Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    marlenelinmarlenelin Member Posts: 87
    Picked up our 2006 4 door manual SE today. Rides nicely. Price was $17,481 plus $125 doc. fee, $254 tags, and tax. Wanted to purchase it before our Governor here in NJ raises the tax rate on Monday. No other dealer could come close to this price. They actually had two more manual SE's on the lot. They were hard to come by at other dealers. Marlene
  • Options
    vhreb123vhreb123 Member Posts: 83
    Sonata I-4 Auto: 24/33
    Accord I-4 Auto: 24/34

Sonata V-6 Auto: 20/30
    Accord V-6 Auto: 20/29

thegraduate, the information you posted are just EPA estimates. Real World economy is different from each. The real world MPG for the Accord is higher than the Sonata. I think it was about 5 more MPG. So in the long run, you save a couple hundred a year.
  • Options
    sinned1sinned1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I am curious to see the prices given or paid on Long Island NY for either the VP or LX.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I know, as I'm getting about 4 MPG higher than EPA hwy posting on trips (around 38 MPG Average), and 30MPG in mixed driving...I know lots of sticklers from Hyundai group would find it unfair to just assume this advantage though. To be fair, in the same testing procedure, Hyundai scored basically the same as Honda did, although I know my Accord can be coaxed into higher numbers with a little effort. Who knows, perhaps Hyundais can too?
  • Options
    Who knows, perhaps Hyundais can too?

--I hope thats true.

*By the way, I also live in Birmingham. Nice to hear from hometown people. Where did you get your Accord? Was it a really good deal? I am thinking about driving to McConnell Honda (about 90 miles away) if it is necessary because they gave me a fairly good price. I haven't really negotiated much in price with Tameron Honda much so I haven't made up my mind. I talked with them some, but their manager was busy so I left. I will probably try again on Monday or Tuesday.

*I am looking for a four door 06 Accord Value Package with auto transmission.
  • Options
    ramarama Member Posts: 10
    just bought an EX-L from Hennessy Honda in Woodstock, GA. The internet folks there are a pleasure to deal with. I actually looked at the SE, LX V-6, and EX V-6 before deciding on:

EX-L, 4-door, AT, 4-cyl
    deal is $21,450 before TTL

I think they will deal with you around $1,000 below invoice on any 2006 Accord model.
  • Options
    caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    What kind of discounts can I expect on a leased Accord?
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Have to admit I was skeptical at the price but when I visited their web site I noticed they had the same model with a manual transmission for $15,788.00 so I guess they could sell the automatic version for $16,888.00. I know where I live such a deal is not possible, can't even get the VP model for that price.
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Aren't those prices $2000 or so under invoice or am I missing something?
  • Options
    maneeshsmaneeshs Member Posts: 4
    Hi dwilliam,

Thanks for confirming what I heard! I feel a little better now about the price I paid.

Thanks,

Maneesh
  • Options
    Well I guess they are able to advertise one or two cars at that price as an incentive to get you to come in. I know large dealerships that have high sales are able to sell vehicles cheaper than anyone else can, just wish they had one of those in my area.
  • Options
    no_exitno_exit Member Posts: 15
    Anybody been looking in the Twin Cities area for an EX V6? I have quotes ranging from $25,100 to $24,400 + TTL. There are better prices to be had. I have not started negotiations yet and I want to see what quoptes other buyers are getting.
  • Options
    walkinrainwalkinrain Member Posts: 1
    The lowest prices I got from Seattle-arround dealers on the 2006 Accord VP 4I/AT so far are $17,350 before TTL. Can I do better than this in this region? Or if you have any experience in area, please let me know.

