Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• kranierikranieri Member Posts: 2
    My only finding is that it seems that when the cluch runs too hot they fail. Our flie wheel( i think that is what it is called) was cracked it two pieces. This happened when my husband was driving on the highway for an hour and a half on a very hot day. I have seen other posts about cluch problem and they seemed to have been highway driven. I believe Audi has a bad clutch!!
    Does anyone know if the A4 clutch is the same as the A3 clutch? Just wondering.
  • davidgrdavidgr Member Posts: 1
    I'm totally confused about using the AM/FM radio which is built into the Nav system of my 2006 A4. I like to have the Navigation map active when I drive... even if I'm not getting directions. I can turn on the radio and switch to the map and everything is fine. The problem is how do I turn of the radio but keep the map onscreen. If I turn off the power the radio shuts off, but so does the map. I can't figure out how to just turn off the radio.
    My only option, as far as I can tell, is to switch from radio to CD6 where I don't have a CD loaded, or just turn down the radio volume using the control on the steering wheel or power/volume on the Nav.

That seems crazy! Does anyone know how I can just turn off the radio? Thanks!!
  • mapattmapatt Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an Audi A4 in October 2004 with a standard transmission. After 4,000 mile the clutch transmission failed. Audi claimed that this was due to driver error and insisted that I pay for it. After replacement, the clutch lasted another 10,000 miles. In 14,000 miles, I have spent over $5000.00 and lost 5 weeks of usage. Being an experieced standard transmission driver of over 30 years, I find their claims outrageous and a ploy to cover up a defective product at my, the owner’s expense. I hope you will will consider this lack of corporate integretity when making your next car purchase.
  • ian_pian_p Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I recommend that you keep your 330XI especially if it hasn't had any problems. I purchased my A4 new in Dec 05 (2.0T quattro w/6MT) and have had nothing but disappointing dealer service experiences since. Car has 5,700 miles on it and has been in the shop for different problems at least six times. Now the car has vibrations at 60+ mph that two different dealers in the Washington DC area can't seem to fix. They agree that there are vibrations but seem either unwilling to spend time to identify the problem and fix it or they know but don't want to deal with it. My brother has a 2002 330CI and he has had no problems either. Based on my experience, I think you are better off with your current BMW or a new one. At this point, I can't recommend Audi.
  • samueldsamueld Member Posts: 6
    Hay Shevi,

Hows it going? I've been very busy and havent read any post. But now I am. Your battery issue well I have had to replace my battery also and it was all my fault I kept charging my cell phone even though the car was off not good I found out. There are other reasons why batteries die, old age, bad battery. And one of the worst is when your car has a draw, either something is draining the cars battery ie light being on in trunk seen that, or other items. Hopefully yours was just old age. As far a you check engine light my car did the same thing same code and my friend who works for a dealer replaced the vacuum line, he says it common so dont replace the MAF sensor. And if you want to fix it yourself most likely you can. e-mail me and I'll show you pictures of what happened to my car.

over the weekend I drove alot and a nail got into my rt rear tire so all the air went out and I had to change my tire on the road at 11pm talk about a hot tire, almost burned myself I guess I shouldn't have been speeding. next morning my garage door had a mind of its own and closed on me while I was going out. so I have a good size dent on my hood oh well. changed my spare tire today that wasn't cheap and have to find someone to repair my dent. talk to you soon :shades:

-------> David

p.s 117000 and going strong
  • samueldsamueld Member Posts: 6
    Hay Ray

Sorry been busy. Check my profile again. My email address is there...

