Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 36austin736austin7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, please be more specific: was this for an EX cloth with manual or auto trans.? I was at Criswell over the weekend for a 2006 LX auto; but the salesperson was not very flexible on the price--around $18,750 without any options plus TTL. Perhaps I should try their internet sales person.Thanks
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    I think you'll find them mostly in NY or Massachusets, where it is required. I got my PZEV car in Staten Island, NY.
  • escape714escape714 Member Posts: 4
    anyone know good deal from S. Cali dealers?
  • darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    Yes. Check out Rock Honda, Diamond Bar Honda, and Honda World in Westminister, CA. All 3 were within 2 or 3 hundred $ of each other. My last quote from Rock Honda for a EXL-4 w/0 nav. was $ 21,450 including dest. w/o TL.
  • vtwondervtwonder Member Posts: 11
    I have been reading this forum for about two months to keep up with the latest pricing. Finally picked up the Accord from Friendly Honda in Pougkeepsie, NY last Saturday. I lived in VT but local dealer Automaster was asking for $25,000 (include destination but not doc fee). I had to travel down to Pok last weekend for personal business, so that does not end up to be an extra trip for me.

Selling price: $23,799
    Doc fee: $45.00
    NY state fee and Transient plate to VT: $31
    Total: $23,875

I asked for several quotes through the Internet. Berlin City from NH gave me a quote of 23,799. I emailed Friendly Honda and asked them to match since I had to travel to Pok anyway. One of the salesman called me and said they would match -- it's that straightforward, no hassle.

Just want to thank all the folks posting here for sharing all the information to make me a more educated buyer.
  • lahirilahiri Member Posts: 394
    Just dumped my unreliable Chevy Blazer for a new 06 CR-V. I got 400 below invoice price from Dick Ide of Rochester-NY. :) Price negotiation took less than a minute!!! Great dealer!!! Great price!!!

Apparently, the dealer is offering equally sweet deals on 06 Accords!!!
  • rhornrhorn Member Posts: 2
    What is a good price on the 2006 accord in the DC- Metro area - Maryland and Virginia ? Also- how much extra should navi be? Thanks
  • jjoe1jjoe1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 4cyl Accord EX-L with manual transmission (w/o nav). is your price for manual or auto?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    No more prone than other cars.

I suppose if you're worried the clear bra stuff might be the way to go.

Otherwise, don't follow other cars too closly and avoid the big trucks on the road.
  • davkjdavkj Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased EX V-6 6MT for 24,088, including wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards at Sussman Honda in Philadelphia area. TTL not included. These cars seem very scarce in this area.

It was an easy transaction. I did not have an internet quote, made an offer, they countered and I accepted.

Tried another dealer earlier in the day, that had given me the lowest internet quote at 24,114. I got there to find the car loaded with accessories. They were not upfront about this. There excuse was that the internet quote says "excluding dealer installed options". They did drop the price on these extras (wheel locks, pinstripe, window engraving, splash guards) from $500 to $200. But the fact that they weren't up front about these items and basically pushed us out of the showroom when we tried to counter their offer made it easy to walk - that and the fact that the car already had 200 miles on the odometer....
  • cjamaalecjamaale Member Posts: 8
    Could someone please tell me what I should pay for an Accord EX V-6 6MT w/ Navi. Sorry to be so particular, but maybe it will be helpful? I am in San Antonio, TX and I would like a Graphite Pearl one.

As far as accessories, I would like:

Rear Wing Spolier ($559.60)
    Fog Lights (406)
    Auto Day/Night Mirror & Compass (294)
    (the above is essentially the EX Sport Package, right? Is there a discount when you order the package?)
    Honda Music Link - IPOD connector (318)

Mats are included, right? If not, then add the cost of those bad boys, too.

I am planning to lease; 15K/year and just buy at the end, just to get into one with no or as little out of pocket cash as possible.

My pops has a similar one (Auto, no Navi; 3 months old) and he has several nicks on his front end. Any suggestions on how to avoid this without going the bra (nose mask option)? And does anyone have any suggestions on any after market alarms that can be intergrated with the Honda key transmitter? Trying to avoid having to have 2 fobs on the key ring?

Any and all help, info, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. First time buyer here.

Cheers.
  • nynewcarnynewcar Member Posts: 89
    You can find a lot of helpful info if you do a search of this discussion. Try using the search term TX or Texas.

HTH
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Hope you have better luck than I have had with the local Honda dealers. May want to look into Reliance Honda (Lake Jackson) or Howdy Honda (Austin)
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    In fall of 07? I was wondering when the next redesign is due?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Fall of 2007 would be about right...it would be the latest I'd expect it, but probably most likely.
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    Anyone know for sure if the '06 Accord incentives have been extended into August? Any possibility they have been increased? I am getting close to pulling the trigger and don't want to wish I had waited a week or two.
  • romeojulietromeojuliet Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an 2006 Honda Accord EX-V6 W/ Navi and standard equipment on July 27. It is alabaster silver color

The MSRP is 29,850
    I paid 25,700(included destination) + TTL
    extend warranty: 1,000 for 7 years/100,000 miles
    Lo Jack: 600

