Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yoga_subyoga_sub Member Posts: 10
    Well, i just picked up a 2006 Civic LX 4D AT for $18,071.61 OTD. The car has door guards, cargo tray, mud flaps, wheel locks. The Civic has a better resale value and has a lot of std stuff that i don't think the other comparable class cars have.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It does no good to talk about OTD pricing in these forums. Sales tax can vary greatly between states along with sales tax. You should only concentrate on the price of the CAR and any additional fees a dealer may charge.

There is only about a 1500.00 difference between the invoice and the MSRP on these cars so your numbers aren't impossible.

And, ther is nothing wrong with a Nissan Altima. You need to consider how these deprecaite in value compared to a Civic. Big difference!
  • jwatsjwats Member Posts: 72
    Ramida:

I believe Honda has an additional $1200 in dealer cash for 2005s so I think it is entirely possible for there to be more than a $1630 difference in price between the two models. My belief is that there is in my case. I think if you plan to be a long term owner, and can get a discount well above depreciation-buying an end of year model makes sense. A couple of other considerations:
    1. There is a sales tax difference in favor of the lower priced car.
    2. The " imputed value of money" adds up over an extended ownership period--in other words, what you could do with the $2,000 or so that is not tied up in a car. Over 7 years, you can double this to $4,000. And have essentially the same driving experience. There will be some residual difference in value at the end of the 7 years, but not much.
    3. It should be remembered that leftover cars are there for a reason and often represent the least popular colors/equipment. In my case, I like coupes and I prefer manual transmissions-but this is the kiss of death on resale--so buying one only makes sense if long ownership is anticipated.
    4. Either one can be reasonably justified. What amazes me is how little you save on a used HONDA--which makes this a really dumb purchase unless you simply can't afford a higher car payment
    John
  • yoga_subyoga_sub Member Posts: 10
    What was your price before TTL? Also, is this car auto or manual?
  • ramidaramida Member Posts: 67
    Hi John -- very good points! Yeah, I agree with you 100% --it saves you very little, if at all, on that "used" one-year-old new HONDA.

Take the newer model, if you can.

regards, ramida
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    "....In my case, I like coupes and I prefer manual transmissions-but this is the kiss of death on resale--.."

...well, at least I'm not alone in a shiftless world.

..ez..
  • katina1katina1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also shopping for the 06 Accord EXL in So. California ..but can't find the financing as low as that ..is the dealer in the LA area?

Thanks
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    is there under the table cash behind the left over '05s? I happened to see a stray EX-L 5 speed on the lot, and was wondering how badly they might want to unload this puppy. The chnages to the '06 are nice, but not earth shattering enough to make a big difference. Even the butt looks OK in silver.

They actually had a fair amount of '05s of one kind or another, including at least 6 hybrids. Certainly not moving like a Prius!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• carman88carman88 Member Posts: 4
    I believe that rate (3.99%) is only available during the Thanksgiving weekend.
  • hnguyen1hnguyen1 Member Posts: 17
    I got this online quote from Gilroy Honda in CA:
    Special internet price: $21,413
    Documentation fee: $45
    Sales tax (8.25) $1770.29
    License fee (DMV) $203
    Tire fee: $8.75

Out the door Gilroy Honda price: $23,440.08

Is it a good deal? I haven't bargain yet. If it seems to be a decent deal, is there anything that I should pay careful attention to? Thank you.
  • jetlapjetlap Member Posts: 7
    u sure its EX V6 AT. if it indeed is a V6, then its a very good deal. the invoice is already 24500, so u are getting 3000 under invoice
    I asked for the EX V6 AT, and the saleman gave me that quote saying it's for the EX V6 AT (without any other specs or info). I thought it was somewhat a good deal so I'm wondering if there's anything fishy that I should be aware of. Gilroy is about 45-min drive from where I live, so I do not want to drive there for nothing.

