Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bbydadbbydad Posts: 58
    Hi -
    What kind of packages did the 33500 quote include? Sunroof? Premium? Did you have any better choices if you included the technology packages? also in boston -

thanks
  • taitandotaitando Posts: 17
    A lot of people ask questions but I don't know if everyone ever follows up with their end experience. Post your deals folks, as it helps tremendously for the rest of us in negotiating. Here's mine:

'06 A4 2.0T 6spd Manual (manuals are getting hard to find)

Options/packages:
    Dolphin Gray metallic w. ebony interior
    Sunshades
    Premium
    Sunroof
    Tech
    S-line
    Titanium

MSRP $40,735
    Cap Cost $38,663
    36 mos. lease at 15k miles/year
    Zero down with no further cap cost reduction.
    MF (Money Factor) .00062 or 1.49%
    53% Residual
    Monthly comes to $566.86(including tax) with a total drive off at $937.23 (tax, title, registration, & 1st months rent)

Maybe not the best deal, but certainly not the worst. Good luck to everyone else. Edit: This is in Sacramento, CA
  • I'm looking at possibly buying a 97' Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. I know absolutely nothing about Audi's so I'm hoping someone can help me out here!

The car has 98,000 miles...what are some things I need to know for this kind of mileage. The suspension doesn't make any noise and the dealership has no idea if the timing belt has been replaced so I know that the thermostat and the water pump would need to be changed immediately along with the timing belt.

What are some other things I should know before purchasing this vehicle? Are Audi's known for making it to upwards of 160K miles? I want to make sure this vehicle will last me at least 4 years before purchasing it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,594
    Hi, mnhockey29..

Since this is primarily a pricing discussion, you might have better luck posing your question in one of the other A4 discussions..

Audi A4: Problems & Solutions

Audi A4 - 2004 and earlier

Regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The 2007 A4 Cab base prices have been released. 2.0 T Frontrak starts at 39,100 (1,760 increase of base price ) and the quattro at $41,200. The 3.2 V6 starts at $46,950. Add $720 dest chagre to all.

No info on packages or option pricing.
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 145
    In response to #642, I read somewhere that the four year free maintenance program was dropped in April of this year for 2006s. Seems strange to do so in the middle of a model year. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, has anyone been able to negotiate this back into a lease deal?
  • audi5audi5 Posts: 7
    Its is true. But this applies to all 2007 cars (so this includes 2007 cars that are currently out). I bought a 2006 in Aug, so my 2006 still includes full maintanance. My advice, buy 2006 if you still can.
    BMW and Merced was on the top of my list. I looked at the value and that Audi 2006s still had maintenance programs... I got mine at santa monica audi
  • bbydadbbydad Posts: 58
    You can buy the maintenance program for the 2007 A4 for about 600 bucks. The 2006 would definitely be cheaper, especially since the dealers have incentives to sell them off, but don't forget that while you are buying a new car, it is a 1 year old model, and you will take an immediate hit from depreciation.
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 145
    Thanks, bbydad. Good info.

I'm going to lease a 2006 A4 2.0T, since the MF Audi uses on them is excellent, the residual is decent, and the maintenance is still included, so the key factor is the price you can get on the car. I just want to find a CA dealer who will be very motivated to deal on the car and thus produce the best possible lease payment. Therefore I'm not as worried about depreciation as I would be if I were buying. The '07s would probably have a better residual if you leased, but would probably be a tad more expensive, and also have a higher MF, plus you'd have to factor in maintenance costs, so I think the better "value" if I'm leasing would be to go with the '06. Agree?

