Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Owners Photo Gallery

2»

Comments

• frag235frag235 Member Posts: 81
    You have an EX 6-banger? I have an 04 EX-L 4-cylinder auto sedan.....will the bars still fit?
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    the part numbers on the site are those of the dealer. they can't use the Honda part numbers for some copyright reason that would then affect costs...who knows. Call the fellow I mentioned. He'll walk you through the drawings. Parts 3-6 I believe. Brackets and Bars.

Yes, they will fit the 4cyl. car too.

tim
  • figelwumpfigelwump Member Posts: 34
    anyone have pics of a 2003/4 blue or graphite accord? trying to decide between these colors...

thanks
  • ken972ken972 Member Posts: 162
    There are a couple on the honda site. I was down to these 2 colors as well. I went to a dealer on a sunday a couple of times and tried to pick one over the other. I went with graphite..it was tough.
  • frag235frag235 Member Posts: 81
    I think I'll start with the rear bar like another poster here. The TL front bar isn't much bigger then the one I have now and the tower bar install looks a bit more difficult then my skill level (you have to remove the crowl/wipers to access four nuts).

One more question though....did the 17 wheel/tire package harm the ride much?
  • five0ninerfive0niner Member Posts: 4
    We also chose between the blue and the graphite... Graphite Pearl is what we decided to go with... dark gray leather... we love it, no regrets!

These came off the scanner a bit dark... no time to fix, sorry.
  • linh84linh84 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Tlauro are you going to lower your accord? I have a graphite pearl exl sedan and I want to lower it but I'm just wondering how much will it improve my accord's handling. I just ordered the eibach prokit and should be getting it next week. thanks
    No, I don't plan on lowering it. I would by 1" if I could get the springs and dampers from the Honda Performance Kit from the Coupes seperately, but since I can't...nope.

It will help performance, but you will likely need to replace the dampers over time and depending on how low, you may need a camber kit for the rear end.

Overall a lower center of gravity will help performance, but I'd rather keep my stock height and use performance springs that have a higher load capacity without the drop.

If I had larger than 17" rims I would probably have to drop it though.
  • slawendaslawenda Member Posts: 101
    Has anyone actually purchased/installed the optional metal trim for their Accord interior? I can only find one picture of it on the internet, and unfortunately the only picture is on an otherwise beige interior--a poor combination in my opinion. I was wondering what it would look like with the black interior, especially the EX models. If anyone has it or especially if you have a picture of it, please share your comments and/or photos! Thanks.
  • luvmyaccord5spluvmyaccord5sp Member Posts: 61
    Does anyone own a Blue 4 door 03 that has been tinted? If so can you e-mail me pic's of it? Send 'em to: [email protected]

I am looking to do my whole car but I am not too sure how tint will look on the ride. Any help would be great!
  • jayhawkjayhawk Member Posts: 12
    I bought a set of Acura TL 17in rims/tires off a brand new car from the Acura dealership for $500 installed. I really like the look of the new wheels on my Accord EX V6, the car does ride firmer, better ride in my opinion. But I am interested in lowering the car a little for looks and handling improvements. Which parts should I look at replacing? Aftermarket or does Honda/Acura offer a package? What will this do to my warrenty if I do lower the car, I only have 800 miles on the odometer. Thanks for any help...
    You can look at Eibach, Tein (one of the best) or Comptech sport springs. Neuspeed is yet another option. I believe Honda's performance package on the coupes is made by Neuspeed too.

Keep in mind that most will require you get a camber kit for the rear tires and thus a full alignment afterwards too. I'd wait about one week before you get the alignment and drive the only locally after getting the drop kit installed. This will give the car a little time to settle on the new springs a bit. Local drives and low miles won't wear down your tires to any measurable extent.

You will also be best to replace the stock dampers too. They will wear out in less than a few months to a year as they will be operating outside their range. Eventually, you'll notice they will bounce a bit more and more....IMO, get new ones right away and do it right.

All depends on what you want and want to spend. Eibach Pro-kit gives the sedans a more even look from what I've seen. I like Koni Yellow dampers...best out there for handling. About $600 for all four, but well worth it.

I'd suggest starting with a new sway bar and the 6 speeds strut brace to enhance the handling. The sway bar I used is off the 6 speed TL. Next, upgrade the rubber to something Z Rated and if you're like me....all season....either Pilot Sport AS or me...I went with Continental ExtremeContacts and love them.

