Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• conelsonconelson Member Posts: 2
    I apologize if this has been covered already, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen pricing for the 2007 A4. I believe they are due to start arriving in August. Thanks.
  • audilaudiaudilaudi Member Posts: 2
    A4 frontrak 2.0T 2006 black...w/leather and sunroof package

msrp 31560

417/month w/ 16k miles/yr

2200 down including everything....

Experience at dealership was terrible but the $417 is what I kind of wanted to pay....
  • audia4searchaudia4search Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase a 3.2 Quatro A4 Tiptronic from a tristate dealer

On a visit, I was quoted 38.5 k for a car with a MSRP of 40185
    (parking sensor, metal paint, premium package and sunroof). These are not really options I need or want but it is the car he has in stock. I have arranged my own financing and would be purchasing for cash.
    Any thoughts as to the price?
  • datunludatunlu Member Posts: 13
    Just got a deal from a dealer in the Bay area of a A4 2.0L Quattro auto with sunroof, premium, and Tech package.The MSRP is $37760. We find the inovice price to be around $35000 on edmunds, where cars.com gets a number that is $1000 lower. The dealer is offerring us the final price of $35885. The three year lease deal is then calculated using a 0.00077 money factor with 53% residual value. That ends up to a $523 monthly payment with $1524 at signing. Is this a good deal? The dealer also calculated a different invoice that included a $720 destination, $200 ad fee plus $190 inspection. Are the latter two normal items? Thanks.
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    What is a 2.0L?

I think there's a Lease forum where you can ask about specific lease terms, including how the money factor compares.

Which dealer in the Bay Area is this and what are the miles, 15k per year?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    But you need to realize something. It's not Audi's - or the dealerships - responsibility to stock the least expensive Audi you can buy with no options. As someone who's in the business, you can't load down your lot with low end cheap cars.

Part of the reason people buy Audi's, MB's, BMW's, and other high line cars is because they want options. People like navigation, S line sport packages, bluetooth, heated seats, bose stereo's and such.

Why don't you just order a car from the factory and wait 3 months to get it if your a payment shopper?

If you want a lot with 100 base model cars, go over the Honda or Toyota store. Audi is a limited high-line brand company and they don't sell 500,000 corollas and civic each year.
    Sorry, a typo, 2.0T. It is Rector Motor Company in Burlingame. The lease goes with different terms, money facors, and residual values. For 36 month, it is 0.00062, without deposit, adds 0.00015, with residual at 53%. A shorter term with deposit makes the money factor more attrative. Yes, it is 15k miles per year. But you need to push for the special lease, I would not recommend the dealer though.
    Just some information that may be useful. Before we decide to lease the 2.0T Quattro A4, the deal was on buying. We get a price of $34,500, around $1,000 below invoice. The only way we get the dealer to do this is not to finance with Audi. You probably want to negotiate a price below invoice since you arrange your own financing. I am not sure what kind of APR you can get. My wife and I got good enough scores for the best APR, the dealer did a quote for us and the final APR is still 6.9%. If I shop around, my guess is that I can get something around 6%. Good luck.
  • krautlandkrautland Member Posts: 1
    >Why don't you just order a car from the factory and wait 3 months to get it if your a payment shopper?

you make an offer, you better are prepared to deliver on it, *especially* if you want to be a brand that stands out from the pack. luxury brands are designed to cater to expectations and if they create this specific one and don't follow through on their promises, they will inevitably ruin their reputation. you sell a car like this as a turn-on for repeat business.

the argument you are making is that of someone no more than ten SAT points above grunting and bashing heads with yard sticks.

that being said, I am doing my best after reading this thread to get outside financing before buying my a3 or a4 in the chicago area next month. anyone want to recommend a specific dealer?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    What happens if a company runs out of I pods, playstations or X boxes? If something is hot in the market place or limited in current supply, you've got the responsiblity of getting one. You're not guaranteed an unlimited supply of anything in life. You have the world is a conspiracy theory and it's everybody's else fault why you can't get something.

Audi is continuing to have record sales every year. So whatever they're doing, they don't need to worry about a few people who cry that they can't get the cheapest car on the lot.

It's called marketing, and every industry advertises lower priced leader items to generate traffic.

