Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cmengcmeng Member Posts: 26
    Note: Cross posted to the Honda Lease Forum also.

A daughter needs to buy a vehicle - Maybe this week. Nothing to trade in.

The I-4 Honda Accord LX would be a pretty good choice from the standpoint of suitability for her. MSRP is $21,375 and the Cap Cost is $18,052 with a final purchase option of $12,183.
    A link to the Honda description of the promo is:
    Honda Promo Lease Deal

I'm sure many here have looked at the $1,999 cash payment and $199 a month for 3 years deal. I know that I'll have some taxes to pay on top of the $199 a month - OK with that. Wondering if I should expect to get one for less than the $1999 up front. Any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated.
  • howardmdhowardmd Member Posts: 6
    Where in Dallas do you get your car. I am also in dallas and trying to get an SE auto 2006. Hope you can help with the dealership and salesperson. Thanks
  • jpgolf55jpgolf55 Member Posts: 34
    Do you know when the '07 will be at the dealers?
  • maneeshsmaneeshs Member Posts: 4
    Hi:

See post 11917. I still haven't gotten the car so nothing is final. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the month. It is still being built at the factory. The dealer is Howdy Honda in Austin, TX. Also, I am getting a manual transmission which is why he wouldn't go lower. They are pretty rare in Texas.

Goog Luck!
  • tajones05tajones05 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought my car after months of searching...

2006 Honda Accord EX w/ Nav & Leather
    -Wheel Lock
    -Prep Package (pin-stripe)
    -Cargo Net
    -8 year/120,000 extended warranty

$25,800 OTD.

What do you guys think
  • channjchannj Member Posts: 2
    I bought a Silver 2006 Honda Accord LX for 17800 + TTL. Is this a good price. I bought this vehicle in NewJersey.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Thanks for the information. Had requested a price quote online from them and their offer was higher than the San Antonio dealers, well over invoice.
  • rheorheo Member Posts: 4
    If 17800 includes destination, that's a good price.

Which dealership is that? And how much they charge documentation?
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Considering I got my Civic LX for $17,000. including destination.

The Sandman :):)
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds in line with what message 12113 paid for the LX SE model in your area.
  • stanwelksstanwelks Member Posts: 35
    Where do you live? Which dealer?
  • tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    I got mine @ honda of Mckinney on I4 SE Manual Tranny silver color for 18200 with wheel lock, mudguard and pinestripe but I didn't like the way they handle me much. I think it is best to call Frank Kent honda of fort worth and talk to fleet manager. He gave me the same price with tint included but w/o others like wheel lock, mudguard and pinestripe. They are a bit far for me so I haggle with Mckinney. Frank Kent fleet manager will give U the best deal. I called him and he gave me the best price w/o haggle but when I begin to buy they just sold manual tranny so I dealt with Mckinney. U can click on email me and I can help U further. He gave me the price for SE AT for 18900 with tint too. So good luck n let me know if U need help. Plus they gave me a high financing rate @ 7.99 % I got another financing but it expired so I temporary took their credit n get another financing to pay them off. I am going to give them a bad survey. since they didn't treat me right.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Depends what the OTD means. Each state has their own tax rates so OTD prices are meaningless to those that live in the other 49 states. That car invoices for 23 right??? so if you bought it for less than invoice then you did OK.
    Bought a 2006 Accord 6 cylinder 6 speed EX Coupe with leather for 24,550 which included the following accessories: day night compass rear view mirror, wheel locks, pinstripe, mudflaps. I guess the car itself was right at 24,200 and I paid 350 for the accessories. Invoice---25,200 minus 1000 incentive is about right. Dealer was Wolfchase in Memphis.
  • shannon327shannon327 Member Posts: 4
    OH Good! Well I am coming from a Civic so for me this is a step up to say the least in size and power. I don't have it yet. It is in transit from the factory. Should be in no later than Monday. I think you have a good point about devaluation. Honda retains its value better than any other car out there as long as you care for it well and don't put tons of miles on it. 5K is nothing I will probably put closer to 10K a year but still pretty low. I an also getting the silver w/ black int. I like it best goes with everything and it is easy to keep clean.

I wouldn't feel bad about the price at all like you said they wouldn't have done it if they couldn't. I talked to Mt. Kisko honda and they wouldn't beat the last price and Brewster did so they were the winners. Plus, they offered 1K more for my Civic which factored a lot into the equation.
    Is it comfy? Do you miss any features that aren't on the VP that are on the LX? I couldn't see spending the extra $$ on those few things.
    I will let you know when I get it though and tell you how I like it. Thanks for the advice.
  • fwbuysfwbuys Member Posts: 7
    do not miss it at all.... 4 more speakers, colored mirrors and handles, map light, coin box, auto off lights for 1000? i dont get it. i may add speakers later which is very cheap and easy to do. as to the colored stuff, heavens so!!! will never miss that. i can't possibly see how any of that will be recouped when it's time to sell. 200? 100?