I live in Dallas area.I don't know whether it is a good price or not.I paid by cash.It was an unhappy experience when I dealt with the sales. They wanted me paid more but I really didn't care if I buy this car or not. Because I was still thinking about 2007 Toyota Camry, it's 2007 and new model and also one of my friend strongly recommeded me to buy a 2007 Toyota Camry. I thought if I couldn't get a cheaper price on a 2006 Honda Accord, then I should buy a 2007 Toyota. They finally agreed with this price so I bought it. However, after I bought this car, my family really like it. It's a nice car.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    The incentives run through 9-5-06 and vary according to the specific model you're looking at purchasing. Here are the details: http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=2&modelId=100506726&setz- ip=21114&state=MD&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.2.2.Honda*

Kelly
  • gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    With the 2007 Accord released (at least it appears on Honda's website), is anyone seeing significantly better deals on the 2006 Accords? I don't see any changes on the 2007 model except for a couple of additional color combos and a $100 bump up in MSRP.
  • cjamaalecjamaale Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the response. Is yours auto or manual?
  • geemanngeemann Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 w/o Navi this past weekend in Northern California. Here was our breakdown...

Sales Price $22,817
    tax@7.25% 1654.25
    doc fee 45.00
    dmv 213.00
    cvr fee 28.00
    tire fee 8.75
    total $24,766

I did all negotiating via email and online bids. Never had to deal with the salesmen face to face until we had an agreed on price. So much easier than in person. Try placing bids with all your local dealers to stir up a bidding frenzy and to easier find out who is willing to deal and who is not.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM QUOTE YOU THE OUT THE DOOR PRICE, WITH TTL INCLUDED AND ANY DEALER ADDONS!!. Dealers have a knack for surprise addon fees once you arrive at the dealership even after making an agreement on price. I also requested the car have less than 10 miles on it to insure they weren't trying to pawn off one of their demos or a returned vehicle. All in all was stressful, but not as bad as haggling face to face for 5 hours.

:)
  • jmyers2jmyers2 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a new Accord LX at a North California dealership last week. I paid $20K OTD and $18,200 before TTL. The buying experience was reasonably pleasant, though we were pushed to buy some stuff we didn't need. This was my first car purchase (for my wife, actually), and thanks to the other posters on this forum for their valuable advice.

Before taking delivery of the vehicle, I noticed spray paint on the right side of the body and the wheel wells, and got a due bill. Since then, I've just been given the runaround by the dealership. At my first appointment, I was made to wait the entire day at the dealership, before having to drive back home because they did not have the "replacement wheel wells" though I had mentioned this when I made the appointment. After complaining to Honda, I now have a second appointment, but while they claim to have the replacement wheel wells, they refuse to tell me how they will fix the spray point on the body. Their answers vary from "body shop" to "touch up paint" to "it is a secret". At this point, I am really wary of trusting them with the car, and I would like to know:
    1. If there are any other avenues I should pursue to get this fixed?
    2. Can I possibly contact another dealership with the due bill?

Thanks much for any advice.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    That's unbelievable-2300 under invoice!!!! I got about 1100 under invoice on a 6 speed coupe in Memphis and now feel like I got a bad deal. :confuse: California Dreaming!!!
  • romeojulietromeojuliet Member Posts: 2
    auto
    Well, to be honest, I was a bit skeptical with the offer especially since I had to drive over an hour to the dealer. This dealers offer was more than $800 less than any other offer. The salesman was a man of his word though and everything, including the price, was legit.
  • sooksook Member Posts: 5
    That's a great price. What dealership was this from?
    Ah...yeah..." Unbelievable"

No further conmment...
    Guess I must be living in the wrong part of the country, dealers here rarely if ever go below invoice, let alone give you the entire dealer holdback but as they say the market determines the price.
  • rgray3rgray3 Member Posts: 23
    Best Offer for EX-L V6 I have received so far is $23,500 in NC.
  • alykalyk Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys i just bought a 2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr auto (silver with black interior)
    MSRP. 21,375 + dealer add's
    INV. 19,299 (18,549 AFTER 750 INCENTIVE)
    i offered 18,449, they countered at 18,459.

They had the following add's (already on the car) which i said i would not pay for, and they could feel free to remove it.
    Handpainted pinstrip - 199.
    Exterior paint protection - 599.
    interior cabin protection - 299.
    splash guards - 179. (if that isnt the add-on deal of the year i dont know what is :) )
    road hazard - 224. (tires and wheel protection)
    Kill switch 399. ( a little unit key you have to put in car to allow the igition to work, pretty nifty, not worth the money however)

Basically i told them i would not pay for any of them, and the manager finally agreed and only charged me for the tire and wheel road hazard.

so the deal was 18, 459.05 + 224 +TTYL(no bs. dealer fees other than 50 doc fee., tax was 1167.) = 20,070.01

Sorry for the long post, hopefully i did well, if not, please feel free to let me know, so that i can learn from the experience. Overall great experience, and my sales rep was EXTREMELY good looking (BIG PLUS :) ).