Also, for a 36-month payment plan and about 50% down payment, what's the typical interest rate? Is 3.9% the best one currently? Thank you.
  • sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    hnguyen - Before making the 45 minute trek, get the quote in writing (email or fax), and make sure it is the exact model (and year!) that you want. If true, tell them you are ready to buy, but that you want the quote in writing to eliminate any possibility of misunderstanding or a wasted trip. Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I'd also verify the model year... Seems way too cheap for an '06..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• RicksterRickster Member Posts: 40
    I got it at Connicelli Honda.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If it sounds to good to be true. This car has soem MILES on it? Demo? Some kind of problem with it? 2004 model? something is not right here so will you bite the bait and see it? What really matters is the OTD price for what you want.
    Yea, it is indeed too good to be true. When I asked him for the offer in writing, he said that the offer he made expired, the market price right now is 25,017 + dmv + tax. pretty fishy...
  • lrmanlrman Member Posts: 4
    Just got a quote for $24798 (invoice plus dest was 25118) which includes destination, splash guards, and wheel locks. Sounds like a good price and probably going to sign the deal tomorrow. What do you think?
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    Yea man - wrap it up! I'm considering a TL but may decide to save the cash and get the EXV6. Good TL quote is 31500, so we're talking about $6700 less. Hmmmm. Maybe a new Seadoo also in the future?
    picked up a leftover '05 EX-L 5 speed sedan tonight. Not too old though, with a buld date of 8/05, and only 11 miles on it.

Hard to say exactly what I paid (since I had a trade), but assuming full book, I paid $20,100 (msrp was $24,350, plus ~ 300 worth of accessories already on the car, so figure ~24.6K as the adjusted sticker). So about a $4,500 discount.

I had a trade in offer of 1K more than book at a Sube dealer, but I'm pretty sure (after getting consistant offers at a number of dealers, and having the Sube dealer stuck on book for quite a while) that it was an overallowance to get the deal done.

Still, using the high book/overallowance figure 9which of course I did), I still got a $3,500 discount, so quite a bit under invoice. Also probably at least 2K+ less than I could have gotten an '06 for.

COuld I have done better? Possibly, but the dealer had negotiated against himself quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure I had pretty much bled everything I could get out of this particular turnip. They would have kept the car and waited for the next buyer, no matter how long it was going to take!

Awful lot of car for ~20.5K. I had fun negotiating too. I started with a real low ball (that is, all the $$ for my trade, and way below invoice on the new one, even after the $700 dealer cash). They started with a fair (invoice) deal, and we ended up way closer to my number than theirs.

I'm happy, that cleared out a stray '05 before the holiday's, so everyone wins I guess.

• cars7cars7 Member Posts: 24
    I figured I would wait to pull the trigger on the accord for christmas week. I WAS HOPING FOR DEALS. Please help I thought I could find it for about $500 under invoice is this possible or am I asking too much. I was going to go with the navigation also. Im glad I didnt I purchased a mobile unit, that can be moved from different cars . The streat pilot 2720 got a good deal and it works great. Not to get off the subject but any good deals would be greatly appreciated...... :mad:
    picked up a leftover '05 EX-L 5 speed sedan tonight. Not too old though, with a buld date of 8/05, and only 11 miles on it.

Awful lot of car for ~20.5K.

....that IS a great deal (impressive build date: built AFTER I picked up my '05 Coupe 6M.....close to the final 05 perhaps).

...seasons best, ez...
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    to start right after Xmas.
    maybe that's why they were so anxious to get me into the '05 yesterday!

Thanks for the scoop.. Is there anywhere on the Net I can see this information?
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Hello,

Thanks for the info. Please share where you got this information from. Do you mean actual cash rebates or factory to dealer incentives. I have not heard of Honda offering actual cash rebates.
  • mskmikemskmike Member Posts: 6
    I just got this from power costa mesa honda.

