Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti I30/I35 Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• Hi all.
    My name is Eugene and live in San Francisco Bay Area. I am a one happy camper since November 2001, when I bought my I-35. It is gold exterior with beige interior. I got a sunroof package and added rear splash guards and side sills. The car looks fantastic and drives superb. I could not believe that they priced it below I-30t. Was waiting for it for 6+ months and had a great experience at the dealership while buying it. The service was excellent.
    Did not have any problems with the car so far... except the fact that I blew a tire and getting a new one is impossible (see message # 3 in Problems & Solutions).
    Good driving to all of you.
  • Hi,
    my name is Kari and I live in Austin, Texas. I got my I35 at the end of September, one of the first cars in. It is Bright Silver with Willow interior. It just has the sunroof package and mudguards. I have slightly over 4000 miles on it. I have been very pleased with it and with the dealership as well.
    Cheers,
    Kari
  • adpin3adpin3 Posts: 5
    Hi all,

My name is Allan, in New Jersey, and I just took delivery of my I35 on 1/15/02, and wouldn't you know it - it snowed three days later!! Traction control worked as advertised, and so did the ABS. My car is the silver/graphile with cold weather pkg and sunroof/sunshade and mudguards. What an awesome car for the money. This is my first Infiniti, and probably not my last.

My only problems with the car are nit-picky: I agree with the others that the clock and radio displays are hard to read at night if you turn down the dimmer all the way. I also found that the switch for the heated steering wheel is awkwardly located, and wish you could set a temperature level (cold or scalding hot are a bit extreme). I figure I will only use the heated features for a couple of months a year, so it's not that big of a deal.

One questions for anyone out there: Can anyone get their Homelink system to work with their garage door? I tried everything that the manual said, with no darn luck.

Glad to be part of the group!!!!

Happy driving!
  • The homelink system definitely works...I've been using mine since the first day I brought it home. It's been three months...but my recollection is that it only took me about 15 minutes to program.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014
    From the PR department:

"A reporter is trying to find consumers who've traded up from mass-market brands (e.g. Toyota, Chevy, Ford, etc.) to luxury nameplates. He says, "I'm not looking for lottery winners, just regular folks who wanted more car." If you have a story to share, please send it to me at jfallon@edmunds.com. It is helpful for you to include your e-mail, phone number and city/state of residence when you respond. Deadline for submission to this one is March 6. Thanks as always for your input!"

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• driverddriverd Posts: 1
    I just purchased an infiniti I30T. Its dark green with tan leather and every available option. I got a great deal (I think). I paid $8,800 for a 96 with 75000. Taking into consideration the car is flawless, no exaggeration, the car is perfect. The previous owner had all records from his infiniti service center and treated it like an new born baby. The private party value was $10,200, so I am satisfied with my purchase. I was dead set on buying a Maxima, and knew nothing of Infinitis'. I stumbled upon my car and liked the subtle changes between the maxima and the I30. The I30 is a much better looking car plus all the little extras are nice. I am so glad I did not purchase a Maxima. I almost purchased a few 96-97 Maxima GXE and SE's for the same amount I paid for my I30T. You see maxima's all over the road and the infiniti is much more unique. I have the 5-speed and it is a blast to drive. I am going to tint the windows and put 17" wheels on the car. My question is what would be the correct size for low profile tires to properly fill up the wheel wells? I don't want to have too much room between the tire and the car. I am thinking of either 225/50 R17 or 235/45 R17. I am on the right track or should I reconsider? I would really be interested in finding some O.E. late model Infiniti 17" wheels, that would be sweet, but I will probably just order from TireRack.com. I am so proud of my new car, I feel like a new father, or an adoptive parent (because my car is used). Looking forward to years of driving pleasure.
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 265
    I'm in Austin and looking at I35 very seriously. Any impressions of dealership service dept?
  • kd6aw1kd6aw1 Posts: 116
    Hi Gang,

Hope I am not intruding, love the I35 also. Bought my G35 one month ago and love it. Named her Gi Gi. This is the best car I have ever owned. Gi Gi is a garnet red color, has the luxury package with the wonderful navigation unit. The gal in the box has a very sweet voice and keeps me from getting lost. I just changed the oil at 940 miles and am using 5w30 mobil 1 oil. I had a Maxima before and had 200,000 trouble free miles on it when I sold it. Even at 200,000 miles it didn't use any oil so I wouldn't think of using anything else. Enjoy reading your posts and wish everyone good lusk with their cars.

Paul Babcock
    El Cajon, California
  • karz10karz10 Posts: 106
    Well looks like I'm responding a little late, but since nobody else did.....I am not the best resource to answer your Q, but will give my 2cents. I owned a 96 Maxima, and had very good luck with it, putting 130,000 miles on it by last Aug and selling it at that time for over $9000, without ckng the boards, sounds like you got a good deal, even though mine was a GLE auto, and you have the 5 speed, that is more than made up for by the fact it's an Infiniti and only has 75,000 mi. I bet the 5 speed is great.