----------> David
  • shevis_audishevis_audi Member Posts: 14
    Hey David,
    I missed you! Glad you came back. Well anyway, that sucks about your blown tire. Dude, i was on the side of the road about a month ago, because Both of my right side tires blew when i ran over this small, round black metal thing which i Thought i had missed. I walked to the Wawa, since my cell phone is off, and i called some tow places, i Initially only saw that ONE tire was blown. I got a price of like $90 just for them to tow it about 4 miles to this Supercenter Walmart that i go to sometimes. I finally got a tow estimate that was like $70 and the guy just so happened to be in the area (Umm, actually i think i had decided to just go with a tire change, remembering that i had a spare). I got back to the car and saw that as he was messing with/lifting the car, and thats when i saw the other tire was flat, so i was like "What can i do??" since i only had One spare tire. He was like "Well theres really nothing you can do except get a tow" then he called up a few places/people he knew and apparently was trying to get a cheap estimate for me. I ended up getting a tow for about $75, which wasnt cheap, but slightly cheaper than the norm i guess. *Maybe i already told you guys this sorry...ah well* I ended up getting to the Walmart and they were saying that a they didnt even have Goodyear Assurance and that the cheapest one they could get me would be like $65 or something, then this guy thats worked on my car many times before popped up (he said he was on his lunch brake when i first got there and thats why i ddint see him) and he ended up finding that they Did have some Goodyear ones, so they just charged me as if it the tires were bought There/under warranty and i only paid about $9 for TWO new Goodyear Assurance tires. They had done something like that for me before, but in that case, i only had one tire, which wasnt Blown, but had a nail in the sidewall so it was going to have to be trashed. But this last time, my tires were Shredded. My little story was meant to make you feel better, but in maybe it didnt - seeing as how i didnt have to pay much for my tires, and you did. I have never even changed a tire...guess its a good thing to learn to do. Im sure its easy. But it seems like it would be really hard at Night (if you dont have a flashlight, etc etc). My battery did go dead again - this was about a month ago, i dont think i made a post about it..i dont know. I was outside for Forever..since im not one to flag people down...thought maybe someone would stop out of the goodness of their heart seeing as how i had the hood up, but no one did. Yeah, i think i did talk about this in a post already. So, yeah, i got the $120 something dollar battery, and the car has been starting up Just Fine since then. Its still having the shaking which actually feels/sounds like the engine is about to cut off/struggling to stay on ...is that what Yours sounded like?? Although, maybe you fixed yours before it got to that point - mine wasnt sounding so bad the first 2 weeks to a month of it starting. I'll take your advice and not get the Mass Air Flow Sensor. I've read in this Chilton book or something, that i got from the library, thats its really easy to change the mass air flow sensor, hopefully its easy to to the vaccuum thing too.
    Sorry to hear about the dent. :( *Thinking of something that could make you feel better..* Well, my Bumper has been giving me probs again. The other day, i was out at this little shopping plaza. Im not one to pull my front bumper up on the curb anyway, but when i parked, i did go up just a little far. I glanced and it seemed like the bottom of the bumper wasnt touching the cement. But then when i got back to the car, and backed up, i heard this horrible sound, stopped the car, and saw that the bumper had amost Totally detached from the car, and the bigger/well, harder to reach problem - which i wasnt even sure if could solve by myself - was that the bottom part/cover had come down, but was still attached at the midsection. I did a series of tiny back ups/pull ups to finally get the plastic cover part from up against the cement, so that i could tuck it back under the underside of the bumper....and it looked like the sides of the bumper were going to cooperate enough and let me "snap" them back into place...so that was good...but it took a WHILE for me to get the black cover up and back under the bumper , all the while the people at the Starbucks across the way were probably Staring at me while i was on my knees and stuff. I thought back to how this one guy, one of the Walmart mechanics, said i could use Duck/Duct tape and that would temporarily remedy the situation. Hadnt taken his advice before (partly because this one Audi dealership finally helped me out by putting some nails int he right hand side, they couldnt do the left, and that kept the right hand side up, until this bumper incident, and partly because i Really didnt see tape helping), but i decided to...and walked to the Giant or whatever the grocery store was that was out there, and got some duct tape (it was like $6! Guess thats average, buts its still kind of expensive). And it did/has helped, although, as i suspected it would, the heat has apparently aided in the tape coming loose.

Gotta go...and i'll see about emailing you soon.

Thanks sweetie.

~Shevi
  • rix66rix66 Member Posts: 3
    Our A4 is now 3.5 years old and I was a bit suprized at the $90 bill for an oil change and state inspection. The oil change came in at $60. $30 of that was for the synthetic oil and the balance for the filter and labor. Does that seem high? I searched this forum and in 4/05 someone was paying $30 for an oil change for a 99 A4 at an Audi dealer.

