Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kevingeekevingee Member Posts: 10
    I got my new car from Peter's Honda of Nashua, NH:
    Black 2006 EX-L Automatic
    Car (+ wheel locks) - $22,206
    TTL - $197
    OTD Price $22,406

I first went into Stratham Honda around the 2nd of July to get a test drive. They didn't have any EX-Ls, so I drove a EX. I then tried to make a deal there. They offered a EX-L Auto for 22,300. I offered 21,800 and was told that wasn't possible. I then called several dealerships around and asked for their lowest price. The lowest was still 22,300.

I called Peter's and asked if they would match that price. I wanted to purchase from them since they are closest to me. They did match the price. I made an appointment to come in and finalize the deal. The salesman didn't show up. I left and was just a little upset. The next day I used CarsDirect and with my luck, they put me back in touch with Peter's. The lowest price was 22,266. I was put in contact with my original salesman and he said he could match that price of 22,206 (maybe he misheard me?). We did most of the deal over the phone. I got financed through a credit union for 5.34% 60 months. The dealer wanted $500 deposit, I told them that $200 was all I felt comfortable with.

Overall the salesman did a great job (besides the schedule mishap) and I couldn't be happier with my new car. I will definitely do my dealing over the phone in the future. It saved me a lot of time in the dealership.
  • Options
    kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    These numbers are WITHOUT tax, correct?
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    I don't Blane's deal has the transportation and the document fee added in which makes the real price almost 21,750 not 21,057 which is still a good deal.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Blane.
  • Options
    nynewcarnynewcar Member Posts: 89
    blane, can you tell us which dealership you got this from? Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry,

Yes, they are without tax because in NH we don't have sales tax. :)
  • Options
    rogerzhangrogerzhang Member Posts: 1
    For the price 17K you mentioned, does it include destination and other fees? Thanks
  • Options
    cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    in my continuing search for a used ex-l i keep getting updated new car pricing. looks like pricing is a snitch better than before--got a quote of $21,350 delivered (msrp $25,500), before taxes. just wanted to give you all a sense. i think there's a decent amount of inventory still around even though the car is good value at these heavily discounted prices. i'm still seeing mostly overpriced used cars however..
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Both are great cars. But, the Accord is roomier and doesn't require premium fuel.
  • Options
    Yes, in EX-L the L = leather.
  • Options
    According to Consumer Reports I should start dealing at these prices:

With navigation: $29,241
    Without navigation: $27,504

Knowing that the dealer has a $750 incentive, what is a reasonable offer for both models?
  • Options
    kcrossley,

You asked "how much do you feel the dealer deserves?" I believe that the dealer deserves the minimum amount at which they believe they are comfortable selling their product. I would never consider going below that point. However, each dealer has their own comfort level.

I'll spend my money at the dealer that meets both their and my comfort level.
  • Options
    bscc,

You should be able to do much better. Read all of the valuable purchasing information available on the Edmunds website and on this forum.
  • Options
    nynewcar,

It was Route 23 Honda, Pompton Plains, NJ. Work only with either of the two Internet Sales guys. Send them an email first.
  • Options
    louisn,

You are correct.
  • Options
    car_crazy1car_crazy1 Member Posts: 43
    Can you please advise the name of the credit union that offered 5.34% interest rate ?
  • Options
    nynewcarnynewcar Member Posts: 89
    Thanks, and thanks for the good tip about working by email first.
  • Options
    richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    Growwise: Certainly, if you can wait for the all-new 2008 Accord, there will surely be reasons to like it better than the current Accord.

Personally, I like to buy a car after it's been for sale for at least a year to get the bugs out. Yes, Hondas are likely to be less buggy than most other brands, but the '09 is likely to be less annoying than the all-new '08.

The current '06 Accord is getting old, but it's a GREAT car that's fully perfected by now, too.

Yes, Redondo Red is nice with its gray interior, but the silver w/black leather was my choice for my '04 EX-L.