either way, i'm happy with the car. the only thing i might have considered paying up for are the alloys. i may get that anyway secondhand if the steel rims bother me enough. i'm sittin here feeling real smart and happy about the purchase. good luck and enjoy your new accord.
    With destination the invoice is $24,803 (edmunds), minus the incentive it's $23,803. $24,600 with taxes and tags... Plus I got the extended warranty (8/120,000) so I think I got it for a decent amount under.
    Northern VA, got it at Koons of Manassas
    Sounds like a good deal-Somehow I missed the navigation designation in the title of your post-that's how I had the invoice at 23,000 rather than 24,803. Enjoy the ride!
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    I'm sitting overnight on an offer, $23,700 (pre-tax) for a an EX-L V6. There is only a $50 procesing fee and $395 security deposit on top of that.
  • zaffo1zaffo1 Member Posts: 3
    w/ a dealer installed spoiler ($500). Out the door was $26,000. There must be some hugh back end money coming to the dealer on these cars. They didn't fight that hard. I offered $23,600, and they came down, down, down..... the internet quotes were for car w/o spoiler, so in the end I did OK. If I had waited untel next week, I likely could have gotten for $23,000, but the Graphite gray is scarce.
  • zaffo1zaffo1 Member Posts: 3
    seem my deal below from yesterday. you can get it for 23.7. There is at least $1,000, maybe more still in the deal at that price for them. Another $450 is just pure profit.
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    I didn't mention that there were also dealer add-ons: leather/paint protection (probably worthless), car washes for life, tint, some other miscellaneous stuff, and 2 years of oil changes. It was about $1300 in add-ons but I told them I didn't want them and wouldn't include them in my price. I think I'll run with it.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    Based on the Honda end-of-year model clearance and the dealer incentives currently in effect, what should I offer the dealer for this vehicle? Also, what is a reasonable price to pay for the processing fee?

Thanks,
    Kelly
    While we're at it, here's another model I'm looking at. What's a good price for this?
  • rckmorckmo Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a new Accord from Penske Honda in Ontario. We arrived during the late evening (7:30) and were out of there by 10. The salesman wanted to make a final deal before the night was over and was willing to deal. They met our offer pretty quick and we were on our way.
    Car- 23,198
    TTL- 2,068
    OTD @ 25,267

We thank everyone for all the great comments they have been much help!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Does $27,750 w/destination sound like a good deal for this car? The only extras are tags, title, and tax. There are no other dealer add ons.
  • accord2006accord2006 Member Posts: 7
    Please read my post #1126 Honda Extended Warranties: Pricing and Info.

I thought I only needed to deal with the salesperson to negotiate about the pricing stuff. :sick: (base,OTD,apr etc)I just left my husband for couple of minutes and got him signed up for overpriced Extended Warranty.Our overall experience turned bitter. :sick: I thought so SWEETTT!!!any help? :confuse: thanks to all of you guys and the very supportive host :shades:
  • nynewcarnynewcar Member Posts: 89
    Do a search for "warranty" in this discussion - I think you might be able to get it refunded either by the dealership or, if they won't cooperate, directly from Honda.
  • iamqzliamqzl Member Posts: 11
    Bought a Honda Accord LX (Deseret Mist -- golden color) yesterday from Ken Garff Honda in Salt Lake City, Utah. The price was $18,928 including Destination charge, plus 6.6% tax and other fees. This price was not the lowest we can got, but we felt good because the dealer had very good attitude.

As a first time new car buyer, we got 6.72% APR for 60 months.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    My sister-in-law purchased a 2006 Accord EX-L, 4-cylinder, A/T (no navigation) in northern NJ yesterday for $21,100. MSRP is $25,500. Had to add obligatory $550 Destination and questionable $138 paperwork fee.

I had calculated what I thought was a good deal for her to email several dealers' Internet Managers. I suggested $22,100 (deducting $750 factory cash to dealer, $749 holdback and other adjustments to tissue). I told her to grab the $21,100 deal that was emailed to her and she drove it home yesterday.
  • thomas20thomas20 Member Posts: 2
    Blane, was this 4-door? Can you confirm Leather? (EX-L)

Both of which are consistent with your MSRP.
  • trishlynntrishlynn Member Posts: 6
    Wondering if $24,084 is a good price plus 6% tax and $75 title transfer. Please help, I'm located in the Ft. Lauderdale :shades: area. What's the invoice price and what's the deal with the $750 incentive. Please help!! Thanks!! :blush:
  • liaisonliaison Member Posts: 49
    In response to tajones05, does this mean that the factory to dealer incentive is now $1000 instead of $750?
  • richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    Just a few words to say that if you don't need a car immediately, don't get taken in by a year-end deal that might not be all that great.

If you buy a car now, it'll be a full model year old in about 6 weeks after the '07 Accord is available. The 2007 Accord be the last year of the current Accord's cycle and '07s will be discounted well below the MSRP the day they're introduced.