Any ideas on dealerships I should try? I'm in San Francisco, but I'll go anywhere in the state if the deal is worth it. Thanks!
    Audi Santa monica is great... I checked up the north CA and south bay as well as OC... Santa monica audi seemed liked the best to deal... good luck, email me if you need help...
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Posts: 69
    Sorry for the delay, that number was for Sunroof, Premium and Cold Weather package A4 Quatto 2006. The price was from Inskip in Warwick. They offer a VIP service to the Boston area where the come and pick up your car if you need service and leave you with a car. I found their info from the A6 forum. They were offering excellent deals on the 06 A6s.
  • thanks for the info. did you do it? or are you upgrading to an A6? Do you think the VIP service is legit? Have you ever used it? Did you try closer dealerships to boston?
    thanks for the info
  • Inskip's VIP service is at best average. Why would you want your car to have 120 miles round trip on it for service?
  • good point. however, the alternative -- boston area audi dealers -- is not appetizing. brookline audi has horrible service and is not even open on Saturdays. I've heard that the audi in natick is also not good. that's the major sticking point when i consider taking the plunge for an audi
  • That is exactly what stared my search for another dealer. My experience with the other "unamed" Audi dealer in the Danvers area has not been what I would call stellar. I got to visit them nine times in nine months with my A6. As far as taking the plunge on the A4, I decided to hold off, the warranty on my A6 is good for another 18 months, so I will wait until then as I have not had any issues in the last year. As far as the mileage, that's a price I would be willing to pay to not have to take time off to get my car serviced. I will be using them on my current car for a service visit before I purchase anything from them to check out their service department. My father in-law has been using the Nashua dealer for his last 4 Audis and has been pleased with them, so that is another option I might investigate.
  • In general, I think Audi service departments have a lot of room for improvement, at least when compared to the other companies they aspire to be like (e.g. MB or BMW). It has made me very hesitant to buy an Audi although I love the cars and I think the provide more value than the competition.
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Aren't they supposedly giving dealer money on the remaining 2006 inventory?

Are they gone?

Or people prefer to lease and the dealer money doesn't apply for leases?
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    BoardwalkAG in Plano, TX Is having a 06 clearance event. The base models are about $4400.00 off, and a S4 with a MSRP of 53K was 45K and change :surprise:

Hope this helps someone.

DL
  • Can any one give me the most current Money Factor and Residuals on a 2007 2.0T A4 CVT. Thanks. I've searched on roadfly and I can find the most recent. Someone has Aug posted but some of them look wrong.
    -SC
  • We are looking to get a 06' A4 ... in order to take the advantage of lower price..

Does anyone have a good dealer in mind?

Thanks a bunch!!
  • hi, i appreciate all those who are posting their pricing. can anyone offer general guidance for where 07 a4s are pricing? it's a loaded s-line with an MSRP of approx $42k. my previous two audis (a4 and allroad) purchased in NJ were a simple $1500 over invoice. i'm being told on this a4 (now in naperville, suburb of chicago) that the discount on a new s-line is only like 1% of MSRP. edmunds seems to support this. but then i browse everyone's postings here and i feel like people are making out much better than this ... thanks in advance for your help.
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    Well a base A4Q has about a $2200 spread before options. Id find another Dealer. Your probably getting the its a new model line... But A4 aren't exactly flying off the shelves. At the Streets of Tomorrow event they were begging people to drive the A4. Id be comfortable with about $500 over on a '07 or $4500 off on a '06.

Good Luck,
    DL
  • that doesn't sound that different from what i'm being offered ($41.5 on $39.0 invoice). plus i'm getting the pirelli tires swapped out for pilot sports (that's gotta be at least $500 value for tires, plus i think i'm getting an alloy spare vs 07s getting steel spares?). plus i'm getting a spare key, a4 mats, cargo mat (another $300)? but again, this is a far cry from $500 over invoice, so maybe i'm being taken ...
  • Just got what I think is a good deal on an 07 A4. Here's the specifics:

2007 A4 Quattro 2.0T 6M
    Quartz Gray/Black
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Sport Suspension
    Cold Weather Package
    Destination Fee

MSRP: $35,435
    Invoice: $32,910
    Price Paid: $32,065

Total out the door with maintainence package and tax is $33,500.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,594
    How much is the maintenance package now? Does it come with any included maintenance at all?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    What dealer is giving you 3400 off MSRP on a 2007 A4?

Are you sure it's not an 06? There's not 3400 mark-up in a 35k A4
  • The maintenance pkg is $550. Yep, that's the deal. Just signed the paperwork. They tried to pull it off the table but the salesperson had emailed me the terms. It's an 07. They said they lost $27 on the deal. Either way, I'm happy. Dealer was Prestige Imports in Lakewood, Colorado.
  • Congrats on that deal! I can't beleive you were able to get it for about 900 below invoice? Did they make a mistake or something?
  • Honestly, I think they screwed up something in the calculations. That's why they tried to scramble and pull the deal off the table. I had it in writing via email so they couldn't back out. They honored their word which is nice.