I can do better on the 3.9%/60mo offer they have given me? Any tips on whether external financing sources might be able to provide me a better deal? I am looking to finance for 60 months.
    Audi is offering 4.9 at the moment for 60 months and some banks are offering 3.75. The dealer might be offering you a bank rate. Let us know if you pull the trigger, I am curious if you get that exact deal on a 2011. I can see getting it on a 2010 but that is the lowest offer I have seen for a 2011. Good luck.
    Finally pulled the trigger today - 2011 A4 2.0T AWD. MSRP $39,440 (incl. prem. plus, metallic color, wood trim). Purchased for $35,300 (OTD price $37926, including Audi care)
  • hokie28hokie28 Member Posts: 16
    Curious on how much people are getting for the 2011 Audi A4 Prestige S-Line. Sweet looking care. I'm still driving my car that I bought new back in November 1999 (141k 2000 Mitsu Eclipse). Time to upgrade!
    That is a very good deal you received. If you could post the dealerships name and your salesman's name I am sure some of us would be interested. Thanks for the update.
  • usna74usna74 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2011 A4 Premium Plus with nav, wood inlay, chrome tips, blue pearl color/beige interior, all weather floor mats/trunk liner. MSRP was $39,980. Bought for $36,762 - below invoice.

As a current Mercedes owner, they knocked $1,000 off the price, so without that I would have been buying at $37,762 - which still would have been an excellent price to pay for this car. Motor Trend said dealer cost was $37,333, factory invoice was $37,634. Edmunds had the factory invoice at $37,243.

Excellent buying experience - may have been helped by the fact that this was the second dealer I went to and I knew the car well and didn't need any test drive.
    I don't know if any of you guys have experienced this, but it has taken about 5 weeks for the dealer to find the car. Apparently, dealers in MA are running on slim A4 inventory. They couldn't find me the car I wanted, but found one with nav, prem plus, exhaust tips, metallic color, wood trim, all weather mats thrown in (MSRP - $41,920, Invoice - $39,047). I'll be paying $36,671 (OTD - $39,382). Paying for Audi Care and Resistall paint protection in addition. Felt like a good deal.

The dealer is Ira Audi in Peabody, MA.
  • regimattregimatt Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2010
    i have leased an audi a4 premium quattro......putting 5472 down...and monthly 439 including the audi car manitence and wheels and tires..heated seats and ipod interface included..no premuim plus package....for 3 year lease contract....can anyboy tell me whether it is too much about the price...the cars price is 38,184...IN NY.....? and IS IT WORTH BUYING THE AUDI A4 AFTER MY LEASE ENDS..PLSE DO REPLY ...GUYS ..WANT TO KNOW UR OPINON? leased my car from atlantic audi,west islip.ny
    Sounds like way too much to me.
    yea i think so too...coz i see good deals for premium plus for this 38 grant...
    has anyone upgraded the audi a4 2011 premium to premium plus in between the lease contract...?......and is it possible to do it...
  • allawallaw Member Posts: 15
    I have got a few quote for this car and the best one of the dealer has quoted was invoice + $250. But looking at a previous post, the invoice differs between edmunds, dealers and Motor Trend, which should I trust? I've seen ppl on this forum stating that they bought for below invoice, can you list the dealer names?