$20,062.00 vehicle
    $45.00 DOC FEE
    $28.00 TITLE FEE
    $8.75 CALIF TIRE FEE
    $195.00 DMV FEE
    $1,558.29 SALES TAX AT 7.75% (SAN DIEGO'S RATE)
    Total OTD = $21,897.04

I think it looks good and probably go grab it end of the week. San Diego dealer just couldn't match not even @ 22,000, only cush did but they didn't had the color i want.
    is there any disadvantage buying it from diffent city ? and someone posted there will be $1000 incentive after christmas. if thats true, should i wait ? or just get it.

edmund forum is so helpful, ppl here are very nice.

Thank you.
  • ncstaten99ncstaten99 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased the Alabaster Silver Metallic LX V6 last night from West Broad Honda in Richmond, VA. Negotiated a price of $22,843 including Mud Guards and Wheel Locks. I feel I got a very great deal. Thanks to everyone on this board.
  • gato1gato1 Member Posts: 5
    I just got an offer of 26,426 for a 06 4dr EX/V6 w/NAVI. Its AT and I wanted MT. Is this good? It looks like it's below invoice.
    ncstaten--Congrats on your new car! I'm a newbie looking for an affordable 06 Accord. I'm just wondering if the price you gave was OTD price. Thank you.
  • melvin384melvin384 Member Posts: 3
    You have a good price IMO. In Boston on 12/11, Boch, who has a "make an offer web site", accepted my 22,500 w/ destination offer for a 06 LX v6... 112 over their "stated" cost without the 3% holdback. They say they are the second largest dealer in the planet were very professional in their email parley. With the "protection package" it looks like the same price you got.

I printed the 22.5 price, intended to close there, but on a whim, after a monday morning meeting cancelled, I went to Honda cars of Boston, showed them the paper and asked if they wanted to join the party and they said would but they didn't have LX V^ only the EX v6. That's two grand more and I whinned that I really didn't want the xm radio cost and the leather, but I was convinced to drive a carbon bronze model w/ black leather, came back to offer 24,500 which was accepted. When that was done I insisted on 8k for my 2000 EX v6 w/76k,(from Edmunds and KBB), and got it.

The whole transaction took less than an hour only because of the information gleaned on this site for the last month, the competition in Boston, and dealer incentive to increase next year's allocations. My only regret is leaving money on the table wrt my trade, but all in all an easy, fast and IMO a good deal. Good luck to all.
  • harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I got a quote about a month ago for a EX V6 6MT coupe for $27888 in the Bay Area, so in principle, since the invoices for the AT and MT are the same, your deal seems pretty good. Although, why don't you get a MT if that's what you want?
  • hawkeyeohihawkeyeohi Member Posts: 17
    I just picked up the above today and am very happy with the purchase. I chose white (which they had to locate). It came in with splash guards and black pin striping. I was able to negotiate $1,821 total due at signing . My monthly lease payment is $235.32 which is for 24 months and includes local 7% tax as well as 15k miles per year. As I said I am very happy with the purchase as well as the ease of negotiations. Most of the preliminaries were handled over the phone and e-mail. I had also contacted another local dealer who said it would take another $800 to get the deal done the way I got it. Merry Christmas
    Just bought an 06 Accord EX-V6 sedan with 6-sp MT for 24792 (incl freight) plus tax and tags. Incl wheel locks, pin stripes, and splash guards. No doc fee. Solicited quotes off the Internet, took the lowest one and presented it to the dealer that had my color and they matched it. Pretty seamless and stress free!!
  • wheresmyhondawheresmyhonda Member Posts: 6
    please, please, please mitchflorida.......... more information on the $1000 rebate would be highly appreciated. Merry Christmas All!
    harry
    was that with no navi? I'm confused as well. That price did not include ttl, right?
    that's what I was quoted online from Honda of Oakland (I think). That was a 6MT coupe with Nav. Sounds like you should be able to get a 6MT sedan for less than 25K if you can find one, but maybe that depends on where you are.
  • mhattrupmhattrup Member Posts: 77
    Johnv43 - what were the prices from the other dealers? I'm just trying to get a range. My best quote so far is $25,500.00 for a V6 6-sp coupe. I'm in eastern WA so there aren't a lot of dealers falling over each other competing for my dollar. I'll probably have to go 4 hours to the Seattle area to get some competition stirred up. That still may not be enough since there aren't many manual tranny's out there...