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    jenk0099jenk0099 Member Posts: 1
    I got an initial quote on a EX V6 of around 25,100 - but that was with no haggling. I just told them I knew there was an incentive and that the cars were selling below invoice. So, it should be able to be sold for less. Does anyone have any quotes on LX-V6s in the twin cities?
  • Options
    shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    Check the price on www.carsdirect.com. If their price is within $100 of what the dealer quoted, you did pretty good.
  • Options
    shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    For all of you recently bought/ planning to buy a new Accord, what is your experience with the dealer preparation package? Is this a universal thing and you have to take it. which including the wheel lock, splash guard, trunck tray and some even include the pin stripe. :mad:

It seems this is across the board regardless which trim level you are buying. I am in Dallas area, how about others, how much did you pay for that if you bought that.
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Try a different dealer if you don't want the prep package.
  • Options
    tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    U can bargain with them...but most of the time they want U to pay for it. I just bought I4 SE at Honda Mckinney...didn't like them much because they haggle and haggle. I bought it at 18200 +ttl for SE manny tranny with wheel lock, pine stripe and mudguard. OTD around 19500+. I didn't want those but they came with the car...the thing I wanted was tint only. But U can call Frank Kent Honda in fort worth...call them and ask for fleet manager...he gave me 18200 with tint but I didn't buy from them because it is too far for me. They normally don't have any accessories but just tint...but ask him to include the tint for free.
  • Options
    dshermandsherman Member Posts: 5
    Great experience with Fox Honda in Grand Rapids MI. Worked with Harvey. He made purchasing a car a pleasure. Love the car.
  • Options
    ravanipravanip Member Posts: 25
    I am in Gaithersburg MD and looking for Accord EX with Leather...
    The Tax in MD is 5%.

I sent emails to few dealers and they are saying there is no incentive anymore...
    As per discussion above it seems we still have it...

Can someone Confirm?
    Anyone bought Accord EX with Leather in DC-VA-MD area recently?

TIA
  • Options
    vu2000vu2000 Member Posts: 58
    Can you tell me where you what dealer and salesman you bought this car from? Did you have to haggle with the price or is this a staight forward internet deal. My Email is on my profile. Thanks. :blush:
  • Options
    dshermandsherman Member Posts: 5
    I tried zip code 20878 on CarsDirect. Price on EX with Leather shows up at $21,547 with MT. This includes the destination charge of $550. That is $750 less than invoice. Looks to me like the incentive is still available. Looks to me like carsdirect.com would be an excellent choice here and no haggling...
  • Options
    ramarama Member Posts: 10
    yes it is per dealers I have talked to. Through at least July 15. Also, prior posts confirm this elsewhere.
  • Options
    csabika001csabika001 Member Posts: 1
    Hy! I'm living in Phoenix, AZ. Where should I go to buy, leasing or buying,trade my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3(100.000 miles)or sell? Please help!!
  • Options
    My family has bought 17 Hondas from "Neil Bonnett Honda" in Hueytown, but now it has changed ownership and is "Serra Honda." Most of the same great people are there...ask for the sales Manager, he's who we've purchased all of our cars from. We believe we could've actually gotten a slightly lower price from Roebuck Honda, but it now has also changed hands (Brannon Honda, now), and we knew that Neil Bonnett's reputation for customer satisfaction and honesty was worth paying extra for. Plus, it's only 5 miles away!
  • Options
    ravanipravanip Member Posts: 25
    So you think $21,547 + Tag Tax and Title will be a good price?
  • Options
    jpgolf55jpgolf55 Member Posts: 34
    That's a great price. What dealer did you get that quote from and did you speak to the fleet manager as others have suggested?
  • Options
    Thanks, thegraduate for recomending the dealership.
    But you're too late. I just bought a new 06 Honda Accord Value Package with auto transmission for $18,500 Out-The- Door which included tax, title, and all fees! :shades:
    I bought from Tameron Honda(up in Hoover). The negotiations took less than half a hour. The people there were VERY kind.

*They also threw in 2 free oil changes and a free Lifetime/250,000 powertrain warranty which covers engine, transmission,axle,etc.

----Anyways, what do you think about my deal on the Accord? Is it good?
  • Options
    I think that's a good deal, especially with the giant warranty that they threw in with the deal. I have cousins who live in Bluff Park who have dealth with Tameron on a 1998 Accord before, and they had a good experience there too; I'm just biased since I've been riding with mom and dad to Neil Bonnett (now Serra) Honda since I was three (our first Neil Bonnett Honda was a 1990 LX Accord, brand new). I believe the OTD price on my new 2006 EX Accord was about $23,100 or $23,700, (I can't remember), but without an extended warranty (but with the painted on stripes) (not a sticker). I think you got the better deal, but my car was still "new" for 2006 with its fresh design. Like I said before, we could've negotiated a better price probably, and likely beat it elsewhere, but when you have a known entity that you deal with, and you trust it, it is worth the extra cost to us.