Good luck.
  • jayhawkjayhawk Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the advice, I will start with the brace and go from there.
    Good information, I was looking to do the same! Many thanks.

So far I have done the rubber and rims (sitting on 18's) and I must say the car is starting to show its racing DNA. Once I get the sway bar in I am gona be a kid in a candy store!!!

Did you have any trouble with your HID's? I am looking to do a set but I have seen some VERY poorly focus ones that look like $h it :)
    no issues at all with the HID's. The focus issue you reference could be that they are using HID's on a vehicle with a poor reflector to begin with. The 7th Gens have a good design and don't scatter the light in a poor manner at all. Thus they won't cause any glare. Also, consider staying with temps no higher than 5000k. Mine are 4300k I believe. That's pretty much pure white. Anything higher just adds color and actually reduces the usable light you'll have.
    Thanks for the HID info. I totally agree with you on the 5000k or less temp. The really blue 6000k (?) looks cheap, and the whole idea for my switch is so I have MORE white light. So you are running the 4200k and they are white white? Do you know what BMW or Mercedes uses for temp? I like that look too.
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    My HID's are 4300k and are pure white. The look of MBZ or BMW's are likely due to the projector lens set up.

There are two aftermarket Projectors for the Accord, but they use a different bulb set up and from what both manufacturers wrote to me...the HID version of that bulb runs too hot to use. I'll pass and would rather use HID in my stock set up than halogens in projectors. I prefer the brighter whiter light than a nice clean cut-off of yellow.
  • emgomezemgomez Member Posts: 4
    Great looking car! How did you post your pictures?
  • teknotekno Member Posts: 2
    well actually its already perfect, a one owner 2.2 EX 5sp, 140K miles, but these are the mods I have planned first...i need guidance as to what order to do them in and any special hazards I need to be aware of,
    neuspeed softsport .75" lowering springs
    17X7s with 205 45 17s
    intake, cold air or short ram?
    exhaust, header/downpipe?, high flow cat?, catback?
  • akl88akl88 Member Posts: 26
    Hey Hac,

How much did you get those wheels from Honda? Because those wheels look nice.
  • ani4aneye8ani4aneye8 Member Posts: 1
    my car equipped with 19" Motegi FF7- Silver rims on Fuzion ZRi tires...I plan on lowering it about 2 inches also and putting the Honda aero kit on it as well, i will post the pix as soon as that is completed.

link title">">
  • gt4me79gt4me79 Member Posts: 2
    I live in powell TN and now own my first honda a 1979 honda accord lx cvcc. It is much better than any older car I have EVER owned. Unfortunately we will have to sell it. According to NADA vintage value it is worth approx 1700-3600. It is very clean (almost perfect inside) with a very straight body and the motor runs great and the five speed trans is fine too. Any thoughts on where on the web to advertise to be able to sell it in order for another honda fan to enjoy it? I can't find them listed anywhere for sale in all of the common places and know nothing about clubs and or forums out there (just bumped into this one)

Thanks for your help (please no flames...... really want some help here.... next car and many more ALL HONDA)

pics are at:
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cheapcycle_knoxville/lst

George
    [email protected]
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Try to sell it on Ebay.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    gt4me79:

The "Autotrader" website might be worth checking too.
  • walter666walter666 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2003 black accord!!
    for me the best color ( lots of work to keep it clean) but the best on hte streets
  • briyangitonbriyangiton Member Posts: 1
    Silver even though EVERYONE has one.

I'd like to put 18's on my 2003. Problem is I don't know if that'll be overkill... there must be a reason Honda doesn't make any OEM 18 inchers right? I like a more OEM/ "Stock" look to the car rather than an all out tuner which is why I'm really iffy on going all out on the 18's. The I really like the double spoke 17's that came as an option back in '03, but I see them everywhere and want to separate my car a bit... see my predicament? I'm way too picky, but that beside the point. Have any of you seen a coupe on 18's? Did it look like too much? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

If I do go with 18's, I'm thinking of the 2005 Acura RL performance package 18's on... but they come in at nearly 500 a wheel after getting ultra high performance tires. =/ any alternatives?