Silver is common, but I don't have a place to wash my car and want something that won't show the dust/dirt. Silver looks fresh for a long time between washes. And the black interior is more appealing than light tan which is on most of the other colors. There was a red car available when I bought mine, but it's a dark red that shows dirt too much for me :P :)
  • Options
    trishlynntrishlynn Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know exactly when the '07s are coming out? I am drive a 1992 mazda 929 :sick: which i am hoping will make it to the dealership. See my message #12173. Do you think I will be able to still get the same price of $12,084 plus mandatory tax and tag $75 on the 2007?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry, typo, I meant $24,084. :blush:
  • Options
    Is the for the 4 cylinder or 6?
    I got my price through carsdirect.com also. Best way to go.
    Thanks
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I don't see why you couldn't get that price, or maybe even a little lower as the 07s come soon.
  • Options
    The credit union is Service Credit Union http://www.servicecu.org

You can get a lower rate (depending on credit rating) if you have direct deposit.
  • Options
    This was for the 4 cylinder sedan model.
  • Options
    $22,206. I'm assuming that this is without navigation, correct?
  • Options
    jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    Can someone give me an idea of what an 06 Accord EX 4 door, V6 with cloth, automatic, and no nav should lease for?
    36-48 month, 15k per year, $0 down.
  • Options
    Can someone give me an idea of what an 06 Accord EX 4 door, V6 with cloth, automatic, and no nav should lease for?
    The EX-V6 comes standard with leather upholstry. To get cloth and a V6, you'll need to get an LX-V6. Getting this model gives up the automatic climate control, premium interior trim, heated seats, "homelink" remote transmitter, and XM radio. This car (LXV6) should be a fair bit cheaper than the EXV6 though.
  • Options
    bugs22bugs22 Member Posts: 10
    Made an initial offer via email on an Accord EX-L, 4 Dr, Automatic for $21,500 (Washington state). I arrived at this figure based on tips received on this forum and Edmunds pricing guidelines. I’m buying with cash & no trade-in. Sales guy says politely I’m not in the ballpark and through discussion he suggests we’re off by at least $2,000. I haven’t made a counter offer. Am willing to wait. Suggestions?
  • Options
    tanltanl Member Posts: 1
    I bought a silver 06 LX coupe in late May. It has two minor but annoying paint defects: The external gas inlet cover is covered about 80 percent with a "ghostly" blotch that's about 2 shades lighter than the rest of the car; there's a 4 by 5 inch blotch on the front right fender (just behind the headlamp) that's about three shades darker than the rest of the fender. Rather than bothering with the dealership, I had a local detailer try to buff out the blotch on the gas cover. It didn't work. I'll have to get the dealer to repair. Do those sound like simple manufacturing/paint process qulaity control issues? My guess is the blotch on the fender was caused by heat from the headlamp. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Right, that is without navigation.
  • Options
    car_crazy1car_crazy1 Member Posts: 43
    Dealer might have spray painted a scratch that might have occured in transport of the new vehicle in the truck...
  • Options
    smiling2smiling2 Member Posts: 12
    Just bought and picked up a Redondo Red 2006 Honda Accord LX SE 4-dr. Auto for $17891.00 plus tax, title, and dealer service fee of $99.00. Did I get a good deal? Or should I shop around more. The 2007's are going to be exactly the same from what they tell me and $1700.00 higher.
  • Options
    Bought it from a Milwaukee Wisconsin Honda Dealer (Metro Area)
  • Options
    They even gave me three free oil changes and wheel locks. Salesperson told me if sales don't pick up soon they will be out of busines by the end of the year, as they have only sold about a dozen cars last month.
  • Options
    keiffierkeiffier Member Posts: 1
    Received a qoute of $24,442 + TTL. Is this a good deal? I live in Austin Texas.
  • Options
    foreignguyforeignguy Member Posts: 6
    If you could post the Milwaukee dealer I may be able to help them by buying a similar car. You received a great price.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Geesh, all those replies and they weren't even talking to you. :(

I bought my Accord last March so it was much higher than what people are getting now. It seems to me that people in WA state and the Portland area are reporting here that they were not able to get the big reductions that others were getting in some parts of the country.

There are lots of dealers in the greater Seattle area... take advantage of that and shop around. Use their internet sales people and get prices as a starting point. Don't forget to contact places as far away as Olympia or Bremerton. The drive may be worth it.
  • Options
    Russ Darrow Honda in Milwaukee
  • Options
    jeffw330jeffw330 Member Posts: 13
    I think you are definitely in the ballpark. Invoice plus destination charges is $21,478 last time I checked, and that does not include any factory to dealer incentives that might exist this month.

