Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sharathsimhasharathsimha Member Posts: 5
    A dealer offered a quote that she said was valid only if I also took their financing. She said banks pay dealers each time they bring in a customer, and they pay them even if the customer were to pay off the loan after a week. So thats why she said dealers offered better deals with financing v/s cash.

She says I could get a lower quote if I agreed to the financing and that I could always pay off the bank after the deal. And that there would be no closing costs (early payoff) either.

I smell a rat, so wanted to get some thoughts on this.

Thanks.
  • RicksterRickster Member Posts: 40
    I got mine at Conicelli. My sense was that I could have gotten similar deals at Sloane and Piazza. Sussman wouldn't go below $22,800. I think the key was that Conicelli had this car on the lot (and were therefore incurring floorplan loan expense on every day it wasn't sold).
  • kart83kart83 Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for delayed response.

Bought mine from Fremont. Got the Graphite pearl

~2K tax & licenses (8.75% tax ~238 DMV fees)
    370 (dealer oil change/tire rotation/20 point inspection for 5yrs/60K miles)
    21,500 OTD (also got the wheel locks for free) + dealer was ready to offer Honda Care for $1000 (80k/6yrs)

Overall buying experience was great. No pressure or deception on their part. Great Value!! in my openion

Thank everyone for their help, and this Forum has helped me tremendoulsy.
  • rajesh2rajesh2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am planning to buy a 2005 Honda Accord LX/EX. (area Stamford)

As dealers are clearing stock, they have offered me 15k for an LX. Is this a good price?

Now I am planning to look out for 2005 EX. Whats the best price I should look for? They gave me an offer of 20.5 K.

Thanks
    Raj
  • drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    has anyone in here leased an accord recently? I'm planning on doing this when my car comes in (should be this week) was just wondering what fees I should be paying (aqusition fees / bank fees) any fees I shoudl AVOID paying? just trying to get an idea of what I'm looking at for fees, and want to make sure I'm not being overcharged on teh fees (got a great price on teh car itself) thanks

-Nick
  • trevoraccordtrevoraccord Member Posts: 1
    End of the month I paid a little more than the lowest price ($18,748) to get the color combo I want and only 5 miles off the truck that morning. Put $5000 down and financed at 3.99%. This was at Honda of Hollywood in California.

Silver Exterior / Black interior
    Price: ............$19,000
    Tire Fee: ...........$8.75
    Doc. Fee: ..........$45.00
    8.5% tax: .......$1,571.21
    DMV (Est): ........$187.00
    ----------------------------------
    TOTAL: ............$20,811

------------------------------------
  • analystanalyst Member Posts: 1
    I think the doc fee is outrageous!
    "Documentation fee.........398"
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Come on down to Florida.....you think $398 is bad....that's average.......how about $499 & $599 for luxury cars!!!! Plus 6% sales tax!
  • ncstaten99ncstaten99 Member Posts: 5
    Just got another quote from Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA of $23,880 out the door. Awesome deal, let me know if you have gotten a lower price otd on this car.
  • ramidaramida Member Posts: 67
    Yeah, $398 for documentation fee is outrageously excessive! These Honda dealers here in the Cary-Raleigh-Chapel Hill, North Carolina, area are real suckers!

Avoid Leith Honda in Raleigh -- go to Cary Autopark Honda instead (relatively better people, relatively better service). Take note of the use of the word "relatively". :-) Cary Autopark Honda also charges $398 for documentation fee.

ramida
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Prices tend to be much lower in Florida, which is offset somewhat by the dealer fees. It all evens out.
    I finally got my accord after waiting about 2 1/2 months. Ex-L sedan 4cyl, 5 speed manual with Navi. it's so great. total price paid was 24,800 (including added and installed rear wing spoiler)+ fees of aqusition fee (595) dealer fees (90) reg. fees (180), security deposit (400) and first months payment (390) (total fees were 1595 which I paid up front). onyl thing I did't realize that it dind't include an auto dimming rear view mirror. I tried to get them to throw this in for 200 busk more (making total 25,000.) and the salesmen showed me a sheet saying it was 295 installed I said "can you do it for 200" he sort of cuckled (as he was going to fill out the rest of the paper work) and said "no". so I wasn't happy about that. other than that, it's a great car (getting the mirror somewhere else). probably another dealer.
  • stewpeanutstewpeanut Member Posts: 6
    picked up a lx se w/manual trans tonight.
    had 5mi on the odo, but already had the mystery 'paint and cloth protection', wheel/mud guards, fenderwell trim, wheel locks, and tint (dealer wanted well over $1k for all of his dealer options).

got the car for $19,409 with on OTD price of $20,850
  • gilnashgilnash Member Posts: 19
    sharathsimha - that's a great quote on a 2006 EX-V6, $23,500!. Edmunds shows a list price of $25,118. That's a quote of $1,618 below invoice. Do you have any advice on how to get such a good quote? I'm looking for the same car & plan to send out either emails or faxes to dealers soon. thanks
  • kev6873kev6873 Member Posts: 11
    live in Illinois and am considering the 2006 Accord EX v6 (leather?) or the LX v6. No other options except maybe a sunroof....