For the tire issue, look at the '01 '02 I30/I35's tires, that should be a good guide. It's the middle of the night or I'd go look at mine and tell you what I have on there, but I like the way the 17's fill the well. Depending on what rims you get, you could probably get away with a SLIGHTLY wider tire, would look good, just make sure w/ a tire store or dealer you're not going too wide before you order them from tirerack. Keep in mind for example, the '01 I30t's like mine have a 40ft turning radius vs (as I recall) a 36ft on the 16's. Make sure you're not going to rub the wells.

Also, maybe post your question in the sedans I30 board, if you haven't already, maybe someone there would get rid of their 17's if they're going bigger or smaller, who knows?

Good luck!!
    Karz
  • Hey guys, I just signed up (my first post!) but I'd like to identify myself with my fellow driving brethren ;-).

Anyway, I got my I35 a couple months ago as a High School Graduation present. It's black with chrome wheels, sport package - pretty much every option except for NAV and the winter package. I've put about 5000 miles on it and I am ABSOLUTELY in LOVE. The car is so powerful (maybe too powerful for FWD), handles very well for its size, and IMO has very nice brakes. The tiny little creature comforts inside also coddle me and dazzle my friends. It is definitely a nice/fun/reliable car.

Thanks all! Hope to see more of you around the forums.

John
  • Hi, my name is Bill. I just purchased a 1999 I30 with 21,000 miles. I bought it from a private party and got a great deal (Luxury car taste, compact car budget!). The car is is in very good condition and I love the ride! It has heated seats, traction control, and a spoiler as the extras. However, I really enjoy the Bose stereo! I look forward to a great relationship with my I30. I also own a 1993 Nissan Altima with 203K miles. So, I expect my I30 to keep me satisfied for a long time. Would appreciate any feedback on the longevity of I30s.
  • Hello, I have owned my 1997 I30 for over 2 years now. Don't know if anyone is keeping up with this message group anymore. My I30 has 123k miles. Still runs like a champ! I have driven/rented several other makes and models and my I30 always comfortably welcomes me back to the cabin.
    Joe, Illinois
  • oman9oman9 Posts: 97
    I'm the original owner of the above car, 86K miles on it and it still runs and looks brand new (knock on wood). I keep it up real well re: maintenance every 5K miles and washing/waxing etc.

Looking forward to more years with this car, it's been great!

Always take it to a good Infiniti dealer for service, they know the car the best and if your dealer is good, it's a no brainer to use them...
  • I purchased an I30 with only 4500 miles, but the car had a rebuilt title. Can anyone tell me how the company views a rebuilt title, I would think that the warranty is void but the company would handle any recall issues, Can anyone comment.

Second Question, I am experiencing a whining noise after the engine is turned off. I believe it is the motor mounts, as I saw a TSB bulletin on this subject. Does anyone know what is involved in replacing these and can someone besides the dealer handle such a project>>?

Please email me at: theleibo@adelphia.net

Thanks Everyone for your assistance!!!!
  • psrinivpsriniv Posts: 39
    Folks at town hall, I finally bought a 2003 Brilliant SIlver/willow I35 on saturday. Paid 28k. Pkg included sunroof/sunshade, cold pkg, trunk mat and splash guards.
  • nefousenefouse Posts: 1
    I just bought my I35 3 weeks ago. What a great car. I compared it with the 525& 530i BMW. I feel that the I35 is just as good as those BMW's and its about $20,000 less. With the 255hp its quick and still has a smooth ride. ALL the options are great, I have the cold winter package, since I live in the mid west. The steering weel has a heater on it....wow! I think the i35 is the most underated mid-size sedan out there. my 1st new car was a g20,& now i35 next is the m45. Great cars and a great price.
  • lilelvislilelvis Posts: 82
    Cany you folks give me a little more info on your purchases, i.e. exact price, geographic location, etc. I am looking at essentially the same car that you bought psriniv. About a month ago I contacted a local dealer and said I was considering both the I35 and Maxima, but did not want to pay more than 2K more for a I35 (would have been about 27K). I'm thinking now is a good time to head over to the dealership. Also, did you guys cross shop the maxima and do you notice any differences? thanks for the help.
  • psrinivpsriniv Posts: 39
    My location is Richmond, VA. The invoice on the I35 I bought was about $28,841. I paid $28,000, which is about $800 below invoice. Moreover it certainly depends on your location, the no. of infiniti dealers around you and their present stock on hand. But still an I35 for $27K would be hard to come by the the above pkg's. YMMV. We have one infiniti dealership in our city. The next nearest dealer is about 100 miles. Check out inventory of dealers around you from the infiniti.com website. Their site is updated every night.
  • lilelvislilelvis Posts: 82
    I'm actually in N. Va and there are a few dealers w/n 50 miles. 28K sounds like a great price. I think I would probably consider going that high - at least now I have a ceiling. My initial argument was that I could get a GLE w/ cold and sunroof for 25K, so i didn't want to pay 30K just for a warranty, dealer, and thicker glass. Now that maximas have fallen to about 24, I think geting an I35 betwwen 27 and 28 is reasonable. And the closest dealer has a whole lot of them. By the way, anything in paticular steer toward the I35 rather than the max gle?
  • I drove the Maxima several times to compare to the I35. While the body and engine may be the same, things like noise insulation and comfort make up the difference.