Come down to Oregon. Honda Accords here are selling for $200 over invoice through most dealerships I've talked to. I purchased a 2006 EX V6 at $200 over invoice - $750 factory to dealer incentives in May.
  • Options
    needanicecarneedanicecar Member Posts: 10
    I am also looking for the same car in seattle area in the next 2 weeks. I am thinking of starting and sticking at $22500 with freight.

tallman1 do you have any advice on with dealers are better to deal in the area.
  • Options
    motorhead5motorhead5 Member Posts: 10
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. What dealership in Milwaukee if I may ask. I am from the same area.
  • Options
    Russ Darrow Honda.......go in there and create a big scene and demand what you want and basically threaten them and scare them and you will get that price like I did. Be Bold stern and aggresive and don't let them control you like most dealerships do. You are in control, not them.
  • Options
    jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Or, in other words, make an @ss out of yourself.
  • Options
    illaznillazn Member Posts: 3
    Bought it this weekend for a purchase price of $21,594 in Philly. The supply of the EX-L coupe is pretty scarce here.

w/ 7% sales tax & title fee: OTD $23,229.

Called around to six or seven other dealers in the area and an average price of about $22.3K before TTL.
  • Options
    bugs22bugs22 Member Posts: 10
    Looks like you and I are looking for the same car in the same city....stay in touch and keep me updated on your progress. I'll do likewise. Hmmmm, I wonder if there is strength in numbers. Would a dealer care if you could bring him another customer for the same car and same deal. Would certainly save some negotiating time.
  • Options
    It'll get even more intersting if there's only one of the car you're both looking for left? :-)
  • Options
    accord2006accord2006 Member Posts: 7
    Dwilliam, I have noticed that you have many posts here and I thought maybe I could ask for an advise,suggestions,comments from you or any help would do and would appreciate it. :confuse:
    I bought my car accord lx se in NJ.
    Please read my post #1126 Honda Extended Warranties: Pricing
    thank you! :)
  • Options
    go in there and create a big scene and demand what you want and basically threaten them and scare them

I think I'd rather pay $500-$1,000 more than do that. Personal integrity is worth something to me.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    My experience with dealers to the north is pretty limited. Here are some general impressions of a couple I visited:

Renton Honda ticks a lot of dealers off because they won't trade cars. If a dealer says they can't find exactly what you want by looking at inventories of all dealers, check with Renton Honda because they don't play with everyone else. There may be others like them but I don't know for sure.

Honda of Fife falls into the high pressure, game-playing dealer you always hear about. If you are up for the game, you will be able to get a good deal but it is going to take some time. Read the Edmunds advice, especially the one where the author did the undercover work as a salesman. The Fife guys won the Presidential Award so they must be doing something right. Just be prepared for a lot of work. I never did get an answer from their internet salesperson.

South Tacoma Honda has some nice people. I bought my 95 Accord from them and it was a good experience but that was a long time ago. I'll bet they'd match an offer from another dealer. They'll be happy to let you test drive a car by yourself.

West Hills Honda in Bremerton seemed like a good place but I only exchanged email with the internet person.

The Olympia internet guy was very nice but they didn't seem all that willing to deal. I didn't try to push it though.

I ended up buying my car in Portland because they had exactly what I was looking for. The 5 speed manual I4 in an EX-L with Navi is somewhat rare. :)

Good luck... there are many more dealers that those that I mentioned.
  • Options
    robinmdrobinmd Member Posts: 21
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that contribute on this board. By reading all of these posts I was able to come up with a price that I thought was reasonable for the car. I requested price quotes (using Edmunds) from 5 dealers online and received a couple in my price range of around $21,000.

So I purchased my Silver EX-L 4 cylinder automatic this weekend from O'Donnell Honda in Ellicott City, Maryland for an out the door price of $22,997.85. The internet price I was given from them was $21,068 not including options and fees.

What was great about this dealership is that they didn't add any options on the car and let me choose what I wanted to add rather than trying to negotiate the price of the car with the options already added on. In the end, I didn't get any options and decided that if I really wanted to add something I could just buy it myself later and install it on the car, which doing so would cost me 1/2 what the dealer charges for the options.

Thanks for help folks. Hope that all of you searching for a car get the car for what you feel is a fair price.

BTW--I love this car. :)

~Robert
  • Options
    This is without navigation, correct?