As an Audi dealership, you have to do what's best for your store. If you load down your lot with stripped A4's with no options, you'll end losing more business than you gain. You'll have cars for the low end customers who want the cheapest car, but your 75% +++ customer base who wants some luxury options on their car will go elsewhere to buy them.
  • nyaudimenyaudime Member Posts: 8
    2007 A4 2.0T Auto
    Silver
    Premium
    Heated seats

MSRP: $35,085
    Selling price: $32,670

Residual 60%
    Money factor .000175
    36 months at 12K yr.

1st payment, total NY sales tax, security deposit, license fee = $2,200 total due
    Monthly payment = $433

Questions:

1. Should I pay the total NY sales tax upfront?
    2. Dealer mentioned I could split the security deposit, reducing $6 more off a month?
    3. Is this a good deal?
  • desertfox1desertfox1 Member Posts: 80
    Has anyone seen the pricing for 07 A4 cabriolets?
    Stevens Creek Audi (audistevenscreek.com) advertised in the SJ Mercury an A4 auto FWD for $31988. MSRP is supposedly $35285. So I called and they said they're not using AFS, they're offering much lower price but using BankOne and maybe Bank of America with slightly higher interest rates (2.5% he claimed).

But the options are CVT, Premium Package and Sunroof package. Well if you add these up, the MSRP comes to 33,000-33,500, not 35,285.

So the salesman I was talking to either missed some options or the dealer is lying about the MSRP and making it seem like a bigger discount than it actually is.

Are other Audi dealers using some third-party financing instead of using AFS, which seems to have good terms for the A4?
  • kjh78kjh78 Member Posts: 5
    Currently I drive a BMW 330XI, however my lease is coming to an end and I was offered a GREAT deal to purchase a new 06 A4 2.0. I was going to just buy out my car (absolutley LOVE my current car-never had any problems), but it would mean I would have to finance for another 3 years. I could purchase the new A4 for $5k more but fianace for 5 yrs (plus lower payments). I feel I should take advantage of this great deal but worried about future problems/reliablity of A4. Reliablity is VERY important to me. I would appreciate any feedback/comments on experience with this car and suggestions about what I should do. Thanks!
  • jrummijrummi Member Posts: 5
    What is the current deal for purchase?
    I've heard that there is $3000 manufaturer to dealer money.
    I'm assuming on an 06 you can probably get invoice - $3000. Is this correct? Somewhere around $5k off of MSRP. Does anyone know how long this promotion is going on or if it will change soon?
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Did this start for August? I was trying to negotiate a deal on Monday July 31st, and I was only getting about $1000 off MSRP on an 06. I am going to try a couple other dealers. They let me walk, I also considered leasing but they were not even close to the advertised lease deal on the Audi website.
  • jrummijrummi Member Posts: 5
    I'm still not exactly sure what the current rebates are for the a4.
    I was told by one dealer that audi is giving $2000 to the dealer for purchase of an a4 2.0t. This doesn't show up on the usual incentive lists because its a deal between audi NA and the dealers. That being said the dealer usually passes the savings on to the buyer. I was told by a different dealer that 06's could be bought for $4k under MSRP but he didn't quantify the actual rebate.
    I believe its either 2 or 3k from audi to the dealer that you should be entitled to receive.
    Most dealers here will easily quote between invoice and a couple hundred over invoice on remaining 06's without having to negotiate. I'd keep looking.
    I got a quote about a week ago for a lease and he said it would be $10 higher than the lease he quoted me in early June.

So no great discounts on the price of the car, unless the lease terms has increased a lot. Or maybe they don't discount as heavily on leases?

How much would it cost to extend the warranty a couple of years? They still offer free maintenance on the 06 but won't on the 07, right?

Also, there was talk of some more than cosmetic differences between 06 and 07 wasn't there?
  • audi5audi5 Member Posts: 7
    I think I have a good deal here. Is this good or could I shave off more?

New 2006 A4 1.8T Cabriolet Automatic

MSRP: $41,310

SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE: $35,845 + FEES

Leather, Heated Seats, 6 Disk CD Changer, Wood Trim, Tip Tronic, Xenon Lights, Lumbar Support Power Seats, Wind Deflector, HomeLink Remote Transmitter, Auto Dimming Mirrors with Compass.

I feel that there are undisclosed incentives but I do not see anything.. Please help?
    Is this a good deal? Are there incentives from the Audi to push these cars out?