My question is 2 fold.

1. What is the target price I should be looking for for these 2 models? Also, what should the fees be roughly buying versus leasing? THank you.

2. If I were to lease, what should I look for as far as:
    MSRP + Dest -
    Selling Price -
    Residual Value -
    Money Factor -
    Target Lease Payment for 48 mos/12k -

Any other information I should be concerned about?

Thank you.

Kevin
  • tarptarp Member Posts: 3
    Just got an internet quote from a dealership for an 06 Accord 4 cyl NAV for 25,500. Is this a good price?
  • haefrhaefr Member Posts: 600
    "...am considering the 2006 Accord EX v6 (leather?) or the LX v6. No other options except maybe a sunroof...."

Leather and sunroof are standard on the EX V6.
  • jdangjdang Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone,

I am in Houston-TX and ready to buy a new 06 Accord SE/AT. I want to know the best deal in town. Please share your info if you can.

Thanks in advance

John
  • nkhan1nkhan1 Member Posts: 8
    Hey shahrathsimha!
    I am lookign exactly for the same car but not getting the quote u got. i got a deal for LX V6 06 Accord as 23,300. Please let me kno where u got this deal from?
    Hey !

The least quote so far i got for a Accord LX V6 is 23100 inlcuding destination charge (without TTL ). What is the least quote u ppl have got for an Accord EX V6 or LX V6 and from where? I am in Dallas/ ft worth area...pls help if u can. ASAP( i m looking to buy in the commign week) :cry:
  • nova_newfnova_newf Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an 06 accord EXL w/ Navi Auto 4cyl.

The starting price was $1000 under invoice ($23803), but the dealers were real jerks with their protection packages (wheel locks, mud guards, etc) they wanted $1995 for it. I laughed, and laughed at them. Beware of these packages. They typically only cost the dealer $150 to $200, but they charge $1500 to $2000 for it. Do your homework on the accessories as well as the car, that is where they try to stick it to you. Also skip the extended warranty stuff, It's all 100% dealer profit.

My final before TT&L price was $25,135, which included wheel locks, mud guards, rear deck lid spoiler, and window tinting. Which is $332 over invoice but with all those accessories. I can sleep at night paying that.
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    "... Also skip the extended warranty stuff, It's all 100% dealer profit...."

...you got that right. During purchase of HAV-6 EX coupe 6M this summer, dealer pushed hard (sales - finance tag team) for EW.............. starting at $2800 (then special today only $1800).....

...got EW online from one of the four most popular sources seen right on this very forum: $583.50........

..ez..
  • ncstaten99ncstaten99 Member Posts: 5
    I have gotten two quotes from local dealers in Richmond, VA for the 2006 Accord LX V6 Sedan for $23880 out the door. This is the best price I have gotten, and I have emailed every dealer in VA and one in MD and NC. $1700 under MSRP out the door is a very good deal to me.
  • ykosasihykosasih Member Posts: 6
    Where u get that price? let me know, because i'm planning to get honda within 2 weeks.
    thanks.
    Can you tell me where you get that price for Accord 06 V6 EX-L $23,500, please let me know and i woukd like to know that you get Accord for $22,500, please let me know ASAP, beacuse i need to buy new car, because can't use my old car.
    Thanks.
  • yoga_subyoga_sub Member Posts: 10
    I hope we got a good deal. I paid $24,800 before TTL for the same vehicle. It did not have a spoiler or window tint but had wheel locks, mud guards, cargo tray and pin stripes. Wonder if anyone else got it cheaper? I now need a '06 CIVIC LX AT. Any ideas on price? This dealer is in Dallas. Where is yours?
  • hawkeyeohihawkeyeohi Member Posts: 17
    A local dealer has an advertisement to lease the above Accord for $217/mo. plus tax. There would be $1,870.00 due at signing. Sounds like a pretty good deal. Any thoughts?
  • hawkeyeohihawkeyeohi Member Posts: 17
    I forgot to mention that it is a 40 month lease with 12k per year.
    $499(spoiler+installation)
    $260(tint)
    $50 (Wheel locks)
    $95 (mud guards)
    $904 total for accessories

That would make my deal of $25,135-$904=$24,563, or about $572 below invoice of $24,803.