I have a silver/graphite 2003 I35 with sport, heated, and sun packages. I love this car !! The dealer experience here in Eastern Mass. was awful--good thing the car sells itself despite the sales dept. We paid $31k, so it sounds like you've got a good deal coming ! My husband and I love the car, I want to drive it all the time! It has 1200 miles on it already and I haven't had it a month ! It has done great in ice and snow, the systems kick right in and the car plows through everything I've needed it to. Even the Nissan salesman up here said it was better to go the I35 than a loaded up Maxima. It is a different class of car and you will notice the difference as you drive. I did.

One thing we found out is the heated package doesn't come with the sport package anymore, so if you want the stability control like I did, you had better go get one while they are still out there. I gave up my color choice to get my packages. Heated seats up here are a must and the heated steering wheel is a major bonus.

Good luck !
  • linkarmlinkarm Posts: 4
    Just bought a new 2003 I35 in CT. No sport package or Comfort package, just base model with sunroof, splashguards and truck mat. Paid between $28,000 and $29,000 for car, plus they gave me 2.9% financing. And they gave more for my G20t trade-in than the Maxima dealer would give.

Ended up paying only $1000 more for the I35 versus the similarly equipped Maxima, and the I35 is a more refined car due to its little things that are better than the Max. The Mazda6 is a great drivers car, (was tighter to the road much like my 95 G20t) but a little small for a growing family. Plus dealer is great, and I have had a great experience with my G20t. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a larger car with performance and style. It is not a total "drivers car" but has a great blend of performance, luxury, roominess and price.
  • Looking to hook up with other Nav owners, shoot me an email.
  • I am shocked and disappointed. You may not of thought of this or even noticed or heard. I am alerting everyone. Stereo separation is poor in the I35. Compare to other cars much cheaper and see if they have better or superior separation of sound. I found this! In other cars, I hear sounds on the left, on the right and in the center. This is what stereo means. Separation of sound. The I35 does not have good separation. It has poor separation. It has full sound but poor separation of sound. An inferior system. I did not get what I paid for! Please describe your experience. See if you agree. Spread the message. Thanks
  • panela15panela15 Posts: 6
    hi! my name is neil and i am the proud owner of a black 2002 infiniti i35 sport model.my car is fully loaded and i couldnt be happier with it..........heated steering wheel,heated front and rear seats,rear spoiler..........id like to know what accessories both outside and inside that i may be able to get for my car.nothing too crazy though.im working on getting some chrome konig rims sometime soon,but would like to know where or what webstes maybe i can look at for accesories to my car............hope to hear from you soon....by the way i live in new york...........westchester county to be exact............see ya NEIL
    Welcome aboard!

Check the owners list for the accessories & modifications discussion.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

thats it! thats all you have to say?????????? tell me more about this website,theses discussions,etc.is there any live chat with other infiniti owners on here? if so when are they?................NEIL
    The best way to find all discussions for Infiniti I35 is by using the Browse by Vehicle search to your left. We do our best to categorize all of the topics in the Town Hall so that new members can find the discussions that interest them easily. As for an Infiniti specific chat, at this time we do not have one available, but you are always welcome to join any of our scheduled chats. Click on "Chat Schedule" at the top of the page for times.

Hope this helps!

thank you very much karen for your help!!!!!!!...........neil g.
  • lynnjlynnj Posts: 1
    I am nearing 60,000 miles on my 2001 I30 and seek advise on tires to consider. The tire dealer says the Goodyear RSA's that came on it are very good. How about Michelin MXV4 sold at Sam's Club. I got recommendations for Michelin's at Sam's for my Toyota Sienna van and they have performed very well.
  • I recently purchased a 2001 i30. I noticted the touring model has a cdrack in the trunk. Is their an after-market rack which can easily be installed in the trunk. I did see the wires in my trunk where the touring rack was located, however the wires did not terminate there.

Any advice? Thx.
This discussion has been closed.