Has anyone else bought an 06 coupe 6-spd for less than $25,500?

Thanks,
    Mark H.

Has anyone else bought an 06 coupe 6-spd for less than $25,500?

...bought one each Honda Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6M $23413CD...

..oops. (just noticed you said '06)

2005 AV6 6M Coupe..great car.

//season's best....ez......

:P
    Settled on '06 V6/EX sedan with NAVI 6MT fot 26,200 before TTL. Sounds good, what do you think? I show it 200 below Invoice and 750 below invoice + dest. Am I missing something. Dealers are being quite flexible. I am expecting a surprise. :confuse:
    Don't know how much difference between coupes and sedans. Invoice and MSRP are same. I just got a sedan w/NAVI for 700 more than you are getting w/o NAVI. Sounds a little pricey unless demand for coupes is much higher. I live in CA. though.
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. I remember though, towards the end of the '05 model year (last summer), the 6MT w/ Navi coupes were listed right around $25K and the ones w/o Navi for around $23K on Carsdirect.com. So, if anything I think the prices should continue to go down as we head towards the summer. IMO the Accord is definitely the best in its class, but considering there are now several competing models that undercut the Accord by thousands in price and offers a reasonable compromise (i.e. Sonata, Mazda6, Fusion), Honda will likely have to drop a little bit in prices.
  • mt56mt56 Member Posts: 15
    In August (I know it's been awhile), I purchased an 05 Accord LX Special Edition and asked the dealer to throw in the protection package. They wrote down protection package thinking it was just protective wax on the car, so they did not give me the wheel locks and splash guards. Did I get ripped off here? I thought the pro package WAS wheel locks, splash guards, and one other thing...
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Saw an ad ... Chicago Honda dealer is selling new 2006 Accord EX V6 Sedan with Auto for $23,750. Anyone get one at this price?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    What matters is the Out the door price. Compare out the door prices only.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    The ad said the price was $23,750 + $53 doc fee + TTL.
  • ykosasihykosasih Member Posts: 6
    is a auto, price before ttl $22,800
  • cars7cars7 Member Posts: 24
    Its amazing how these NY dealers on longisland do not send you internet pricing just coupons for a free alarm or money off. I give up, I will start looking for other dealers off the island. My tarket price for the accord sedan auto 4 cyl leather 06 is $22,500 including dest and doc fees. I think this price is managable for the right dealer any suggestions. Thanks in advance :(
  • songroadsongroad Member Posts: 1
    Just got a SE quote for 19700 (with destination fee) with free mud guard,trunk guard and wheel locker before tax and other fees. Dealer was trying to give me the extended warranty 5yr/80k for another $1700. But I saw people here got like 6yr/80k just $1000. So I dont know if I can negotiate this with dealer too? i was also wondering if everybody accord buyer here buy the extended warranty? Was it worthy? and Can I find cheaper ones online later after I buy the car?
    Dealer was trying to give me the extended warranty 5yr/80k for another $1700.

i was also wondering if everybody accord buyer here buy the extended warranty? Was it worthy? and Can I find cheaper ones online later after I buy the car?

....yes, yes and yes....

....my dealer and yours must have the same playbook....

$2800....(buy it - today only - $1800)....

FYI, 6year/80k HC EW purchased prior 6k for under $585.

....www.hondacura.com (Ray Laks Honda, upstate New York)

Honda engineers provide great cars; dealers: (you pays your money - you takes your chances)

..season's best, ez..

:P