BTW vhreb123, did you know that Serra is soon to move from its Hueytown location? It's going to move to Ensley, across I-59 from Limbaugh Toyota. American Honda told Neil Bonnett that they needed more foot traffic, so they are being forced to move. It will reportedly become "Heritage Honda" within 3 years.
  • Options
    Sounds like a great deal. What was the price of the vehilcle before tax,title and fees?
  • Options
    Thegraduate, I am glad you think it is a good deal. For a moment my salesperson was going to sell me sticker. I told him I got a special internet price somewhere else. He asked me how much they offered. I told him McConnell Honda(you know, up in Montgomery) offered me around $18,500 out the door. He got up and asked his manager if they could do the price. The manager agreed! It took less than fifteen minutes. I tried negotiating down $500 at first, then down $250 second, finally down $100, but they wouldn't go down. Since I requested a certain color(silver) and they didn't have it, they had to trade cars with another dealership. They said that alone cost around $500,plus the 2 free oil changes, and lifetime powertrain warranty was worth the purchase. I thought about it and considered it a done deal!

*I highly recomend Tameron Honda if you plan on purchasing in the future. The salespeople are very courteous.

*No I didn't know that Serra is going to move. However, I did try purchasing there. I called them once and left my number but they never returned by call. Maybe it was just me.

--Happy,New,Honda Accord Owner!!!! :shades:
  • Options
    Alamocity this is the breakdown of my price:

Total Sales Price- $17,415
    Billing & Clerical Fees- $399.50
    Subtotal- $17,815.42
    Alabama Sales Tax- $668.08
    Title Fee- $16.50
    Total Amount Due- $18,500

*I have no idea what the biling & clerical fee is. Does anybody know?
  • Options
    alan_genalan_gen Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to buy an accord with nav but I am not a big fan of leather, so didn't want that option. Apparently, Honda wants to sell me everything: 6CD player, moonroof, alloy wheels, leather, and then, finally, i have the "option" of getting Nav.

To get Nav, I am now looking at the option of buying an LX Accord (18140 + TTL) or EX Accord (21550 + TTL) and then going to some place like California Concepts to get the stereo replaced with Pioneer or Epsilon Nav/DVD system ($3000 installation). Seems like a lot of wasted money because then I have no use for the brand new stereo pulled out from the car. Does anyone have recommendations on what I can do to get Nav without any other extraneous options like leather, moonroof, etc?

Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    accordian6accordian6 Member Posts: 8
    The "Billing & Clerical Fee" of $399.50 is known as PROFIT for the dealer. And, I might add, that is a very high one. The number in many of the Boston area dealers is in the $200-$300 range, with some higher and some lower, but most under $300. Negotiable, but keep in mind the total price, i.e. everything but the tax and title/registration fees. That way it is comparable to what others are quoting around the country, with differs in those 2 numbers.
  • Options
    dwilliamdwilliam Member Posts: 128
    Roebuck Honda and Brannon Honda are the same owners. They chose to use their last name because the "roebuck" area has a bad reputation. They are good folks (I know them... can you tell?) I am a dealer in the Houston area.

I am in no way affiliated with their dealership but they seem very good to deal with.

The Anonymous Dealer

p.s. I just saw it... I just SAW IT! I got my start in the Car Business at LIMBAUGH TOYOTA! My very first Dealership. Sorry... that just brought back memories! ;)
  • Options
    Congratulations! (on Limbaugh) I shopped there and looked at cars like the Scion tC and Toyota Solara.

The Roebuck area does have a bad rep, I didn't know they had changed names for the sake of names. I do know for sure that Neil Bonnett sold out to the Serra conglomerate. My dad bought his first Honda from "Bud Mollison Honda" back in 1982 - it then turned into Roebuck Honda soon after. My how times change!
  • Options
    robinmdrobinmd Member Posts: 21
    Hi alan_gen,

I don't think you'll be able to get the Navigation System without the Leather. It's a shame that Honda doesn't offer the Navigation System as an option all by itself.