I'm going to pick up a trunk cargo tray this week for $100-20% at the honda parts counter. My wife has alreay started spliing things in the trunk, thankfully it was only water.
  • lrmanlrman Member Posts: 4
    I am in the Balt, MD area and ready to purchase by the end of the month an Accord EX-V6 4 dr sedan with 6M. Anybody get a good deal?

Any info would be great. Thanks.
  • kev6873kev6873 Member Posts: 11
    Im in Illinois...

but..I am still trying to figure out what I SHOULD be paying for this car...

2006 Accord EX v6 or LX v6. Factory installed options.

What is the range or price I should be looking for when buying this car? Thank you ...please HELP!!! I need to buy a car Saturday but I dont want to get screwed...
    Can you tell me where did you get that deal? and did you pay cash or financing, beacuse i'm planning to buy honda ASAP.
  • mamamia2mamamia2 Member Posts: 707
    ...Am doing a little research about WHAT DO DEALERS CHARGE FOR DOC (DOCUMENTATION) FEE....

Again, it's what they charge you, it's not what you end up negotiating for Doc Fee, 'cause Doc Fee is sacred, it's like sales tax.... It's a given... Written in the Old Testament.

Problem is, it's really a SCAM, which too many times (or in some specific states?) it's an "elegant" way to make extra money.

So, my question is, is there a CAP on Doc Fee in some states? In Illinois it's always been $53-$55, but is that regulated by STATE LAWS? Has anybody paid more than that in IL?

I know in Florida -- the sky is limit. $300-$400-$500... Jeb Bush must own a few car dealerships there...
    I got the car from Honda/VW in Laurel, MD. They price matched my quote from College Park Honda (1000 under invoice + $560 for protection package). Remember what I said about the protection packages, negotiate them off the car, or get them to drop the price of their packages to a reasonable charge on what you actually get. You should aim for invoice price or lower after protection package has been added. I must add that Honda in Laurel was very slow, 3.5 hrs to finalize the sale, and that after settling on final price on the phone with sales manager.

I first got the $1000 under invoice no nonsense quote from College Park Honda Internet sales dept. They told me to bring in the internet quote inorder for them to honor it. I also called to see if their 0% financing they advertise each week was available at the price, which they told me yes on the phone.
    When I showed up to buy the car, their no nonsense quote did not include the $1995.00 protection package (wheel lock and mud flaps), and they said the financing was only for people who pay full MSRP or higher? College Park was the classic case of bait and switch, they will say anything just to get you in the door, then it's a whole new ball game.

I financed the car thru a car loan from Capital One, I got a quote from them thru lendingtree.com. My rate was 5.65% for 60 mo. or 5.39 for 36mo.

Honda Financing only approved me for 5.64% so i stuck with my Capital One rate even though it was a 0.01% higher.
  • mskmikemskmike Member Posts: 6
    im in CA, San Diego
    I just got a quote for $22,000 OTD. I feel like i can do better but i don't know. Will this be any cheaper next month ??? also anyone from my area bought 06 accord pls share your price and recommendation.. :):);)

Thank you \(^_^}/
  • jwatsjwats Member Posts: 72
    I live in Minnesota and have a " basic car" I drive mostly in winter--my '92 Maxima has served this role, but rust will soon take it away.

I noticed I can buy the SE couple for about $17,500 OTD--this is their basic LX coupe with a wheel upgrade and spoiler.

This is about $1,000 below invoice and equal to Edmunds TMV.

I understand that coupes and MT have lower resale, but this strikes me as an unusual bargain that would give me 10 years of safe and economical use.

Am I missing anything? Hondas hold their value so buying a used one seems crazy.

thanks for any insight

John
    I paid 24,800 for my accord with an addrear wing spoiler. and that was a custom order (5 speed stick with navi and leather) got it was 6 miles on it, NO test drivers beating on it. so I definetly think it was worth it. Been breaking it in nice and easy. I'm looking to get a honda care extended warranty. whats the best price people are getting (I've seen about 1,000 for an 8 year 120k 0 deductable). thanks

-Nick
    Just bought a new honda EX-L 4 cyl for $24,322
    that's include tax and evrything, that without navigation, what do you think about that price? but my credit history is bad, after they check my credit history they can approve me with 7.94%, i will pay $515.35 for 36 month and is absolutly beautiful that car.
    "I understand that coupes and MT have lower resale, but this strikes me as an unusual bargain...Am I missing anything?"