Here's a reference pic:

center cap comes out, so i could slot in the ones from my current rims.
  • chilldogchilldog Member Posts: 7
    Hello

I am considering buying a honda accord sedan EX-V6 spd sedan. Does anyone have any pictures of the interior? I'm curious how the carbon fiber trim looks inide of it. Also, when equipped with the navigation system, where are you able to adjust the speed of the climate control? do you have to go through the actual screens in the navigation to do this.
    Thanks Alot
    Anything will help
    Chill
  • rcc8179rcc8179 Member Posts: 131
    The Honda web site has a couple pictures of the carbon fiber trim around the gearshift. I saw a couple EX-V6-6MTs in person on a dealer's lot--through the window in locked doors (dealers in Indiana are all closed on Sundays--state law)--and thought it looked okay. Personally, I thing the faux-aluminum on my '03 EX looks better, but the carbon-fiber doesn't look too bad.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    The navigation system in the 03-05 Accords allow you to adjust the fan speed. When you push the A/C button on the right, the display shows 5 levels of fan speeds. Selecting one of the display button speeds overides the Auto mode, and allows you to select a different speed. The system still mantains temperature, it just doesn't change the fan speed automatically as needed.

I wish there was a easier way to change the fan speed.

I'm assuming the 06 uses the same setup.

Mrbill
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    It does do the same. However, you can also just use a voice command to set the fan level. Then you don't have to press anything on the dash.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Oh yea, I forgot about the voice command. That's something I need to take the time to learn the commands.

I don't remenber what I was trying to command, but I was getting frustrated and I finally yelled out "BITE ME"... Well, I just found another way to command the "A/C"

Mrbill
    lol... I can relate. After several vain attempts, I've heard myself yelling "THANK YOU!!" when she finally gets it right. Of course, most of the time I'm simply giving the wrong command. :)
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731

Family Photos:

That's my 1996 Accord LX; 165,000 miles now, and only a power door lock actuator is broken! Not bad, eh?
    The bike got me started with Hondas. My old 92 EX Accord, sold in 03 when I got the new Accord. It was a classy car back in the day.

Is that rosewood/red interior? We had the very same car before being totaled in a parking lot of all places! It had $14,000 damage from being slammed from behind and then into a lightpole! We got our 1993 EX then, and kept it for years.
    Is that rosewood/red interior?

Yes, Dark red interior. I had that car for 12 years, and 140,000 miles. It was a great car, and I still miss it. But after 12 years, I thought we deserved a new one. After that car, I was hooked on Honda. When I decided to shop for a new car, I was thinking Odyssey, then I test drove the EX V6 Accord, and I never looked back. Hooked again.
    Ah, I'll always miss our 1993 (maroon/grey interior) Accord EX Automatic. I grew up with that car! We traded it on an Odyssey in 2000 (it had 110,000 miles and still got $6,000 trade in), and it was never the same!
    I live down a busy street. So I made a sign, at put it (92 Accord EX) out by the road. Then I went to my brother's house. 10 minutes later, my wife calls. "Someone wants the car". So I go back home (1.5 miles) and sold the car, all within the hour. The Kelly Blue Book on it was $3,500 (140,000 miles, no oil leaks, and everything worked) but I would not have sold it for that much. I got $5,000 for it, and I still hated to see them drive away in it. You can become very attached to a car, after so many years of faithful service. The guy who bought it from me got it for his daughter, to drive to school in. He said he passed my house every day, and noticed how well I took care of it. All that TLC paid off.
  • larouselarouse Member Posts: 28
    Be careful tallman1 with the voice commands. If you yell BITE ME, the car actual bites. Belive me it happened to me.
    On a serious note, I learned if you do not yell, and give the command clearly, it ususally works very well. It takes a short while. I think the voice command feature is great.
    Well then by all means, never swear at it with young children in the car!

I use it off and on. I don't like the way the radio cuts out when you use it but it does come in handy. Saying "Trip Computer" can be easier than pressing "Info" and then "OK". With the great summer we've had here in the Pacific NW, open roof and windows sort of prevent me from using it much.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think it needs to know how to bite THEM. You know, "them" people who are irritating us because they are so absorbed in extraneous activities other than driving that they are in the way of those of us who prioritize driving safely over... well, I should stop here before this turns into an off-topic rant. :blush:
    I wish there was a easier way to change the fan speed.

I don't know about models with nav. But without nav, it's easy to increase the fan speed while in "Auto" mode. You just turn the temperature down to low. The A/C automatically switches to recirculate and high fan, then switches back when you turn the temp back to normal (72).
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    you can check out my pics over at my carspace (click below)

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Anyone with a new 08 Accord, take a picture, and share you ride with us!
This discussion has been closed.