You might want to consider buying something like a Garmin Navigation System that is more portable and would allow you to take the Navigation System from car to car. There are even some Navigation Systems that include Bluetooth and XM Radio at a cost that's 1/2 of what you'd pay for the Honda Navigation System. Wish the Honda Navigation System included Bluetooth. Oh well...

I'm considering buying the EX-L and then getting a Garmin System myself so I can take it from car to car.

Just my thoughts. :)
    Rob
  • Options
    rd1688rd1688 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

That's a great deal compared to the quote I got for the 2006 EX-V6 w/navi., which was $27,550. Was looking to purchase a 2006 Accord EX-V6 w/navi at first, but changed my mind about the getting it with the navi. Would you mind if I ask which dealer you got the quote from? Thanks much.
  • Options
    bsccbscc Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to buy an accord LX V-6 in the Boston, MA area. Any suggestions on prices paid for this model in Massachusetts?
  • Options
    pathosrisingpathosrising Member Posts: 42
    How come no one reads before posting?
  • Options
    bsccbscc Member Posts: 6
    Not sure what you mean. I haven't read about prices regarding this specific model in this location on this forum.
  • Options
    silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    Actually, for a time that dealership was called Royal Honda. Just thought I would chime in. I have bought there since 1984. Currently have a 2000 Accord Coupe and a 2006 Ridgeline RTS.
  • Options
    hgbeehgbee Member Posts: 38
    Just want to share my experience:
    I just got my honda pilot from Houston Dealer - Reliance Honda in Lake Jackson, TX (in Houston Area).

I call their internet manager and get REALLY good quote. My local dealer do not want to beat the price. Just say "you should jump on the flight for that". After asking fax and email to confirm every detail and make sure no any hiden charge, I traveled a couple hundred miles to get it.

2 hours in the dealership office, test drive, paper work, car inspection, runs really smooth. I am happy to deal with a honest and straight dealer, without any pressure and being forced to buy extra options. I got my dream car with better price. I highly recommand them.

Check the pilot forum, you will see other buyer's experience with Reliance Honda.
    :D
    You may give call to them and find out what bottom rock price is for accord. I like to know that too, since I may be back with them and get a accord.

good luck
  • Options
    gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    Which dealers provided you quotes so far? You should be able to get EX-V6 with Navi for less than $27K before TTL. OpenRoad Honda in NJ was one of the dealers that gave me a good quote.
  • Options
    I haven't spoken with any fleet managers, just been dealing with the Internet department of dealerships.
  • Options
    rocketman357rocketman357 Member Posts: 1
    So what dealer was that price from??? How about a zip code even. That is way better than what I have seen and could use the info to negotiate.
  • Options
    #11937 of 11985 EX-V6 in NY/NJ area - best prices? by gonein60sec Jul 08, 2006 (12:14 pm)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    The lowest quotes I got from NY/NJ dealers on the 2006 Accord EX-V6 so far are $23,618 w/o Navi and $25,232 w/ Navi. Can I do better than this in this region?

I would look for a Navi under $26,000, based on this post.
  • Options
    jpgolf55jpgolf55 Member Posts: 34
    What is the dealers name???
  • Options
    Read my post just a couple of lines above yours. Think they are in Edison and you can get price quotes online by registering on their site.
  • Options
    dwilliamdwilliam Member Posts: 128
    Sorry Gonein60sec. Not responding to yours... just passing honest info.

Does everyone know that about 85% of Honda dealerships do not have a fleet department? You are passed to the next available salesperson. (Same with Toyota and Nissan btw) You will probably gain more respect and easier dealings by asking for the Sales Manager or General Sales Manager.

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong... most advise tells you to ask for that person. The problem is that person doesn't exist in most import dealerships and you telegraph a certain persona when you ask for the Fleet manager. You may like the idea that it projects a customer seeking the "best deal" But I cannot tell you how many times and in how many dealerships salespeople comment about the "Guy looking for the fleet dept."

It projects the thing you don't want MOST. That you are uninformed about the dealership. It is also what starts things off on the wrong foot. It is sooo much easier for you to simply ask for the people in charge of pricing and either get what you want or eliminate their price QUICKLY! Getting the "Fleet Manager" just gets you the guy who answers the phone and pretends to be who you want them to be because they don't want to tell you "WHO?"

Hope I haven't offended anyone

The Anonymous Dealer