I only had one day to make the deal, and the car had 63 miles on it.
  • smiling2smiling2 Member Posts: 12
    Just bought a 2006 Accord LX SE 4-dr Auto for $17999.00 plus tax, title and $$99.00 dealership fee from a Milwaukee Area Dealership for my Parents replacing thier 1989 Honda Accord 4-dr. LXi with 254,000 miles.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    They countered with a dollar value $10 higher! LOL ;)
  • abruornnabruornn Member Posts: 1
    This one is probably pretty far afield for this forum, but if anyone has an answer or a suggestion where to check for one, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Last week my wife and I signed a lease agreement on a 2006 Honda LX. We were dissatisfied with a number of things about the transaction and called the sales manager to complain. He eventually agreed to cancel the deal and take the car back. However, he later called to say that since a temporary permit had been issued for the car, it is technically considered registered, and so he can't undo the deal and take it back.

Turns out he had checked this only with his "registry man" and not with our state's DMV (we live in a different state from the dealership). I suggested I call our DMV and see what their view is on the temporary-permit-equals-registration question. If they say that's not the case, presumably he will cancel the deal. My question is, does registration rule out the possibility of cancellation? Why or why not? (This so I can have something to talk from, if the DMV doesn't uphold our hope.)

Again, any counsel would be welcome. Thanks
    ya, but i was pretty firm, since a DFW dealer was offering 850 off invoice on accords, however they only had two to offer, this dealer was about 40 miles out of town (with a good selection), and i was actually on the road for work, i am on the way to the dealership to pick it up, HOW DID I DO? i am dying to know if i did well.

Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    If the dealer were able to cancel the deal before anything is officially recorded by outside agencies (ie, public record), then he could still sell the car as "new." But once it is registered in your name or the title is transferred, its now officially a used car and he has to sell it as such.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

224.00 for "tire and wheel protection"??

What a crock!
    YA, and it is only on the tires and wheels for 36 / 36000 miles., so i know i got screwed, but mind you, i got all the other dealer add's for free, so basically i paid a bit over 18,650 for the car with all the adds. Paint protection, interior protection, pinstriping, wheel well deals, already on the car, and they werent going to take them off, basically i paid 224 for all the add-ons.

let me know how i did overall.., i could not get a better deal anywhere i went and i had to make deal that day. It is a gift for my sister, and i will be paying it off in december, so the financing rate really does not matter to me.

Thanks
    damn! I'll be your sis for a free car!! ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    If you like the pinstriping then you didn't do too badly...you knew the other items were pure unadulterated BS...but, nevertheless, I would of walked before I'd pay one dime for tire protection.

What next...heat and air conditioning protection?
    HAHA... you are right, but i needed to get it done before my brother in law left, and since it is a surprise for my sister i could not title it in her name. But basically i paid like 150- 190 dollars over invoice. (invoice was 19,299 - 750 incentive).

So hopefully it isnt bad. Also i got the theftlock, which is an extra key (ignition call pretty much), without it you cannot start the car. They were asking 399. for it, but i didnt pay anything for it. I tried to get the SE at like 7 dealers, and no one had any 2006's in stock, last month i was getting a much better deal (17,999 LX and 18,500 SE), but i wasnt ready, now the 06's are almost gone and the 07's are going to be a lot more especially with the incentive.

I myself cannot wait til the 08's come out to replace my 03 w. 87500 miles.

Thanks again
    I tried so hard to get the SE, but the prices were too high, i really wanted to get that one for her, since there were alloy wheels, but no dealer wanted to make the deal, i did internet and everything, best price i got for it was 19.300 plus ttl.

Hopefully when i replace my 03 for an 08 i will get a better deal. (doubt it being that i want it when it first hits the showroom, and if the trend like the civic keeps up...)
  • rhornrhorn Member Posts: 2
    EX_V6 auto invoice $23,732
    incentives 3% holdback and $750 factory to dealer incentives
    These are rough numbers but this brings the cost of the car down to about $22,000 to the dealers.
    Please correct me if my numbers are off.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    EX V-6 ---Invoice approx. 25,200 minus 750 incentive and 840 holdback===
    23,610????????????
    Maybe your figures are for the V-6 LX not the EX!!
    Sounds like you may have paid more for your Accord. Thats cool.
    he just finds it hard to believe a dealer paid someone to take a car.

• jjoe1jjoe1 Member Posts: 2
    can I ask which dealers gave you the best price?
    Exactly, but I do try to bite my tongue.
  • smiling2smiling2 Member Posts: 12
    There are plenty of LX SE's here in Milwaukee as I got mine for 17999.00. Nobody is buying them because they are buying Fits and civics as gas prices will be well over $4.00 a gallon to stay by Labor day. There is plenty of colors and choices here on the lots in Milwaukee. I think I could of even got a lower price if I put on a scene and demanded a certain price such as 17750 or even 17500. These cars aren't going anywhere and in a few years they will be sitting on used cars lots deeply discounted, as Honda flooded the market with too many Accords and not enough Civics and Fits.
    Glad to see another person get a good deal on an Accord. Here in the San Antonio area the LX model is going for $19,109.00 and the LX SE for $19,749.00, not sure how our market gets away with charging the prices they do.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    Unfortunately, it's economics 101—supply and demand.