Since I'm here, I also had a brakelight replaced. This is like the 8th or 9th brake/running/head light to go and I was whining about it and told them I was worried about paying for these when the car comes off warranty. He says "the lights go out on BMW's a lot too". Gee, thanks. Is there something up with my electrical system that they should fix while it's still under warranty? I'm going to be really whining when these are costing me $50-$100.

And finally, I've been trying to get the fuel pump recall replacement done for 3 months. Is there really a parts shortage or is my dealing feeding me a line? Audi 800 number was denying any shortage but it's hard to have a lot of faith in either one of them..

Thanks
  • chelle4chelle4 Member Posts: 7
    I was one of the fortunate ones (I suppose) who got Audi to replace my engine because of the oil problems, however I had to pay $543 to replace water pump, timing belt and ten rollers relay. After getting the car back, now the NEW engine has a leak! All of the coolant is leaking out and I am now being told that I need to pay another $375 to fix this problem on the new engine. They are telling me that they took an old part and placed on the new enigine and that is where the leak is coming from. I do not understand how I am responsible for a leak on the new engine. Could anyone help me with this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! By the way, the part is $11.00 the remainder is labor.

Chelle
  • rjadcrjadc Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a certified 03 A4. Airconditioning blows hot air, took it in and am told it meets Audi standards. This is my first Audi, do they blow cold air at all?
  • terrikay1964terrikay1964 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for audi owners that have had cam adjuster seal leak repair work done. This repair ran me $573 and was identified when my car was brought in for a coolant flange leak at 50,123 miles. My car had been into the dealership for the 50,000 mile service, still under warranty, just weeks earlier. I did get some assistance with the coolant flange repair. No help was offered with the cam adjustor seal leak, however. I have been told that this is a top 5 warranty repair and Audi has a policy of not identifying these leaks until they are "catagory 3" leak, which means oil is dripping into the engine compartment. My seal leak was at a "catagory 2" (visible moisture, but not dripping) when it was identified as a service issue. On a side note, I also recently had an ignition coil failure at 50,400 miles, which required towing. On this repair, I was told Audi is now using a different ignition coil part than they one used to replace coils under the recall program. Total out of warranty repair work costs at 50,400 miles are now $1,000.
  • terrikay1964terrikay1964 Member Posts: 2
    On auto, my 2002 A4 doesn't blow cool air when the inside temp. is set relatively close to the current outside temp. Seems to works fine in cool and hot weather.
  • sirjeffsirjeff Member Posts: 1
    I have an Audi A4 2005 with the same problem.

My car must have been 'tapped' during parking - I saw no visible bumber damage. The dealer says there is a cut on the bumper. There is an aluminum pipe RIGHT BEHIND THE BUMBER that cracked. This is part of the AC. My PLASTIC radiator mount was also cracked. The dealer charged me around $2000 to fix these and to redo the bumber.

WHY DOES AUDI MAKE THE CAR WITH FLIMSY MATERIALS THAT ARE PLACED RIGHT BEHIND A BUMPER ? DON'T YOU EXPECT A BUMPER TO BE BUMPED ?

Audi USA were no help. The dealership in NJ has taken 2 weeks. By the way - they couldnt find the problem the first time I brought it in.
  • joyrider147joyrider147 Member Posts: 69
    I'm looking to buy a 1988 Audi 90 Quattro AWD. It is really great looking with low mileage, and a nice price. Only problems is the engine misfires and the ABS warning light is on.

Does that mean I have to change the ABS wear sensors on the brakes just like on BMWs? Or is there any other possible problems with Audi's ABS systems?

What about the engine misfires? What can be wrong with the engine? How much would it cost? How many times does this happen to Audi's? Would I have to keep sinking cash into the car?

How well are these Audi's? Are they as bad as the very old models of VWs? Or are they as reliable as the older model BMWs? Should I go for this?

Or, if not, should I go for a 1991 Saab 900s 2 door? How reliable are Saabs? Are their engines good, durable, and powerful?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You don't want either of these cars IMO. the older Audis are very expensive to repair and the two problems you mentioned could easily bury you.

The early Saab 900s are prone to head gasket and transmission failure. The bottom ends of the engine are very durable but generally they are not a particularly reliable car---especially an old used one. Overheating, electrical glitchs, lots of body rattles, excessive front tire wear. They drive great and sell for cheap though, so are dangerously seductive.