You need to understand that this 2005 model, although new, is already one-year old! If, for some reason, its actual cash value or fair market value (FMV) needs to be assessed (like when it is declared a total loss after an accident), its depreciated value is way more than the $1000-below-invoice bargain you're getting.

Accidents happen even if you are a safe driver.

ramida
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    I'm looking to get a honda care extended warranty. whats the best price people are getting (I've seen about 1,000 for an 8 year 120k 0 deductable).

...8/120/0 I'm no help.....

...However: paid about $584 for a 6-year/80k (100 DED).....

(hondacuraworld.com OR 1-888-RAY-LAKS, your call)

...seasons best, ez......
  • dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    I got the same car for $273 a month with $1000 due at signing (36 month lease, 12,000 miles a year) INCLUDING taxes (NJ), title and registration.
  • yoga_subyoga_sub Member Posts: 10
    Just wanted to say that please check out the prices of all the dealer added options. I checked with the parts dept of this same dealership and here is what I got:

Dealer added options price (parts dept price)
    Splash Guards $295 ($93.60)
    Wheel Locks $195 ($61.60)
    Cargo tray $195 ($110)

So there you have it, there is a huge markup on all dealer added options. I cannot believe that dealers do this when their parts dept is down the hall. I guess people do not bother to check.
    Ramida:

That is an excellent point--and frankly one I had not thought of because I plan to keep the car for many years. Here is the important question, at what level do you think an 05 is a good value? For example, would you pay $3,000 more for an 06 for this reason alone?
    thanks
    John
    Has anyone found a dealer they really like and can recommend?
    John
  • jsmith15jsmith15 Member Posts: 1
    FYI I'm in Las Vegas and just bought an '06 Accord SE 4 cyl,man OTD for $21,400. (7.75% sales tax. incld in OTD price) Sounds like your doing pretty good. My guess from all of Honda's advertising lately is that they want to clear a few off the lots before tax time. Don't worry about a couple hundred more dollars and treat yourself to a nice Christmas present.
  • shortyesshortyes Member Posts: 8
    Hey all I have been shopping for my first car (college senior) and recently decided on a Honda Accord. Was looking at the new civic but they are really too expensive when compared to the accord based on price per practicality purpose.

I got quoted for 19.3k for the VP and 21k for the LX OTD.

I am leaning towards the VP unless there is anything the LX has that might lower my insurance.

Are these good deals? Should I have them install an alarm system to lower my insurance or should I go to pep boys/best buy for this? I will not bicker over a hundred here and there. Just want to know if it is ok to take the plunge.

This is my first car and been lurking in these forums for 6 months deciding on tacoma/sonota/camery/civic/accord.

Thanks for all the useful information over the last few months.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh, I don't think so. I'm sure the retail book value is higher than 1000.00 below invoice.

That is one tough car to sell. It's a coupe and a five speed too. Nothing wrong with them...great cars, just hard to sell both as new cars and later as used.
    Civic LX Sedan Auto $18,300 OTD
    Accord LX Special Edition Sedan $21,000 OTD
    Accord LX V6 Sedan $23,000 OTD

Thats the lowest price i got on these cars. For the civic paying Exactly around the MSPR price is not worth it. One of my friends bought a 2005 CivicSedan LX 15k OTD (in September) the price is gonna drop for 2006 and thus making atleast $3k downfall in the price just after couple of months. I do say for those who wish to stay under the 20g range should head for an nissan altima for a better package and deal. I considered Scion TC but less resale value (relatively) and less market awareness makes me run away from it.
    Any suggestion what should ne done? I want to stay under the 20g range. I HAVE to consider the price is WORTH the car or not? Let me know.
    Here's an actual Kelley Blue Book comparison of the retail blue book value of a Honda Accord LX Coupe 2D:

2005 Model -- $19,615
    2004 Model -- $17,985

One-year depreciation: $1,630

You may factor in the increase in base price of the newer model, but then in the case of Honda, the newer model, although slightly higher in base price, comes with new features not present in the older model.

Here's a hypothetical situation:

2006 Model -- let's say can be had for $200 below invoice price of $19,000 = $18,800

2005 Model -- let's say can be had for $1,000 below invoice price of $18,500 = $17,500

Price difference is $1,300, which is still lower than the KBB-based depreciation of $1600 shown earlier.

I'll take the newer model every time. Why? Because many car dealers are opportunists and are so damn "smart" selling older cars that a $1000-below-invoice deal is a rare find (except for the higher-end models; EX/V6 with NAV, for instance).

ramida
    Hi jwats -- see my recent response to isellhondas.

If the price difference is more than the forecasted one-year depreciation for this model, then it may be a "good" buy. But you also need to consider new features that come with the newer model, if they matter to you. It's your call.

ramida