Whatever you save by getting a year-end '06 might be mostly lost because you're buying a year old car.

I bought my '04 Accord EX-L sedan in August, '03, just after it was introduced. My discount from the pre-tax MSRP was about 9%, and that was when the Accord was starting the 2nd year of its 5 year cycle, so was considered newer and more in demand at that time than the Accord is now.

I don't know what the '07 Accord will offer that the '06 doesn't have, but the '07 be a more desireable car for some reasons as it competes with the all-new Camry. Maybe all the '07s will have stability control or something like that. Whatever the differences, you'll wish you waited a few weeks to get the newer car for about the same price.

So, don't rush to get a leftover '06 unless you must. It might pay to wait for a better car that'll still be sharply discounted :) .....richard ss
    thomas20,

Yes, it is a 4-door

Yes, EX-L = Leather
    True, but consider this. If you buy a 2006 now one thing you may have going for you is lower than average mileage when you trade it in, so you could end up making up for the age difference on the back end.

Plus, based on what I see in terms of remaining inventory, it's probably going to be a while before the dealers clear their 06 stock. Besides, everything I've read lately is predicting that Honda won't make any major changes to 2007 HAH, except for some slight cosmetic modifications to the front and especially the back of the car. I've read that the lack of modifications will be due to an upcoming 2008 redesign.
    No trishlynn, $24,084 is not a particularly good price for that vehicle. See my post #12171. You should be able to do much better, especially now, at the end of the model year.

Tax and transfer (if state mandated) are not negotiable. So they should not enter into your determination as to whether it is or isn't a good deal.

Dealer invoice cost for that model is $22,496. You should then subtract $750 factory to dealer incentive 7/6/06 - 9/5/06 and $765 holdback (3% of base MSRP of $25,500) to get closer to their actual cost. My earlier post had a $749 figure based upon certain local factors.

See here regarding the $750 incentive:

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?styleid=100640405&popuppage=o- n
    I hear all of this talk about deducting dealer holdback and incentives and although I'm not a dealer or salesperson, I have to ask, how much do you feel the dealer deserves?

After all, they provide a place where you can see and test drive the cars you're interested in, they provide employment, and they pay state and federal taxes that benefit us all. Believe me, I want to get the best price I can, but in all fairness we should allow them to make a reasonable amount of profit for the service and economic development they provide. So how much profit do you (anyone reading this post) feel they deserve?
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    Good advice Richard! I will take it up a notch. Why buy current model at all when you can wait for 08 redesign in 07 fall? Current model is boring (but better than previous one which didnt have the chrome bar up front) redesign comes every 4 years IMO. Speaking of 2008 redesign does anyone know how 08 North American accord will look like? I am expecting a wider and roomier back seat with flat floor. :shades: Why? 'cause thats one of the reason people choose camry over accord dummy!! :P Also, the front overhang may be shorter for low turning radius. Should help out in the miserable parking lots of walmart. ;) But if you still insist on buying one, then I recommend Redondo red pearl with ivory. I think its better than the dull and boring black interiors. Besides will help out if you have a dog :P
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    Whats the reasoning for most people here for not taking Acura TSX over Honda Accord? I find TSX to be a good car.
  • veerpalsinghveerpalsingh Member Posts: 1
    Can you guys help me to figure out best rate(In chicago) of Honda Accord EX with or without leather. thankyou
  • apollo412apollo412 Member Posts: 5
    For the 4cyl EX cloth Auto........I bought one for 20,182 but i suspect you can get it even cheaper.

The 4cyl EX-L Auto a good price would be around 21000.......
  • hondahenryhondahenry Member Posts: 35
    I'm thinking about buying a 06' or 07' Accord LX V6. Just wandering which dealership is easier to do business with. Anybody had any experience here? Thanks.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    No need to worry about owners of dealerships.

Most are multi-millionaires. And most car salespeople, if they are any good at selling, are able to make a comfortable living.

There are many ways of skinning a cat.
    Isn't invoice including transportation on a V-6 Auto EX leather --- $25,200 minus the 750 incentive equals 24,650 minus the holdback is around 23,900. What am I missing here? I suggest trish is getting a fair deal! She is getting the whole incentive and part of the holdback. BTW your sister in law's deal appears to right at 1200 under invoice after destination and doc fee are added to the deal.Right?
  • accord2006accord2006 Member Posts: 7
    nynewcar,thanks for your suggestion and to other readers
    Please read my post #1126 Honda Extended Warranties: Pricing and Info,any help suggestions? :confuse: so I have more options.... :sick: :cry:
  • bsccbscc Member Posts: 6
  • bsccbscc Member Posts: 6
    I have a price quote of 21,000 for a 2006 accord LX V-6. It includes destination. Invoice is about 22,500. I sthis a good price or is it realistic to get a lower price.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    I'm assuming that the car has leather. If so, that's a great deal. I come up with $21,057 after you take out the $749 dealer holdback and $750 incentive. Not bad!