Unless you have plenty of extra cash for a "car hobby", stay away from the older Saabs and Audis, would be my friendly advice. If you have another car to rely on, then an old Saab turbo might be fun as a second car. The Audi 90 is pretty dull to drive overall, not like the newer ones which are more fun and more reliable.
  • gdb20gdb20 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2001 A4 1.8 and is getting close to 60,000 miles. I know it is a good pactice that the TB is replaced around that mileage. I was wondering if anyone had done recently and how much does it cost. Is there anything else that need to be done? such as water pump..etc. I still have extended warranty until March next year. will the dealer cover break down du to TB if I wait to do it until the warranty is up.
  • jormerodjormerod Member Posts: 4
    Please would someone recommend an all season tire that has a reasonable life and hadling/ride compromise for a guy who is way past his boy racer years.
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    I have some questions about the A4 1.8T Ultra Sports Package. I think that it is only available on the 2004 model year, is this true? Also, what does the package include besides the (very cool looking) visual upgrades. Another thing i would like to know about is the A4 reliability. Consumer reports rates 2004 and 2005 model years much better than the others, so i just wanted to make sure that the held up well and see if anyone has had any problems with theirs. (If anyone actaully owns a Ultra Sports Package a4, i would greatly appreciate it if they could share their views about the car (how it drives, eronomics, etc...). Thanks :)
  • jloukajlouka Member Posts: 5
    Hey
    I seem to be having similar problems with my 2004 A4 and I thought it was just me. Other people I talk to seem to love their A4's and I cant wait to get rid of mine. I also leased mine from Audi of Smithtown . . . actually i'm on my 2nd a4. My first one had so many problems I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and had an arbitration hearing with Audi. They ruled in my favor but unfortunately did not cancel my lease but I did get a new A4 out of it. Anyway, any news on the glove box issue? Mine broke today!!
    When is your lease up?
  • donnaedonnae Member Posts: 3
    I've had this repair plus 1000 others with my 2002 A4 1.8T. Most recently, my turbo is about to go out and that along with the other repairs I need to have done are going to cost me 3200 dollars. I am getting rid of my car in a couple of weeks. I just found this message board today and its amazing I've had every problem listed here with my car. The exact same thing happened to me that happened to you. I had to pay!
    This is incredible. My glove box broke 1 month ago. Can anyone tell me or give me any suggestions for what I should do about my car. It was a gift from my husband for my birthday in 2002 and I have had so many things go wrong it. How long did it take the BBB to file in yoru favor?
    I hadn't heard of any engine oil problems BUT my engine had sludge in it and I was told it was my fault..... they repaired it for nothing but didn't repair it fully. I have to go in to get oil changes every 2000 - 3000 miles. Is there an official law suit out with Audi on their engine/oil problems?
  • jloukajlouka Member Posts: 5
    The whole process took maybe 2 months? The actual decision took less than two weeks after the actual arbitration, then audi claimed they couldn't locate the exact vehicle i had (because the color was very popular with the package combinations) so they ordered one from Germany, which took 12 weeks! I can not wait to get rid of it once and for all!!!
  • rapowitzrapowitz Member Posts: 12
    Try Pirelli Nero Zero A/S. I put a set on my 2001 A4 1.8T. I have had excellent luck and highly recommend. While not the top summer sport tire, they represent a great blend of handling plus bad weather (I.e rain) handling. Maybe even the occasional snow fall. Last, instead of getting 20K miles, you might expect 35K to 40K miles. They won't break the bank either.
  • mrchancemrchance Member Posts: 2
    Hey all,
    Serious problem here. I am changing my rear brakes and have found that my clipers don't want to retract at all. I have the special pronged tool to screw them back in, but for all I am worth, and all the turns in the world they will not retract. What is the secret???
  • mrchancemrchance Member Posts: 2
    Oh yeah,

This is a 2003 1.8 T quatro. If it makes a difference.
  • seagraveseagrave Member Posts: 21
    I have a 2006 A4 2.0 CVT, brought it in to the Santa Monica (CA) Dealer on Monday 8-7-06 for Tranny slipping. This occurs when at a stop and giving the car a little gas the car does not move for 2-3 seconds and then the turbo kicks in. After a week (8-14-06), Audi diagnosis the issue as the Valve Body needs to be replaced. Long story short, the dealer is finally finishing the valve body replacement tonight, they are test driving tonight and cold test tomorrow morning. Will know more tomorrow.