2006 A4 1.8T Cabriolet Automatic

MSRP: $41,310

SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE: $35,845 + FEES

Leather, Heated Seats, 6 Disk CD Changer, Wood Trim, Tip Tronic, Xenon Lights, Lumbar Support Power Seats, Wind Deflector, HomeLink Remote Transmitter, Auto Dimming Mirrors with Compass.
    My father in law just spent that on a used 2005 last month. What area of the country are you in?
    Santa Monica, CA. So I did ok? Don't forget I got a 1.8T, I feel there may have been incentives. How many miles for the used 2005?
    I'm not sure about current incentives on CABs. His had 19K and was certified, which for his situation actually worked out better. I'm in the boston area and have had a really hard time getting anything even close to invoice on a sedan. I can't comment on West coast deals, but I would say you got a great deal for the east coast. Good luck with your new car!
    Was that 19K miles or 19K dollars?

Thanks again... Now I can enjoy my car...
    Miles :)
  • carriedcarried Member Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing an A4 2.0T and want to know what I need to know/where you went, etc. to educate myself before even beginning to speak with the dealership.

As an aside - did you consider any other cars prior to leasing your A4? If so was BMW or Mercedes in consideration, and how did you come to your conclusion?

Thank you in advance for your help; I haven't leased before and fear being taken for a ride - no pun intended.
  • donthegreekdonthegreek Member Posts: 127
    I'm seeing some 06's (A4 2.0 quattro auto) with 4,000 to 8,000 miles on em for $30,000 to $31,000...this includes the 100,000 certified warranty...these were cars that were loaned out when the customers car were in the shop for a few days....is this a good way to go??
    don
    I just had a dealer finally confirm that there is 2K in dealer incentives on 06 A4s, so you might be able to find a new one for almost the same money. I was also looking at the CPOD loaners but they usually only come with the sunroof package. I really want one with premium and cold weather. I just got a quote from a dealer in the Boston area for 33500 on a MSRP 36910 car. I really didn't need the Audio package for the extra 1000. I'm finding at least in my area that your color choices pretty much are silver with ebony interior for what they still have left. Given the fact that 06 A6's can be had for around 39K, I might have to bite the bullet and upgrade.
    Has anyone had recent experience getting quotes for extended warranties for HiHy AWD Limited?

Do the EXTENDED warranties start from day of 1st use, or when the factory warranry expires?

What would it cover that the factory warranty does not?
    Sorry :blush:
    Wrong board.
  • bbydadbbydad Member Posts: 58
    Hi -
    What kind of packages did the 33500 quote include? Sunroof? Premium? Did you have any better choices if you included the technology packages? also in boston -

thanks
  • taitandotaitando Member Posts: 17
    A lot of people ask questions but I don't know if everyone ever follows up with their end experience. Post your deals folks, as it helps tremendously for the rest of us in negotiating. Here's mine:

'06 A4 2.0T 6spd Manual (manuals are getting hard to find)

Options/packages:
    Dolphin Gray metallic w. ebony interior
    Sunshades
    Premium
    Sunroof
    Tech
    S-line
    Titanium

MSRP $40,735
    Cap Cost $38,663
    36 mos. lease at 15k miles/year
    Zero down with no further cap cost reduction.
    MF (Money Factor) .00062 or 1.49%
    53% Residual
    Monthly comes to $566.86(including tax) with a total drive off at $937.23 (tax, title, registration, & 1st months rent)

Maybe not the best deal, but certainly not the worst. Good luck to everyone else. Edit: This is in Sacramento, CA
  • mnhockey29mnhockey29 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at possibly buying a 97' Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. I know absolutely nothing about Audi's so I'm hoping someone can help me out here!

The car has 98,000 miles...what are some things I need to know for this kind of mileage. The suspension doesn't make any noise and the dealership has no idea if the timing belt has been replaced so I know that the thermostat and the water pump would need to be changed immediately along with the timing belt.

What are some other things I should know before purchasing this vehicle? Are Audi's known for making it to upwards of 160K miles? I want to make sure this vehicle will last me at least 4 years before purchasing it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Hi, mnhockey29..

Since this is primarily a pricing discussion, you might have better luck posing your question in one of the other A4 discussions..