Questions:
    1. Has anyone on this board experienced this issue? Did they solve it by replacing the Valve Body?
    2. Do others have the same issue with this dealer (Santa Monica) dragging their feet when repairing a vehicle?
  • rbenjrbenj Member Posts: 4
    A few times, the climate control on my '04 Avant has gone from blowing cold air to warm air for maybe 10 seconds before going back to cold; I don't know why. I've also noticed warm air from the vents when the climate control is set to Econ, but this is usually on starting up when the car has been driven recently; I assume that engine compartment heat is the cause, and anyway it goes away within half a minute.

Other than these quirks, my car has cold air (not freezing cold) when I want it and have chosen the appropriate settings.
  • jabroninatorjabroninator Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue. I have had the car into Audi twice and they have not been able to reproduce or diagnose. Did this treatment solve the problem for you? If so, I will reccomend the same course of action to my dealer.

Thanks,
  • cjuricacjurica Member Posts: 7
    My wife has a convetable '03 A4 1.8 and there is a high revving sound all the time, I dont drive it everyday, she says its the sound is new and when i have driven it its very loud. Any ideas?????
  • derek0903derek0903 Member Posts: 2
    Having the same issue. By chance did you figure it out?

Derek
  • mjtolleymjtolley Member Posts: 2
    The brake pads and rotors needed to be changed on my front brakes for my 2001 Audi A4 recently. The car has 92,000+ miles on it. Ever since, there has been an intermittent “clicking” sound, when I step on the brakes. The repair shop initially thought that the rotors may have been bad, but nothing changed when they completely re-did the brake system, including replacing the calipers. The shop then had someone come in that specializes in Audi to look at everything. It all looks okay, but they indicated that this has been an issue that seems to come up, when the rotors and pads are replaced at the same time. They indicated that it usually takes around 1,000 miles for the pads to set in, and they noise then goes away. I have driven around 1,500 miles, but the noise is still there intermittently. Any suggestions to fix this problem, or do I have to just be patient until the noise goes away by itself.
  • mmanleymmanley Member Posts: 1
    I have an '04 A4 Cab. Oil changes at 10k, 15K, 25k, 32k and again at 35.7k miles. Dealer is blaming the "sludge" on me....engine is blown ! What do I do ? Someone help !
  • dls21dls21 Member Posts: 1
    At 82K miles, I've opted for some major maintenance.

I'm having the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, belts, etc. replaced.

The clutch hasn't been slipping, but it doesn't engage until the pedal is nearly all the way out. To save another trip back to my mechanic, I'm having it replaced at the same time.

My mechanic also found some control arms that need replacement.

To anyone with past experience with these types of repairs: any tips?
  • hydrocarbonhydrocarbon Member Posts: 16
    Hi,
    All this stuff sounds fairly similar to the issues that have come up on my '99 A4 2.8.
    I had the timing belt recently done. I paid $750 at a local shop for everything you mentioned.

The 1996-2001 A4s have high clutch engagements, only the first couple of inches when you press on the clutch does anything. Did the clutch engagement position change on you over time?

Control arms are a common issue too. I'm not surprised you're having them replaced.

And by the way, if your ABS light starts blinking, it is usually the controller module gone bad. You can get a new controller module for $550 ($750 installed), OR, if you're handy, you can remove it and send it to Modulemaster (www.modulemaster.com) and have them fix it for $250.

Oil cover gaskets often leak around now too.
  • derek0903derek0903 Member Posts: 2
    I noticed that my clutch has been that way since at least 50,000k maybe longer. I'm currently at 110,000k and still no slippage. I was told by someone that it is a self adjusting clutch and is supossed to be that way. So I never fixed it and it just seems fine to me...
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    :mad: I have gotten some relief from Audi regarding my engine problems. I actually have gotten a reporter who is interested in doing a story on the problems with Audi. If you are interested please send me an e-mail and I can pass it on to the reporter. He is doing the story on the engine sludge problem.