Audi A4: Problems & Solutions

Audi A4 - 2004 and earlier

Regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The 2007 A4 Cab base prices have been released. 2.0 T Frontrak starts at 39,100 (1,760 increase of base price ) and the quattro at $41,200. The 3.2 V6 starts at $46,950. Add $720 dest chagre to all.

No info on packages or option pricing.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    In response to #642, I read somewhere that the four year free maintenance program was dropped in April of this year for 2006s. Seems strange to do so in the middle of a model year. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, has anyone been able to negotiate this back into a lease deal?
    Its is true. But this applies to all 2007 cars (so this includes 2007 cars that are currently out). I bought a 2006 in Aug, so my 2006 still includes full maintanance. My advice, buy 2006 if you still can.
    BMW and Merced was on the top of my list. I looked at the value and that Audi 2006s still had maintenance programs... I got mine at santa monica audi
    You can buy the maintenance program for the 2007 A4 for about 600 bucks. The 2006 would definitely be cheaper, especially since the dealers have incentives to sell them off, but don't forget that while you are buying a new car, it is a 1 year old model, and you will take an immediate hit from depreciation.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Thanks, bbydad. Good info.

I'm going to lease a 2006 A4 2.0T, since the MF Audi uses on them is excellent, the residual is decent, and the maintenance is still included, so the key factor is the price you can get on the car. I just want to find a CA dealer who will be very motivated to deal on the car and thus produce the best possible lease payment. Therefore I'm not as worried about depreciation as I would be if I were buying. The '07s would probably have a better residual if you leased, but would probably be a tad more expensive, and also have a higher MF, plus you'd have to factor in maintenance costs, so I think the better "value" if I'm leasing would be to go with the '06. Agree?

Any ideas on dealerships I should try? I'm in San Francisco, but I'll go anywhere in the state if the deal is worth it. Thanks!
    Audi Santa monica is great... I checked up the north CA and south bay as well as OC... Santa monica audi seemed liked the best to deal... good luck, email me if you need help...
    Sorry for the delay, that number was for Sunroof, Premium and Cold Weather package A4 Quatto 2006. The price was from Inskip in Warwick. They offer a VIP service to the Boston area where the come and pick up your car if you need service and leave you with a car. I found their info from the A6 forum. They were offering excellent deals on the 06 A6s.
    thanks for the info. did you do it? or are you upgrading to an A6? Do you think the VIP service is legit? Have you ever used it? Did you try closer dealerships to boston?
    thanks for the info
  • bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    Inskip's VIP service is at best average. Why would you want your car to have 120 miles round trip on it for service?
    good point. however, the alternative -- boston area audi dealers -- is not appetizing. brookline audi has horrible service and is not even open on Saturdays. I've heard that the audi in natick is also not good. that's the major sticking point when i consider taking the plunge for an audi
    That is exactly what stared my search for another dealer. My experience with the other "unamed" Audi dealer in the Danvers area has not been what I would call stellar. I got to visit them nine times in nine months with my A6. As far as taking the plunge on the A4, I decided to hold off, the warranty on my A6 is good for another 18 months, so I will wait until then as I have not had any issues in the last year. As far as the mileage, that's a price I would be willing to pay to not have to take time off to get my car serviced. I will be using them on my current car for a service visit before I purchase anything from them to check out their service department. My father in-law has been using the Nashua dealer for his last 4 Audis and has been pleased with them, so that is another option I might investigate.
    In general, I think Audi service departments have a lot of room for improvement, at least when compared to the other companies they aspire to be like (e.g. MB or BMW). It has made me very hesitant to buy an Audi although I love the cars and I think the provide more value than the competition.
    Aren't they supposedly giving dealer money on the remaining 2006 inventory?

Are they gone?

Or people prefer to lease and the dealer money doesn't apply for leases?
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    BoardwalkAG in Plano, TX Is having a 06 clearance event. The base models are about $4400.00 off, and a S4 with a MSRP of 53K was 45K and change :surprise:

Hope this helps someone.

DL
  • bmworaudibmworaudi Member Posts: 5
    Can any one give me the most current Money Factor and Residuals on a 2007 2.0T A4 CVT. Thanks. I've searched on roadfly and I can find the most recent. Someone has Aug posted but some of them look wrong.
    -SC