Chelle
  • mpls18tmpls18t Member Posts: 1
    Just curious what sort of engine problems you've had. I have a 2002 1.8t a4 and have noticed that there appears to be some sludge on the engine oil cap. I'm bringing it in to have it checked out tomorrow but will remain nervous driving the car knowing that the engines are so prone to these problems.

David
  • byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    Audi's extended oil change intervals have been a nightmare for more than a few folks. I've always used synthetic oil and changed it either every 5k miles or every six months, which ever comes first. I'm currently on my third A4 (an '06 with the two liter engine) and so far nary a trace of sludge in any of my Audis... and two of the A4's had modified engines.

So far my current '06, which recently had its one year birthday, has been perfect. And even last winter during the coldest weather, the car didn't have a squeak or rattle.

Audi has indicated that improved quality is a high priority and hopefully my car will prove to be the norm, not the exception.

Byron
    Hi, I have had my engine replaced by Audi and I am still having problems with the NEW engine. Be careful when you go into Audi, they are going to try to find a way not to replace your enigine. If you have all your records take them with you to show Audi.
    Hello all, I am looking for anyone in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area who has had problems with Audi regarding the engine sludge problem. There is a local news reporter who is going to do a story on this problem and is looking for others to interview. If this is you or if you know of anyone please leave me a message. Thanks
    what causes the sludge?
    Purchased a 2003 A4 Conv. Been in the shop twice. When starting to drive you hear a creaking/crunch sound under the car. First they said it was a suspension arm, they changed it. Took it back again and they said its the sway bar, changed a part and now still a noise. Has this happened to anyone? is is dangerous?
  • mohsinicmohsinic Member Posts: 3
    I changed the thermostat , waterpump, and the 50 AMP Fan relay that tells the fan to turn on when it starts heating up, while we were changing the thermostat we also ran a water test on the unconnected radiator and water was gushing out from the other end when put on running water. There is also an Auxiliary Fan Switch that I have ordered online. But my problem is that I do not know what is causing the heating.
    Condition of Overheating:
    The upper radiator hose gets really hot but the lower radiator hose stays cool and I cannot determine what is causing this/or is this normal?. We can safely say that the radiator is working normal. We also bypassed the heater core cause the dealership told us that it might be stopping the water from circulating thru the entire system. The axuiliary fran is not turning on so that is why we ordered the aux. fan switch. Can any body tell me what else I need to do to normalize my heating problem.
  • alexsalalexsal Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I too have an A4 2001 and my car makes that same noise ever since I got my front brake pads and rotors changed. Have you gotten this fixed?

Thanks, Alex
  • 123scoop123scoop Member Posts: 1
    i recently purchased a used audi a4 and as of today needed to have a tire replaced (i got two nails in it). My tool box is missing the "clip" as the towing man called it to be able to change the tire. Is it difficult to acquire one? are they different for each individual car? will it be very costly to order one? the nearest dealership is in the next town and id prefer to know before i trek out there. if anyone has a clue..help please!
  • inds_flamesinds_flames Member Posts: 4
    I was just wondering how you made out in small claims court?
    Still have my clutch pressure plate which I believe had a manufacturing defect, and therefore a Safety issue for Audi.
    Looks much like the A4 clutch shown here and also believed to be a Audi manufacturing defect.
    http://www.clarity.net/~paul/images/a4_clutch/
    Statrting to look like a class action lawsuit
  • andylee2andylee2 Member Posts: 1
    Following 4-5 unscheduled visits for other repairs, the tranny on my dad's A4 self-destructed after less than 32,000 freeway miles. Out of warranty by a few months, and Audi said you're on your own ($1900). Is this a way to build following?? Back to Toyota/Lexus. Audi: go to heck.
  • 4bond4bond Member Posts: 4
    bring your car to oil change at least every 5000 miles-this is the advice i got from Euless AUDI TEXAS.
    By the way,..have you experienced any burned oil smell?-when you park the car for example?!
  • 4bond4bond Member Posts: 4
    what is the sollution for the burned oil smell? I own a new A4 2005.I have seen at least 3 people with the same problem so far .